Relax in our modern Balinese apartment, surrounded by local cuisines in the heritage areas of Katong/Joo Chiat. Major attractions like Orchard Rd, Sentosa, Chinatown, Zoo, Botanic Gardens are easily accessible via nearby MRT stations & expressways.
Quiet and exclusive landed neighbourhood off Haig Road, in the Katong / Joo Chiat heritage district.
Walking distance to Katong Shopping Centre/I12 Katong Mall/Katong V/Parkway Parade/One Katong Mall and numerous local food, cafés, bars and restaurants.
Direct bus from Changi Airport (bus 36)!
- Queen sized bed and Super single bed (additional mattress can be requested in advance). Master room has attached bathroom.
- Built-in wardrobe in both rooms
- Outdoor chair and table in balcony
- Rain shower in both toilets
- Shower gel and shampoo
- Clean linens, pillows, blankets
- Clean Towels
- Free laundry facilities (Washer, Dryer and detergent)
- Filtered alkaline water (acidic blood levels are believed to be caused by stress, poor diet and lack of exercise)
- Electric kettle
- Induction cooker with frying pan
- Microwave oven
- Utensils and cutlery (including kids utensils)
- Clothes drying rack
- Iron and ironing board
- Ionizing Hair dryer
- High-speed fibre internet access 200mbps
- First aid kit
Families with kids: for bookings of 6 nights minimum, you can request for the second bedroom to be converted to a kids playroom.
Note: Elevator stops at every floor, so guests need not take the stairs. Elderly friendly.
- Swimming pool (on level 1 within apartment compound)
- Free laundry facilities (Washer, Dryer and detergent)
- High-speed fibre internet access (up to 200mbps)
Interaction with Guests
- We will be present at check-in to give a brief orientation.
- We do not stay in the property but can we can be contacted via WhatsApp/Airbnb messages. Upon making a confirmed booking, you can view our contact number. We understand that guests may have questions or need some help to begin their vacation in Singapore.
- Airbnb blocks sharing of contacts before confirmation, including phone numbers, emails & addresses. Guests, kindly do not attempt to share your contact, or arrange viewings before bookings, to avoid Airbnb fees. We are grateful to Airbnb for this chance to list our homes, and believe it's charges are fair and well-deserved.
- Located in a quiet and exclusive landed neighbourhood off Haig Road, in the Katong district
- Walking distance to Katong shopping centre, I12 Katong mall, Katong V, Parkway Parade, and numerous eateries along Mountbatten Road-East Coast Road
- Shop for your groceries conveniently at nearby Giant supermarket (291 Joo Chiat Road - open 24hrs), or various other supermarkets at Katong V, I12 Katong, Parkway Parade etc.
- Explore the Katong/Joo Chiat heritage district, experience the famous local eateries (Katong Laksa, Fei Fei Wanton Mee, Tian Tian chicken rice) and dine at numerous restaurants/cafés.
- Nearest MRT stations are Dakota MRT (CC8) and Paya Lebar MRT (EW8/CC9).
To Dakota MRT: walk to Haig Road/Dunman Road junction (side of Tanjong Katong Secondary Sch), take bus 16 or 33 (2 stops)
To Paya Lebar MRT: walk to Dunman Road/Tanjong Katong Road junction (bus stop after Rose Lane), take bus 43, 76 or 135 (2 stops)
Dakota lies on the Circle Line which passes through several iconic locations:
1. Singapore Sports Hub (Stadium Station)
2. Suntec Convention Halls (Promenade Station)
3. Esplanade Theatres on the Bay (Esplanade Station)
4. Dhoby Ghaut Station: The start of Orchard Road as well as the interchange where you can board other lines to get to the other parts of Singapore
4. Marina Bay Sands (Bayfront Station) (get off at Promenade Station and switch to the Downtown line - 1 stop to Bayfront station)
Paya Lebar lies on the East-West Line which serves the following stations:
1. Changi Airport
2. Raffles Place (The financial district of Singapore)
3. Expo Convention Halls & Changi Biz Park
- Buses near the apartment are well-connected to take you to many places in Singapore:
1. Orchard Road: bus 16
2. Raffles Hotel: bus 16
3. Singapore Sports Hub: bus 16
4. Chinatown: bus 33
5. Changi Airport: bus 36, or TAXI
Other Things to Note
Check-in time: 2:00 PM
Check-out time: 11:00 AM
If you are arriving early or departing late please message us to discuss your needs before placing a booking, to avoid disappointment.
Do produce your identification documents for verification purposes (e.g. Passport with valid entry visa, Work permit, photo identification)
TERMS AND LEGAL NOTES:
- We do not accept any liability for any personal injuries, accidents, or damage/loss to guests personal belongings in the apartment or within the condominium area, however caused. Guests are advised to seek their own travel or other insurance for such coverage.
- We warmly welcome children and families, however we make no guarantee as to the child-safety of properties and disclaim all liability in this regard. Swimming pool does not have a life guard on duty and parents are to ensure proper supervision of their children.
- Bookings are for the number of guests indicated on your booking confirmation, this number includes children.
- No shoes/footwear in the house.
- No pets or smoking in the house.
- Please dispose the trash, and keep the unit clean.
- Please switch off all air-con/lights whenever you leave the house, and we encourage all guests to switch off all electrical appliances when not in use.
- Please remove biodegradable trash immediately after cooking. We do not wish to invite pests into the apartment.
- Please respect the property and neighbors by keeping noise levels down after 11pm.
My husband and I spent an extended holiday at Veils apartment, and it was perfect for us. The area is very quiet, and yet the vibrant and varied night-life and eateries of Katong are only a stones-throw away. The public transport in Singapore is excellent and this means that getting around is no problem at all. Veil and her husband are always available to give advice and answer any queries. All- in- all I recommend this place for short or longer stays.
Veil and Terence are a nice couple. They waited for our arrival in the apt and explained everything we need to know around the apt. The apt is located in a quiet residential area near the Haig walk which is very convenient when you need to catch a bus. Lots of food within walking distance. A good place to stay for 3 adults.
Veil and Terrance are wonderful hosts. They made us feel so welcome and were very helpful and accommodating. The apartment is excellent. It is very clean and modern and so quiet. The furnishings are modern and quirky with some original art. The pool, air-conditioning and wi-fi are extra luxuries.
The Katong area has an abundance of good eateries and is very easy to get around Singapore by bus and from Dakota and Paya Lebar MRT stations. There are three hawker centres within walking distance and a supermarket handy at the corner of Dunman Ave & Joo Chiat Rd.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay and would highly recommend these hosts. Thank you Veil and Terrance.
Nelle and Lisa
Veil and her husband greeted us warmly upon arrival and provided lots of helpful tips and maps for buses MRT, shopping centres etc in the area. The apartment was very clean and tidy and a great location for exploring Singapore. And so close to the great eateries along Katong Rd. The pool downstairs was an added benefit for cool down at the end of the day and the rain show was amazing! I would definitely recommend.
The basics of this apartment are good, leaving aside some issues that I discussed with the host, and one day when we had wifi access problems. If you intend to go into the CBD on bus/MRT during rush hour, leave more time than you think is needed, as many buses are full and just drive right by you ... Basic shopping and decent restaurants are a little bit of a walk away, but it's not a killer distance ... Have suggested a few improvements directly to the host and assuming some of these things are taken care of, this is a decent place to stay.
This host has 1 review for other properties.View Other Reviews
Native of Singapore, I'm a full-time mother of two boys. I enjoy travelling, cruising and trying new foods. I'm happy to meet guests from all over the world, and feel blessed to be able to provide them lodging in our humble homes. Our guests are our friends, we wish to leave them with warm, joyful memories of their stays with us.