About This Listing
Cosy and lightful flat sited in the oldest area of Lisbon, Alfama. An amazingly romantic place, perfect for a couple, with a wonderful river view, quietly located on the 4th floor, the top roof of an old building.
Cosy and lightful flat sited in the oldest area of Lisbon, Alfama. An amazingly romantic place with a wonderful river view, located on the 4th floor of a very old building that, apparently, used to be a convent - I still have no confirmation of this fact, but let's believe that it used to be a beautiful convent ;)
The flat has one bedroom, one bathroom and one living room with kitchenette. It has been redecorated with reused materials and some second hand furniture. The house it’s ideal for two, with a double bed (2,0m x 1,6m) in the bedroom.
As the major part of Alfama's buildings, it has no elevator and you have to climb the stairs until the 4th floor.
(this is due the fact of this area being very old and its buildings, most of them with centuries, have no conditions in their old construction to have an elevator)
On your disposal in the flat, you'll have:
- Bedding and towels;
- Small Hair dryer;
- Washing machine;
- Fridge (usually with a surprise for you inside)
- Pans and pots;
- Electric stove;
- Water boiler and some other cooking utensils!
You will be right in the middle of one the famous places to visit in Lisbon, and 5 minutes walking distance from the Feira da Ladra (flea market), many churches (Igreja de Sto Estevão, Igreja de São Vicente and Igreja de S. Miguel), the Panteão Nacional, Fado Museum (fado music is now Unesco patrimony!) and lots of fabulous viewpoints and gardens.
From the flat, you'll be also very close to (about 5 minutes walking):
- Santa Apolónia Station: where you can find the main public transport, like bus, train and metro (also, for example, the night train for Madrid!!);
- Escolas Gerais or Rua da Voz do Operário (closest streets where the famous tram 28 stops).
To get to the flat from the airport, you can:
- Take a taxi (about 20min drive);
- Take a metro to Santa Apolónia station (about 40 min ride)
Alfama has the most famous Fado restaurants in the city, where you can hear people singing and you can eat delicious Portuguese dishes. In the neighbourhood you can also find pubs and the famous club, Lux.
If you need further information, please don't hesitate in contacting me! I'll be glad to help you! :)
- Check-in and check-out hours are flexible, except when I have guests leaving in the day of your arrival or arriving on the day of your departure. In that cases, check-out hour will be until 12.00 and check-in after 14.00. (of course that I'll manage things differently if guests arrive at night and/or guests leave early in the morning...)
- After your reservation being accepted, I'll send you an email explaining how to get to my place with full address, my mobile, map to get to my place from the station, public transportation, etc.
- The apartment, as it says in the listing description, is in an old building (almost every houses in Alfama are inside old buildings!), its stairs and floor are made of wood, so I ask you to have atention to the noise you do at night.
- For your and our neighbours security, please make sure that you close downstairs door whenever you enter or leave the building;
- Please do not put any paper or towels in the toilet. Use the small trash can that it is on its side. The building is very old and you or our neighbors don't need toilets clogged;
- Please don't smoke inside the flat!
- After 7pm (except on Sundays and holidays), you can leave the garbage, inside a bag, in the street, outside the building, next to the main's door. In old neighbourhoods as Alfama, is how it works. For recycle, please put all the recyclable things (plastic, paper, metal, glass...) inside a separate bag from the regular garbage and I'll take care of it for you.
- For short stays, I don't need you to put garbage in the street. I just ask you to leave it inside the bin in a closed bag.
- When leaving the apartment, I advice you to leave the windows closed.
- Please don't forget also to disconnect any heater or other electric appliances (except the refrigerator, of course!) when you get out to do your tourist stuff ;)
- More than an host, I want to help you to have a great time in Lisbon, so I'm completely available to help you before and during your stay, trying to answer you to all of your questions and to give you the best tips ;)
- Ah, and remember: I live in the same building, so I'll be close for any little help :)
Cristina welcomed us exuberantly and allowed us in earlier that the posted. Apartment was as listed with a cool breeze and great view over the riverfront. It was very well equipped, bed was very comfortable, location was fantastic for exploring Alfama. Cristina is a lovely host and we would heartily recommend her place to anyone and hope to return some day.
We had a perfect stay at Cristina's appartement. The view is beautiful and the appartement cute and confy with a great location in Alfama (very typical).
Cristina is a very welcoming and lovely host : always available and very friendly. It was nice to talk with her and she also welcome us with strawberries and bottle of wine :).
We definitly recommend her nice appartment.
Thanks again Cristina
Accueil chaleureux de Cristina qui nous a fourni toutes les indications pour rejoindre rapidement son appartement depuis l'aeroport. Proche gare/station Apolonia: pratique. Appartement typique au coeur du quartier pittoresque d'Amalfa avec belle vue sur le Tage (4 étages à monter à pied). Calme et agréable. Appartement bien équipé.
Nice cosy apartment with a spectacular view at the Tejo in the heart of the Alfama!
Cristina is a great host. Very kind and has always been very helpful. Thanks a lot for some perfect days in Lisbon!
It was simply perfect !! Cristina is " a real host " . her appartement is clean ,quiet and very well located. She is helpful and nice :) I do recommend her home for a pleasant stay in the old Lisbon. Thanks a lot Cristina and hope to see you again
petit appart au 4ème étage, au ceour de l'Alfama: vue superbe; quartier sympa avec restau recommandé au pied (N°18); commerçants qui se connaissent tous... Cristina vous accueille et vous conseille sur les environs.
Cristina nous a réservé un accueil très chaleureux, à l'image de son appartement situé idéalement dans le quartier le plus ancien et le plus pittoresque de Lisbonne.
Nous conseillons fortement cette adresse à ceux qui souhaitent s'imprégner de la vie Lisboète.
This host has 136 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Cristina
I'm Cristina and I live in Alfama: Lisbon's oldest and most typical neighbourhood. For me, doing Airbnb is like a "three in one": I share the pleasure of living in beautiful Alfama, I meet great people and I earn money to pay my bills.
I love to read, to write and to listen music. I miss my dog and I love my cat. I love Lisbon and the secrets that the city reveals to me, in every walk, in every talk, in every look.
Are you tired and dont want to walk to much to find a place to drink a mojito or a nice glass of wine? You just need to walk a few steps to find Noitibó ;) Its a friendly and nice bar.Lisbon 1100-616
Do you like good pizza? Primo Basilico is very near from our place, so it will be easy to taste good pizza in Lisbon ;)Rua dos Remédios Lisbon Lisbon District 1100-441
My favourite restaurant in Alfama!! Its very modest place with the best codfish dishes that you can ever taste in Lisbon! Youll have to wait for your food but you wont regret the time spent! ;)Beco do Espírito Santo Lisboa Lisboa 1100
Is the place where some of the greatest portugueses are buried, as presidents, writers and even a fado singer: Amália Rodrigues! Its terrace is gorgeous and has got a breathless view!Campo de Santa Clara Lisbon 1100-471
The famous Lisbons flea market! Every tuesday and saturday, dont miss the chance of visiting it!! There, you can find handicraft, second hand articles, music, etc.Campo de Santa Clara Lisboa 1100365
A good place to have a coffee - or even a brunch - in its esplanade, in front of the the river. It is also a gourmet shop, a good alternative to the touristic gift shops.Av. Infante D. Henrique, Lisbon 1900-264
Its a jazz club, where you can hear some great musicians and have a drink or a meal for a reasonable price. Its very nice place, dont miss the chance if you like jazz.Arco de Jesus Lisbon Lisbon 1100-033
Wonderful shop with wonderful handicraft and design articles. If youre looking for special souvenirs, Nobre Povo is the right place! In my opinion, the best shop in Lisbon!Rua Bartolomeu de Gusmão Lisbon Lisbon District 1100-078
If you like to dance all night long, Lux is the place! Good electronic music, two dance floor, a terrace... Lux is a trendy place to find next to the Tagus river and for sure the best club in Lisbon.Av. Infante D. Henrique Lisboa 1950-376
Indian food in its best in a simple restaurant with good and fast service! Cheap and tasty, inside Graça neighbourhood, about 15 minutes walking from my place. My last and tasty discover! ;)Travessa do Monte Lisbon
One of my favourites restaurants: the italian style cuisine is very tasty, the decoration is very funny, the service is friendly and it is very cheap! You can eat a pasta for less than €6.Rua Farinhas Lisbon District 1100
It is the multicultural and ethnical center of Lisbon. You can find shops from people of different countries: India, Morocco, China, Pakistan and so on! You can buy incense, tea, and exotic goods.
It is a wonderful retro shop, where you can buy vintage clothes and articles. But, you can also have a nice coffee here, or even eat a delicious cake, inside of this curious place or in its esplanade.Rua da Assunção Lisboa 1100-44
Do you like kitsch articles and funny things? Capitão Lisboa is your kind of shop... and mine! ;)Rua de São Nicolau Lisboa 1100-547
Above the railroad and with a nice river view, its a club where you can dance or even see concerts. But is also a nice place to have a drink in its terrace after a busy day, looking at the sunset.Rua de Santa Apolónia Lisboa 1100-468
My favourite church in Lisbon! Its so different and beautiful! This church was kept exactly as it was after a big fire, having just been rebuilt its roof. Amazing.
Ginjinha is a tasty cherry liquor and Ginjinha do Rossio is the oldest and best place to taste it... and repeat it! Cheers! :)Largo de São Domingos Lisbon Lisbon 1100
My favourite restaurant in Bairro Alto: cheap, friendly, youll find simple tasty dishes (meat or fish) always accompanied by fried potatoes and rice. Dont miss the bolo de bolacha (cookie cake).Rua da Barroca Lisbon 1200