About this listing
An amazing location and South Austin cool are yours in this peaceful, zen South Congress cottage.
An updated 1BR with study/office that will easily accommodate a single or a couple, the house has been newly redesigned with a simple, modern sensibility and every comfort in mind, even including complementary Keurig coffees. And there is the large, private, park-like backyard with a freestanding deck that has lounge and dining areas, plus a hammock to lay back and smell the jasmine in the garden.
You could not ask for a more ideal location to experience Austin:
- The cottage is literally just steps away from 3 of Bon Appetit magazine's Top 50 New Restaurants (Sway, Elizabeth St. Cafe, and Lenoir), plus 10 of Austin's most popular food trailers, including the original Torchy's Tacos, Holy Cacao and Gourdough's Gourmet Donuts. Most are within just one block of the cottage, and all are a great way to immerse yourself in Austin's amazing food scene.
- South Congress, with classic Austin venues like the Continental Club, Jo's Coffee at the Hotel San Jose, Guero's, Home Slice Pizza, and the 24-hour Magnolia Cafe, is a short 5-minute stroll away.
- Downtown, Lady Bird Lake, and the Hike and Bike Trail, with everything they have to offer, are only one mile away, and easily accessible on foot, by bike, or using one of the two bus lines that run right by.
Check out the photos, and feel free to contact me with any questions or to book a reservation for this one-of-a-kind Austin accommodation.
The Zen Cottage is licensed by the City of Austin as a short-term rental. License #105150.
Just a few rules:
- no smoking
- no pets
And when you check-out, please
- start a load of/wash dishes
- lock and secure the house
And that's it. Thanks.
Zen cottage was great and would absolutely stay here again! Edward was very organized and professional, providing excellent instructions on getting in/out and very accessible. The cottage is perfect - quaint small house, perfect for a couple. Extremely clean, comfortable, and close to South 1st trucks and restaurants which was ideal. Highly recommended!
Perfect location! Edward was kind enough to let us check in early and the process was very smooth with the electronic lock. We loved the location and the cottage is just as it is in the pictures and the backyard is even better in person. It's right across the street from some of Austin's famous food trucks but only a short walk to South Congress. We rented bikes which was perfect because we could get anywhere from our location. This is ideal for anyone who wants a quiet space in a beautiful neighborhood with character but wants to be near restaurants/shops/parks. We had such a great time and would stay here again!
Edward was an excellent host and his cottage was lovely and very cozy and comfortable! As other reviewers have said, its location and its sweet backyard really stand out as special.
Edward's apartment was cozy, clean and welcoming. This was our first visit to Austin and I wanted to stay somewhere close to restaurants and stores. This place was perfect. There were several restaurants nearby including Freddie's, El Mercado and the Trailer Park food trucks. Edward also has a driveway so parking the car was never an issue. Instructions to access the bungalow were clear and simple. Overall, it was a great stay! Highly recommend!
Edward gave great instructions for getting to the house, how to get in, and use of wifi. I also appreciated the fully stocked coffee pods and how clean the house was. Very cute, quite neighborhood. The backyard is definitely the highlight. We spent one evening with friends, drinking wine and lounging in the hammock.
Edward made this a great experience. Everything was just as described, making me wish I had just a little bit of time to enjoy the comfortable home a bit more. I came for sxsw and considering what colleagues paid to be just a bit closer, this was a great deal and super convenient. Thanks, Edward!
Lovely cottage in a perfect location to explore Austin. Edward was very communicative and easy to work with. The house was very comfortable. We will be back!