About this listing
Dean Hall Nursery is your own charming and welcoming home away from home.
Perfectly appointed and well-situated, discover for yourself why the cottage has consistently been the most highly recommended vacation rental in beautiful Bermuda!
Dean Hall Nursery is an architectural award-winning, lovingly-restored Bermuda Cottage that is the ideal holiday retreat.
With a spacious open plan, the perfectly appointed cottage is a welcoming home away from home.
Dean Hall Nursery - your home in Bermuda.
The cottage comes complete with fresh linens (including beach towels), toiletries, a well-equipped kitchen, onsite laundry facilities and all the comforts of home. If self-catering, you can get basic food provisions from the corner grocery on arrival (supplemented by three larger groceries nearby) and will no doubt enjoy the gas barbecue and outdoor entertainment areas.
Interaction with Guests
The owners and their family live next door and will ensure that you'll have a memorable Bermuda experience.
THE NEIGHBOURHOOD: Nestled in a garden setting in picturesque Flatts, the Nursery is close to Bermuda's number one attraction, the Bermuda Aquarium, Museum & Zoo.
With nearby restaurants, corner grocery and an adjacent bus stop, you're perfectly positioned for your vacation in paradise.
GETTING THERE: Airport transfer arrangements will be made on your behalf.
GETTING AROUND: There is a bus stop at the end of the cottage driveway and tickets or passes can be purchased at Flatts Post Office across the road. 5 minutes down the hill there is access to two more bus lines running at 15 minute intervals.
For the adventurous and experienced I recommend Elbow Beach Cycles as your source for scooters or pedal bikes.
Other Things to Note
EXTRA GUESTS: If booking for three or four, the third and fourth persons are accommodated on a pull-out sofa in the same room for an extra charge of $30 per person, per night.
OTHER EXTRAS: Other amenities not listed elsewhere include: fresh flowers and bottle of wine on arrival, a mobile phone for free local calls, two plush bathrobes, iron and ironing board, hair dryer, curling irons, laundry supplies, basic kitchen provisions, snorkel equipment, picnic bag/blanket and an outdoor dining set...with chiminea for a cool evening.
3. Have fun;
4. Explore Bermuda's beauty and culture;
5. Join Stephen & Faith for a complimentary bottle of wine next door or bring your own bottle for one of Stephen & Faith's famous, spontaneous boat cruises (*subject to availability!);
6. Please no smoking anywhere on the property;
7. If they look thirsty, please water the hanging baskets using the watering can provided;
8. Please conserve water and electricity, especially turning off air-conditioning when going offsite;
9. Please do not leave out open food (it will go stale very quickly in any event) and dirty dishes as both will attract unwanted visitors;
10. Please brush off and/or rinse all beach sand from the snorkel equipment, bag and towels provided, outside...oh and your feet too, please ;)
11. Always hook back the front and kitchen doors when open...the wind will otherwise slam them shut;
12. Please clean up after yourself, removing garbage, placing dirty dishes in dishwasher and used towels and bed linens in laundry hamper (or even the washer!);
13. Your leftover fresh food items will be given to those in need and certain dry items can be re-purposed for future guests; and, in observing all of the above,
14. You'll leave the Nursery in the perfect condition you found it and find yourselves better off for your wonderful Bermuda experience.
THANK YOU - ENJOY YOUR STAY.