At the top of Portobello Market, this flat overlooks busy market days, but manages to stay super quiet. Come visit the market, the bohemian atmosphere of one of West London's busy attractions. Tour locations filmed in the Hugh Grant film Notting Hill and experience a great mix of West London lifestyle.
This flat is perfect for exploring London, will being able to return home to a great little neighbourhood in itself. Alternately funky and posh, Notting Hill/Portobello is an amazing melting pot of traditional west Indian, eccentric locals, tourists, Spanish, and young + up and coming city workers.
You’ll love this amazing part of London, with Banksy art around every corner, The Notting Hill Carnival, the antique market, and other locations popularised by Hugh Grant and Julia Roberts’ Notting Hill film. There’s quite a posh nightclub spot called Supperclub around the corner – a fun night out. Westfield Shopping Centre (in American, read: “the mall”) for some shopping is a quick tube or bus away.
Your host is Robin, a Canadian working all across the city on all kinds of crazy projects. I’m in my early thirties and am just getting started on this site. I’m keen to share the great times I’ve had here in London and look forward to touring the city with visitors and new friends. (Or if you prefer, I can leave you to your own devices.)
And of course, there’s a few things in the room and flat that will make your London experience more comfortable:
• Local info pack:
• Washing machine (great after a few days/weeks of travel)
• Iron and Ironing Board
• Kettle and Coffee and Tea
• Microwave oven, toaster, oven, range, dishwasher, refrigerator, etc, etc, etc
• Feel free to use the stereo – there’s no TV, so you’re forced to get out into the city! Although if you’re tech-savvy, I’m sure you’ll be able to figure out how to use the WiFi to get some TV up and running.
• The cleaner comes every Wednesday, so it’s nice and refreshed for you to visit.
• I have a local mobile phone for you to borrow if yours won’t work while travelling.
• You’ll need an A2Z map book for touring around...and I have a couple for you.
• Ladbroke Grove Tube Station (Circle Line + Hammersmith and City Line), only 3 minutes walk.
• Holland Park Tube Station (Central Line), south on Ladbroke Grove, about 10-15 minute walk.
• Notting Hill Gate Tube Station (Central Line), a convenient 52/452 bus or 10-15 minute walk south
• Kensal Green Station (London Overground), a 10-15 minute walk north reaches a convenient overland train across the top of the city, running to Euston.
• Kensal Rise Station (London Overground), a quick 52/452 bus north reaches a convenient overland train across the top of the city, running to West Hampstead, Camden Town and Stratford
• Direct bus to Victoria train and coach station, and easy tubes to any other plane and train landing spot.
• A great set of buses, if trains and tubes aren’t enough!
• 7 (Little Venice, Oxford Street, Soho, British Museum...)
• 23 (Little Venice, Oxford Street, Regent Street, Piccadilly Circus, Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden, Saint Paul Cathedral, Tate Modern, Brick Lane, Spitalfields Market...)
• 52 (Kensington Palace, High Street Kensington, Royal Albert Hall, Exhibition Road, Knightsbridge, Harrod's, Hyde Park Corner, Green Park, Buckingham Palace)
• 70 (Kensington Palace, High Street Kensington, Royal Albert Hall, National History Museum, Science Museum, Victoria & Albert Museum...)
• 228 (Holland Park, Westfield Shopping Centre...)
• 295 (Westfield Shopping Centre, Stamford Bridge...)
• 316 (Westfield Shopping Centre, Hampstead...)
• 452 (Kensington Palace, High Street Kensington, Royal Albert Hall, Exhibition Road, Knightsbridge, Harrod's, Sloane Square, Battersea Park, Chelsea...)
Common Questions and Answers
Q: Is it easy to access main attractions of London from your place?
A: Yes, easy! Easy transport links make it great
t is very easy. We are located in an excellent area, with a bus stop 10 metres walk away and a tube stop only 2 mins walk away. From either of these two transport options you can be in town within 20 minutes.
Q: Is it situated in a safe neighborhood if we wish to get back to the place at late night?
A: Notting Hill and Portobello are completely safe now, and very well lit. (Although the metal shutters that the shops have put up for the Notting Hill Carnival in September can be a bit disconcerting!). Of course, be careful as you would in your own city or town.
Q: Towels and Linen are included?
A: Of course!
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Extra people:||$17 / night after the first guest|
|Minimum Stay:||3 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$563 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$2424 /month|
Robin is a lovely host, his place is very well situated, nice and close to the tube, and only a block away from Portobello markets, wish I could have stayed longer.
Robin was lovely to deal with and prompt in responding to emails and in person, helpful and respectful. The apartment is very well located. The flat is really nice and comfortable, you can find everything you need. It met our expectations perfectly. We would certainly recommend a stay at Robin's place!
I had a lovely stay with Robin in Notting Hill. His flat is comfortable and conveniently located in the city, and Robin was a great host. I had only 48 hours in London, and staying in this neighborhood was perfect for getting easy access to all of the things I wanted to see. Robin also had great tips and suggestions for the city and this neighborhood, and he is great company to spend time with.
I couldn't say enough good things regarding this location or the host, I truly had a wonderful time!!! The Flat was spotless and Robin was simply marvelous! I was of course last minute in travel and Robin was able to accommodate that very well. Literally I was on Airbnb Thursday, decided I was gonna go to London sometime Friday morning, received accepted response from Robin rather fast and was in London Saturday night. The area was perfect lots of Cafes, Shopping and Pubs which I felt completely safe roaming around in Notting Hill, I really didn't want to leave.
Robin is great host: helpful, respectful, clean and quiet. The house is very well located in the picturesque Portobello Road, next to the tube-bus station. The neighborhood is extremely nice and safe. I had an unforgettable experience living with Robin and strongly recommend both the house and the host.
Robin was a very accommodating and welcoming host. Location was good - short walk to the tube and a nice long walk to Kensington/Hyde Park. Would highly recommend others to stay there.
It was really nice to stay in Robin's apartment. Super location if you like Notting Hill area, cosy room, great host. Highly recommended to stay with Robin!
An excellent location ! Robin is super sweet and über cool. Great expirence , wish I had more time in London!
Great place, great location, great guy, great times!!
Robin was a great host! He is very friendly and hospitable. His place is clean and in great condition. There are some good restaurants near his place and it's close to the train station, though, the surrounding neighborhood is a little sketchy at night. As a female traveling alone, I felt perfectly safe during the day, but was a little nervous walking from the train station to his place by myself at night. Other than that, I would highly recommend his place.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.