Not your standard cookie-cutter hotel room, this chic Back Bay apartment includes hot daily brunch (you supply the chef) :), unlimited use of laptop with WiFi, flatscreen HD TV with 200 cable channels, landline phone for unlimited calls within the US and Canada (answering machine also provided) and a welcome cocktail!
Why stay at a hotel when you can have the true Boston experience and live like a local?! Feel at home, while you're away from home, living in a traditional Marlborough St. brownstone in the heart (Marlborough St. between Exeter & Fairfield) of Boston's historic Back Bay. Safe, quiet neighborhood, considered to be one of the most beautiful in Boston, with true New England charm.
Included in your stay are the following:
* HOT BREAKFAST (pancakes - please help yourself to frozen berries to add to your pancakes, eggs, french toast, waffles, cereal, toast, pb & j, oj, coffee, tea, hot cocoa, etc... you just supply the chef!)
* LAPTOP with WiFi
* TRAVEL GUIDES & MAPS: Fodor's Boston, Boston Zagat Restaurant Guide, Laminated City Map, Transit Guide/Map, New England Map, AMC hiking guide books, Boston/New England picture books, White Pages, Yellow Pages, etc.
* WELCOME DRINK! :) Start your vacation off right with a Cosmo/Margarita/Cape Codder or two upon your arrival! :) (alcohol, martini set, etc. provided).
* PROFESSIONAL CLEANING: The apartment is professionally cleaned by a (third party) housekeeping service prior to each visit.
* 40' HIGH-DEFINITION FLAT SCREEN PLASMA TV with over 200 channels. DVD player also provided as well as a selection of DVD movies.
* MAGAZINES: recent issues of US Weekly and Time magazines.
* COMFY queen-sized bed (upgraded to a queen in March 2013) - NOTE: the bed has been moved away from the wall so now both people can get in/out of bed easily) :)
* BATHROBES so u can feel right at home!
There is a 3-night minimum. If the calendar shows your selected dates as available, you can simply go ahead and send a reservation request (it's not necessary to email first to confirm dates). Dates that are not available have been blocked out. The apartment is available on a first-come, first-served basis.
Other apartment amenities include:
- PARLOR-LEVEL, STREET-FACING APARTMENT with a great view of Marlborough St.
- HIGH CEILINGS
- TOILETRIES - Leave your checked bag at home! Available for your use are the following: shampoo/conditioner, soap, shower gel, body lotion, toothpaste, Q-tips, blow dryer, flat iron, shoe shine kit, sewing kit, first aid kit, etc. (help yourself to whatever you can find)
- MINI BEACH CHAIRS that you can take to the Commons or the Charles to sit out and read/people watch. :) (behind the kitchen island)
- Stereo with iPod Deck
- Decorative FIREPLACE (Note: there is no flue, so you might want to open the windows if you light a lot of candles)
- AIR MATTRESS for use free-of-charge with auto-inflat/deflat (in case you'd like to use it, it is on the kitchen closet)
- AIR CONDITIONING UNIT (in the summer) & HEAT (space heater plus central heat in the colder months)
- MICROWAVE, TOASTER OVEN, COFFEE MAKER, IRON/IRONING BOARD (behind the kitchen island), CHOCOLATE FOUNTAIN, clothes steamer, pots/pans, Brita water filter, alarm clock.
- Also, feel free to help yourself to spices, condiments, cooking oils, etc.
- CONTROLLED ENTRY to building (VERY SAFE!)
- Studio apartment with French doors separating kitchen (i.e. there is not a separate bedroom)
- Parking is not included
- AT & T mobile phones do not get much reception in the apartment (1 or 2 bars at best).
This is an entirely PRIVATE APARTMENT (with private bath and kitchen) which you will have all to yourself (not a room in a shared apartment/home). There's no curfew and you don't have to make small talk with strangers! :) Plus it's all yours while your there - I never stop by unannounced.
I will mail you a set of keys in advance of your stay, so you late check-ins are never a problem! :)
During your stay, you'll be within short walking distance of:
- Open air cafes, restaurants and bars (the heart of the Back Bay shopping/restaurant district is just a couple 2 blocks south)
- Charles River - great for walking/jogging (2 blocks north)
- Boston Commons (Boston's version of Central Park) (about a 15-20min walk east)
- Copley Square (5-10min walk away)
- The "T" (Boston's subway - "Copley" station) (5-10min walk) NOTE: You can easily get from the airport to the apartment by the T (directions will be sent when a reservation is made).
- Amtrak ("Back Bay" station)(10-15min walk)
- Prudential Shopping Center (5 min walk)
- Hynes Convention Center (5 min walk)
- Grocery stores (Shaw's & Trader Joe's)(10-15min walk)
- Pharmacies (CVS is just 2 blocks away & Walgreens is about a 5-10min walk away)
There is definitely no need for a car if you are staying in the city as everything you'll want to see is within walking, T (train) or short cab ride distance. Zipcars and rental cars are also available in the Back Bay for day trips (e.g. Martha's Vineyard, Cape Cod, Nantucket, Killington, Crane Beach (near Ipswich), Newburyport, Rockport, etc.)
Walking distance to all of the popular districts (Back Bay shopping/restaurant district, Copley Square, Charles River, Boston Commons, South End, etc.) and historic sites (State House, Fanueil Hall, Freedom Trail, etc.) in Boston. The apartment just a few blocks away from the Boston Marathon finish line and a short walk (1 mile) to Fenway Park.
Only a 5 min walk to the Copley "T" (train) station and about a 10 min walk to the Amtrak station.
Parking lots are available nearby for approx. $20-30/day.
A nearby spa that is quite nice (if case you are looking for one) is Bella Sante: The Spa On Newbury. They are located at 38 Newbury St. (between Arlington St. & Berkeley St.)
Ph(phone number hidden)
Website: (website hidden)
Our experience working with Kim was fantastic. Her instructions were detailed and she was extremely quick about communication. The apartment was amazing and has definitely left me wondering why I'd ever stay in a hotel again while in Boston. The breakfast-ready fridge was an unbelievably awesome extra touch, and the location is prime.
Kim was amazingly easy to work with. She was very quick to respond to requests and questions. The key exchange was very easy plus she was able to give us great advice on places to eat and things to see.
The Apartment was perfect. Very clean and homey. Walked in the door, made a cocktail and sat in the bay window watching the snow fall…it was perfect. The location is excellent, we walked from the train station without issues and even hoofed to The Garden to catch a bruins Hockey game. Kim's place is the only place we will ever stay when visiting Boston… It's 4 blocks from the neighborhood bar that "Cheers"was based off of, what more can you ask for!!??
It is a cozy and conveniently located place. Communication was great. The only downside: it is a bit chilly when temperature drops to around 0 C. On the other hand, we did not use the space heaters that were there.
Kim's place is wonderful! It's in a fantastic location and she has put a great deal of thoughtfulness into creating a very charming place. I highly recommend it!
Kim's place was great. She's very nice and responsive. Her apartment is super cute, comfortable and has fancy soaps. Stay here.
I had a great stay in what is a wonderful area. The apartment was as described and very homely. The instructions were very helpful. It really is a home away from home and a pleasant change from the usual hotels. The kitchen had everything I needed and the bed is very comfortable. Great to have wifi and tv/music etc. It's really like having a suite at a hotel. Only minor downsides would be that the bathroom probably needs a little upgrade and is a bit small. Fine for me but I can imagine some might want it to be a little larger or more plush. But all in all a great place to stay in Boston
Location, location location! This place is perfectly located in the back bay two blocks from tons of great restaurants, shopping, and nightlife. The place has tons of room for a studio (it's enormous) and Kim has left all the little touches that make Airbnb great - towels, soaps, wifi, and even a mint on the pillow :). This may be a Top 10 listing for me.
We were blown away by this place!! The apartment was beautiful, and Kim had obviously gone to a lot of effort to make it feel warm and homely. The kitchen is great and has everything you need. The location is awesome, easy walk to everything and felt safe walking home at all hours. Highly recommend staying here!!
Great location. Quiet street two blocks from Newbury street where all the shopping and restaurants are. Would stay here again. The studio was tastefully decorated and very comfortable. The bathroom is a little tight but its an old building. Thanks for thinking of the small things to make the apartment feel homey.
This was our first trip to Boston and we really got lucky by finding this apartment. It is in a great location and is very comfortable and stylish. Having all the comforts of home made our stay really enjoyable - much better than a hotel. Kim was very helpful and responsive. This was our first airbnb experience and we were delighted with the outcome! I would recommend Kim's place to anybody.