About this listing
Balinese style home in the middle of the jungle and still minutes from the beach, offers the comforts of a hotel with the seclusion and sanctity of the Costa Rican rain forest . With 16 acres of private trails, ocean views and sunsets, animals, a small infinity pool and yoga pavilion, it is paradise.
We offer full maid service included in the price, concierge style assistance that helps book trips, massages, other services and can coordinate private meals on location.
Secluded balinese style, tropical retreat on a private hilltop only minutes from Punta Dominical. Bordering a nature reserve the property is filled with a variety of Costa Rican wildlife, ranging from monkeys and toucans to wild piglets and armadillos.
This stunning ocean-view property includes 5 acres of manicured gardens and 11 acres of jungle, accessible by an extensive series of private hiking paths. The custom-designed balinese-style villas blend into the surrounding landscape beautifully and take full advantage of the cooling breeze from the ocean below.
A plunge pool with waterfall is built into the living space outside the kitchen and sitting room. A rancho at the top of the hill is perfect for morning yoga or sunset happy hour, whichever suits the mood.
Daily cleaning service is included. Private meals, guided night walks, and private yoga sessions all on the property can be arranged.
Refugio de La Reserva is perfect for those wanting the luxury of a hotel, but the privacy and seclusion of your own home within walking distance of the beach.
Daily cleaning service is included but can be elected to have only once a week.
• Beach for surfing, boogie boarding, strolling or just hanging out
• Horseback rides to waterfalls or along the beach
• Visiting Baru National Wildlife Refuge or Manual Antonio National Park
• Great restaurants and bars to enjoy.
• Boat trip from Ballena National Marine Park or Seripe River tours
• Deep sea fishing, in-shore fishing (about a mile out) and fishing from the shore
• Live entertainment /dancing at many of the bars somewhere most nights
• Many places to eat ranging from simply casual to exotically casual
• White-water raft tours, paragliding tandems and ultra-light tours
• River Canyoning Tours that repel down a series of eight waterfalls
• Rentals for bicycles, kayaks, paddle boards, motor bikes and ATV's
• Texas Hold-em at Bar Jolly Roger or have some great wings / cold beer
• Farmer's Markets and other local attractions
• Yoga, Pilates classes and massage appointments
• Scuba Diving at Cano Island or snorkeling in several locations
• Whale watching tour boat
• Visit an indigenous community
• One of the best places in the world for bird watching
Interaction with Guests
We will not be on the property, but our property manager is available for any questions/concerns
Dominicalito is 30 minutes south of Manuel Antonio. This is a special place where a series of 1,500 to 3,000 foot jungle mountain ridges meet the ocean, one of the only places and the longest distance that this happens in Central America. It is a section of about 12 miles with Dominical at the center of it all. The highest point of Costa Rica, Cerro Chirripo at 12,530 feet is directly inland only 35 miles as a toucan flies. But it is the ocean and beaches that Dominical is most well-known for and also our central location to several close-by, well-known National Parks.
Dominicalito is a small village just 5 minutes south of the main village Dominical. Below are just a small list of things to do in the area.
A 4x4 vehicle is highly recommended.
The house is 30 minutes from the Quepos airport
No pets allowed.
Not suitable for very young kids.
Smoking allowed in certain areas.