About This Listing
Chic Back Bay private apt in heart of Back Bay - incl hot daily brunch (you supply the chef) :), unlimited use of laptop with WiFi, flatscreen HD TV with 200 channels + Netflix, landline phone & welcome cocktail! 5 min walk to Copley train station.
View from the apartment (you'll be right on historic Marlborough St. in the heart of the Back Bay!).
Not your standard cookie-cutter hotel room, this chic Back Bay apartment includes hot daily brunch (you supply the chef) :), unlimited use of laptop with WiFi, flatscreen HD TV with 200 cable channels, landline phone for unlimited calls within the US and Canada (answering machine also provided) and a welcome cocktail!
Why stay at a hotel when you can have the true Boston experience and live like a local?! Feel at home, while you're away from home, living on the parlor level (1/2 floor up from ground) of a traditional Marlborough St. brownstone in the heart (Marlborough St. between Exeter & Fairfield) of Boston's historic Back Bay. Safe, quiet neighborhood, considered to be one of the most beautiful in Boston, with true New England charm.
Note: This vacation rental has a maximum occupancy of two adults (sorry, no children). (It's a very quiet building that is unfortunately not very child friendly.)
Included in your stay are the following:
* HOT BREAKFAST (pancakes - please help yourself to frozen berries to add to your pancakes, eggs, french toast, waffles, cereal, toast, pb & j, oj, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc... you just supply the chef!)
* LAPTOP with WiFi
* TRAVEL GUIDES & MAPS: Fodor's Boston, Boston Zagat Restaurant Guide, Laminated City Map, Transit Guide/Map, New England Map, AMC hiking guide books, Boston/New England picture books, White Pages, Yellow Pages, etc.
* WELCOME DRINK! :) Start your vacation off right with a Cosmo/Margarita/Cape Codder or two upon your arrival! :) (alcohol, martini set, etc. provided).
* PROFESSIONAL CLEANING: The apartment is professionally cleaned by a (third party) housekeeping service prior to each visit.
* 40' HIGH-DEFINITION FLAT SCREEN PLASMA TV with over 200 channels. DVD player also provided as well as a selection of DVD movies.
* MAGAZINES: recent issues of US Weekly and Time magazines.
* COMFY queen-sized bed (upgraded to a queen in March 2013) - NOTE: the bed has been moved away from the wall so now both people can get in/out of bed easily) :)
* BATHROBES so u can feel right at home!
There is a 3-night minimum. If the calendar shows your selected dates as available, you can simply go ahead and send a reservation request (it's not necessary to email first to confirm dates). Dates that are not available have been blocked out. The apartment is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Other apartment amenities include:
- PARLOR-LEVEL, STREET-FACING APARTMENT with a great view of Marlborough St.
- HIGH CEILINGS
- TOILETRIES - Leave your checked bag at home! Available for your use are the following: shampoo/conditioner, soap, shower gel, body lotion, toothpaste, Q-tips, blow dryer, flat iron, shoe shine kit, sewing kit, first aid kit, etc. (help yourself to whatever you can find)
- MINI BEACH CHAIRS that you can take to the Commons or the Charles to sit out and read/people watch. :) (behind the kitchen island)
- Stereo with iPod Deck
- Decorative FIREPLACE (Note: there is no flue, so you might want to open the windows if you light a lot of candles)
- AIR MATTRESS for use free-of-charge with auto-inflat/deflat (in case you'd like to use it, it is on the kitchen closet)
- AIR CONDITIONING UNIT (in the summer) & HEAT (space heater plus central heat in the colder months)
- MICROWAVE, TOASTER OVEN, COFFEE MAKER, IRON/IRONING BOARD (behind the kitchen island), CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN, clothes steamer, pots/pans, Brita water filter, alarm clock.
- Also, feel free to help yourself to spices, condiments, cooking oils, etc.
- CONTROLLED ENTRY to building (VERY SAFE!)
- Studio apartment with French doors separating kitchen (i.e. there is not a separate bedroom)
- Parking is not included
- AT & T mobile phones do not get much reception in the apartment (1 or 2 bars at best).
Interaction with Guests
This is an entirely PRIVATE APARTMENT (with private bath and kitchen) which you will have all to yourself (not a room in a shared apartment/home). There's no curfew and you don't have to make small talk with strangers! :) Plus it's all yours while your there - I never stop by unannounced.
I will mail you a set of keys in advance of your stay, so you late check-ins are never a problem! :)
During your stay, you'll be within short walking distance of:
- Open air cafes, restaurants and bars (the heart of the Back Bay shopping/restaurant district is just a couple 2 blocks south)
- Charles River - great for walking/jogging (2 blocks north)
- Boston Commons (Boston's version of Central Park) (about a 15-20min walk east)
- Copley Square (5-10min walk away)
- The "T" (Boston's subway - "Copley" station) (5-10min walk) NOTE: You can easily get from the airport to the apartment by the T (directions will be sent when a reservation is made).
- Amtrak ("Back Bay" station)(10-15min walk)
- Prudential Shopping Center (5 min walk)
- Hynes Convention Center (5 min walk)
- Grocery stores (Shaw's & Trader Joe's)(10-15min walk)
- Pharmacies (CVS is just 2 blocks away & Walgreens is about a 5-10min walk away)
There is definitely no need for a car if you are staying in the city as everything you'll want to see is within walking, T (train) or short cab ride distance. Zipcars and rental cars are also available in the Back Bay for day trips (e.g. Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Killington, Crane Beach (near Ipswich), Newburyport, Rockport, etc.)
Walking distance to all of the popular districts (Back Bay shopping/restaurant district, Copley Square, Charles River, Boston Commons, South End, etc.) and historic sites (State House, Fanueil Hall, Freedom Trail, etc.) in Boston. The apartment just a few blocks away from the Boston Marathon finish line and a short walk (1 mile) to Fenway Park.
Only a 5 min walk to the Copley "T" (train) station and about a 10 min walk to the Amtrak station.
Parking lots are available nearby for approx. $20-30/day.
- No smoking.
- Please close the curtains at night.
- Maximum of 2 people
- Sorry, no children. (I love kids, but this is a very quiet building. It's all young professionals and there are no kids living in the building. Not to mention my neighbors can be pretty quick to complain.)
- Please be quiet and respectful of others in the building (no loud music/tv, try not to walk in heels on the hardwood floors, etc.)
- Please dispose of baby wipes and/or tampons in the waste basket, not in the toilet. (the pipes are old and clog easily – last time baby wipes had to be removed from the pipes, the plumbing bill was $250!).
Kim was a fantastic hostess. She corresponded quickly and clearly, which was a great help since I requested the apartment at the last minute. Directions to the apartment were clear. The apartment was spotless and beautifully appointed. The bathroom is snug for a large person but completely functional. The fridge and bar were better stocked than anyplace I've stayed. The bed was comfy. The building was quiet. The location is fantastic: safe, interesting, close to newbury st for shopping and restaurants (great tapas at tapeo btw). Good jogging along the Charles. Kim was clearly invested in me having a great experience, and I am very grateful!
This was my first airbnb experience. Kim was a wonderful host and did everything to make me feel welcome. She was very quick to respond and very personable in all of her communication. She send me a very detailed apartment and neighborhood guide, which I used throughout my stay. The location of the apartment is absolutely brilliant and close to all that I love about Boston.
The apartment was exactly as described and just fantastically located (I was attending a conference at the Hynes Convention Center). The bed was very comfy. The wi-fi was good & easy to connect to. Kim had left eggs, cream and OJ in the fridge, with bagels and other pastries in the freezer. Coffee & tea also easy to do in the kitchen (a Keurig machine, if that's your thing or little filter if you prefer). Nice, compact set-up for cooking yourself dinner and with Trader Joe's close by we did this while we were there. We didn't use the TV or laptop, so I can't comment on those.
Kim was really communicative & helpful and provided us with all the information we required. She was also on-call for check-in and -out, which was unnecessary as both were easy.
There are a bunch of really good places within walking distance. I can recommend Pavement for coffee, LA Burdick for hot chocolate (amazing, but super-rich), Salty Pig (slightly further away) for great pizza & antipasti, Beantown Pho for Thai & Vietnamese (not AMAZING, but good, which was just what we wanted for the price). I wouldn't bother with Coda (also slightly further away though walkable; mediocre & overpriced cocktail).
Kim was very welcoming and the apartment was exceptional (and fun) apartment in a location that can't be beat. I would highly recommend this vacation rental and will definitely be staying there again in the future. Thanks Kim it was a perfect stay. We loved the arrival cocktail.
About the Host, Kim
Proud mom to an almost 3 year old girl (yep, that's her in my profile photo on not one of her better days). Also an avid runner, world traveler (pre-baby) :), SCUBA diver, animal lover, hiker and outdoor enthusiast.