About this listing
Our home is a place of peace within walking distance from the center of Menaggio, the starting point for the ferry to visit Lake Como.
From every windows you can see the lake
Perfect for a romantic honeymoon dream
We can organize romantic dinner
Romantic double bedroom (216 ft²)with external independent access and lake view, situated in an old house completely restructured in 2011, surrounded by a great forest, but strategically located near the lake and near the center of Menaggio, to be reached on foot with a comfortable walk.
Private bathroom ensuite and a beautiful private terrace with table and chairs where you can have a great glass of wine enjoying the breathtaking view of the lake.
Are available fridge and free Wi-Fi until 2GB.
We can organize romantic dinner
Accommodation is reached by an external staircase not recommended for those with walking difficulties.
Menaggio, besides offering nice stores, restaurants and the lido with a swimming pool, is also the departure point for ferries to Bellagio, Varenna, Tremezzo and Como.
Parking is located outside the house and another free one is just near the lake. In front of the house, there is a naval port where it is possible to rent a boat. A few minutes away, there is possibility of rock climbing.
Just a few meters from the house, you’ll find a bus that connect Como to Colico. For the lovers of golf, to few miles, there is the "golf club Menaggio & Cadenabbia", one of the most ancient golf courses in Europe.
*In case the suite is not available, it is also possible to rent an attic with lake view, located one floor up. You can check the price at Airbnb under "romantic attic front lake Como".
The guests will have access to the all the area outside: garden, area relax with deckchairs, gazebo .....
Interaction with Guests
Guests have their independence but my husband and I are at their disposal for any help, advice or to book a restaurant .......
I think my neighborhood is nice because is surrounded by greenery but quite and a few steps walk from the center of Menaggio.
Out my property there is a free parking and you can find the bus stop C10 Como- Colico.
Other Things to Note
1. No smoking inside, but you can smoke on the terrace.
2. No pets allowed
3. Apartment must be left in the same condition as you find it, except for normal usage and cleaning. Guest agrees to pay for the replacement of any missing, damaged and/or broken items (for example: cushions, artwork, kitchenware, linens, towels, damage due to smoke), new lock in case the key is lost.
4. Taking care of turning off lights when you don't need it.
5. There will not be any refund in case of flight delays, cancellations or emergency situations.
6. A ID necessary at the arrival for registration and disclosure to the authorities.
7. In case after your arrival you’d find something that seems inadequate (e.g., something broken/missing/cleanliness etc), please contact me immediately so that I can resolve the issue. If you do not contact me immediately, I will assume that everything is fine and therefore will be unable to resolve the issue.
In this case, no refund will be offered at a later date.
8. Guest agrees that he/she will not use this apartment to engage in illegal activity or to behave in an anti-social manner.
9. The guest agrees not to throw loud parties or engage in other acts that could cause damage to the property or cause disturbance to my neighbours.
Failure to comply with this may result in the immediate exclusion of the guest without any compensation for any future rental.
10. We normally give one set of keys to the guest. Please do not give out these keys to any other person.
11. Italy has no home-garbage collection service. Instead garbage containers are located in the street in front of police station. No garbage is to be left at the accommodation and it is expected that garbage is disposed at the containers.
11. Price includes linen, towels and ordinary cleanings (it excludes therefore cleaning dishes, taking out the garbage and empty bottles, advanced food etc.
In case that one of the above should be left undone, further expense for extra cleaning will be asked).
12. Price does not include "visitors tax" of 1 euro per person per day.
13. Are available bikes and Free wifi until 2 GB, the surplus will be required to pay 20 euro for a further 2 gigabytes.
It must be informed in advance of their arrival time to organize the reception.
If you have other specific needs, please don’t hesitate to ask me, and I’ll do everything to satisfy your needs.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
The view is to die for & Paola is extremely kind & helpful. It's around 10minutes walk into Menaggio & we appreciated Paola's advice re: ferries, things to do & restaurants. Grazie mille.
Paola et Stefano sont très accueillants, ils nous ont donné beaucoup de conseils pour les visites autour du lac. La chambre est vraiment mignonne, décorée avec goût, et la vue sur le lac, avec son petit balcon, est superbe. L'environnement est calme (un peu à l'écart du centre-ville) et reposant. Parfait pour un séjour en amoureux !
What a lovely host and beautiful location!!
We have just arrived back from a wonderful holiday in Menaggio, Lake Como. We were greeted on arrival by Paola who came across very friendly, warm and kind. The location of the house is very beautiful and quiet. Although there are quite a few steps up to the house it is worth it when you see the view-stunning! Paola gave us tips and recommendations for places to go and visit/eat out when we arrived which was very sweet of her and of great use. The room is bright and pretty. The bed is very comfortable and the shower is powerful! It was lovely to have our own balcony and sit every night with a glass of wine and cheese! There were bikes we could borrow to cycle into Menaggio which we did most days but it's also a lovely 15min walk. Paola also has a great wine cellar with delicious wines-definitely recommend them and good price too. There was a fridge in our room too which was handy. Only down side to the trip was that we weren't there for longer! Will definitely be back.
Paola and Stefano were very welcoming hosts. We did not arrive at the apartment until very late due to car rental issues, and they were both very friendly and helpful upon our arrival. We did not see them again during our stay, but Paola was in touch throughout to ensure everything was going ok. The views of Lake Como are quite simply stunning. The apartment had everything we needed and was a very comfortable space. Sitting out on the balcony of an evening watching the world go by in that part of the world is just sublime. The location is great, as well as being very peaceful, the apartment sits just outside of Menaggio, but only a short walk and you are in the town centre. We were only there for 3 nights but loved every minute and found it very hard to leave. We would happily recommend a stay with Paola and Stefano :)
The location was excellent, just outside of Menaggio, yet only a 10 minute walk away, and was very quite and peaceful location :)
Lovely room, great view, wonderful balcony!
The best experience is probably the view on the lake from your bed in the morning!
The room is at walking distance from the centre of Menaggio! A perfect departure point to enjoy great days at the lake Como!
We received from our hosts a lot of useful and orignal info and addresses.
The place is not cheap, but we would for sure recommend it!
This airbnb rocks. Waking up with the view of the lake straight out from the foot of your bed will be a priceless experience.
Paola is also very sweet and easy to communicate with. If you are nice she will show you the cave below her home as well :)
Paola was wonderful and immediately made me feel at home. There is a climb to the house but the amazing view is totally worth it! Make use of the bicycles provided for a very quick ride to town. The ride became a highlight of the trip!
Oh...and don't forget to sample wine from Paola's cellar. It's great!
Menaggio is quiet and cozy. Access to the other villages was a breeze. I plan on going back soon. Highly recommended!
This host has 111 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Paola
Ciao siamo Paola e Stefano quando ospitiamo vogliamo che tutti si sentano come a casa loro, ma coccolati...
Hello we are Paola and Stefano, when we host we want everyone to feel pampered.
We love traveling, playing sports and cooking, in fact we have a real passion for Italian food and wine.
Visit us and your holiday on Lake Como will remain in your heart.