About this listing
Private Room in Del Rey
- Check-in is @ 2 pm, or any time after 2 pm. Please not earlier, because I'm either cleaning after previous guests who left at 11 a.m., or guests are still their if it's before 11 a.m., or I'm out doing my other chores, in accordance with my schedule. Coming early creates a great inconvenience for everybody.
- Check-out is @ 11 am, strict.
- We don't keep the baggage after the check-out time. If your plane is late at night, you can book an extra day.
- We don't provide a concierge service.
- Please no parties, and please do not bring other people to the house, you can meet your friends in many beautiful places around here.
- Our guests do not have access to the community pool area due to the liability issues, sorry. Please walk through the side gate next to our house, not through the pool area to the main gate. We will be asked to close Airbnb by our HOA if our guests will be in the pool area.
- It's a Fragrance Free house. If you use a perfume, I would greatly appreciate if it's a light one and used lightly.
- It's a Smoke Free house. If you smoke, please book in another place where it's allowed: the smoking is prohibited everywhere here, so you won't be able to smoke neither in the house nor outside the house. Please take it seriously, you won't be allowed to smoke anywhere here. If I find out you've smoked there will be a fine for the full amount of your deposit. Thank you for not smoking.
- Please no wet towels on the furniture or floor, put them on the shower door, or on the drying rack on the balcony.
- If you can't find my place, please call me and I'll walk you through. If my neighbors offer you help I would appreciate if you won't ask them about Bed & Breakfast in the area, rather ask by my name, but better yet - thank them and just call me.
- Sorry, we can't allow pets, our two dogs are serious about their territory when it comes to other dogs :)
I had an great stay. The room was perfect, well located to get to all the different appointments I had. I was worried about pillows because I had forgotten mine, but theirs were perfect! The bedding and the towels were all top of the line, very clean and comfortable. The shower was wonderful. They had thought of everything to make it work. I was also worried because it was so close to the freeway, but once you closed the door the noise was gone and I had no trouble sleeping and being close to the freeway was a real plus to getting around! The room is a great size also and my hosts were right there when I had a question, but totally gave me my space. I would stay here again, no question.
I had a very pleasant stay at Zhanna’s house. The room is great: large, clean, with absolutely everything provided that you could need during your stay (even some cereal and snacks). It is very private with its own balcony which I did not use thought. It was close enough to the beach to enjoy the good weather there. Also a bike paths is close by where you can go for a run. I can fully recommend staying with her in Marina del Rey, very easy to reach, too. (Just mind the street cleaning, it’s on Wednesday and *Thursday*, not Tuesday as I read :/ LA parking tickets are expensive.)
Joan is a great host! The room was big and comfortable exactly like as described. I strongly recommend this place.
Zhanna is a perfect host. She is kind and very keen on making her visitor's stay an excellent experience. She certainly succeeded in doing just that for me. The appartement is clean and includes a spacious bedroom kitchenette and bathroom. The bed is very comfortable and it is nice to have a balcony to enjoy the Californian sun! Breakfast is included and Zhanna makes sure it is adjusted to your liking.
I found it was conveniently located, close to Venice Beach and an easy commute to other interesting LA areas. Highly recommended!
Zhanna was a great hostess! We arrived relatively late in the evening, and she welcomed us warmly, made us feel at home and privided us with everything we needed.
The room is perfect with a small personal bathroom and kitchenette. Everything was clean and very comfortable. For our next stay in LA, Zhanna's place is definitely on our list!
Zhanna is a very nice host, she even gave us a bottle of champagne on the New Years eve! Room is located in a peacful neighborhood close to marina. Would definitely go back again.
Zhanna's place was exactly as described, clean, easy access and plenty of parking on the street. Marina Del Rey is super close to Venice Beach and Santa Monica, so it ended up as perfect location. I would definitely stay here again when I'm back in LA if it's available.
About the Host, Joan
I am a costumer in the film industry and a soft sculpture artist.
I love traveling, gardening, cooking, and felting. I love animals, especially canines - wolves and dogs. I am excited to open up my home to visitors as I love to meet different people from all corners of the world. I love living in Marina del Rey. It epitomizes everything I love about life. The ocean, art, access to great restaurants, and scenic walks, and the diverse culture.
I thoroughly enjoy having guests, and feel that everyone I meet has a way of enriching my live. Meeting someone new and hearing their story can be just as entertaining and interesting as watching a great movie.
The restaurants in my neighborhood are amazing. You can find just about any type of food you are in the mood for. All within close walking distance.
Most of my regular places to visit are not very far away. I appreciate a sunset walk to the Fisherman Village, a bike ride to the Santa Monica Pier, camping at Big Sur and the National Parks.
There is lots of free fun to be had in and around Marina del Rey. Here's a list of the local events that I love to partake in with my friends: concerts on the Santa Monica Pier, the Abbot Kinney Festival, The Venice Canal Holiday Boat Parade, The Venice Carnival, The Festival of the Chariots, The Marina Boat Parade, The Marina 4th of July Fireworks and Concerts in Burton Chase Park.
How blessed I am to live in Marina del Rey. Hope you enjoy your visit as much as I do living here.
Wherever you stay I hope you thoroughly enjoy your visit to this wonderful place I call home!