About This Listing
We are renting our 130sq.foot room located in the ground floor of our house with en-suite bathroom and a separate entrance. It can accommodate 2 people. We are located in Colombo 05 which is a residential area inside Colombo city.
About the property
[Note: This room will not be rented for locals]
- Newly built premises with a separate entrance to your fully tiled room (130sq.foot)
- You are provided with a set of keys for the room and the gate so you can go out and come back at any time of the day without any restrictions.
- Room has an attached bathroom, fully tiled, modern fittings with hot & cold water.
- Furniture includes 1 queen-size bed, mini-bar refrigerator, desk with chair, mirror, corner table and a cloths rack.
- The room does NOT have air-conditioning but has a ceiling fan and a mosquito net.
Location – neighborhood description
- Located in Colombo 05, Sri Lanka in a serene residential area with ample greenery around yet very close to major travel routes.
- Very close to public transport.
* 5 minutes walk to 138 main bus route -High Level road
* 3 minutes walk to Kirulapone train station
* 10 minutes walk to 183 and 176 main bus routes
Attractions and distance
- Distance to some places of Interest
* Cargills Food City (supermarket) - 500meters
* Nugegoda shopping district (over 20 fashion stores) - 1.5km
* PitzzaHut, McDonalds, KFC & many restaurants - within 1.5km radius
* Dehiwala Zoo - 5km - US$3 from a taxi
* Colombo Museum, Independence Square - 5km
* Majestic City (MC) shopping complex, Bearfoot Gallery - 4km
* Gangaramaya Buddhist temple, Seemamalakaya - 6km
* Parliament, Diyatha Uyana food market and recreational market - 4km
* Galle Face Green, Galle Face Hotel, Hotel Taj Samudra, Galladari, WTC - 7.5km
* Casinos and clubs - within 5km
* ODEL (premium fashion store) - 6km
* ODEL Warehouse (premium fashion store) - 400meter
* House of Fashion - 4km
* Royal Colombo Golf Club - 5km
* Beach @ Colombo 06 - 3km
* Mount Lavinia Beach @ Mount Lavinia - 6km
- The refrigerator has complimentary jam and butter
- A water bottle will be provided on the date of arrival
- The towels and bathroom items are provided free.
- We are located in the city of Colombo where you can visit all excursions in the city within minutes drive/ride.
- Kid friendly environment and toys can be provided
Following services can be arranged on advance request.
* Exchange foreign currency to Sri Lankan Rupees (only currency notes of USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, AUD, SGD, SEK, CHF & HKD are accepted)
* Airport pickup - US$28 [€26/£19/Aus$36] (includes paging and toll fee for the airport expressway)
* Airport drop - US$28 [€26/£19/Aus$36] (includes toll fee for the airport expressway)
Payments for airport pick ups and drops accepted only in US Dollars/Euros/Pound Sterling/Australian Dollars.
* Pick up from/drop to Fort train station - tuk tuk or a taxi can be arranged (about Rs.500 range)
* Advance purchase of 1st/2nd class train tickets for onward journey
About the host
- Me and my husband together with our little girl lives close to you in the same premises and ensure that all your needs are undertaken and provide you a friendly and secure atmosphere.
- If you are traveling alone, these tips could help you- (website hidden)
- We are 2 IT professionals who have traveled many different countries, worked with different cultures and we look forward to welcome you to our home. In short we are giving you whatever possible to make your stay a nice and memorable one at our home.
- We are unable to provide meals on regular basis since both me and my husband works and has a busy schedule. But there are food outlets close by where you can get Sri Lankan food. For any special food requirements you can always contact me and discuss.
Set of keys for the room door and front gate with 24 hour access to come in and go out.
Since the room has separate access the guests won't get access to our main house or kitchen. But we have provided a mini-fridge and a water heater and things needed to make tea/coffee as well as set of plates and cutlery to the room.
Interaction with Guests
We provide information to gusts to plan their travel (even before they arrive) within Sri Lanka and help out in anyway we can to make their visit a pleasant stay here in our beautiful island.
We are available in the house and can interact as and when guests want even late nights. I or my husband will be there to welcome the guests when they check in and say goodbye when they leave.
• 40USD will be charged for lost keys to replace the locks for security reasons.
• All electrical items must be switched off if you are going out of the premises specially fan, electric kettle and lights excluding mobile devices plugged in for charging.
• Garbage (specially food waste) must be disposed properly and must not be litters in the room. Garbage disposing bags will be provided to you.
• No activities that are prohibited by Sri Lanka law are allowed in the premises.
• No smoking is allowed inside the room, but allowed outside the room.
• Guests must not bring/entertain visitors in the room or at the premises.
• We are compelled charge a fair cost for any damages to the property, fittings or equipment due to negligence.
• Guests must not make loud noises or listen to music with high volume in a manner that would disturb the hosts or neighbors
Welcome kindly and warm, good location for me! Clean and comfortable room and bathroom! Thanks a lot!
This accomodation is really really advicable. Thisanthi is a very warm host and tries everything to make the guest(s) feel welcome.and as a guest I can assure I did. She gave me always good advices and informations and a good feeling. The accomodation is separate to the house of the family and is very nice and comfortable with a refregerator and a beautiful (email hidden)d it is near to everything. I felt very well all the time.
Thisanthi's place is a lovely, peaceful oasis in Colombo. The room is comfortable and has a great ensuite bathroom. Thisanthi was a lovely host who made us very welcome, gave us lots of helpful information about Colombo and other places in Sri Lanka, and made us a delicious breakfast on our last morning. A great place to stay.
Aurélien enjoyed the warm welcome of the family, felt comfortable at once with the set-up. Sri Lankan hospitality… Many thanks Thisanthi!
I needed somewhere to stay in Colombo for 6 hours before my night flight back to Sydney. I booked Thisanthi's a day before arrival. She welcomed me to the room which was spotlessly clean and cooled with a fan. There were soap, shampoo, towels and everything you would need for your stay. They were even some snacks on the table, bananas and biscuits and also tea. I wanted to make some tea and Thisanthi offered me to make it herself and brought a delicious tea with milk and sugar on a tray. It gave me that much needed boost of energy after a very long 9 hour train journey from Trinco. I then asked if there was a place nearby to have dinner and she offered her husband buy take away for me on his way from work. It was such a nice gesture as I felt so tired and all I wanted was to fill my tummy and rest in a bed. Dinner was Sri Lankan and very tasty. And Thisanthi refused to take money for it. And this is not all! She then called a taxi for me and woke me up when it arrived. The taxi quote was almost half of what i paid from the airport. She is truly a very generous and warm person and I was so lucky to stay at her place on my last night in Colombo
Thisanthi was an amazing host - made us feel really welcome and gave us so many helpful tips, that saved us lot a lot of time & probably some nerves as well :)
Her house is easily found thanks to her perfect directions. The bus 138 became our favourite line in Colombo. It takes you from the Fort Railway station all the way to Maharagama (where you can take the highway bus to Galle...) - Thisanthi's house is somewhere in the middle of the route.
The room is perfect and has everything you need. We had zero complains. We could leave our luggage on our last day, since our flight was late at night, which was very helpful.
Thisanthi also made us a delicious snack one night! Thanks so much for everything!
This host has 7 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Thisanthi
From Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Me and my husband are IT professionals working in multi-national software companies. We have a 6 year old little daughter.
All 3 of us like traveling, movies and cooking. We have been to countries such as USA, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Singapore and waiting to visit many more and getting to know new people, learn new stuff, new cultures and visit amazing places around the world.
Next countries in our wish list: India, Dubai, Hong Kong, France (Thanks to Airbnb now we have friends whom we can get the support in these countries.)
We have found hosting in AirBnB was a perfect idea allows us to interact with guests from different parts of the world that bring difference to our routine life style.
You can contact me via :(phone number hidden)
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain
Buddhist temple close to the house.Poorwarama Road Colombo Western Province
Super market for all your groceries, dairy items, meat, veges and fruits.High Level Road Colombo Western Province
Fast food of International standard.High Level Road Colombo Western Province
Fast food.High Level Rd Western Province
Walking track and relaxing areas.Nawala Rd Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte Western Province
Fast food.High Level Rd Nugegoda Western Province
Super market.Stanley Tillekerathne Mawatha Nugegoda Western Province
Good Japanese Sushi is available here.B307 Western Province 10250
Nice place to relax and have an evening walk.Model Farm Road Colombo Western Province
At Independence Square you will find the Independence Memorial Hall, a unique structure made entirely of concrete. The area surrounding the square is filled with greenery and walkways.Independence Square Colombo Western Province 00700
Organic food market, 3D art, open park.Kotte - Bope Road Sri Jayawardenepura Kotte Western Province
The architecture of the “Lotus Pond” is inspired by the 12th-century Nelum Pokuna (Lotus Pond) at Polonnaruwa. Built by King Parakramabahu the Great, Polonnaruwas Nelum Pokuna.Nelum Pokuna Mawatha Colombo Western Province
Opened from 8:00am till 5:00pm. The Colombo Museum as it was called at the beginning was established on 1st January 1877.Sir Marcus Fernando Mawatha Colombo Western Province 00700
The CMC was formed in 1865 and first met in 1866. The municipal council is the oldest and the largest local government authority in Sri Lanka.Dr. C. W. W. Kannangara Mawatha Colombo Western Province
ODEL is a premium fashion store just 100 meters towards the Lipton Circus junction from CMC.Colombo Western Province
Open field adjoining the sea but with no beach access. Good place to watch the sunset.Galle Face Centre Road Colombo Western Province
Has a collection of restaurants for you to choose from and coffee bar. It also has a bar. Good to visit in the night after 7pm for dinner.Canal Row Colombo Western Province