***Super Special 50% Discount - Exclusively for Winter 2014 and Early-Bookings for 2015 only 59 Euros per night (for 2ppl), no hidden fees***
Ideal apartment in the one of the best Athenian neighborhoods (Plaka/Syntagma) walking distance from all the places you want to see during your visit in the capital of Greece.
- Comfortably fitting 4 persons in 2 separate bedrooms with full privacy, the apartment now also has a brand new TV, a new music system where you can plug your phone or laptop and an updated bathroom with a Cabin to make showering more comfortable than with ordinary shower curtains.
APARTMENT DETAILS & AMENITIES
The Apartment is located on the 3rd interior floor. Although very central, the building and the apartment are supremely quiet, allowing you to enjoy a perfect sleep.
It can accommodate up to 4 people. 2 couples or a family can easily stay with full privacy. The apartment has 2 cosy bedrooms.
Our apartment offers maximum security as it has an extra safe door and the building also has an exterior automatic door which opens with a remote control after 21:00 only for residents.
There is fast & reliable WiFi available.
There are also 2 air-conditions installed to ensure perfect internal temperature in the Summer and the Winter.
You can pick up and drop-off the keys of the apartment 24/7.
Check-in and out times are flexible unless we have other guests in or out. In that case check in time is from 14:00 onwards and check out time is at 12:00 in order to have time to prepare the apartment.
Interaction with Guests
We interact with our guests as much as they want us to. We are always available, either by email, phone, whats app or viber. We love travelling, food, culture and nice cocktails so we love providing ideas for things to do in Athens. If we are not around, our trusted taxi driver or our trusted cleaning lady are always around to run some errands.
Stay in one of the best & safest areas of Athens, and walk everywhere.
- Acropolis Museum
- Platia Karitsi Bar neighborhood
- Ermou Shopping Street
They are ALL within walking distance, from 1 MINUTE away to a maximum of 15 minutes.
The safest area of Athens, in a lively neighborhood with everything open 24/7.
Walk less than a minute and get the metro, taxi or bus!
Nearest Metro: Syntagma Square
Just 40 minutes from the airport by Metro, with rides going every 30 minutes, directly to the apartment.
Also, 30 minutes from Piraeus by Metro, your escape port to the Greek islands.
1) It is a house rule that you enjoy your visit in Athens! :)
2) Please treat everything with love, as if it was your own!
3) Upon check-out, please leave the apartment in the same shape as you received it. You do not need to do the floors, but the essentials like for example, tidy everything up, do the dishes, etc.
4) Please do not leave the warm water switch on for more than 1 hour
5) Please do not leave the air-con on when you are out of the apartment
Thank you so much, Sarah & Tony, for helping us to feel welcome in your wonderful city! We loved our stay and your apt. was clean and had plenty of space for us. The location was just as described, and as our daughter exclaimed: It's right in the middle of everything we want to do and see!
One of my favorite memories was each time coming 'home' to the fragrance of the flowers which lined the marble hallway from the street entrance to the stairs. The florist always warmly greeted us.
The place felt secure as there were two locked gates late at night.
The beds were comfortable and the kitchen was all we needed to make Greek coffee in the morning and heat up occasional snacks. We didn't need to cook since just steps away one can find some of the finest food at truly affordable prices! From the street venders to the cafes to great restaurants, this is an excellent location for that and walking distance to the Acropolis, the museums (we only had time for 4), the Agora, and so much more. The metro is close for any further travel. Although we had a sister-in-law who is a native Athenian, Sarah and Tony made sure to let us know they would be happy to help with our visit. There are small grocers and pharmacies and liquor stores, never mind bakeries and chocolatiers galore! We stayed 8 days and for the price it is amazing!
Our reason for leaving only 4 stars is that to truly make it totally private, there would be doors on each of the rooms used as bedrooms. There is a door separating the master bedroom, bathroom and kitchen areas from the entry, dining room and sitting room(used as second bedroom), but this does not provide full privacy if desired. It's great however for a couple or family of 4.
The only other thing that might be important to someone staying for a period of time is that all of the windows open inward toward the building itself, offering no views.
The help with the taxi at 3;30 am was essential and so appreciated as well. He was the nicest taxi man we encountered.
We fully recommend this place to a couple or family and think that the neighborhood is the perfect place from which to explore the heart of Athens.
The accommodation is misrepresented in the photos. There is only one bedroom which doesn't have a door. The sitting room was set up as a bedroom when we stayed, so useless to us. The kitchen does not have a cooker, only a microwave and two electric rings balanced on top. The shower doors don't fully close. To get into the building you have to go through a gate max one metre square. On the plus side the location is good and the flat was clean.
Sue, we are truly sorry if your experience was not as good as all our previous guests have described in the reviews below. We are dedicated to offering an amazing stay to all our Airbnb guests and we take feedback incredibly seriously.
We are always available to our guests and ask them during their stay if things are going well and if there is anything we can do for them. Unfortunately in your case we did not receive any message from you during your stay and thus we did not have the opportunity to improve your experience while you were here.
Here's our sincere response to your points:
- You mention that the accommodation is misrepresented in the photos. The photos are taken from an official Airbnb photographer and are verified by Airbnb, so they represent the apartment 100% as previous reviewers have also mentioned.
- You mention that the apartment has one bedroom. The apartment has 2 main areas which are separated by a door. One area is the main bedroom and its en-suite closet and the other area is the dining room and the secondary bedroom which is comprised by a sofa bed. This area can be used as a living room if the apartment is used only by 2 ppl. In between the 2 areas is the kitchen and the bathroom which are accessible by both areas. Most of our guests are groups of 4 people and prefer to use the apartment as a 2 bedroom apartment. We are sorry we had set up the sofa bed as a bed in your case as we did not know you were going to be just 2 ppl. Nevertheless, the sofabed is easily changed into a sofa with just 2 moves and the cleaning lady (or yourselves) could had done that in a second if we only knew you needed it. Unfortunately we did not hear from you during your stay.
- We are unsure what you mean by a cooker (an oven maybe?). The kitchen is basic but it is exactly as shown in the photos. We have sent a questionnaire to our previous guests and the majority of them said the kitchen was adequate for the duration of their stay.
- Regarding the shower doors, indeed, they were not closing by just a few centimetres but we have now fixed two screws that had loosened up and they are now working properly. We are very sorry if this caused any problems to you.
- Regarding the entry to the building, there is an additional door at the entrance of the building which closes at night and you can open using the remote control. If you do not wish to use the remote control you can use the emergency door which is indeed rather short but we are not sure why you used the secondary door and not the main door.
Again, we are sorry your experience was not as great as our previous guests had and we are at your disposal to further discuss your feedback and improve ourselves.
We had a great experience staying at such a wonderful flat! It was exactly as described and exceeded our expectations! The location was perfect, even the nice Egyptian man in the flower shop was so helpful! Loved the place, would stay again on our next trip to Greece!
Sensationelle Lage mitten in Athen. Tolle Wohnung, die genau der Beschreibung entspricht!
Tony was great and the apartment was exactly as described. It was spacious, clean and welcoming. I would suggest using this place if all you are looking for is a good place to sleep. The apartment is located in an awesome location and we felt very spoilt for choice with all the shops and entertainment around us.
It's a tidy and cozy apartment with excellent location. We really enjoyed the stay in Athens.
The house is located in a very nice place which is very convenient for tourists or backpackers to walk to famous tourist sites.
The rooms are big and beds are soft; it is a nice house to live in.
This host has 85 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Hey! We are Sarah & Tony! Thanks for checking out our listings in Greece with over 100 great reviews :)
We are so excited to be AIRBNB SUPERHOSTS :) We love travelling and understand what a traveller needs along the way, this is why we make our apartments work for you. We really enjoy giving ideas and tips about traveling so feel free to ask us anything about your trip to Greece!
We are both avid scuba divers, and owners of a Kite Surfing School in Greece. Sarah ia also an archaelogist.