About this listing
♥ Welcomed ♥
Come and enjoy a little creek with fishermen boats and crystalline waters. The beach is only at one minute walk, it's a ideal place to enjoy the sea: a little beach, pine trees and mediterranean way of life (that means tasty food, water, sun and forest walks).
The house simple and spacious has 3 floors:
0= parking for 2 cars
1st floor = entrance door and 3 bedrooms + 2 bathrooms
2nd = living and dining-room, big terrace, kitchen, laundry room, guests toilet
3rd = terrace
One suite (double bed with bathroom) and two bedrooms, one with 2 beds, the other with 3 single beds. Provided with fresh linen and towels.
The kitchen, old style, is equipped with refrigerator, gas cooking and small appliances.
Laundry room with washing machine, place to iron and a sink.
All painted white plus some touches of strong colors. The façade and bathrooms has been made new in 2.012.
The pedestrian street in front is calm, you have the forest in front. Out of season is very calm and perfect for a retreat. During summer is more busy. The water is very calm most of the days because of the bay. Best time to take a bath is early in the morning with nobody in the beach; you can see when the sun arises or swim during the moon nights in summer.
TIP: when you have wind and strong waves check beaches with other orientation (South).
TIP 2: use plastic shoes for the beach because you have stones in the beach; you can also swim from the rocks, or from "ses Vaques" on the way to Aiguafreda. Palms and snorkeling is also advises to see the fishes.
you can have access at the restaurant hostel Sa tuna and Es Catius (they only open in high season, Easter to September) and in Begur. In Begur you have a library with free internet too.
-per week: it changes depending of the season. Starts at 400€ (linnen and cleaning included).
BEGUR has eight coves and beaches, located to the north, east and south of the town, with different characters and completely different kinds of natural beauty.
- SA TUNA offers a nice bath in clean and transparent water, and good walks along the coastal path.
- Aiguafreda, small pier for boats and a pleasant picnic area.
- SA RIERA, very nice sand beach, and also offers various sports activities and tourism services, faced to North
- FORNELLS, also located in the South, the coves of Fornells, where according to tradition, this coast was baptized, a hundred years ago, with the familiar name of "Costa Brava". The coastal trail serves as a bridge to reach all the small creeks that form the core of Fornells: cove n'Estasia, Ses Orats, Mala-et and the Port Esclanyà cove. These coves are shared characteristic of the sand is not fine, but you can sunbathe in peace, and water is very clear.
- PLATJA FONDA, located in the southern coast of Begur, at the foot of the majestic Cape of Begur. This natural hide, with thick sand and dark, has managed to remain untouched and preserved a primitive purity rarely found in other parts of the Costa Brava.
- AIGUABLAVA, characteristic for its crystalline waters and shallow, and its fine sand and clearly water. Parador 5*
- PALS, wonderful long beach with sand; nice place to see when the sun arises with Meda's islands view
- TAMARIU, LLAFRANC, CALELLA, ... don't miss this beaches
In summer you have a shop next door with some basics (milk, bread, wine, water...) and four restaurants: Es Furió, Hostal Sa Tuna, Es Catius and Ca l'Adela. Other nearby very good restaurants (10 min. walk) are Sa Rascassa and Vintage (Cap Sa Sal).
BEGUR: 3 km. you have to go to Begur for shopping. Two supermarkets, fish and meat shop, market, bread shop, etc. bankomat, trendy restaurants, library, internet, fashion-shops... Supermarkets: Valvi is next to the petrol station. Organic veggies in the market (near tourist office) wednesday and friday. Market day: wednesday.
PALAFRUGELL (7 Km.) I recommend to shop there, specially the daily market. Colorful market with clothes and food on Sundays, 8-13h.; most of the shops open on Sunday morning.
Supermarkets: Carrefour, Lidl, etc. Some good delicatessen shops like Patisserie Serra. Huge wine store at the entrance, Grau. PALS: here you can find supermarkets too, in the road going to the beach you have a big supermarket, opened daily in summer.
Cultural visits/ medieval villages
Ullastret, Iberian archeological village
Empuries, Archaeological Site, greek town
- walking: check local routes SL (sender local) to Begur; also GR. From Sa Tuna you have to walk to S'Eixugador, walk with stunning views.
- kayaks at the beach (summer)
- golf Platja de Pals, Golf Serres de Pals, Empordà Golf Club
- windsurf (Pals)
- diving: Begur has various diving centers providing a large number of services. Run and guaranteed by professional divers, the centers offer the chance to go diving and discover a new, silent and magical world. Next to Sa Tuna you have Aiguafreda's diwing center.
- water sports, ask information at Begur's tourist office, check begur dot cat
you have some very trendy night restaurants and bars in Begur, Lola, La Lluna, etc. Mas Sorrer jazz bar in the country side near Torroella. In Pals you have Les Teules. Also some villages like Peretallada are opened at night, very romantic and lots of restaurants.
- Museum of Contemporary Photography, Palau Solterra Torroella de Montgrí (20 Km.)
- Fundació Mascort, Torroella de Montgrí (20 Km.)
- Can Mario, Palafrugell (10 Km.)
- Salvador's Dalí House at Púbol (30 Km.)
- Museum Dalí, Figueres (58 km.)
- Casa Dalí, Portlligat, Cadaquès (80 km.)
- Musée d'Art Moderne Céret (Picasso + Matisse) (100 Km.)
A CAR is required.
bus station in Begur, Sarfa. Direct bus to Bcn.
Closest airport: Girona Costa Brava
Closest train station: Flaça, about 40 min. by car. www.renfe.es
Please before booking ask me when the house will be available or any other question. Add also a little information about yourself. Thank you very much and welcomed in!
When you go out lock the doors, and when inside also.
Smoking in the terraces only.
Please don't disturb the neighbors, no parties.
No other guests during your stay.
Close well doors and windows when you go out (strong wind called Garbí)
Buy your own food, mineral water and personal things (shampoo, toiletries...)
In summer: anti-mosquitos, ear plugs, mask, solar lotion and aftersun advised.
About the Host, Lila
Hello and thanks for visiting!
Enquiries in English, French, Italian, Spanish and Catalan are welcomed.
I am sure you will love staying in our gorgeous flat in Girona old town! Please do not hesitate to contact me with any questions or special requests.
My interests are natural life, flowers, ecology, art and design, among many others ;-)
Favorite foods are organic vegetables, vegan, raw specialities and desserts...
I appreciate to discuss in different languages and love to share true friendship.
Worked as graphic designer and interior designer many years, learning therapy with oils and domotherapy.
All european destinations are my favorites and would like very much to go to India, Morocco, Turkey ... I love to meet new people, try special food and see architecture and cultural spots.
About AIRBNB: I have been hosting many years with Hospitality Club and Servas. I really enjoy having guests from Airbnb, it's big fun for me. And I specially like to host designers and creative people :)