About this listing
PLEASE look at calendar section for availability
PLEASE CHECK OUT MY OTHER PROPERTY
★ Greenwich Village Designer Suite ★
★ Hip,Young & Fabulous Midtown ★
★ Newly Renovated Time Square Pad ★
★ APARTMENT ★
The apartment is on 8th Avenue & W 29th Street. This duplex apartment is on the ground floor. The basement bedroom has no windows, the spiral staircase is narrow and may be difficult for certain people.
★ BEDROOM ★
• Queen size bed Tempur-Pedic memory foam mattress (sleeps 2)
• Amazing L-shaped couch in a spacious living room (sleeps 1)
• Electric-powered self inflating air mattress available (sleeps 2)
★ LIVING AREA ★
you will find a comfy contemporary sofa along with other eclectic furnishings, a 46" LED TV equipped with HD cable. You will also find a CD/Radio/iPod stereo.
★ KITCHEN ★
you will find cupboards full of cooking implements, an oven range, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, and a Delonghi Lattissima Espresso Machine.
★ SECURITY DEPOSIT ★
Security deposit required, Airbnb doesn't place a hold, but reserves the right to charge up to the amount of $500 USD that is on this listing. (PLEASE SEE RENTAL AGREEMENT / HOUSE RULES)
• $500 security deposit
• $100 cleaning fee
• monthly rental also includes a weekly maid service
Interaction with Guests
I will most likely be traveling outside of NYC during your stay. We are very responsive via email and phone with guest needs and can help you if something goes wrong!
Nikki is my maid / manager
Just 2 blocks from Madison Square Garden, this downtown Manhattan neighborhood.
Easy access to the New York City Subway System lines.
Penn Station is just a 5-minute walk away.
A, C, E, 1, 2, 3
Other Things to Note
This's a duplex apartment. The living room, dining room, kitchen and full bath is on the ground floor, The basement bedroom with half bath and no windows. Spiral staircase is narrow and may be difficult for certain people.
Welcome to One-Bedroom/Madison Square Garden!! I have made every effort to prepare a clean, stylish and comfortable place for you and I sincerely hope you enjoy your time here. I do have a few simple house rules which I kindly ask all my guests to respect:
I, in renting the property previously established via communication with us through, including, but not limited to, AirBnB, (Luxury Designer Rentals LLC), email, and phone, agree to and understand the following….
1. At the time of check-in a photo ID is required to be shown. I respect your privacy, but I want to make sure that it is not a third party booking since that is against Airbnb's Terms of Service.
• For a seamless arrival experience, please ensure we are able to reach you via email and cell phone prior to and day of your arrival. You may also contact me at (phone number hidden)) confirm your arrival time and method of transportation.
• Checkin booklet that outlines, in detail, locations to local grocery stores, pharmacies, recommended local bars, and restaurants along with other neighborhood tips.
2. Please leave the apartment in the same condition as when you first arrived.
3. Please do not wear your street shoes inside as they can soil the designer carpets and damage the floors. I have provided you with slippers to wear if you wish.
4. Please be mindful not to stain the towels or bed linen as this renders them unusable for other guests. Recently I have had some issues with guests that have stain or damage bedding (makeup, menstruation and sexual lubricant)(SORRY for being too graphic)
• Stains that can NOT be removed will result in an automatic deduction from the security deposit. A damaged sheet set will be $160, a damaged duvet cover will be $170. (If you are not able to agree to these terms, please bring your own linens).
• Any glassware, dinnerware, silverware, kitchenware, that is lost or damaged must be replaced.
• Should any of the provisions not be met you will be notified before any charge is made.
5. Please leave me a note if you accidentally break any item or if anything is not working properly in the apartment.
6. This is a NON SMOKING apartment. Pets are not permitted in rental units under any conditions. No outside friends/guests without permission.
7. Please turn off the lights and air conditioners when you leave and, in winter, lower the heat as well. This will keep my exorbitant electric / AC bill from going even higher.
8. You understand that the property previously established via communication with us through, including, but not limited to, AirBnB, (Luxury Designer Rentals LLC), email, and phone, is BOOKED AS IS. We recommend that you thoroughly research the property you have decided to rent utilizing reviews featured on AirBnB, (Luxury Designer Rentals LLC) Maps, and any other tools that can help you better understand the property and its neighborhood. We are available via email and phone leading up to your booking should you have any questions about the property.
9. Things can and may occur that may impact the quality of your stay, should this be the case we are here to help. Please contact us with any supporting materials via email should you notice anything that you did not expect and we will try our best to remedy the situation.
10. At the time I accept your reservation, I will uphold to the number of guests that I approved. I do have the right to ask or collect payment through the Airbnb website.
11. In certain circumstances, Airbnb may decide, in its sole discretion, that it is necessary or desirable to cancel a confirmed booking made via the Site, Application and Services. This may be for reasons set forth in Airbnb’s Extenuating Circumstances policy at. We recommend purchasing travel insurance to protect yourself.
I reserve the right to apply the $500 security deposit to cover any damage or infringement of the house rules.
We had a lovely time at Sonya's place. She has amazing taste, the apartment was gorgeous yet homely, and so convenient to everywhere we wanted to go.
It was great having a separate bedroom with a wonderfully comfy bed. We really enjoyed being able to relax in the aircon at night and watch some netflix. There was also a pretty amazing coffee machine that helped get us going in the morning.
Sonya's communication was fantastic, she gave us directions from the airport, was there to show us around the apartment, and answered all other questions we had as needed.
Would definitely recommend sonya's place to anyone visiting NY!
We were lucky enough to stay at Sonya's this summer! Although we unfortunately did not get to meet Sonya, she had someone meet us at the door and 'check-in' was simple and seamless! Her 1 bedroom was spacious and could quite easily fit 5 people if need be! Fully stocked cupboards and fridge were an added plus (amazing little coffee maker with plenty of options) and she left us a little treat in the fridge which was a lovely touch. Besides how homely we found her place, the location couldn't be more perfect! In the heart of the city, a few minutes walk to Penn Station and Madison Sq Garden and easy access to shops, restaurants and bars! Will definitely stay here next time we are in New York!
Recommended for short stay and 2 people.
Sonya's apartment is nice and welcoming. Nikki checked us in and gave us some treats. Throughout the stay Sonya and Nikki tried to help us as much as possible.
However, the apartment will be a little too small for 3-4 people. There were lots of plants in the apartment, making a few worms and bugs in the house. It was a 24 day stay for me and my friends. We were mostly at home since New York was so hot. A lot of things in the apartment are already old. After leaving the apartments, I receive lots of emails about breaking items and electric bills. However, we know clearly what we broke and have repaired. And since we stayed at home a lot through the 24 days, the electric bill was very high. Sonya then emailed a lot about repairing items we did not break and bill that was never mentioned before hand. We are definitely willing to help if the bill was too high. However, it should always be mentioned before hand and it was a long stay for 5 people.
Within the first day the guests managed to lock themselves out of the bathroom. I has to pay my handyman $60 to make a visit to unlock the bathroom.
Later in their stay, they managed to lock the five of themselves out of the apartment, leaving both sets of keys inside. This cost $100 to have my cleaner make an emergency trip to bring the keys to them at the school.
The description of the property in my profile states that it is recommended for two adults. These guests elected to have a group of five, ages 15 to 18 stay at my apartment. Essentially, it ended up that they stayed at an average per day cost of $50 per person. I did not make any extra charges for having five guests. I had my housekeeper visit to clean the apartment every week for the duration of the 24 day stay, also at no additional charge.
Clearly, it is stated that food is not to be consumed anywhere except for the dining area. There were food wrappers, particles and crumbs in the bed and bedroom. The kitchen and apartment in general were left very messy. It looks like my home was used as a frat house, as opposed to the intent of being a place to rest and relax during a visit to New York. There were flies because of food remnants that were left scattered all over the apartment.
There were several items in the kitchen that were broken. A light fixture in the bathroom was broken as well.
Additionally, for the month of their stay, my electric bill was $586.32. When I got home after they had left, all of the apartment lights had been left on.
Sonya was the absolute sweetest person, so helpful and she really went out of her way to make our stay comfortable. Her apartment is gorgeous, beautifully decorated and furnished, and I fell in love with the narrow, winding staircase down to the bedroom. Speaking of, the bed is insanely comfortable! Like sleeping on cloud fluff and marshmallows. Honestly, the only thing that could get us up in the morning was the heaven-sent coffee maker – lattes and cappuccinos to die for. The neighborhood is also a prime location, lots of great little bars and eateries and only a short walk away from the nearest station, so it made getting around the city very easy. We had a fantastic stay here! Love the place.
Sonya's duplex was clean, comfortable and well-located. However, the spiral staircase is narrow and may be difficult for certain people. The basement bedroom has no windows.
Sonya's apartment at madison square garden has The best location for tourist in Manhatten. Walk distance to downtown and upper Manhattan aswell.
The apartment is perfect for 3 people. We liked The design!
A bit noisy, because of thin Walls, but it worked out.
Nice soft towels!
Sony's apartment is comfortable and conveniently located. The check-in process was easy and Sonya was prompt to respond to any questions we had via SMS.
This host has 141 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Sonya
I am international flight attendant, work requires me to travel to London, Paris, Milan, Hong Kong, Dubai and Bangkok frequently. Who is also dabbling into real estate and furnished rentals.
Style wise when I'm traveling I like things clean and modern. As you can tell from my apartment its always in tip top condition and very stylish.
feel free to contact me with questions. thanks, Sonya