About this listing
The apartment has been my home for many years at the time of my Dolce Vita. Now I live in Oslo with my family and I decided to rent it for short periods of time so we can still use it some time. I am a builder and I travel a lot.
This is my philosophy of hospitality: to live and work anywhere, but perhaps the most beautiful and comfortable in the world. This is what I think my apartment and Rome can offer.
The apartment is located in a building of the sixteenth century, built on and with the ruins of Pompeo's theater.
Just round the corner from Piazza Navona, the apartment is at the vortex of Rome ancient and modern. The style of furnishing is rather more modern than ancient, eclectic and personal in the choice of prints and paintings, a Roman hideaway for intellectuals, athletic ones who don't mind three floors with no lift.
A broadband connection is available to guest and there is also the wi-fi connectivity to the rest of the apartment (all free).
Rooms general description
Rooms: a large sitting room with modern kitchen corner and the sofa folds out into a proper double bed. A double room with bathroom with shower
This fascinating corner of old rome takes its name from a game called Pallaro, a centuries-old version of today's lotto.The place was built on the ruins of the theatre of Pompeo(wich was built between the year 61 and 55 B.C.) where Julius Caesar was assassinated and the third floor apartament looks down on the largo - too small to merit the appellation of square - and from the sitting room windows the splendid dome of the baroque church of Sant Andrea della Valle seems almost close to enough to touch. Just round the corner from Piazza Navona, the apartment is at the vortex of Rome ancient and modern. The style of furnishing is rather more modern than ancient, eclectic and personal in the choice of prints and paintings, a Roman hideaway for intellectuals, athletic ones who don't mind three floors with no lift.
Rooms general description
Rooms: a large sitting room with modern kitchen corner and sofa bed. A double room with bathroom with shower Air-condition, satellite TV, beddings and towels are provided, safety box for your personal belongings and documents.
The Domus amoR Navona is family friendly, is available for families with new born or babies a set composed of a camping Cot,highchair and a bouncy chair for babies/newborn (Baby Bjørn).
The guests have their own keys to come and go as they like.
Bed linen and towels will be provided as well as everything you need to and feel welcome to a new home: coffee, tea, milk, Orange juice, cereals cornetti marmelade butter ect and a minimum Breakfast for when you wake up hungry after a long journey.
Together with the facilities described above I always leave a bottle of prosecco in the fridge to welcome my guests in Rome and introduce them to the Roman lifestyle.
- The apartment is on the third floor, this means no elevator.
- Please dont make too much noise in the night (building regulations)
- The garbage must be brought downstairs PLEASE RECYCLE! (world and city regulation – modality will be communicated on site).
- You can not bring pets.
- Smoking is not allowed.
- Please do not trough coffee grind or anything else in the sinks as well as any other object in the WC.
- Check in and check-out must be agreed from time to time with my friend and colleague Davide, who manages check in and check outs.
- The meeting point is at the apartment.
- LATE CHECK IN: after 21.00 you need to provide AN EXTRA € 20 for Mara's late hours work to be payed directly to him. ( I WOULD PREFER TO AVOID THIS BUT LATE CHECK IT MIGHT OCCOUR).
- You must provide a copy of a valid identity card to be delivered to the authorities as required by Italian laws.
- Please leave the apartment tidy.
The space I rent in Rome used to be my home when I was young and having “La Dolce Vita”. Now my life is mostly in Oslo, Norway, where my family is. Although I still want to use the space sometime, you know: workshops, family holidays, friends, in other words I want to keep it as temporary studio for special public or private occasions.
So I need to keep it alive and bring not occasional tourists in the love city of Roma.