Cosy and lightful flat sited in the oldest area of Lisbon, Alfama. An amazingly romantic place, perfect for a couple, with a wonderful river view, quietly located on the 4th floor, the top roof of an old building.
Cosy and lightful flat sited in the oldest area of Lisbon, Alfama. An amazingly romantic place with a wonderful river view, located on the 4th floor of a very old building that, apparently, used to be a convent - I still have no confirmation of this fact, but let's believe that it used to be a beautiful convent ;)
The flat has one bedroom, one bathroom and one living room with kitchenette. It has been redecorated with reused materials and some second hand furniture. The house it’s ideal for two, with a double bed (2,0m x 1,6m) in the bedroom.
As the major part of Alfama's buildings, it has no elevator and you have to climb the stairs until the 4th floor.
(this is due the fact of this area being very old and its buildings, most of them with centuries, have no conditions in their old construction to have an elevator)
On your disposal in the flat, you'll have:
- Bedding and towels;
- Small Hair dryer;
- Washing machine;
- Fridge (usually with a surprise for you inside)
- Pans and pots;
- Electric stove;
- Water boiler and some other cooking utensils!
You will be right in the middle of one the famous places to visit in Lisbon, and 5 minutes walking distance from the Feira da Ladra (flea market), many churches (Igreja de Sto Estevão, Igreja de São Vicente and Igreja de S. Miguel), the Panteão Nacional, Fado Museum (fado music is now Unesco patrimony!) and lots of fabulous viewpoints and gardens.
From the flat, you'll be also very close to (about 5 minutes walking):
- Santa Apolónia Station: where you can find the main public transport, like bus, train and metro (also, for example, the night train for Madrid!!);
- Escolas Gerais or Rua da Voz do Operário (closest streets where the famous tram 28 stops).
To get to the flat from the airport, you can:
- Take a taxi (about 20min drive);
- Take a metro to Santa Apolónia station (about 40 min ride)
Alfama has the most famous Fado restaurants in the city, where you can hear people singing and you can eat delicious Portuguese dishes. In the neighbourhood you can also find pubs and the famous club, Lux.
If you need further information, please don't hesitate in contacting me! I'll be glad to help you! :)
License or registration number
Learn about this number
- Check-in and check-out hours are flexible, except when I have guests leaving in the day of your arrival or arriving on the day of your departure. In that cases, check-out hour will be until 12.00 and check-in after 14.00. (of course that I'll manage things differently if guests arrive at night and/or guests leave early in the morning...)
- As per portuguese authorities rules, you'll have to provide me your passport/ID card details, as full name, date of birth, nationality, etc, until your arrival day;
- The apartment, as it says in the listing description, is in an old building (almost every houses in Alfama are inside old buildings!), its stairs and floor are made of wood, so I ask you to have atention to the noise you do.
- For your and our neighbours security, please make sure that you close downstairs door whenever you enter or leave the building;
- Don't put any paper or towels in the toilet. Use the small trash can that it is on its side;
- Don't smoke inside the flat!
- Garbage: After 7pm (except on Sundays and holidays), leave the garbage in the street, next to the building's door.
- Glass recycling: you have a glass container in the street, next to the park.
- Other recyclable items (plastic, paper, metal, ...) put inside a bag and leave it in the flat.
- Please don't forget also to disconnect any heater or other electric appliances (except the refrigerator, of course!) when you get out to do your tourist stuff ;)
- No parties allowed.
This host has 238 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I'm Cristina and I live in Alfama: Lisbon's oldest and most typical neighbourhood. For me, doing Airbnb is like a "three in one": I share the pleasure of living in beautiful Alfama, I meet great people and I earn money to pay my bills.
I love to read, to write and to listen music. I miss my dog and I love my cat. I love Lisbon and the secrets that the city reveals to me, in every walk, in every talk, in every look.