About This Listing
San Marco Red Loft apartment is wonderful and totally equipped with a white and beige design pieces of furniture
This elegant apartment, all paved with parquet, is equipped with living room with comfortable double davenport and roomy kitchen with all the accessories: fridge, microwave oven and dishwasher, a double bedroom, a room with bunk bed and two restrooms. The restroom (with windows) is in the tones of black and grey. The additional comforts are satellite Lcd television, air conditioning, hairdryer, toaster, vacuum cleaner and crib for children (upon request). The apartment can host up to 6 persons.
The apartment is located in the heart of Venice, between Campo Sant'Angelo and Campo Manin, in the middle of the peaceful Rio Terà della Mandola, a few steps from the Museum Fortuny. This strategic position allows you to reach by foot in a few minutes the Teatro La Fenice, just 200 meters away, the accademia galleries and St. Mark's Square (500 meters). The famous Rialto Bridge is also just 500 meters away. From the train station and from Piazzale Roma using the public means of transport (vaporetto n. 1 - Sant'Angelo stop, vaporetto n. 2 - Rialto stop) or by aqua taxi or by foot (20 minutes more or less). From Marco Polo Airport the shuttle bus service "Alilaguna" stops at Sant'Angelo or St. Mark's Square.
- ARRIVAL AND DEPARTURE:
Unless otherwise stated in the individual descriptions of the properties, the arrival/departure times are as follows:
Arrival: between 3 PM and 8 PM.
Departure: between 9 AM and 10.30 AM.
Arrival from 8 PM to 11 PM: 20 euros.
Arrival from 11 PM to midnight: 40 euros.
Arrival from Midnight to 3 PM: during this time period, we do not allow guests to check in.
(Luggage deposit can be found at train station at a fee - so please check directly with the relevant locations what the arrangements are).
- TOURIST TAX:
From the 24th of August 2011, all visitors who stay in an accommodation facility within the territory of the Municipality of Venice have to pay the “Tourist tax”.
The overnight tax varies from € 0.75 in low season to € 2.00 in high season. It is due only for the first 5 days.
Kids under 10 years of age do not pay. Youngers from 10 to 16 years of age have a 50% reduction.
The collected funds will help the City improve the quality of the tourist services (services, museums, events...) and finance works aimed at maintaining, using and salvaging the city’s cultural and architectural heritage.
Extras that can be ordered upon request and prior to or during arrival (but please give us as much notice as possible):
A baby cot: €10
During your stay, you can require an extra cleaning: from €50 to €70
Private parking upon request: €25 per day
Our host's representative met us as promised at the San't Angelo vaporetto stop and walked us over to the apartment and showed us how things worked.
The apartment was reasonable-sized (especially for Venice) and in a great location. All the things we expected (appliances, wi-fi, towels etc) were there. We really enjoyed our stay there.
Note that while there are not many stairs, the stairs are quite steep and with young kids and luggage it was a little bit challenging to get the stairs navigated
We did have a small glitch with the wi-fi but rebooting the router fixed the issue.
Experience was very positive. Host was in constant contact before our trip, and even came to meet us in a place that was not our pre-determined location. Very good customer service - could not have been better in my opinion.
Location was perfect - close to everything you'd need to see in Venice. Can't say much else other than that!
Apartment was in good shape. The description does say that it sleeps six which I think is an exaggeration because it really only sleeps four. There is one queen/king sized bed (2), two bunk beds (2), and a pull-out sofa. The pull-out sofa "accommodates" two people, but it does not "sleep" two people as the mattress is very worn and offers absolutely no support. We ended up moving the 1.5- or 2-inch thick mattress to the floor and slept on the floor for our visit. I guess it would have been fine for two small, very light-weight children, but it was terribly uncomfortable for adults. It's just not a bed in any sense of the word - and I'm usually okay with pull out sofa beds. Because we were only there for two nights we did not contact the host so, to their credit, they were not given an opportunity to make our stay more comfortable. Based on the other experience I had with them, I think they would have done whatever they could to help, but we did not think it necessary to complain for just two short nights.
It was a great few days in Venice. The apartment we got was quite new and modern. The location was quite good as well to find food and groceries.
The assistant who helped us get to the hotel was really helpful, showed us where and when to visit certain sights.
- Good wifi
- Good location
- Value for money!
- Hot water, working fridge, microwave
- Sleeps 6 fairly comfortably (the sofa bed is not the most comfortable. but we just slept 1 person on the couch and 1 person on the sofa bed's mattress and that worked out better)
- Stefano was very nice to wait for us at the vaporetto station for an extended period of time because we were late (see below)
- Poor communication within the company: I was given the contact details of Jessica, who was supposed to meet me. However, turns out Stefano was sent to receive me. My flight got delayed and I emailed to change the meeting time 2 days before I arrived and got no reply. I emailed on the day itself and called Jessica and received no reply. I only got a call from poor Stefano who was waiting for us and had to re-arrange a time with him - Thank you Stefano!
- Stove and TV did not work
- No water boiler
- On the day we checked out, there were men at the door who asked to enter the apartment. They said they were not from Faville tours so we did not want to let them in. We shut the door but left them sitting at the stairwell - it seemed like they were workers sent to fix the building? They had keys to many of the apartments. This is not really a con, but it was a little terrifying and we were uncertain of what to do (they did not speak English)
La posizione della casa è ottima, la casa pulita e molto calda.
1) televisione non funzionante e tecnico che non si è mai presentato per ripararla (spero solo perché era la settimana dell'ultimo dell'anno)
2) detersivi, spugnette, scopa, pastiglie per la lavastoviglie non disponibili: abbiamo dovuto acquistare tutto (soprattutto trovare un supermercato aperto visto che si trattava dell'ultimo/primo dell'anno)
3) carta igienica in dotazione: due rotoli già iniziati per 5 persone per 3 giorni mi sembra un po' poco...
Zur Schlüsselübergabe kam die Gastgeberin 15 min zu spät. Sie informierte uns jedoch telefonisch. Das Appartement ist sehr zentral und auch ruhig gelegen. Die Ausstattung ist gut und das Mobiliar - bis auf wenige Ausnahmen - neuwertig. In unmittelbarer Nachbarschaft befinden sich sehr gute Kaffees und gute Restaurants (Vaporetto!). Die Rialtobrücke und der Markusplatz sind innerhalb von 10 min zu Fuß erreichbar. Das Appartement ist sehr empfehlenswert!
This host has 1032 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Faville Tours
Hi! We are the team of Faville Tours, travel agency that offers beautiful apartments in the most prestigious European cities.
We have a wide choice of apartments, all in the city center and some only minutes walking. Booking with us is easy and safe and we offer help and immediate actions on any doubts or questions, we’ll never leave you alone! With us you can book also excursions, trips and guided sightseeing, receive information or help about transport information and be able to rely on us for help and assistance during your stay.
Contact us here on Airbnb!