Welcome to The Lilly Pilly Room
Your Hosts: Daniel, Melanie and Milly the cat
Welcome to The Lilly Pilly Room
Your Hosts: Daniel and Melanie and Milly the Cat
You will find us very reasonably priced when compared to other accommodation options in Adelaide, be they hostels, back packers or hotels. That is because we have both enjoyed wonderful hospitality when travelling overseas and as such we relish and value the opportunity that the worldwide web has given us to return the favour to others. In our opinion there is nothing like a bit of local knowledge and hospitality to make your travels truly memorable. That is why during your stay you will receive every morning a free continental breakfast and our kitchen is available for you to use to prepare other meals.
Adelaide is a lovely city that offers a lot to the discerning traveller with its great food, wine, parks, culture, climate and beaches. It is also the gateway to Australia's premier wine growing regions and to the outback.
And Milly the cat will be more than pleased to introduce you to Adelaide's local cat culture, namely her own.
We are located in a beautiful inner city eastern suburb called Norwood. Our beautiful 1880's stone cottage is a delightful 5 minute walk along tree lined streets to The Parade, one of Adelaide's best entertainment areas. This popular Adelaide destination is packed with cafes, restaurants, pubs, liquor outlets with great wine sections, a movie theater, antique and second hand shops if you love bargain hunting, supermarkets and more. We are an easy 5 minute walk to two different bus routes that take you into the heart of the city within 10 minutes. You will love this area and the ease with which you can access the city.
We also offer
• Safe and secure car or van parking is available outside our home and by car central Adelaide is a simple 10 minute drive from our home. Or on those very late nights you can catch a cab for approximately fifteen dollars from the centre of town to our home.
• Our sun drenched home has a small private deck and garden with a large lilly pilly tree that is home to colorful parrots, if you are lucky you might see some. After an exciting day of exploring, come home, sit back and relax out the back or on the small deck out the front or you might want to stroll up to one of the Parades many cafes and restaurants for a meal and a wine to cap off your day
You will find our cosy home packed with warmth, art, culture and reminders of our travels. If you love travel then talk us because we do too.
• In your room you will find a folder packed with information about our home, facilities, bus timetables and the main attractions and events around Adelaide. If you need to know anything about these attractions, or other things in and around Adelaide please ask us. We have been exploring and are excited to share with you what you can do.We can also help you plan and make the most of time in Australia.
• You will also find a comfy double mattress bed, fresh linen, towels and face cloths. In winter you can warm yourselves up with the heater and extra warm woollen blankets in your room or cool down with the air conditioner in the summer. You will also find, if you need it, a hair dryer and a hair straightener.
• There is plenty of wardrobe and shelf space in the Lilly Pilly Room so you can unpack, unwind and regroup before your next adventure.
• Free Wifi , and we alos have internet access available from the desktop pc in the living room.
• A washing machine and washing powder is available for use and a washing line on which you can dry your clothes and you will share with us a clean and tidy bathroom.
In short we are the perfect location while you explore Adelaide and her surrounding areas, be it Adelaide hills, her wine growing regions or beyond into the desert and the Murray Darling basin.
We look forward to meeting you!
Daniel and Melanie
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$10 / night after the first guest|
|Weekly Price:||$371 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$1590 /month|
|Check In:||12:00 AM (midnight)|
|Check Out:||12:00 AM (midnight)|
That was a really memorable trip for me. Melanie and Daniel treated me as if I was one of their family members. Both of them are extremely kind and hospitable. The location and the situation of the house in all aspects was perfect. Clean,tidy and comfortable. Not only their beautiful house was very close to Adelaide CBD,but the surrounding environment was very quiet and peaceful.
They did everything they could be able to do for me, not limited to tourist affairs. I am sure that God will help them because of the favor that they do for others. Actually words are not able to thank Daniel & Melanie. Only thanks from the bottom of my heart………..I will never forget you Melanie, Daniel and Milly. love love love………..
This was the perfect base for me in Adelaide, Melanie and Daniel were extremely welcoming hosts and I very much enjoyed their company and hospitality. Staying with them I enjoyed a wonderful combination of conviviality and independence. As for the accommodation itself, it is very comfortable and quiet and conveniently located. Highly recommended.
Everything was perfect. They are great hosts. Thanks a lot!
Perfect location, perfect hosts, perfect room.....what more is there? Daniel, Melanie and Milly's home completed our trip to Adelaide. Great hosts, up on local knowledge, so helpful and accommodating and such fun folk. Thank you, I am sure we will be back sometime in the not too distant future. Aroha - Cam and Di
I spent 2 days with Melanie and Daniel and had a lovely time. They are hospitable people and good hosts. Their home is close to CBD (less than 10 minutes) and The Parade (food and shopping). The room is spacious and comfortable. I would highly recommend staying their place.
I stayed with Melanie, Daniel and Milly for just over one month during my visit to Adelaide, my first visit since my last trip with my late wife, just before she died. Although initially it was a very difficult time for me they made me feel like part of their family and helped greatly in coping with difficult past memories. They did everything for me that they could.
The house is in an ideal location for visitors to Adelaide with an excellent local collection of restaurants and shops as well as easy access to the CBD.
Thank you for your wellfare.wellcare..kindness..the meal was so (email hidden) speak together ....to share so many things
Thank you for the hours we have spent togethet..we hope our way will cross one day
You are in our memories. ....for ever
We spent 1 night at Melanie, Daniel and Milly's place and everything was perfect! Melanie and Daniel are very friendly and made us feel right at home.
Melanie & Daniel were great hosts, they gave us a lot of local knowledge and tips of places to go. They were both very friendly and made our stay extremely pleasurable. Would highly recommend.
Melaine and Daniel were lovely, easy going hosts who were incredibly accommodating. Highly recommended :) Thanks guys!
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.