Cute, cozy and compact cottage that has all you need--queen bed + queen mattress in the loft, a private patio with stunning views and the quiet of a country setting at Los Pajaritos.
Our light filled Country Cottage is a stone's throw from our house an--Los Pajaritos and sports a sleeping loft with a queen sized mattress and a separate bedroom with a queen sized bed. One bath with shower, + a sunny living/dining room wrapped in glass and with views of Taos Mountain and Picuris Mountain complete the picture. In terms of the setting, we are a short hop into town, but like a recent guest said, the coyotes visit daily--the other day they spotted the magpies chasing one. And our outdoor cats come over to visit even though they are not allowed in. And as a guest recently noted--we do have A/C for this scorching June. We have just added a beautiful and private outdoor patio just so you can relish and drink in the big Taos skies day or night. Sunrises and sunsets are yours to enjoy and come nightfall, all those stars look close enough to pick out of the sky. If you stay with us please use the directions provided; do not attempt to find us via mapquest or a smartphone.
Lots of land to walk on; snow shoes; some bikes; any cooking utensils and equipment that we might have to lend. Outdoor grilling- yes. A fire pit - yes
Interaction with Guests
Happy to help you navigate our town, our valley and northern NM. We have lots of books on our area and love to guide visitors to restaturants, hiking, rafting, skiing and galleries.
A quiet country neighbourhood on the edge of Taos and Ranchos de Taos with big, wide-open views of the mountains all around. The acequia del rio chiquito runs by and in the evenings in the summer you will hear the splash of water on its way down to the fields.
You will need a car to get to us and to get around.
Other Things to Note
The cottage comes with a washer and dryer and if grilling outside is your thing we are happy to bring one over.
Short Term Rental Contract
Our home, the Cottage at Los Pajaritos is located at the south end of Taos, NM
1. CHECK-IN TIME IS AFTER 4 P.M. MST AND CHECK OUT IS (email hidden). Special arrangements are required for early check-in or late check out.
2. This is a NON SMOKING home.
3. Pets are not permitted in our home. We the home owners assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may occur to humans while on the premises.
4. DAMAGE DEPOSIT- A damage deposit of $200 is required. This must be received upon check in. The deposit is NOT applied toward rent; however, it is fully refundable provided the following provisions are met.
a. No damage is done to home or its contents, beyond normal wear and tear.
b. No charges are incurred due to contraband, pets or collection of rents or services rendered during the stay.
c. All debris, rubbish and discards are placed in refuse containers, and soiled dishes are cleaned.
d. No linens/silverware/art/crockery/appliances are lost or damaged.
5. MAXIMUM OCCUPANCY- The maximum number of guests is limited to four (4) persons.
6. NO DAILY MAID SERVICE – While we take pride in giving you a clean home, daily maid service is not included; however it is available for an additional fee.
7. FALSIFIED RESERVATIONS – Any reservation obtained under false pretenses will be subject to forfeiture of advance payment, deposit and/or rental money, and the party will not be permitted to check in.
8. WATER AND SEPTIC: Our home is on a well and a septic system. The septic system is very effective, however, it will clog up if improper material is flushed into it. DO NOT FLUSH anything other than toilet paper. No feminine products should be flushed at anytime. If it is determined that feminine products were flushed and this results in a clogged septic system, you could be charged damages of up to two hundred dollars ($200).
9.SOLE AND SEPARATE: This contract exists solely between you, the guest and Sanjay Poovadan. Sanjay Poovadan is a licensed NM REALTOR who practices with The Lora Company - Real Estate. However, the leasing of this property and its management, is conducted by Sanjay Poovadan solely and separately from The Lora Company - Real Estate.
Stayed at Sanjay's place on route from Montana to NY. It was clean and comfortable and very private. Sanjay seems like a really nice guy and he has great local resource materials in the rental (hikes, history etc).
Did Valentines weekend at Sanjay's place in Taos. His place was a skiing dream. t hesitate to do it again.
Very nice house with super views! Sanjay met up with us after we arrived and really gave us some great advice on things to do/see/where to eat etc etc in the area. A very friendly personable host.
Absolutely loved the cottage! Convenient to town, very comfortable, better than any hotel. Sanjay was welcoming and helpful with suggestions. Loved our winter vacation and first stay in Taos. Would stay at the cottage again in the future!
Really enjoy our host Sanjay. Very friendly and fun to get to know. His cottage is great, perfect for 2 Adults. It does sleep 4 but the additional 2 would work best to be small kids. The location worked well for all of the things we wanted to do in town and at the ski valley. If I was going to just ski it was a bit further south then I had thought but great access to main roads.
Sanjay was very welcoming and helpful and the cottage very cozy. Loved the loft space. Location was perfect, just outside the main part of town and provided for great relaxing evenings.
The cottage was exactly what we were hoping for when we made the reservation. The place is private, but close to everything in town. The natural light that comes in is very nice...it was really just perfect, very clean...Thank you Sanjay!
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
(website hidden) Likes:
The Burrito Wagon, Santa Fe Chapter, St. John's College Alumni Association, Claireworks, Touchstones Discussion Project, Wyman Indexing, Architecturally Significant Modern Homes, St. John's College, Field Institute of Taos