About this listing
Cosy and lightful flat sited in the oldest area of Lisbon, Alfama. An amazingly romantic place, perfect for a couple, with a wonderful river view, quietly located on the 4th floor, the top roof of an old building.
Cosy and lightful flat sited in the oldest area of Lisbon, Alfama. An amazingly romantic place with a wonderful river view, located on the 4th floor of a very old building that, apparently, used to be a convent - I still have no confirmation of this fact, but let's believe that it used to be a beautiful convent ;)
The flat has one bedroom, one bathroom and one living room with kitchenette. It has been redecorated with reused materials and some second hand furniture. The house it's ideal for two, with a double bed (2,0m x 1,6m) in the bedroom.
As the major part of Alfama's buildings, it has no elevator and you have to climb the stairs until the 4th floor.
(this is due the fact of this area being very old and its buildings, most of them with centuries, have no conditions in their old construction to have an elevator)
On your disposal in the flat, you'll have:
- Bedding and towels;
- Small Hair dryer;
- Washing machine;
- Fridge (usually with a surprise for you inside)
- Pans and pots;
- Electric stove;
- Water boiler and some other cooking utensils!
You will be right in the middle of one the famous places to visit in Lisbon, and 5 minutes walking distance from the Feira da Ladra (flea market), many churches (Igreja de Sto Estevão, Igreja de São Vicente and Igreja de S. Miguel), the Panteão Nacional, Fado Museum (fado music is now Unesco patrimony!) and lots of fabulous viewpoints and gardens.
From the flat, you'll be also very close to (about 5 minutes walking):
- Santa Apolónia Station: where you can find the main public transport, like bus, train and metro (also, for example, the night train for Madrid!!);
- Escolas Gerais or Rua da Voz do Operário (closest streets where the famous tram 28 stops).
To get to the flat from the airport, you can:
- Take a taxi (about 20min drive);
- Take a metro to Santa Apolónia station (about 40 min ride)
Alfama has the most famous Fado restaurants in the city, where you can hear people singing and you can eat delicious Portuguese dishes. In the neighbourhood you can also find pubs and the famous club, Lux.
If you need further information, please don't hesitate in contacting me! I'll be glad to help you! :)
- Check-in and check-out hours are flexible, except when I have guests leaving in the day of your arrival or arriving on the day of your departure. In that cases, check-out hour will be until 12.00 and check-in after 14.00. (of course that I'll manage things differently if guests arrive at night and/or guests leave early in the morning...)
- After your reservation being accepted, I'll send you an email explaining how to get to my place with full address, my mobile, map to get to my place from the station, public transportation, etc.
- The apartment, as it says in the listing description, is in an old building (almost every houses in Alfama are inside old buildings!), its stairs and floor are made of wood, so I ask you to have atention to the noise you do at night.
- For your and our neighbours security, please make sure that you close downstairs door whenever you enter or leave the building;
- Please do not put any paper or towels in the toilet. Use the small trash can that it is on its side. The building is very old and you or our neighbors don't need toilets clogged;
- Please don't smoke inside the flat!
- After 7pm (except on Sundays and holidays), you can leave the garbage, inside a bag, in the street, outside the building, next to the main's door. In old neighbourhoods as Alfama, is how it works. For recycle, please put all the recyclable things (plastic, paper, metal, glass...) inside a separate bag from the regular garbage and I'll take care of it for you.
- For short stays, I don't need you to put garbage in the street. I just ask you to leave it inside the bin in a closed bag.
- When leaving the apartment, I advice you to leave the windows closed.
- Please don't forget also to disconnect any heater or other electric appliances (except the refrigerator, of course!) when you get out to do your tourist stuff ;)
- More than an host, I want to help you to have a great time in Lisbon, so I'm completely available to help you before and during your stay, trying to answer you to all of your questions and to give you the best tips ;)
- Ah, and remember: I live in the same building, so I'll be close for any little help :)