About this listing
Down to earth hosts, cozy, clean, comfy, boho Bed+Breakfast. Short walk to Beach/boardwalk, famous canals, Abbot Kinney, restaurants and shops. We have 4 rooms for rent in our home-- we live here with our 2 sweet cats-- they are not allowed in rooms.
THE TRAVELER'S ROOM
We invite you to check out our first bnb room. The Traveler's Room. It is a Nautical and Travel Themed room. Normally set up with a comfortable king size bed. If you need 2 beds, we can set it up for you as two separate twin size beds, you just need to make the request in a message, when you make your reservation. Note that the bathroom, located across from this room is shared.
ABOUT OUR VENICE BEACH HOME
We own an eclectic beach house designed like a New England cottage and located on a quite, peaceful and safe street, literally surrounded by the some of the best things LA has to offer.
Our unique and comfortable home is a u-shaped 1900 square foot villa with separate front and back homes connected by a large hallway/library. The home nestles around a large and sunny patio deck and garden. Our love of travel, art and life in general is expressed in our interior design.
We love to travel and when we do, we love to stay in B & Bs. We will strive to make your stay as pleasant as possible, based on our own experience. We have had many extremely satisfied guests/friends from around the globe and they have inspired us to share our home with other travelers.
We look forward to the opportunity to help you have the best stay ever in LA/Venice!
Guests have access to:
•The Traveler's Room
•The Front Guest Bathroom
•The Living Room (fireplace, Large flat screen TV)
•The Garden dining area at breakfast time
•The Kitchen dining area at breakfast time
Interaction with Guests
We enjoy chatting with guests. We also like helping them out with travel plans. But if you do not need or want to chat about travel plans or anything else we will respect that. We expect guests to respect us and our privacy as well.
LOCATION, LOCATION, LOCATION!
We are situated in what we think is the absolute best part of Los Angeles. PERIOD! We are in the most walkable, lovable, beautiful, convenient, interesting, bohemian and fun part of LA.
Our neighborhood, called Washington Square, is loved by locals and visitors alike. Just four short blocks to the ocean and the world famous Venice Beach boardwalk. The historic/gorgeous Venice Canals are two blocks north of us. The most popular street in Venice, Abbot Kinney is five blocks east of us. The Marina Del Rey Harbor is only two blocks south.
WITHIN WALKING DISTANCE
• 4 short blocks to the beach, 10 minutes walk (0.4 mile)
• 5 minutes to the beautiful and historic Venice canals (0.2 mile)
• Around 15 minutes to the heart of the famous Venice Beach Boardwalk (.08 mile)
• 5 minutes to more then 20 different restaurants (something for everyone. We will gladly recommend one to suit you)
• 10 minutes to the gorgeous Marina del Rey yacht harbor, water sports and restaurants
• 12 minutes to Abbot Kinney Blvd. (very hip artist galleries, boutique furniture, antique shops and jewelry shops--restaurants, bars and coffee houses) (0.6 mile)
• 10 minute walk to the Friday Venice Farmers Market.
• 28 minute walk/5 minute drive to Main Street Venice/Santa Monica, shopping and dining.
• 2 minutes walk to bus stop @ Washington and Via Marina
• 15 minute drive to airport (LAX)
• 15 minutes to a hike in the Santa Monica Mountains
• 20 minutes to Malibu
• 20 minutes to Getty Museum
• 20 minutes to Mulholland Drive
•The Culver bus stop 3 minutes away on Washington Street.
•The Santa Monica Blue Bus stop is about 1/2 miles away.
Other Things to Note
ABOUT OUR ANIMALS
We have Cats (See photos). They spend a lot of time outside sunning themselves on the patio deck. Though they are not allowed in your room-- nonetheless, we do not recommend that you stay with us if you are highly allergic to cats. We love animals, but we do not think ours would welcome yours, so no pets please. ;)
THIS IS WHAT WE HAVE FOR YOU...
• Extended continental breakfast
• Parking in our driveway this is a BIG plus in this area, where parking can be impossible on a nice sunny day. (We have a lot of sunshine)!
• 42" flat screen (in shared living room)
• Soft high thread count sheets and pillow cases
• Filtered water in your room
• Ask for an Ice bucket. We may have enough ice in stock--or you can get ice at the local market-- 5 min walk.
• A cooler in room (to use to store food, we have blue ice for your use)
• Hooks for hanging things
• Shampoo/soaps/bath towels/wash cloths
• Bathtub and shower
• Hair dryer
• Beach towels
• Beach chairs
• Shared ipad is available for use in Kitchen
• Huge gourmet kitchen (for breakfast)
• Large patio garden off of kitchen (for breakfast)
• Library of books to borrow
• Library of movies and CD's to enjoy while staying
• Tuns of Travel books and brochures
A LITTLE SOMETHING EXTRA...
The following additional luxuries may be available at the time of your stay.
Please pay in advance to reserve
• Beach cruisers with lock, helmet, light. Cost for each bike per day day is what most places ask for an hour of rental time.
• Drop off at LAX, depending on scheduale at a discount.
• We will wash dry and fold a load of laundry (we use natural soaps)-for a lot less time, money and hassle than any laundry facilities around here.
• RULE NUMBER ONE--
Have a wonderful stay in Venice Beach!
READ OUR LISTINGS CAREFULLY
• If you read our listings carefully before you book, you are likely to have a great stay. We want you to choose the room that fits you the best (we have 4 in our home). Guest's who understand the listing have the most wonderful experiences.
PLEASE READ HOUSE MANUAL
• If you read the manual after you book, It will help make your stay easier and more pleasant. We think it contains lots of useful information. There will be a quiz in the morning. Just Joking. :)
• 9:00-10:30AM (except Garden Cabana guests)
• We love all sorts of animals, but our cats don't.
Please don't bring your pets.
• No Smoking inside the house or on the back garden deck please. Smoking is permitted in the front yard only. Please make sure windows and doors to living room are closed at time of smoking, so as not to get smoke inside house
• For your safety and ours we have provided flameless candles.
No flames please.
NO UNINVITED GUESTS PLEASE
• Out of respect to your fellow guests, and our home, Peaceful Paradise is open only to guests who have a reservation with us.