We are renting our 130sq.foot room located in the ground floor of our house with en-suite bathroom and a separate entrance. It can accommodate 2 people. We are located in Colombo 05 which is a residential area inside Colombo city.
About the property
[Note: This room will not be rented for locals]
- Newly built premises with a separate entrance to your fully tiled room (130sq.foot)
- You are provided with a set of keys for the room and the gate so you can go out and come back at any time of the day without any restrictions.
- Room has an attached bathroom, fully tiled, modern fittings with hot & cold water.
- Furniture includes 1 queen-size bed, mini-bar refrigerator, desk with chair, mirror, corner table and a cloths rack.
- The room does NOT have air-conditioning but has a ceiling fan and a mosquito net.
Location – neighborhood description
- Located in Colombo 05, Sri Lanka in a serene residential area with ample greenery around yet very close to major travel routes.
- Very close to public transport.
* 5 minutes walk to 138 main bus route -High Level road
* 3 minutes walk to Kirulapone train station
* 10 minutes walk to 183 and 176 main bus routes
Attractions and distance
- Distance to some places of Interest
* Cargills Food City (supermarket) - 500meters
* Nugegoda shopping district (over 20 fashion stores) - 1.5km
* PitzzaHut, McDonalds, KFC & many restaurants - within 1.5km radius
* Dehiwala Zoo - 5km - US$3 from a taxi
* Colombo Museum, Independence Square - 5km
* Majestic City (MC) shopping complex, Bearfoot Gallery - 4km
* Gangaramaya Buddhist temple, Seemamalakaya - 6km
* Parliament, Diyatha Uyana food market and recreational market - 4km
* Galle Face Green, Galle Face Hotel, Hotel Taj Samudra, Galladari, WTC - 7.5km
* Casinos and clubs - within 5km
* ODEL (premium fashion store) - 6km
* ODEL Warehouse (premium fashion store) - 400meter
* House of Fashion - 4km
* Royal Colombo Golf Club - 5km
* Beach @ Colombo 06 - 3km
* Mount Lavinia Beach @ Mount Lavinia - 6km
- The refrigerator has complimentary jam and butter
- A water bottle will be provided on the date of arrival
- The towels and bathroom items are provided free.
- We are located in the city of Colombo where you can visit all excursions in the city within minutes drive/ride.
- Kid friendly environment and toys can be provided
Following services can be arranged on advance request.
* Exchange foreign currency to Sri Lankan Rupees (only currency notes of USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, AUD, SGD, SEK, CHF & HKD are accepted)
* Airport pickup - US$28 [€26/£19/Aus$36] (includes paging and toll fee for the airport expressway)
* Airport drop - US$28 [€26/£19/Aus$36] (includes toll fee for the airport expressway)
Payments for airport pick ups and drops accepted only in US Dollars/Euros/Pound Sterling/Australian Dollars.
* Pick up from/drop to Fort train station - tuk tuk or a taxi can be arranged (about Rs.500 range)
* Advance purchase of 1st/2nd class train tickets for onward journey
About the host
- Me and my husband together with our little girl lives close to you in the same premises and ensure that all your needs are undertaken and provide you a friendly and secure atmosphere.
- If you are traveling alone, these tips could help you- (website hidden)
- We are 2 IT professionals who have traveled many different countries, worked with different cultures and we look forward to welcome you to our home. In short we are giving you whatever possible to make your stay a nice and memorable one at our home.
- We are unable to provide meals on regular basis since both me and my husband works and has a busy schedule. But there are food outlets close by where you can get Sri Lankan food. For any special food requirements you can always contact me and discuss.
Set of keys for the room door and front gate with 24 hour access to come in and go out.
Since the room has separate access the guests won't get access to our main house or kitchen. But we have provided a mini-fridge and a water heater and things needed to make tea/coffee as well as set of plates and cutlery to the room.
Interaction with Guests
We provide information to gusts to plan their travel (even before they arrive) within Sri Lanka and help out in anyway we can to make their visit a pleasant stay here in our beautiful island.
We are available in the house and can interact as and when guests want even late nights. I or my husband will be there to welcome the guests when they check in and say goodbye when they leave.
• 40USD will be charged for lost keys to replace the locks for security reasons.
• All electrical items must be switched off if you are going out of the premises specially fan, electric kettle and lights excluding mobile devices plugged in for charging.
• Garbage (specially food waste) must be disposed properly and must not be litters in the room. Garbage disposing bags will be provided to you.
• No activities that are prohibited by Sri Lanka law are allowed in the premises.
• No smoking is allowed inside the room, but allowed outside the room.
• Guests must not bring/entertain visitors in the room or at the premises.
• We are compelled charge a fair cost for any damages to the property, fittings or equipment due to negligence.
• Guests must not make loud noises or listen to music with high volume in a manner that would disturb the hosts or neighbors
Thisanthi's place is a lovely, peaceful oasis in Colombo. The room is comfortable and has a great ensuite bathroom. Thisanthi was a lovely host who made us very welcome, gave us lots of helpful information about Colombo and other places in Sri Lanka, and made us a delicious breakfast on our last morning. A great place to stay.
Aurélien enjoyed the warm welcome of the family, felt comfortable at once with the set-up. Sri Lankan hospitality… Many thanks Thisanthi!
I needed somewhere to stay in Colombo for 6 hours before my night flight back to Sydney. I booked Thisanthi's a day before arrival. She welcomed me to the room which was spotlessly clean and cooled with a fan. There were soap, shampoo, towels and everything you would need for your stay. They were even some snacks on the table, bananas and biscuits and also tea. I wanted to make some tea and Thisanthi offered me to make it herself and brought a delicious tea with milk and sugar on a tray. It gave me that much needed boost of energy after a very long 9 hour train journey from Trinco. I then asked if there was a place nearby to have dinner and she offered her husband buy take away for me on his way from work. It was such a nice gesture as I felt so tired and all I wanted was to fill my tummy and rest in a bed. Dinner was Sri Lankan and very tasty. And Thisanthi refused to take money for it. And this is not all! She then called a taxi for me and woke me up when it arrived. The taxi quote was almost half of what i paid from the airport. She is truly a very generous and warm person and I was so lucky to stay at her place on my last night in Colombo
Thisanthi was an amazing host - made us feel really welcome and gave us so many helpful tips, that saved us lot a lot of time & probably some nerves as well :)
Her house is easily found thanks to her perfect directions. The bus 138 became our favourite line in Colombo. It takes you from the Fort Railway station all the way to Maharagama (where you can take the highway bus to Galle...) - Thisanthi's house is somewhere in the middle of the route.
The room is perfect and has everything you need. We had zero complains. We could leave our luggage on our last day, since our flight was late at night, which was very helpful.
Thisanthi also made us a delicious snack one night! Thanks so much for everything!
Thisanthi was an excellent host. We showed up at 2.30 am and she was awake to welcome us with a friendly smile. We awoke to a beautiful traditional Sri Lankan breakfast the next morning. The room was great and very clean and tidy. Thisanthi was also very helpful in providing us a taxi service and giving us a list of things to do in Colombo. Thank you again!!
Thisanthi was great - she was at the home when we arrived and spent a few minutes welcoming us. We were just in Colombo for one night before heading to the airport, and she organized our airport transfer and breakfast (even though its not included).
This host has 7 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
From Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Me and my husband are IT professionals working in multi-national software companies. We have a 6 year old little daughter.
All 3 of us like traveling, movies and cooking. We have been to countries such as USA, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Singapore and waiting to visit many more and getting to know new people, learn new stuff, new cultures and visit amazing places around the world.
Next countries in our wish list: India, Dubai, Hong Kong, France (Thanks to Airbnb now we have friends whom we can get the support in these countries.)
We have found hosting in AirBnB was a perfect idea allows us to interact with guests from different parts of the world that bring difference to our routine life style.
You can contact me via :(phone number hidden)
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain