This is a classic and cozy 20' motorhome. Large enough to sleep and small enough to have parked in town! This is for the bohemian inside. It has a 4 burner propane stove, refrigerator, bathroom with hot shower, propane space heater, two full beds and a single. It's a really great use of space! You can park it anywhere you'd park a car (driveway, city street, some parking lots).
NOTE: THIS IS FOR STATIONARY USE ONLY. NO DRIVING.
If you're in town for a game, stay at Candlestick Park RV park. If you want to see the Redwoods, stay in Marin County. You may arrange for a stationary rv park location in the bay area. What are you waiting for? Adventure Awaits.
Please also read the house rules for general information about renting the RV!
If you plan to stay in the Bay Area this is a great alternative to things as usual. This RV fits in any standard uncovered parking space.
Bedding, dishes, pots & pans are included.
*Palo Alto locations also available.
|Room type:||Entire home/apt|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$5 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||2 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$400 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1200 /month|
|Check Out:||12:00 PM (noon)|
The RV is old, but I think that just adds to the experience. It was very comfortable and a great conversation starter. Veronica was very accommodating. A great experience.
Awesome place! Dream mobile that can go where is most convenient for you! Veronica was SO GREAT! Highly recommended to the adventurous traveler!
The RV is great for staying at an unusual location: we for instance had Veronica park it at Ocean Beach where we stayed for 3 nights. However, you need to plan in some time to first figure out the controls for gas and water. Otherwise no shower or fridge. Can recommend it - but be aware that it's less comfortable than a hotel room...
I would not repeat this experience. I was single and staying in the RV for 30 days, here are things I noticed, first the good ones:
- there is a lot of space for a single person
- the table is big
- the bed is big and really nice
- the RV was in a great location
- the host is a friendly person
Here are the things I did not like:
- water is limited and not sufficient to last a week for one person (with showers). Veronica recharges weekly, and could not charge water 2 times a week. This was not mentioned in the description and is disappointing. This was a biggest problem for me.
- there is no AC electricity. I thought there would be some kind of strong internal batteries for this type of vehicle but nop. The only way you can get AC is via adapter that runs when the vehicle is turned on. I could not get my hair dryer run on this because of low power.
- the only reliable light source is propane lamp. Internal lights spend a car battery. If car battery drains, RV cannot be turned on. The advice from the host is to only use electric lamps when the RV is turned on. The host does provide external lamps that run on rechargeable batteries.
- RV maintenance - it has to be turned on (by you - guest) each day for 15 minutes to recharge car battery. That way it will not drain on itself. Not a biggie, but a thing you have to keep in mind and do.
- main doors to the RV are not usable. I think the lock is broken and that is the reason why the doors have to be jammed all the time. Instead of this, you have to use car doors which are not as nice.
- there is a decent size fridge, but it does not work. The host could not get it working for me.
- RV cannot be in one place but has to be re-parked every week to the other side of the street or to other block.
Unfortunately, none of the above problems were written in the description when I reserved it.
Electricity and water problems are definitely not up to AirBnb standards.
The main problem for me was lack of water - I could not get regular showers! In the end I bought a nearby gym membership (additional cost $75) and showered there. I also raised a complaint to AirBnB for this and luckily they reimbursed this cost for me.
Even though the cost of the RV was a bit lower, I would not repeat this experience because there are too many downsides that were not in the description.
Meus pais e meu irmão passaram três noites no trailer da Veronica. Eles acharam o ambiente limpo, com todos os utensílios domésticos necessários para passar o período. A princípio, o trailer estava bem localizado, mas depois eles tiveram que mudar de lugar e acabaram não gostando da nova localização, a acharam deserta, além de ser próxima a alguns containers de lixo, onde pessoas ficavam revirando os containers até tarde da noite.
Apesar de a Veronica ter enviado as instruções sobre como proceder durante a estadia deles, eles sentiram falta de ser recepcionados, pois tiveram dificuldades em alguns procedimentos devido a não nunca terem ficado num trailer.
Eles foram visitados por ela na terceira noite e a acharam uma pessoa muito agradável. Durante essa visita, ela explicou várias coisas pra eles, o que eles gostaram muito e acham que deveria ter ocorrido no início da estadia.
Apesar desses detalhes, eles gostaram da experiência e recomendam.
Our experience in the RV was incredible. We (4 French guys) rented it for 3 weeks and we leave at the same for the whole time. Indeed, it is not easy for foreigners to suscribe an insurance as it is a big and quite old one. However, it was no problem for us as we rented another smaller van when we wanted to move out of the city. This was more convenient as the RV has an old engine and is quite difficult to drive downtown San Francisco (as you can read in the previous comments). The only thing that could be tricky for some people that would like to rent it, is that amenities are limited: forgot the 10mins shower that you are used to have at home and keep in mind that electricity is not unlimited :) However, the 2 beds were almost better than 2 regular ones! For us, it was not a real issue and we found this was a funny experience! In addition, Veronica was very helpful when we needed help or more explanations on how to handle the RV at the beginning of our stay. In addition she left us good snacks, water and instant coffee. Last but not least, you will always find something new in the RV such as board games (we had lots of fun with the "Uno")...Thank you Veronica.
Heuy has a well maintained interior, with everything you need for an adventure overnight in the San Francisco Bay area. He is a 1970s vehicle with a dash of retro style, though lacking rear restraints makes him less ideal for a four-person road trip, as things do get windy and hilly in most directions. However the reward is being able to get out into the great outdoors with all the catering gear you need, a good stock of condiments and sundries. Huey is a cosy base from which to enjoy life, be it the beach or the redwoods.
We enjoyed staying in the RV. We used it to camp out in the city for a weekend trip. Veronica was an extremely helpful host, answering all of my (numerous and probably annoying) questions before we booked and being available to assist us during our stay. There were four of us so it was definitely cozy. The beds were more spacious than we expected but, with that many people, there's not a lot of room to maneuver. If you're thinking of staying with the RV I think it's more suited to going out to a national or state park than staying in the city but it worked for us. Also keep in mind that it's an RV so the amenities are limited - there is a shower and electricity but it's not going to be as plush as a hotel.
Great Great Great! Thanks Veronica for an excellent experience. You were super helpful throughout the whole rental! To all renters out there, I highly recommend you rent from Veronica!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.