About This Listing
Our home is a place of peace within walking distance from the center of Menaggio, the starting point for the ferry to visit Lake Como.
From every windows you can see the lake
Perfect for a romantic honeymoon dream
We can organize romantic dinner
Romantic double bedroom (216 ft²)with external independent access and lake view, situated in an old house completely restructured in 2011, surrounded by a great forest, but strategically located near the lake and near the center of Menaggio, to be reached on foot with a comfortable walk.
Private bathroom ensuite and a beautiful private terrace with table and chairs where you can have a great glass of wine enjoying the breathtaking view of the lake.
Are available fridge and free Wi-Fi until 2GB.
We can organize romantic dinner
Accommodation is reached by an external staircase not recommended for those with walking difficulties.
Menaggio, besides offering nice stores, restaurants and the lido with a swimming pool, is also the departure point for ferries to Bellagio, Varenna, Tremezzo and Como.
Parking is located outside the house and another free one is just near the lake. In front of the house, there is a naval port where it is possible to rent a boat. A few minutes away, there is possibility of rock climbing.
Just a few meters from the house, you’ll find a bus that connect Como to Colico. For the lovers of golf, to few miles, there is the "golf club Menaggio & Cadenabbia", one of the most ancient golf courses in Europe.
*In case the suite is not available, it is also possible to rent an attic with lake view, located one floor up. You can check the price at Airbnb under "romantic attic front lake Como".
The guests will have access to the all the area outside: garden, area relax with deckchairs, gazebo .....
Interaction with Guests
Guests have their independence but my husband and I are at their disposal for any help, advice or to book a restaurant .......
I think my neighborhood is nice because is surrounded by greenery but quite and a few steps walk from the center of Menaggio.
Out my property there is a free parking and you can find the bus stop C10 Como- Colico.
Other Things to Note
1. No smoking inside, but you can smoke on the terrace.
2. No pets allowed
3. Apartment must be left in the same condition as you find it, except for normal usage and cleaning. Guest agrees to pay for the replacement of any missing, damaged and/or broken items (for example: cushions, artwork, kitchenware, linens, towels, damage due to smoke), new lock in case the key is lost.
4. Taking care of turning off lights when you don't need it.
5. There will not be any refund in case of flight delays, cancellations or emergency situations.
6. A ID necessary at the arrival for registration and disclosure to the authorities.
7. In case after your arrival you’d find something that seems inadequate (e.g., something broken/missing/cleanliness etc), please contact me immediately so that I can resolve the issue. If you do not contact me immediately, I will assume that everything is fine and therefore will be unable to resolve the issue.
In this case, no refund will be offered at a later date.
8. Guest agrees that he/she will not use this apartment to engage in illegal activity or to behave in an anti-social manner.
9. The guest agrees not to throw loud parties or engage in other acts that could cause damage to the property or cause disturbance to my neighbours.
Failure to comply with this may result in the immediate exclusion of the guest without any compensation for any future rental.
10. We normally give one set of keys to the guest. Please do not give out these keys to any other person.
11. Italy has no home-garbage collection service. Instead garbage containers are located in the street in front of police station. No garbage is to be left at the accommodation and it is expected that garbage is disposed at the containers.
11. Price includes linen, towels and ordinary cleanings (it excludes therefore cleaning dishes, taking out the garbage and empty bottles, advanced food etc.
In case that one of the above should be left undone, further expense for extra cleaning will be asked).
12. Price does not include "visitors tax" of 1 euro per person per day.
13. Are available bikes and Free wifi until 2 GB, the surplus will be required to pay 20 euro for a further 2 gigabytes.
It must be informed in advance of their arrival time to organize the reception.
If you have other specific needs, please don’t hesitate to ask me, and I’ll do everything to satisfy your needs.
Thanks for taking the time to read this.
Paola was wonderful and immediately made me feel at home. There is a climb to the house but the amazing view is totally worth it! Make use of the bicycles provided for a very quick ride to town. The ride became a highlight of the trip!
Oh...and don't forget to sample wine from Paola's cellar. It's great!
Menaggio is quiet and cozy. Access to the other villages was a breeze. I plan on going back soon. Highly recommended!
Paola and Stefano are very pleasant people and were lovely hosts. The suite was as described and had a great view of the lake which made the 100 step climb well worth the effort. Our hosts cooked us a wonderful authentic Italian meal one evening for €35 pp which was beautifully prepared and presented in the garden/terrace area. Mennagio has plenty of restaurants serving great food & wine (a few we enjoyed were the restaurant under Hotel Garni Corona and Il Pozzo both situated in the main square and also La Grotta (I think that's what it was called) just before you reach the main centre.
Don't be put off by the walk to & from Mennagio you will be grateful for the exercise as the food, wine & gelato are plentiful.
Thank you Paola & Stefano we had a wonderful week.
Mark & Mandy
Liebe Carla, lieber Stefano
Wir durften drei Nächte bei euch übernachten und es hat uns sehr gut gefallen. Ihr habt wirklich ein kleines Paradies geschaffen an einem wunderschönen See. Ein sehr gepflegtes Grundstück, sehr saubere Zimmer mit viel Liebe zum Detail eingerichtet.
Wir wurden sehr herzlich begrüsst und bein einem Kaffee habt ihr uns wertvolle Tipps gegeben was Transportmittel anbelangt und was es alles an sehenswertes in der Umgebung gibt. Mit den 10 Gehminuten bis Menaggio haben wir zuerst nicht gerechnet, aber dies war machbar. Vermisst haben wir bis auf einen guten Kaffee nach dem Aufstehen am Morgen nichts.
Herzlichen Dank für alles.
Paola was a great host. Her apartment was very clean with a great view of lake como. There is transportation but it takes a while. Boats are available to travel from one island to another. Paola made a great recommendation for a restaurant. It was amazing.
Thank you again for everything.
Paola and Stefano made us feel extremely welcome as soon as we arrived. They gave us lots of tips and recommendations for things to do while we there which really helped us enjoy our 4 days in Menaggio and the surrounding towns. The room was clean and very comfortable with all amenities (fridge, hairdryer, kettle) included. The view from the balcony is incredible and we spent every evening and morning sitting on it looking out over the lake. The location is also fantastic, just a short walk from Menaggio.
Paola not only collected me from the bus terminal , even carried my heaviest suitcase up and down the 107 steps it took to get to my room with a view! Very kind and arranged for a neighbour to carry that suitcase down to the road level on my final day because she was not going to be there.
First appearances ... very pretty. I suggested by email to Paola that perhaps increase the bedside lighting from one small lamp to two larger lamps for those who may want to read at night. Also the addition of a decent sized mirror would be a good idea.
View was amazing and apartment was 10 minutes walk from town, convenient to a supermarket, restaurants, etc..
I was able to purchase a bottle of wine from cellar which was delightful..
A broom and dustpan would also be appreciated as I was there for 5 days.
Wifi connection VERY erratic.
This host has 104 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Paola
Ciao siamo Paola e Stefano quando ospitiamo vogliamo che tutti si sentano come a casa loro, ma coccolati...
Hello we are Paola and Stefano, when we host we want everyone to feel pampered.
We love traveling, playing sports and cooking, in fact we have a real passion for Italian food and wine.
Visit us and your holiday on Lake Como will remain in your heart.