About this listing
This is a classic and cozy 20' motorhome. Large enough to sleep and small enough to have parked in town! This is for the bohemian inside. It has a 4 burner propane stove, bathroom with hot shower, propane space heater, two full beds and a single. It's a really great use of space! You can park it anywhere you'd park a car (driveway, city street, some parking lots).
NOTE: THIS IS FOR STATIONARY USE ONLY. NO DRIVING.
If you're in town for a game, stay at Candlestick Park RV park. If you want to see the Redwoods, stay in Marin County. You may arrange for a stationary rv park location in the bay area. What are you waiting for? Adventure Awaits.
Please also read the house rules for general information about renting the RV!
If you plan to stay in the Bay Area this is a great alternative to things as usual. This RV fits in any standard uncovered parking space.
Bedding, dishes, pots & pans are included.
For stationary use the regular rental fee will cover up to one (1) vehicle move including tank cleanout/refill per week (Sunday- Saturday). Additional moves or cleanouts will be charged $10 or $15, respectively per occurrence.
Cleaning Fee includes linens, general vehicle cleaning and stock. Dishes or other maid service will require additional charges. Please ask for more detail, if you require.
Replacement fees will be charged for items missing or broken. Reasonable use is acceptable.
Late check-outs are subject to extra fees. This is usually avoided through timely communication.
A lost key fee of $50.00 will be charged if the RV key is not returned at time of Check-out.
This was my first time staying in an RV and it was a great experience. Veronica was a great host and took her time to explain how to use the RV. I am a big tall guy and the beds comfy; overall the RV was terrific experience!
This RV was awesome, highly recommended. Veronica was very friendly and gave us a good run down of how to use the RV. The beds were comfortable and warm.
Veronica also chose a perfect spot to park the RV for us!
Veronica was a great and accomodating host! The RV was very comfortable and was equipped with all the essentials which included: a refrigerator, hot showeres, a battery to charge elctronics (I even was parked near a cafe which had WiFi!), and even some snacks in case you forgot yo bring your own. If you're staying for a long time make sure you contact Veronica early in the day if you need anything. It was also minutes away from my work which made the experience even more enjoyable.
The RV is old, but I think that just adds to the experience. It was very comfortable and a great conversation starter. Veronica was very accommodating. A great experience.
Awesome place! Dream mobile that can go where is most convenient for you! Veronica was SO GREAT! Highly recommended to the adventurous traveler!
The RV is great for staying at an unusual location: we for instance had Veronica park it at Ocean Beach where we stayed for 3 nights. However, you need to plan in some time to first figure out the controls for gas and water. Otherwise no shower or fridge. Can recommend it - but be aware that it's less comfortable than a hotel room...
I would not repeat this experience. I was single and staying in the RV for 30 days, here are things I noticed, first the good ones:
- there is a lot of space for a single person
- the table is big
- the bed is big and really nice
- the RV was in a great location
- the host is a friendly person
Here are the things I did not like:
- water is limited and not sufficient to last a week for one person (with showers). Veronica recharges weekly, and could not charge water 2 times a week. This was not mentioned in the description and is disappointing. This was a biggest problem for me.
- there is no AC electricity. I thought there would be some kind of strong internal batteries for this type of vehicle but nop. The only way you can get AC is via adapter that runs when the vehicle is turned on. I could not get my hair dryer run on this because of low power.
- the only reliable light source is propane lamp. Internal lights spend a car battery. If car battery drains, RV cannot be turned on. The advice from the host is to only use electric lamps when the RV is turned on. The host does provide external lamps that run on rechargeable batteries.
- RV maintenance - it has to be turned on (by you - guest) each day for 15 minutes to recharge car battery. That way it will not drain on itself. Not a biggie, but a thing you have to keep in mind and do.
- main doors to the RV are not usable. I think the lock is broken and that is the reason why the doors have to be jammed all the time. Instead of this, you have to use car doors which are not as nice.
- there is a decent size fridge, but it does not work. The host could not get it working for me.
- RV cannot be in one place but has to be re-parked every week to the other side of the street or to other block.
Unfortunately, none of the above problems were written in the description when I reserved it.
Electricity and water problems are definitely not up to AirBnb standards.
The main problem for me was lack of water - I could not get regular showers! In the end I bought a nearby gym membership (additional cost $75) and showered there. I also raised a complaint to AirBnB for this and luckily they reimbursed this cost for me.
Even though the cost of the RV was a bit lower, I would not repeat this experience because there are too many downsides that were not in the description.
This host has 11 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Veronica
I'm originally from NYC and moved to the Bay Area for college. Never left! I'm interested in engineering, technology; love singing (and karaoke!), and outdoorsy stuff. I used airbnb in Rome and Paris January 2011 and had a blast meeting new folks.