Beautiful cabin in the woods with remodeled kitchen, hot tub and great yard for relaxing. One of the nicest settings at the lake. Beaches and ski resorts are all in close proximity, as well dining and shopping. Come and enjoy!
Beautiful, quiet setting on a half acre lot. The home has been nicely decorated with peeler log accents, updated kitchen and bathrooms and maintained in a "pride of ownership" condition. Outside is a park like setting with flagstone walkways, wrap around decks, a hammock, BBQ patio and a large spa. The horseshoe pit can't be missed! This home is the meaning of "mountain comfort". Come and Enjoy!
Carnelian Bay is situated 1/2 way between Tahoe City and Kings Beach on the beautiful North Shore of Lake Tahoe, just a few minutes to all of the best ski resorts in Lake Tahoe, the beaches and the nightlife at the casinos. Ski at Northstar, Alpine Meadows, Squaw Valley or Homewood just a few miles away.
Bring the bikes, kayaks, sun tan lotion, skis and snowboards and be prepared for a great summer or winter vacation in one of the best cabins at the Lake. If its cold or you want to enjoy a glass of champagne to celebrate, don't forget to take a dip in the hot tub. Enjoy!
WIFI, large screen TV, Blu-Ray DVD Player and IPod stereo for your enjoyment. Additional HDTV in Master BR. Bring the kids, books, bikes and for those that dare, take a drive around the lake or tour parts of the Tahoe Rim Trail.
SUMMER AND WINTER MAY REQUIRE MINIMUM 4 DAY RENTAL. HOLIDAY PERIODS AND SKI WEEK MAY REQUIRE RESERVATIONS FOR UP TO ONE WEEK AT RATES ABOVE NORMAL PERIODS. PLACER COUNTY LEVIES AN ADDITIONAL 10% TRANSIT OCCUPANCY TAX THAT IS COLLECTED SEPARATELY FROM AIRBNB UPON GUEST REGISTRATION. DISCOUNTS MAY BE AVAILABLE FOR BOOKINGS OF 1 WEEK OR LONGER, PLEASE INQUIRE. SEE HOUSE RULES.
Guests have access to the full cabin, hot tub and beautiful grounds and deck for relaxation. In winter we normally store away the patio furniture and BBQ Grill as the grounds will hopefully be covered with snow.
Interaction with guests
We interact with guests as much or as little as needed.
Other things to note
In the winter upon snowfall of 4 inches or more our snow plow service will plow the driveway generally the same day or within 24 hours. This may cause the Guest to have to use the snow shovel provided and shovel around parked vehicles in order to depart or park safely. This is normal and expected for Lake Tahoe residents. Be certain to carry chains and good all-season tires. An AWD/4WD vehicle is preferred in the winter.
Hi - We appreciate all guests being respectful of the property and the neighbors. Please no loud parties and no more than 3 vehicles on the property at any time. Please leave the premises in good order at the conclusion of your rental to ensure Cleaning crew can complete their normal duties and security deposit can be promptly refunded.
Family Friendly - We encourage families to enjoy our cabin however we do require strict supervision of minors, particularly toddlers and infants. The stairs can be hazardous for them and all minors need to be supervised when using the hot tub. Please be careful.
Thanks! Enjoy your vacation!
In general, we require a 4 night minimum reservation. 3-night reservations may be accepted within 2 weeks of the desired check-in date or other special situations. During summer and holidays the minimum rental period requirement can be longer, up to one week.
Rental Agreement and Registration Form
We require all guests to sign and return to us our rental agreement/registration form listing all guests and contact information. These will be emailed to you after you book.
10.0% Placer County Room Tax is NOT INCLUDED when you book through Airbnb. You pay that directly to us by (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN) or check. You will be informed of your tax total after you book. The tax is due after booking.
Tax total is refundable for cancellations with 60-day notice, minus a 10% service fee. After that, refunds will be issued only if house is re-rented.
Rental Rules Overview:
Sorry for the detailed list but a few Guests have unfortunately violated one or more of these rules.
1. This is a NON SMOKING and a NO PETS Property. Sorry no exceptions.
2. MINIMUM AGE - We will not rent to individuals under 25 years of age.
3. QUIET ENJOYMENT- Guests are required to observe regular quiet ours (10pm to 8am). Excessive noise is not allowed at any time. Noise disturbance may result in eviction and/or loss of Security Deposit.
4. Exceeding the MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY (6) is also grounds for eviction and or loss of Security Deposit, without prior written owner approval. When approved for more than 6 Guests, additional fee of $35 per night per additional Guest will be due upon booking.
5. Guest is responsible for replacing or paying for the cost of any missing or damaged items. Damages may be assessed at cost of repairs/replacements of items including service charges, if any.
6. If unit is excessively dirty, guest will be charged an additional cleaning fee at $35/hour.
7. INTERNET USE - Please use professionally and for legal activities only while following all rules of the ISP. Any misuse will result in the loss of your security deposit and possible prosecution by governing authorities.
8. PARKING - Please park in the driveway only, not on the lot. No more than 3 vehicles are allowed on the premises. If your vehicle is leaking oil please park on the street, oil stains may be subject to charges for cleaning. Lack of compliance may result in eviction and/or loss of security deposit.
9. SPA - Please open and close carefully, preferably with 2 people, one on each side. Remove cover and lean it against fence. Upon completion of use please replace cover carefully and securely to limit debris and heat loss. Please do not enter spa with dirty feet, excess ground debris is difficult to remove.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 61 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
My wife Karen and I are now retired and enjoying the Lake Tahoe lifestyle all four seasons. I'm trying to improve my golfing skills while she's an avid hiker and biker. We have three grown sons all pursuing their careers in the SF Bay Area, where all of us grew up. We love to travel in the off seasons and are looking forward to visiting airbnb properties in Europe, South America and Asia the next few years, while keeping our home base here in the Sierras. If we find a better place we'll let you know, but after all these years, Lake Tahoe is tough to beat!
Come to Tahoe, relax and enjoy the finest beauty nature has to offer! If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask and we would be more than happy to point you in the right direction!