About this listing
Breakfast included. Parking included. Airbnb Superhost accommodation. Comfortable, queen-size bed in a lovely private room in our family home. Prestigious, historic neighbourhood - very walkable. Toddler bed can be added for a third guest (child) by advance request.
Ideal for a business traveler, Huntington scholar, Caltech researcher or parents visiting a student. Great base for traveling nurses or tourists exploring Pasadena and greater Los Angeles.
Queen-size bed in sunny corner room. Toddler bed available for third guest (child) on request. Hardwood floors, full-length mirror, closet with lots of wooden hangers, window seat. Full bathroom is a few steps away. Free parking for your car. Light housekeeping service available most Mondays or Thursdays on request. Free Wi-fi.
In addition to your private bedroom you will have access to shared living room, dining room, and to the backyard. No access to the second floor or private family areas of the house. Store small amounts of food in the refrigerator/kitchen and make light use of the kitchen during kitchen hours (breakfast time and dinner time up until 9pm). For the BBQ, laundry facilities or piano please make arrangements with host.
We can provide almost any amenity you might need - from a snack to sunscreen and a beach towel to a discount code for the supermarket. I have an amazonFresh membership for ordering free home delivery of groceries you can take advantage of.
Interaction with Guests
Host can share ideas for places to go and things to do in beautiful Pasadena, Los Angeles and surrounding areas. Can also provide lunches/dinners for purchase. If you don't want much interaction that's fine too, we can just say "hello" in passing. :)
Location, location, location. Quiet street in highly desirable Caltech and Huntington Library neighbourhood of homes, many dating from the 1920's when the area was mostly orange groves. Views to the San Gabriel mountains and Angeles National Forest. It's the kind of neighbourhood people come to from other areas to walk their dogs or to Trick-or-Treat at Halloween.
WALKING DISTANCE (ONE MILE OR LESS) TO:
• California Institute of Technology (CalTech)
• Huntington Library and Botanical Gardens
• Pasadena City College (PCC)
• Rose Parade route (Colorado Boulevard)
• Allen Station (Gold Line)
EASY DRIVE OR METRO TO:
• Old Town Pasadena
• Civic (Convention) Center - 3 miles
• Pasadena Conservatory of Music (PCM)
• PIFF (Pasadena International Film Festival)
• Laemmle Theatre
• Rose Bowl Stadium - 5 miles
• Jet Propulsion Laboratory (JPL) - 8 miles
• Post Parade (float viewing)
• Pacific Asia Museum - 3 miles
• Fuller Seminary - 3 miles
• Angeles National Forest hiking trails
• Sierra Madre Villa Station (Gold Line station with plenty of parking) - 3 miles
• Paseo Colorado (shopping, restaurants, movies) - 2 miles
• Pasadena Playhouse - 2 miles
• Descanso Gardens - 10 miles
• Union Station (primary train station in L.A.)
• Olvera Street - 12 miles
• Occidental College
• Le Cordon Bleu School of Culinary Arts
• Huntington Memorial Hospital - 3 miles
• Tournament House (Wrigley Mansion)
• Gamble House - 4 miles
• Norton Simon Museum - 4 miles
• Pasadena Museum of California Art (PMCA)
• Downtown Los Angeles
• Griffith Park - 12 miles
• Travel Town Train Museum
• Dodger Stadium - 10 miles
• Staples Center - 13 miles
• University of Southern California (USC)
• Americana (shopping, restaurants)
• Art Center
• Disney Concert Hall
• Dorothy Chandler Pavilion
• Mark Taper Auditorium
• Hollywood Bowl - 18 miles
• Little Tokyo
• Monterey Park (known for Chinese restaurants) - 6 miles
• Arcadia Methodist Hospital - 5 miles
• LA County Arboretum
• Santa Anita Racetrack
WITHIN AN HOUR'S DRIVE TO:
• Disneyland - 39 miles
• Beverly Hills (Rodeo Drive) - 23 miles
• Getty Center - 28 miles
• Knott's Berry Farm - 37 miles
• Universal Studios/Citywalk -
• Sunset Boulevard - 24 miles
• Hollywood and Highland - 18 miles
• Pantages Theater - 18 miles
• LACMA (LA County Museum of Art) - 21 miles
• La Brea Tar Pits - 21 miles
• The Grove (shopping, restaurants) - 18 miles
• Santa Monica and beaches - 27 miles
• Raging Waters - 21 miles
• Burbank Airport (Bob Hope) - 17 miles
• Los Angeles International Airport (LAX) - 29 miles
• Ontario Airport - 35 miles
Somewhere you'd like to know the distance or directions for? Ask and we will find out. Travel times depend on direction of travel and whether or not you are in rush-hour traffic of course - this IS L.A.
Life in Southern California is easiest with a car. Free street parking. Bus lines and Metro Gold Line (Allen Station) are within walking distance to take you anyplace you want to go. Sierra Madre Villa Station is close by where you can park your car and go light rail for the day. We are close to the 110, 210 and 134 freeways.
Other Things to Note
There is a lot of information here, please don't hesitate to ask Host to clarify anything. I'm pretty responsive during waking hours. We love this city and making recommendations about the area. I can help you make a dinner reservation or arrange a catered dinner or lunch on the go. I trained at Le Cordon Bleu Paris, Ritz Escoffier Paris and own a catering company so I love to talk food and wine.
ONLY reserved guests will be allowed to check in.
READ the entire listing, view all the pictures and ask any questions before booking.
AIRBNB prohibits third-party bookings, if you are not going to be staying here you can't make a reservation for anyone else under your personal account.
ANY stay over three weeks long will require a signed rental agreement.
ANYBODY who breaks rules may cause the party to forfeit the reservation plus the security deposit and leave immediately or may be fined $25 per occurrence and/or asked to leave at the host's discretion.
THE RESERVATION KILLERS
NO smoking in the house or anywhere on the property.
NO open flame or excessive noise on the property. I'll make an exception for birthday candles if you share cake.
NO unregistered guests, visitors or animals without prior written permission.
NO Guest/Visitor access to the second floor or areas marked "Private".
NO weapons of any kind are permitted on the property without prior written permission (eg. If you are in town for a fencing match we can make allowances for your sabre when you make your reservation.) And I might ask to borrow it to open a bottle of champagne.
THE THINGS THAT COULD GET EXPENSIVE
NO food or drink (other than water) in the bedroom.
CHECK-IN times are by arrangement between 3PM and 7:00PM. Later check-ins (up until 10PM) can be arranged in special circumstances. $25 fee for check-ins before 3PM or after 10PM and only by prior arrangement. $50 fee for check-ins after midnight and only by prior arrangement.
PLEASE clean up after yourself in any shared area and keep luggage, shoes and wet towels off the furniture, bedspread, etc., thanks!
ETIQUETTE AND THE PRETTY PLEASES
WE are sorry but we can't accommodate any request to have your mail or packages delivered to our listing. And please don't use our address with your car rental company, etc. I am still getting carpool lane violation notices for a former guest and if I'm getting them, he is not.
PLEASE be considerate of our neighbors in all things and park by our house (there's lots of space) and not in front of theirs if you can. Please use our trash cans, not theirs, etc.
PLEASE be judicious about laundry and shower/bath use in our time of drought. And, what the heck, energy too. California thanks you!
From Dec 24, 2015 - Jan 03, 2016 the minimum stay is 2 nights.