Located on the edge of the historic Eau Gallie Art District, tree-lined walks to parks & pier, and two miles from Melbourne's beautiful beaches, this cozy studio apartment has a good size kitchen and bathroom for one or two people to stay in comfort.
This is a cozy studio apartment with a good size kitchen and bathroom, a full-size bed, dresser, small closet, TV with DVD player, a couple of chairs and small desk that can comfortably accommodate a couple or single person. The kitchen is stocked with cookware and dishes and the bathroom has the basic amenities. We have a privacy-fenced backyard and security-fenced front. Our pet policy is that there is a $125 non-refundable pet deposit.
Guest has exclusive use of a full kitchen stocked with cookware, dishes, and some condiments, cooking oil, etc., bathroom with soap, shampoo, hair dryer, iron, towels, and washcloths, a full-sized bed, TV w/cable and DVD player and small selection of DVDs and CDs, and shares a bike and fenced-in yard with guests that may or may not be staying in the house on the same property.
Interaction with Guests
I'm not usually on the property, but I stop in fairly regularly when I'm in town, as I keep my truck and trailer there for my tree service. I'm usually reachable by phone for questions or tips. Just leave a message if I don't answer and I'll get back to you ASAP.
This studio is on the outskirts of the quaint and historic Eau Gallie Art District, home to many art outlets, the Foosaner Art Museum, the Rossetter House Museum, other historic buildings, a really nice library with computers and wi-fi overlooking the scenic river and free public fishing pier, a restaurant/tiki bar next to the pier that has good food and live music daily, other restaurants, shops, and the Intracoastal Brewery, all within a few blocks walking distance. There's a Saturday farmer's market on Highland Av. near Eau Gallie Blvd., a community indoor basketball court, and several parks and recreation areas within walking distance. There is a nice dog beach only two miles away, as well.
There are bus stops within a block of the house. Just about anything you could need is within walking distance.
Other Things to Note
I'm in the process of revamping the yard into a permaculture paradise, so please excuse the incompleteness of it as we progress toward this goal.
1. Melbourne is semi-tropical and prone to mosquitoes and all kinds of bugs. We do not have screen-doors. There are screens on the windows, so open them if you want, (see "WARNING" in house manual before opening them), but please keep the doors closed so the bugs stay outside.
2. If you use the dryer, please dispose of lint in the big green garbage cart. The cart is outside and to the right, as you're facing the washer and dryer.
3. The cart with the yellow lid is for recycling only. See house manual for what can be recycled.
4. If you smoke, please do it outside and dispose of the cigarette butts properly, (in the big green garbage cart).
5. If you use the fire pit, please scoop up your ashes after they cool down and put them in a bag and dispose of the bag in the big green garbage cart. Make sure all windows to the house and studio that may be exposed to the smoke are closed before starting the fire. You may use the bark and wood scraps in the can next to the fire pit for a small fire.
6. Behind the studio is my work zone, so please avoid this area.
7. Dishes should be cleaned, dried, and put away, upon departure.
8. The cleaning fee only pays for a certain amount of cleaning time. If, upon your departure, it takes more time to return the unit to its original condition, (when you checked in), than the cleaning fee pays for, you will be charged the difference. If you take or permanently stain towels or washcloths, (attention make-up wearers), you will be charged for them.
I enjoyed my stay in the studio very much. I wanted to get away to do some writing and work, and appreciated the minimal cost and fuss, as well as the full kitchen with cooking utensils, the yard with picnic table, and the washer and dryer. I enjoyed driving over to the beach and walking around the neighborhood, especially the park on the waterfront by the public library. Steve called from Hawaii to make sure all was well, and I felt very welcome.
Thank you Steve for your correspondence and prompt attention to my questions in regard to renting your place. Everything was exactly as posted. Clean, fully equipt, and convenient to my location.
I would recommend it to others staying in the area.
Steve's studio was exactly what I needed for my trip. It's conveniently located right by all the major streets so it's a direct shot to anywhere you need to go. There's also a great little brewery just a few blocks from the studio.
We thoroughly enjoyed our stay at Steve's place. It was clean and tidy and everything that we could have needed was included and working perfectly. Steve was very helpful, and recommended lots of great local places to visit. When the Orion launch was delayed, he contacted me with other options of what to do around Melbourne. I would most certainly recommend Steve's place to everyone.
Grand studio très bien équipé.
Emplacement idéal pour se rendre au Kennedy Space center.
Steve met me when I arrived and showed me around. The place is quiet, private and just what I needed. He offered me the use of a bicycle too, but I was too short on time between meetings to take advantage of it.
There are good restaurants within an easy walk, the neighborhood is quiet, and the mattress is comfortable-firm...just the way I like it. There's a combined tub/shower that works well, a galley kitchen that I didn't happen to use, but looked clean and functional, and a TV/DVD player suitable for playing movies but not broadcast television. I didn't have time for TV anyway. Steve has helpfully provided sure-fire cures for insomnia, in the form of his college engineering textbooks; a few pages of steam tables in the Machinery's Handbook, and you'll be out cold. There are enough electrical outlets to handle the typical geek's charger requirements for tablet, phone, laptop, e-reader, etc.
Clean, simple and practical. It's not the Hilton, and it's not priced like it. That's just what I wanted...a place to park my stuff, a comfortable bed and a clean bathroom. Air conditioning works fine, only takes a few minutes to cool the place down. I was there four nights, out at meetings from 7am to late evening, so I didn't "hang out" around the apartment.
Steve was very accommodating and the place was very comfortable. Not far from all of the places I wanted to check out.
This host has 104 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Arborist, Permaculturist, Environmentalist, occasionally lovingly accused of being a hedonist (I like my play time, but actually have a strong work ethic), Surfer, Engineer, Florida transplant operating my tree service in several locations, nation-wide. Many and varied interests. Aspiring for continual improvement and excellence.