We are renting our 130sq.foot room located in the ground floor of our house with attached bathroom and a separate entrance. It can accommodate 2 people. We are located in Colombo 05 which is a residential area inside Colombo city.
About the property
[Note: This room will not be rented for locals]
- Newly built premises with a separate entrance to your fully tiled room (130sq.foot)
- You are provided with a set of keys for the room and the gate so you can go out and come back at any time of the day without any restrictions.
- Room has an attached bathroom, fully tiled, modern fittings with hot & cold water.
- Furniture includes 1 queen-size bed, mini-bar refrigerator, desk with chair, mirror, corner table and a cloths rack.
- The room does NOT have air-conditioning but has a ceiling fan (email hidden).
Location – neighborhood description
- Located in Colombo 05 in a serene residential area with ample greenery around yet very close to major travel routes.
- Very close to public transport.
* 5 minutes walk to 138 main bus route -High Level road
* 3 minutes walk to Kirulapone train station
* 10 minutes walk to 183 and 176 main bus routes
Attractions and distance
- Distance to some places of Interest
* Cargills Food City (supermarket) - 500meters
* Nugegoda shopping district (over 20 fashion stores) - 1.5km
* PitzzaHut, McDonalds, KFC & many restaurants - within 1.5km radius
* Dehiwala Zoo - 5km - US$3 from a taxi
* Colombo Museum, Independence Square - 5km
* Majestic City (MC) shopping complex, Bearfoot Gallery - 4km
* Gangaramaya Buddhist temple, Seemamalakaya - 6km
* Parliament, Diyatha Uyana food market and recreational market - 4km
* Galle Face Green, Galle Face Hotel, Hotel Taj Samudra, Galladari, WTC - 7.5km
* Casinos and clubs - within 5km
* ODEL (premium fashion store) - 6km
* ODEL Warehouse (premium fashion store) - 400meter
* House of Fashion - 4km
* Royal Colombo Golf Club - 5km
* Beach @ Colombo 06 - 3km
* Mount Lavinia Beach @ Mount Lavinia - 6km
- The refrigerator has complimentary jam and butter
- A water bottle will be provided on the date of arrival
- The towels and bathroom items are provided free.
- We are located in the city of Colombo where you can visit all excursions in the city within minutes drive/ride.
- Kid friendly environment and toys can be provided
Following services can be arranged on advance request.
* Exchange foreign currency to Sri Lankan Rupees (only currency notes of USD, EUR, GBP, JPY, AUD, SGD, SEK, CHF & HKD are accepted)
* Airport pick up - US$28 [€22/£18/Aus$32] (includes paging and toll fee for the airport expressway)
* Airport drop - US$28 [€22/£18/Aus$32] (includes toll fee for the airport expressway)
Payments for airport pick ups and drops accepted only in US Dollars/Euros/Pound Sterling/Australian Dollars.
* Pick up from/drop to Fort train station - tuk tuk or a taxi can be arranged (about Rs.500 range)
* Advance purchase of 1st/2nd class train tickets for onward journey
About the host
- Me and my husband together with our little girl lives close to you in the same premises and ensure that all your needs are undertaken and provide you a friendly and secure atmosphere.
- We are 2 IT professionals who have traveled many different countries, worked with different cultures and we look forward to welcome you to our home. In short we are giving you whatever possible to make your stay a nice and memorable one at our home.
- We are unable to provide meals on regular basis since both me and my husband works and has a busy schedule. But there are food outlets close by where you can get Sri Lankan food. For any special food requirements you can always contact me and discuss.
Set of keys for the room door and front gate with 24 hour access to come in and go out.
Since the room has separate access the guests won't get access to our main house or kitchen. But we have provided a mini-fridge and a water heater and things needed to make tea/coffee as well as set of plates and cutlery to the room.
We provide information to gusts to plan their travel (even before they arrive) within Sri Lanka and help out in anyway we can to make their visit a pleasant stay here in our beautiful island.
We are available in the house and can interact as and when guests want even late nights. I or my husband will be there to welcome the guests when they check in and say goodbye when they leave.
The accommodation provided by Thisanthi is fully conforming to their description, and it 's really a luxury room I stayed during this trip. The guest room is very tidy, especially the bathroom, and you can find out that every corner is clean, and the hot water is enough. I'm satisfied and highly recommend it!
The host is kind and helpful, she helped me to plan the route and assign airport picking up service, and the driver was punctual there. When I arrived in their house it was very late, but this couple got up and greeted me, as well as introduced the facilities here in detail. You can find various travelling guide books on the desk, and a printed guest guide too, all the necessary information covered.
The breakfast served next morning was simple but healthy, Thisanthi also prepared a sandwich for me. In Sri Lanka, all the non-spicy food are precious...
All their family members are friendly and cute, and the most moved thing was that when I leaving this house and turned back to see it, I found Thisanthi still stood by the gate and smiled at me.
Choosing this accommodation, and you won't regret!
The standard of the place is amazing! Very clean and high standard of the bathroom.
The host is very very kind and helpful.
You can have your own key. So you could come back home anytime.
It is not in a central location in Colombo.
But if you are keen on seeing more local residential area, I think this place will be ideal.
It is very quiet at night and the air is fresher.
Very close to the bus stop which goes to the central Colombo straight. Also quite near to the area by this bus to get an express bus to go to South of the island, which I found convinient.
If you are sick of tired of a guesthouse with dirty malfunctional bathroom etc, this place will be perfect place to sleep!
I can highly recommend this place.
We had a wonderful stay at Thisanthi's home. Thisanthi and her family were incredibly warm and welcoming providing delicious breakfast and helpful information. The room and bathroom were spotless and comfortable. Highly recommended.
it was a very nice stay at Thisantis house.She and her family are really friendly and (website hidden) was a clean and cosy room.And they even picked me up when I was lost in the quarter and couldn't find my way back to the house.And we got a refreshing coconut at our arrival and a very great typical Sri Lankan breakfast and tea.Anytime again.
We stayed at Thisanthi's place as part of our two day transit in Sri Lanka. We found Thisanthi and her family very friendly, accommodating and helpful.
Lasting memory is when we departed to the airport at 4.30am in the morning, Thisanthi and her husband prepared a take away breakfast for our trip to the airport!
The room was clean and had all the basic facilities. Bathroom was clean and modern, but could do with a shine in the shower.
Good location being only 7km away from the city centre. Tuk tuk drivers can find it difficult to locate, but gets easier once you are familiar with the surroundings.
It was a pleasure to stay at Thisanthi's place and meet her and her family. They are extremely hospitable and agreeable people. The room and bathroom were very comfortable, clean, along with being equipped with all essentials, including a kettle and even some crockery! Having my own key was a nice add-up.
Thisanthi's house is located in the residential area, so expect some peaceful environment. I personally enjoyed my walk to the Cargill's Food city on a hilly road. There is a beautiful Biddhist temple nearby too, if you are interested. There are a few great stores for fashionable clothes stores not far from the place, so shopping freaks can happily indulge themselves
I was made to feel very welcome and right at home. Thisanthi was incredibly kind and provided me with lots of local advice as well as purchasing a train ticket for me. She was very flexible about my stay and provides a yummy breakfast. Highly recommended! I hope to stay here again on my next trip to Sr Lanka.
J'ai été très heureux de l'accueil de Thisanthi avec sourire et gentillesse ils ont su me guider dans mes premiers pas dans ce merveilleux pays.
Je recommande très chaleureusement.
Thisanthi was extremely helpful from the very start and answered all our emails quickly and efficiently. Our airport pickup was on time and our room ready for us. We received a welcome drink and treats and were made very welcome. The room is reasonably clean (although the bathroom could do with a deep clean) and provided everything we wanted part from wifi that was not available during our entire stay. Although it is a long way from the centre we had fun using the local buses so it was not really an issue. Local restaurants however, are limited and as we did not want to travel far to eat we made good use of the excellent and cheap local delivery services. We enjoyed our stay and were very grateful to Thisanthi for all her help and advice about the local area. We did not want to disturb the family when we departed early so did not knock to say goodbye. Five minutes after leaving we received a call to say she had not heard us leave as she was cooking us breakfast for the train! We felt really bad about this. Sorry!!! We recommend as a good value place to stay as long as you are happy with the location.
I had a nice stay with this lady. The room was comfortable and there was the essential mosi net and fan and a very good shower room indeed. The room met my needs but perhaps a better to place to stay on your way back than your way in being a bit off the beaten track. Thisanthi came into her own when I had problems with my mobile and when I needed to book trips forward.. and they were very caring couple who looked out for me as I was a lone female traveller. It is a safe place to stay as its gated and locked if you like that kind of environment. The only downside is you don't meet other travellers who might give you hints and tips about where to go forward and such like..but you have local expertise at your finger tips with Thisanthi. Its a 200 tuc tuc drive into town...you have to think if you want to spend this there and back (400 altogether) everytime you want to go to the Galle Road...I had to make a return journey to get my sim card...as disorganized traveller I am! Galle Road is where most things i needed to do with my phone were..and with the main shops) I did not see many close at hand restaurants... but the transport from the airport in the early hours of the morhing was quick and hassle free though it may not be so later in the day...due to huge amounts of traffic so allow time if travelling day time. Colombo is a vibrant city but also very smoggy and sitting in the back of a tuc tuc is a fumey and hair raising experience!! One i have embraced in my youth but now 54 I am alittle more staid in my approach.
The bed was comfortable. I had my own key and a wardrobe that locked.
A few comments on my journey onwards...
There was no need for me to book ahead to Galle...as there were many rooms there and the tuc tuc driver in Galle was happy to show me all the rooms. `(The nicest rooms there in LP are described as with an eccentric man who likes to chat round a courtyard. I ended up opposite frangipane's main house. I recommend the house not particularly the rooms opposite which were 2,500 slr a price I paid most of my way round Sri Lanka bar the airbnb places beginning and end of trip which I preferred the security of pre booking. Thanks for a great stay would use again on the way back home.