About this listing
We are renting our 130sq.foot room located in the ground floor of our house with en-suite bathroom and a separate entrance. It can accommodate 2 people. We are located in Colombo 05 which is a residential area inside Colombo city.
About the property
[Note: This room will not be rented for locals]
- Newly built premises with a separate entrance to your fully tiled room (130sq.foot)
- You are provided with a set of keys for the room and the gate so you can go out and come back at any time of the day without any restrictions.
- Room has an attached bathroom, fully tiled, modern fittings with hot & cold water.
- Furniture includes 1 queen-size bed, mini-bar refrigerator, desk with chair, mirror, corner table and a cloths rack.
- The room does NOT have air-conditioning but has a ceiling fan and a mosquito net.
Location – neighborhood description
- Located in Colombo 05, Sri Lanka in a serene residential area with ample greenery around yet very close to major travel routes.
- Very close to public transport.
* 5 minutes walk to 138 main bus route -High Level road
* 3 minutes walk to Kirulapone train station
* 10 minutes walk to 183 and 176 main bus routes
Attractions and distance
- Distance to some places of Interest
* Cargills Food City (supermarket) - 500meters
* Nugegoda shopping district (over 20 fashion stores) - 1.5km
* PitzzaHut, McDonalds, KFC & many restaurants - within 1.5km radius
* Dehiwala Zoo - 5km - US$3 from a taxi
* Colombo Museum, Independence Square - 5km
* Majestic City (MC) shopping complex, Bearfoot Gallery - 4km
* Gangaramaya Buddhist temple, Seemamalakaya - 6km
* Parliament, Diyatha Uyana food market and recreational market - 4km
* Galle Face Green, Galle Face Hotel, Hotel Taj Samudra, Galladari, WTC - 7.5km
* Casinos and clubs - within 5km
* ODEL (premium fashion store) - 6km
* ODEL Warehouse (premium fashion store) - 400meter
* House of Fashion - 4km
* Royal Colombo Golf Club - 5km
* Beach @ Colombo 06 - 3km
* Mount Lavinia Beach @ Mount Lavinia - 6km
- The refrigerator has complimentary jam and butter
- A water bottle will be provided on the date of arrival
- The towels and bathroom items are provided free.
- We are located in the city of Colombo where you can visit all excursions in the city within minutes drive/ride.
- Kid friendly environment and toys can be provided
Following services can be arranged on advance request.
* Exchange foreign currency to Sri Lankan Rupees (only currency notes of USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, AUD, SGD, SEK, CHF & HKD are accepted)
* Airport pickup - US$28 [€26/£19/Aus$36] (includes paging and toll fee for the airport expressway)
* Airport drop - US$28 [€26/£19/Aus$36] (includes toll fee for the airport expressway)
Payments for airport pick ups and drops accepted only in US Dollars/Euros/Pound Sterling/Australian Dollars.
* Pick up from/drop to Fort train station - tuk tuk or a taxi can be arranged (about Rs.500 range)
* Advance purchase of 1st/2nd class train tickets for onward journey
About the host
- Me and my husband together with our little girl lives close to you in the same premises and ensure that all your needs are undertaken and provide you a friendly and secure atmosphere.
- If you are traveling alone, these tips could help you- http://thish.hubpages.com/hub/How-to-travel-alone-without-being-lonely
- We are 2 IT professionals who have traveled many different countries, worked with different cultures and we look forward to welcome you to our home. In short we are giving you whatever possible to make your stay a nice and memorable one at our home.
- We are unable to provide meals on regular basis since both me and my husband works and has a busy schedule. But there are food outlets close by where you can get Sri Lankan food. For any special food requirements you can always contact me and discuss.
Set of keys for the room door and front gate with 24 hour access to come in and go out.
Since the room has separate access the guests won't get access to our main house or kitchen. But we have provided a mini-fridge and a water heater and things needed to make tea/coffee as well as set of plates and cutlery to the room.
Interaction with Guests
We provide information to gusts to plan their travel (even before they arrive) within Sri Lanka and help out in anyway we can to make their visit a pleasant stay here in our beautiful island.
We are available in the house and can interact as and when guests want even late nights. I or my husband will be there to welcome the guests when they check in and say goodbye when they leave.
• 40USD will be charged for lost keys to replace the locks for security reasons.
• All electrical items must be switched off if you are going out of the premises specially fan, electric kettle and lights excluding mobile devices plugged in for charging.
• Garbage (specially food waste) must be disposed properly and must not be litters in the room. Garbage disposing bags will be provided to you.
• No activities that are prohibited by Sri Lanka law are allowed in the premises.
• No smoking is allowed inside the room, but allowed outside the room.
• Guests must not bring/entertain visitors in the room or at the premises.
• We are compelled charge a fair cost for any damages to the property, fittings or equipment due to negligence.
• Guests must not make loud noises or listen to music with high volume in a manner that would disturb the hosts or neighbors
About the Host, Thisanthi
From Colombo, Sri Lanka.
Me and my husband are IT professionals working in multi-national software companies. We have a 6 year old little daughter.
All 3 of us like traveling, movies and cooking. We have been to countries such as USA, UK, Denmark, Sweden, Norway, Singapore and waiting to visit many more and getting to know new people, learn new stuff, new cultures and visit amazing places around the world.
Next countries in our wish list: India, Dubai, Hong Kong, France (Thanks to Airbnb now we have friends whom we can get the support in these countries.)
We have found hosting in AirBnB was a perfect idea allows us to interact with guests from different parts of the world that bring difference to our routine life style.
You can contact me via :(phone number hidden)
“Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn’t do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover.” Mark Twain