About this listing
“Are you a breakfast person? Do you want to enjoy a sophisticated modern ambience while staying in the very centre of Berlin? Ready for some insider tips?”
Easily accessible from both local airports, this premium accommodation is a little oasis amidst the bustling city: ultra-quiet, non-smoking and pet-free!
Located in a renovated historic building with an elevator, your guest room is situated over the quiet inner courtyard. It has a queen-size bed (160 x 200 cm), private balcony, free Wi-Fi, a desk, lounge chair, flat-screen TV, DAB+ radio. The room is cleaned daily.
The self-service breakfast includes many German specialities, as well as cereals, juices and fresh fruit. An ultra-modern coffee machine is also at your disposal. Help yourself to all you can eat!
Interaction with Guests
The apartment has a modern bathroom and a streamlined kitchen, which guests share with their host Alexander. He has been operating this B&B in his spare time since 2003. Alexander, who knows Berlin intimately, loves to assist travelers discovering his hometown.
If you’re looking for a central spot without being in the middle of the hustle and bustle, then this is the perfect place!
You can easily walk to sights such as Brandenburg Gate, Checkpoint Charlie, Friedrichstrasse, Gendarmenmarkt, Hamburger Bahnhof, Hackesche Höfe, Potsdamer Platz, Reichstag, Siegessäule, Tiergarten, Topography of Terror, Unter den Linden or Alexanderplatz.
Grocery stores, post office, cash machines, pharmacies, car or bicycle rental and a public olympic size indoor swimming pool are available nearby. Next-door neighbors:
- Supermarket: Rewe, Chausseestraße (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)h – 23:00h)
- Chemist's: dm-drogerie, Invalidenstraße (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)h – 20:30h)
- Restaurant: Neumond, Borsigstraße 28 (07:00h – 00:00h)
- Snackbar: Yarok, Torstraße (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)h – 00:00h)
- Winebar: petrarca, Novalisstraße 8 (11:00h – 22:00h)
- Café: Oslo Kaffebar, Eichendorffstraße 13 (08:00h – 19:00h)
- Bar: Melody Nelson, Novalisstraße 2 (19:00h – 02:00h)
- Café: Bondi, Eichendorffstraße 6 (08:00h – 18:00h)
- Bakery: Alpenstück, Schröderstraße 8 (07:00h – 19:00h)
- Money Exchange: ReiseBank, Friedrichstraße (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)h – 20:00h)
- Post Office: Lottoladen Bieselt, Novalisstraße 13 (07:00h – 19:00h)
- Bicycle Hire: Fahrrad Frank, Torstraße (PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN)h – 20:00h)
- Car Rental: Sixt, Müllerstraße 1 (06:00h – 20:00h)
- Swimming Pool: Stadtbad Mitte, Gartenstraße 5 (06:30h – 22:00h)
A 5 minute walk through a small park takes you to the S-Bahn at "Nordbahnhof" (0.4 km), from where you can go by train to Alexanderplatz or Potsdamer Platz in 15 minutes. A tram takes you eastwards to the Prenzlauer Berg / Friedrichshain area.
- Tram line M10 (S+U Hauptbahnhof – S+U Warschauer Straße)
- Tram line M8 (S+U Hauptbahnhof – Ahrensfelde)
- Tram line 12 (Weißensee, Pasedagplatz – Mitte, Am Kupfergraben)
- Suburban railway line S1 (Oranienburg – Wannsee)
- Suburban railway line S2 (Bernau – Blankenfelde)
- Suburban railway line S25 (Hennigsdorf – Teltow Stadt)
- Bus 245 (S+U Zoologischer Garten – S-Nordbahnhof)
Nearest underground station: "Naturkundemuseum" (0.9 km):
- Underground line U6 (Alt-Tegel – Alt-Mariendorf)
- Tram line M5 (S+U Hauptbahnhof – Hohenschönhausen)
Suburban railway line station "Oranienburger Straße" is in walking distance, as is "Hauptbahnhof" – the main Berlin railway station.
The full address, as well as directions for getting here by various forms of transport, will be sent to you immediately once you've finished the booking process.
Other Things to Note
Parking is available in front of the house at the cost of EUR 1.00 per hour (9 AM to 9 PM). Parking free of charge is available at a location nearby.
You can check in any time after 2 PM (14:00h). The guest room should be vacated by 11 AM (11:00h) on the day of departure. You are welcome to leave your luggage in the flat to collect later.
All prices include 1 set of keys for the flat, wireless internet, TV, radio, towels, sheets, bathrobes and a daily self-service breakfast.
You will receive a key to the flat, as well as one which locks your guest room should you so wish. Please take care not to lose these – otherwise there is a charge for replacing the key. The same applies to amenities in the room that are damaged and need replacement.
If you end your stay earlier than your booking, the overnight price will not be refunded, neither in part nor as a whole.
A bill can be issued upon request. It does not include VAT.
No smoking, no visitors.
Das Gästezimmer ist am Anreisetag ab 14:00h bezugsfertig. Vereinbare vor Anreise, wann genau Du einchecken möchtest.
Das Gästezimmer am Abreisetag bis um 11:00h räumen (Gepäck-Aufbewahrung möglich).
Schlüsselverlust oder beschädigtes Mobiliar verursachen zusätzliche Kosten.
Keine Rückerstattung des Übernachtungspreises bei vorzeitiger Beendigung des Aufenthalts.
Auf Wunsch erhältst Du eine Rechnung ohne ausgewiesene Mehrwertsteuer gemäß Kleinunternehmerregelung (§ 19 UStG).
Rauchen ist in der gesamten Wohnung untersagt.
Keine Besucher mit in die Wohnung bringen.
» Living in Mitte, the most central borough of Berlin, is fantastic. So many things in walking distance! «
After working in cities such as Manchester, Helsinki, Cairo, London or Naples, I moved to Berlin in 2003, started teaching urban planning at university and offering one room of my home to people from all around the globe.
My guests get a lot more than just a key. I love sharing my local knowledge of must-see sights as well as less known places such as Bauhaus Museum, Flughafen Tempelhof, Mauerpark flea market or Viktoriapark Kreuzberg.
I am happy to welcome you, no matter where you come from. Bring a story to my home ... and you can look forward to hearing my stories about Berlin!
My home is a retreat from the mundanity of ordinary life, with a relaxed and easy-going atmosphere that makes you feel comfortable the moment you enter.