About this listing
Situated on an historic street in Chelsea, what is special about this lovely home is that when you enter, it doesn't feel like a small NYC apartment. It's stylishly & elegantly furnished (think vintage modern) with comfort in mind. A true class act!
This bright and peaceful 750-sq.ft. open-plan 1-bedroom (plus full-size Murphey bed) is not your typical Manhattan apartment.
A well designed floor-plan takes advantage of most of the square footage in the unit, but what is special about this lovely home is that when you enter, it does not feel like you are in a small New York City apartment. It resembles a serene sanctuary in the country, but with contemporary flair and all the mod cons.
With most of the unit windows facing the courtyard, the views when you look out the windows into the garden are in no way that of a bustling city. Who would have thought that Penn Station, with access to multiple trains, buses, coaches and subway lines - many of which link directly to JFK, Newark and LaGuardia - is only two streets and one avenue away?
This apartment features a lovely sunken livingroom, hardwood floors throughout, a renovated modern granite and stainless kitchen with SubZero appliances, vaulted ceilings, wood burning fireplace, exposed brick, and a large dining mezzanine great for entertaining friends.
The apartment is stylishly and elegantly furnished (think vintage modern) with comfort in mind. Step into a breathing, living lung of gorgeous plants, potted and fresh cut flowers, and enjoy their healing power as you begin to relax and unwind from the stresses of modern day life.
If you are looking for a peaceful and quiet vacation home in which to recharge after a long day exploring the city, this could be your next big escape. A truly tranquil, hushed sanctuary in the middle of New York City!
• Central AC and heating
• Ceiling fans
• Verizon FIOS ultra high speed wireless internet
• Large flat screen smart television on multi-angle arm with cinematic surround sound wireless SONOS speaker system
• Apple TV with Netflix, Hulu Plus and HBO GO
• SONOS smart phone app controlled sound system with ability to select different music/radio in each room at different sound levels or mute + Spotify access for limitless choice in music
• Xbox 360 E 250GB to keep kids and big kids entertained
• Landline for free local and domestic calls
• Lutron dimmers throughout
• Gorgeous fully functional fireplace stocked with safe & environmentally friendly Duraflame logs for your use
• King-size Tempurpedic Rhapsody Breeze bed with Cooling. Step out of bed onto an ultra-fine alpaca rug
• Wireless laser jet printer, photocopier and scanner (print your boarding pass, for example)
• iMac with guest account for unlimited surfing, (SENSITIVE CONTENTS HIDDEN)ing, FaceTiming, iMessaging, etc.
• Laundry facilities with complimentary powder in basement; ironing and drying rack in unit
• Fully equipped chef's kitchen, cookware, glassware, crockery and utensils for large group entertaining
• Breville dye cast metal appliances: espresso machine that grinds fresh beans with every cup, milk frother, toaster oven, toaster, food processor, juicer, citrus fruit juicer, and more.
• Complimentary Illy coffee beans from Italy & Wholefoods Buzz Free Decaf
• 3/4 dishwasher, oven, gas stovetop
• Subzero refrigerator and freezer
• Extra-wide oversized luxurious down-filled couch and cashmere throws ideal for napping and snuggling à deux fireside over a movie
• Complimentary CitiBike access for two. Overage fees for exceeding 40 minutes and key fob replacement cost at your expense.
Interaction with Guests
• I will provide a detailed arrival and orientation guide
• I will be my absolute pleasure to answer all questions about the apartment
• Regrettably, I will not be able to act as a tour guide
The exciting and yet restful location of your vacation home is just steps to the famous Chelsea Highline, Whole Foods, Fairway and Trader Joes supermarkets (in addition to a less salubrious yet perfectly adequate supermarket kitty corner), the Fashion Institute of Technology, Chelsea Piers (and modern riverside parks for picnicking and relaxing) and some of the city's best eateries. For both casual and fine dining, meander south along 9th, 10th and 8th avenues through the 20s and high teens (Chelsea), the low teens (cobblestoned Meatpacking District) and Greenwich Village. Head a few blocks east, and you'll hit Korea Town, the Flower District and Madison Square Park (and the best dog park in Manhattan!). A stone's throw to the north is the bustling, restaurant-filled Hell's Kitchen neighbourhood, Times Square, the Theatre District, Columbus Circle and, finally, the southern end of Central Park.
Situated on an historic street in Chelsea (the Underground Railway during the slave trade) the apartment is 4 minutes walk to the 1, 2, 3, A, C and E subway lines, Penn Station, Long Island Railway, Amtrak, New Jersey Transit, MTA and intercity buses, and a further 8 minute walk to Port Authority and its many buses/coaches.
Other Things to Note
The apartment comfortably sleeps five (5). One couple in the bedroom on a magnificent California King Tempurpedic bed. A second couple on the stunning and ultra-comfortable Tempurpedic Full Size (aka Double) Murphey Bed.
A fifth person can be very comfortably accommodated on the extra-wide down filled luxury sofa, if needed.
Please remember that you are FRIENDS of the owner and are his GUESTS. This is what is called in the US a Coop, not a condo, so guests are welcome!
Please do not smoke under any circumstances.
Please don't wear shoes inside (but please do not leave outside front door). No shoes whatsoever please on the ultra-fine white alpaca rug.
Please extinguish all candles upon leaving the apartment, even for short periods.
Please do not water the plants unless they literally appear to be wilting.
When using the downstairs laundry facilities with complimentary powder, please switch off all lights and close the door at the top of the staircase EVEN between short cycles.
Please be honest and report any damage to furniture or the apartment, including stains.
No loud television or music after midnight.