About this listing
Cozy 2 bedroom 1 bath English Basement apartment with newly installed carpet and new California King mattress. Free on-street parking. Easy access to public transportation. Fully-stocked kitchen. Keyless entry for easy check-in.
This cozy English basement has 2 bedrooms, 1 bath. The main bedroom has a large comfortable California King-size bed. The second bedroom has a comfortable full-size bed. For the fifth person, the living room has a pullout couch that sleeps one. There is also a Pack-n-Play available for infants. Fresh linens are included. Maximum occupancy is 5, including children.
The apartment has easy entry access with a keyless number pad, so there is no need to carry apartment keys around DC. Guests are welcome to enjoy the enclosed backyard for dining or a place for the kids to play.
Interaction with Guests
My husband and I live nearby and are usually readily available for check-ins, needed items, or information on the local area.
The apartment is conveniently located within 1.5 miles of the U.S. Capitol on the Northeast side of Washington DC. Public transportation is easily accessible. The D6 bus line stops around the corner and will take you to Union Station, E Street NW (near the National Mall), DuPont Circle, and Georgetown. Stadium Armory Metro station (blue/orange/silver line) is a 10-15 minute walk. There is an abundance of restaurants/bars located within a 10-20 minute walk along the H Street Corridor. If you are looking for more of a snack, sandwiches and tacos are only 1 block away.
METRO bus and rail is easily accessible. The Stadium-Armory Metro Station (blue/orange/sliver line) is a 10-minute walk from the front door. The metro-bus D6 line is 1 block away that takes passengers to Union Station, E Street NW (near the National Mall), DuPont Circle, and Georgetown. We have 5 SmarTrip Metro cards for guests to use. There are Capital Bikeshare rental bike racks located nearby. ZipCar lot located within a blocks distance. Let us know if you're driving to DC, we can provide a visitor vehicle parking pass for street parking free of charge.
Other Things to Note
- Kitchen has all new stainless steel appliances.
- If you'd like to cook and dine in, there is a full set of cookware and dishes.
- Grocery stores and Eastern Market are located in the vicinity for grocery shopping.
- Spotless bathroom with clean towels and hair dryer.
- Jacuzzi tub / shower to relax in after those long days of walking around the Washington sights.
- Central heat and air conditioning system.
- Dehumidification unit for the humid DC summer days.
- Washer / dryer in the unit for guests on extended holidays.
- Living room is equipped with a 42" HD G..gle TV.
- Free Netflix.
- Wired and Wi-Fi internet.
Please note that this apartment is located at the basement level below an occupied home. In turn, you will hear noise from the unit above.
- No smoking inside the apartment or near doors or windows.
- Quiet hours are 10 pm - 7 am.
- Follow checkout procedures posted in apartment.
- Maximum occupancy is 5, including children, babies, and long lost relatives stopping in for only a night.
Okay... AirBnB says it's better to have more rules here. I'm not a big fan of rules, but here it goes...
1) Don't take the furniture.
2) No tagging, marking, or graffiti inside or outside the apartment.
3) No ritualistic sacrifices inside. Outside will be considered upon request.
4) No bonfires.
s\ The Management