About this listing
Cosy and lightful flat sited in the oldest area of Lisbon, Alfama. An amazingly romantic place, perfect for a couple, with a wonderful river view, quietly located on the 4th floor, the top roof of an old building.
Cosy and lightful flat sited in the oldest area of Lisbon, Alfama. An amazingly romantic place with a wonderful river view, located on the 4th floor of a very old building that, apparently, used to be a convent - I still have no confirmation of this fact, but let's believe that it used to be a beautiful convent ;)
The flat has one bedroom, one bathroom and one living room with kitchenette. It has been redecorated with reused materials and some second hand furniture. The house it’s ideal for two, with a double bed (2,0m x 1,6m) in the bedroom.
As the major part of Alfama's buildings, it has no elevator and you have to climb the stairs until the 4th floor.
(this is due the fact of this area being very old and its buildings, most of them with centuries, have no conditions in their old construction to have an elevator)
On your disposal in the flat, you'll have:
- Bedding and towels;
- Small Hair dryer;
- Washing machine;
- Fridge (usually with a surprise for you inside)
- Pans and pots;
- Electric stove;
- Water boiler and some other cooking utensils!
You will be right in the middle of one the famous places to visit in Lisbon, and 5 minutes walking distance from the Feira da Ladra (flea market), many churches (Igreja de Sto Estevão, Igreja de São Vicente and Igreja de S. Miguel), the Panteão Nacional, Fado Museum (fado music is now Unesco patrimony!) and lots of fabulous viewpoints and gardens.
From the flat, you'll be also very close to (about 5 minutes walking):
- Santa Apolónia Station: where you can find the main public transport, like bus, train and metro (also, for example, the night train for Madrid!!);
- Escolas Gerais or Rua da Voz do Operário (closest streets where the famous tram 28 stops).
To get to the flat from the airport, you can:
- Take a taxi (about 20min drive);
- Take a metro to Santa Apolónia station (about 40 min ride)
Alfama has the most famous Fado restaurants in the city, where you can hear people singing and you can eat delicious Portuguese dishes. In the neighbourhood you can also find pubs and the famous club, Lux.
If you need further information, please don't hesitate in contacting me! I'll be glad to help you! :)
- Check-in and check-out hours are flexible, except when I have guests leaving in the day of your arrival or arriving on the day of your departure. In that cases, check-out hour will be until 12.00 and check-in after 14.00. (of course that I'll manage things differently if guests arrive at night and/or guests leave early in the morning...)
- After your reservation being accepted, I'll send you an email explaining how to get to my place with full address, my mobile, map to get to my place from the station, public transportation, etc.
- The apartment, as it says in the listing description, is in an old building (almost every houses in Alfama are inside old buildings!), its stairs and floor are made of wood, so I ask you to have atention to the noise you do at night.
- For your and our neighbours security, please make sure that you close downstairs door whenever you enter or leave the building;
- Please do not put any paper or towels in the toilet. Use the small trash can that it is on its side. The building is very old and you or our neighbors don't need toilets clogged;
- Please don't smoke inside the flat!
- After 7pm (except on Sundays and holidays), you can leave the garbage, inside a bag, in the street, outside the building, next to the main's door. In old neighbourhoods as Alfama, is how it works. For recycle, please put all the recyclable things (plastic, paper, metal, glass...) inside a separate bag from the regular garbage and I'll take care of it for you.
- For short stays, I don't need you to put garbage in the street. I just ask you to leave it inside the bin in a closed bag.
- When leaving the apartment, I advice you to leave the windows closed.
- Please don't forget also to disconnect any heater or other electric appliances (except the refrigerator, of course!) when you get out to do your tourist stuff ;)
- More than an host, I want to help you to have a great time in Lisbon, so I'm completely available to help you before and during your stay, trying to answer you to all of your questions and to give you the best tips ;)
- Ah, and remember: I live in the same building, so I'll be close for any little help :)
Cristina's apartment is really nice. It is located in Alfama which is a lively neighbourhood, very characteristic and authentic and it is not too far from the centre, even by foot (like 15 min to get to Rossio on foot).
Since Alfama is on a hill basically, staying there means climbing up and down of stairs and streets, if you're healthy, it's nice. The apartment is at the top of a palace (5th level, no lift) and it has got a wonderful view on the river and on the roofs of other houses. You can stay at the window all night watching the panorama. Cristina is a very nice host, she provides everything you need and more, she keeps her apartment very clean and lovely. You've got a very nice bedroom, kitchen with sofa and you can eat watching Alfama's view and a very nice bathroom. I suggest staying there above all if you are going to spend some days in Lisbon.
We had an amazing time in Lisbon staying in a warm, bright and fun apartment, very comfortable. Six days were not enough time to take in all the sights of Lisbon and the surrounding areas.
The apartment is in a fantastic location from which to access the city; nestled in a hub of rich culture, music, romantic winding streets with wonderful alleyways full of cafes and restaurants. The view to the river from the kitchen overlooking the district was a gem.
Our host Cristina was beyond exceptional, we cannot say enough more to recommend a visit, we would come back sooner from Australia if it was close.
Kelly and Neil
The flat was wonderful. We had an amazing view and the best breakfast place you could have. Cristina was very friendly and gave us every information we needed. She discribed the way to her flat very easy and exact, so that there was no problem to find it. We would stay at her place again when we would come to Lissabon again :) Thank you Cristina!
Une vue magnifique en effet sur le fleuve et un appartement lumineux ! L'appartement possède tout le confort nécessaire, fonctionnel et propre, est très calme avec une position idéale au cœur de l'Alfama. Cristina est une hôte très attentionnée et disponible, cela a été un plaisir de faire sa connaissance. Nous recommandons cette location !
Cristina has been amazing. Everything since I booked was perfect. The directions to find the apartment, the tips and the check-in was very smooth. She is an awesome host and I would recommend her to anyone going to Lisboa.
Avons reçu un accueil très chaleureux de la part de Cristina qui s'est montré disponible tout au long de notre séjour. Son appartement, situé dans un quartier calme, est très cosy et fonctionnel avec une vue sur le Tage vraiment superbe. Nous vous conseillons cette adresse. Merci Cristina !
Sehr nette Wohnung im Herzen von Lissabon. Umgeben von all den kleinen Gassen und Straßen liegt die Wohnung optimal um Lissabon zu genießen.
Kristina ist eine sehr nette Gastgeberin , die sich sehr um die Wohnung und Gäste kümmert. Man kann sich immer bei Fragen an Kristina wenden und sie versucht immer einem zu helfen. Durch diese hilfsbereite, nette und offene Gastgeberin und die sehr gut gelegende Wohnung mit Meerblick kann man seinen Aufenthalt in Lissabon Voll und Ganz genießen.
This host has 148 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Cristina
I'm Cristina and I live in Alfama: Lisbon's oldest and most typical neighbourhood. For me, doing Airbnb is like a "three in one": I share the pleasure of living in beautiful Alfama, I meet great people and I earn money to pay my bills.
I love to read, to write and to listen music. I miss my dog and I love my cat. I love Lisbon and the secrets that the city reveals to me, in every walk, in every talk, in every look.