About this listing
Relax in our modern Balinese apartment, surrounded by local cuisines in the heritage area of Katong/Joo Chiat. Major attractions like Orchard Rd, Sentosa, Botanic Gardens, Chinatown & Zoo are easily accessible via nearby MRT stations & expressways.
Quiet and exclusive landed neighbourhood off Haig Road, in the Katong / Joo Chiat heritage district.
Walking distance to Katong Shopping Centre/I12 Katong Mall/Katong V/Parkway Parade/One Katong Mall and numerous local food, cafés, bars and restaurants.
Direct bus from Changi Airport (bus 36)!
- Queen sized canopy bed and 2 super single bed. Master bedroom has ensuite bathroom.
- Built-in wardrobe in both rooms, with hangers
- Outdoor furniture on balcony, allows you to soak in the view
- Rain shower in both bathrooms
- Shower foam and shampoo
- Soft linens, pillows, blankets
- Bath Towels
- Free laundry facilities (Washer, Dryer and detergent)
- Filtered alkaline water (acidic blood levels are believed to be caused by stress, poor diet and lack of exercise)
- Electric kettle
- Induction cooker with frying pan and pot
- Microwave oven
- Utensils, cutlery, coffee mugs, wine glasses and kids utensils
- Clothes drying rack
- Iron and ironing board
- Ionizing Hair dryer
- High-speed fibre internet access (up to 200mbps)
- First aid kit
Note: Elevator stops at every floor, so guests need not take the stairs. Elderly friendly.
- Swimming pool (on level 1 within apartment compound)
- Free laundry facilities (Washer, Dryer and detergent)
- Free Unlimited High-speed fibre internet access (up to 200mbps)
Interaction with Guests
- We will be present at check-in to give a brief orientation.
- We do not stay in the property but can we can be contacted via (website hidden)/Airbnb messages. Upon making a confirmed booking, you can view our contact number. We understand that guests may have questions or need some help to begin their vacation in Singapore.
- Located in a quiet and exclusive landed neighbourhood off Haig Road, in the Katong district
- Walking distance to Katong shopping centre, I12 Katong mall, Katong V, Parkway Parade, and numerous eateries along Mountbatten Road-East Coast Road
- Shop for your groceries conveniently at nearby Giant supermarket (291 Joo Chiat Road - open 24hrs), or various other supermarkets at Katong V, I12 Katong, Parkway Parade etc.
- Explore the Katong/Joo Chiat heritage district, experience the famous local eateries (Katong Laksa, Fei Fei Wanton Mee, Tian Tian chicken rice) and dine at numerous restaurants/cafés.
- From Changi Airport, a taxi takes about 20mins/S$14-18 depending on traffic conditions (additional peak surcharges apply during morning, evening & past midnight hours).
- Nearest MRT stations are Dakota MRT (CC8) and Paya Lebar MRT (EW8/CC9).
To Dakota MRT: walk to Haig Road/Dunman Road junction (side of Tanjong Katong Secondary Sch), take bus 16 or 33 (2 stops)
To Paya Lebar MRT: walk to Dunman Road/Tanjong Katong Road junction (bus stop after Rose Lane), take bus 43, 76 or 135 (2 stops)
Dakota lies on the Circle Line which passes through several iconic locations:
1. Singapore Sports Hub (Stadium Station) - 2 stops/4mins
2. Suntec Convention Halls (Promenade Station) - 4 stops/8mins
3. Esplanade Theatres on the Bay (Esplanade Station) - 5 stops/10mins
4. Dhoby Ghaut Station: The start of Orchard Road as well as the interchange where you can board other lines to get to the other parts of Singapore - 7 stops/14mins
5. Marina Bay Sands/Gardens by the Bay (Bayfront Station) (get off at Promenade Station and switch to the Downtown line - 1 stop to Bayfront station)
6. Singapore Botanic Gardens - UNESCO World Heritage site, as of 4 July 2015 (Botanic Gardens Station) - 10 stops/26min
Paya Lebar lies on the East-West Line which serves the following stations:
1. Changi Airport (Take EW line towards Pasir Ris, get off at Tanah Merah and switch to Expo line) - 6 stops/19-21mins
2. Raffles Place (The financial district of Singapore) - 6 stops/11-13mins
3. Bugis Village/Day and Night Bazaar (Bugis MRT) - 4 stops/8mins
4. Chinatown area (Chinese new year Bazaar) (Take EW line towards Joo Koon, get off at Outram and switch to NE line, 1 stop to Chinatown station) - 9 stops/22-24mins
5. Expo Convention Halls & Changi Business Park (Take EW line towards Pasir Ris, get off at Tanah Merah and switch to Expo line) - 5 stops/16-17mins
- Buses near the apartment are well-connected to take you to many places in Singapore:
1. Orchard Road: bus 16
2. Raffles Hotel: bus 16
3. Singapore Sports Hub: bus 16
4. Chinatown: bus 33
5. Changi Airport: bus 36
Planning to visit Legoland/Puteri Harbour/Johor Premium Outlets in Johor? Please view my other listing.
Other Things to Note
1) Check-in and Check-out time:
Check-in time: 2:00 PM
Check-out time: 11:00 AM
If you intend to request for early arrival or late departure, please message us to discuss your needs before placing a booking, to avoid disappointment. We will arrange to the best of the apartment and our availability.
2) Do produce your identification documents for verification purposes (e.g. Passport with valid entry visa, Work permit, photo identification)
3) Lost access card/keys:
Replacement fee of S$70 per set of access card/keys will be charged.
4) Airbnb blocks sharing of contacts before confirmation, including phone numbers, emails & addresses. Guests, kindly do not attempt to share your contact, or arrange viewings before bookings, to avoid Airbnb fees. We are grateful to Airbnb for this chance to list our homes, and believe it's charges are fair and well-deserved.
TERMS AND LEGAL NOTES:
- We do not accept any liability for any personal injuries, accidents, or damage/loss to guests personal belongings in the apartment or within the condominium area, however caused. Guests are advised to seek their own travel or other insurance for such coverage.
- We warmly welcome children and families, however we make no guarantee as to the child-safety of properties and disclaim all liability in this regard. Swimming pool does not have a life guard on duty and parents are to ensure proper supervision of their children.
1) Bookings are for the number of guests indicated on your booking confirmation, this number includes children.
2) No shoes/footwear in the house.
3) No pets or smoking in the house.
4) Please dispose the trash, and keep the unit clean.
5) Please switch off all air-con/lights whenever you leave the house, and we encourage all guests to switch off all electrical appliances when not in use.
6) Please remove biodegradable trash immediately after cooking. We do not wish to invite pests into the apartment.
7) Please respect the property and neighbors by keeping noise levels down after 11pm.
My family stayed in the apartment as we were leaving Singapore and needed to pack up our home. So we did not spend a huge amount of time there, but we found Veil to be very accommodating and available for questions. On the second floor and away from busy roads or noise.
We had a really nice stay, our bed was super comfortable, the room was really beautiful, and the apartment is very nice. Our hosts Veil & Terence were friendly, although we barely saw them while we were there since we were out wandering the town all day! The area is nice, very close to cute shops, cafés and some of the best food we've eaten this trip. Easy access to public transit. It's a nice spot! I totally recommend staying here.
Veil is a cordial, responsible, and attentive host, providing a useful introduction to the apartment and neighborhood. The apartment's location is in a quiet area, adjacent to the busy, atmospheric Joo Chiat business district and colorful markets. Upscale shopping and Singapore's ubiquitous, excellent bus system are a short walk away on a wide pedestrian-only footpath. Groceries and restaurants abound within the distance of a leisurely walk. The apartment is well-outfitted, with a layout that accommodates odd-hour wakefulness on the part of jet-lagged members of the family, while others sleep. We miss Joo Chiat and Katong already, and would not hesitate to stay at Veil's place on a return visit to wonderful Singapore!
Veil is a really friendly host who will go the extra mile to check if everything is okay for us. Listing description was accurate and the house is clean too. Nice environment, shophouses and supermarkets are just walking distance from the apartment. It was a great experience!
une avons bien apprécié cet appartement simple, agréable et bien tenu. Il est d'un bon rapport qualité prix et situé au calme, ce qui est très important dans une ville comme Singapour . Veil est disponible et attentive à répondre aux attentes de ses locataires.
Nathalie ( France)
This host has 6 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Veil
Native of Singapore, I'm a mother of two boys. I've been hosting on Airbnb for more than 1 year, with 2 listings, one in Singapore and one in Nusajaya, Johor, near Legoland. I enjoy travelling, cruising and trying new foods. My homes are decorated in Contemporary to Balinese decor, reflecting my personal tastes for modern luxury, yet with a relaxed resort feel. I love the accessories that complete the interior design, guests can see this from our Art pieces, lightings, ethnic carpets and various decorations in our homes. Our guests are our friends, we wish to leave them with warm, joyful memories of their stays with us.