About this listing
An amazing location and South Austin cool are yours in this peaceful, zen South Congress cottage.
An updated 1BR with study/office that will easily accommodate a single or a couple, the house has been newly redesigned with a simple, modern sensibility and every comfort in mind, even including complementary Keurig coffees. And there is the large, private, park-like backyard with a freestanding deck that has lounge and dining areas, plus a hammock to lay back and smell the jasmine in the garden.
You could not ask for a more ideal location to experience Austin:
- The cottage is literally just steps away from 3 of Bon Appetit magazine's Top 50 New Restaurants (Sway, Elizabeth St. Cafe, and Lenoir), plus 10 of Austin's most popular food trailers, including the original Torchy's Tacos, Holy Cacao and Gourdough's Gourmet Donuts. Most are within just one block of the cottage, and all are a great way to immerse yourself in Austin's amazing food scene.
- South Congress, with classic Austin venues like the Continental Club, Jo's Coffee at the Hotel San Jose, Guero's, Home Slice Pizza, and the 24-hour Magnolia Cafe, is a short 5-minute stroll away.
- Downtown, Lady Bird Lake, and the Hike and Bike Trail, with everything they have to offer, are only one mile away, and easily accessible on foot, by bike, or using one of the two bus lines that run right by.
Check out the photos, and feel free to contact me with any questions or to book a reservation for this one-of-a-kind Austin accommodation.
The Zen Cottage is licensed by the City of Austin as a short-term rental. License #105150.
Just a few rules:
- no smoking
- no pets
And when you check-out, please
- start a load of/wash dishes
- lock and secure the house
And that's it. Thanks.