About this listing
We're renting our apt. only on a monthly+ basis due to new Barcelona tourist restrictions. It's comfy & has a/c, heat, kitchen, Q-size bed, wi-fi & TV cable. It's only 4 minutes to the beach & close to Barcelona centre! We're gay & straight friendly.
It's a space that's perfect for 2 people and can fit 3 comfortably (at an extra charge) if you need it to (a pull-out futon is in the living area that will sleep an extra person if you pay for this option). We really don't want more than 3 people in the space though, but it's perfect for 2 to 3 people.
You will have access to a full kitchen, 100MB Wi-Fi, cable TV (with USB connection), incredible local restaurants and the beach (we also provide you with 2 beach towels to use while here).
Interaction with Guests
We drop off the keys, show you the place and answer any questions you may have via internet or text message. If there is an emergency, we can make ourselves available when necessary.
Barceloneta was once the home of fishermen and now is one of the city’s most visited and popular districts. The modernisation of this neighborhood offers first-class beaches, rows of restaurants, bars and supermarkets combined with the traditional images of locals sitting in their chairs in the street. We have a big local traditional food market as well (2 minute walk).
- Metro L4 (yellow line) - a 5 minute walk.
- Very close to las Ramblas, Raval, Gotic & Born neighborhoods (all at the center of Barcelona and all about a real 10 minute walk or so).
Other Things to Note
1) In case you can’t find them, all the silverware/utensils are in the drawer underneath the oven.
2) If you need to clean the towels, the sheets or your clothes, you are welcome to do so with the washer in the kitchen. There is a drying rack beside the refrigerator. Put it in front of the terrace window on sunny days and clothes should dry pretty quickly.
3) An extra set of bath towels, sheets and blankets are at the top of the bedroom wardrobe, as well as cleaning products below the sinks. We think 2 sets of items are enough for a week-long stay. Anything longer than a week, then you will need to wash, change and clean things yourself (that’s why we have a washing machine for you). However, we do offer a weekly cleaning service for 30€ per week if you prefer (a full apartment cleaning each time). Let us know a few days ahead of time if you want to use this service and we’ll make sure things are really clean for you each week.
4) We recommend that you visit many places while here in Barcelona. It’s a beautiful city that has a lot to offer (as well as the region of Catalonia too). However, there are a lot of sites that people want to see that are overwhelmed by tourist lines/queues. If you want to visit any of the important sites without waiting for hours in line, you should always book your tickets online beforehand. Here are some of the websites that you can go to get your tickets to make sure you will get through without waiting for many hours at some of these important Barcelona sites.
La Sagrada Familia: (website hidden)
Park Güell: (website hidden)
La Pedrera: (website hidden)
Casa Battlló: (website hidden)
Montserrat: (website hidden)
5) Enjoy the wine on the table. It’s for you and is our thank you for selecting us as your place to stay while visiting Barcelona. Get drunk, eat well, have sex, relax, get tan, soak in the ambiance and just enjoy all the history and culture that Barcelona has to offer.
6) Lastly, please sign our guestbook with your thoughts and recommendations. Also, make sure to place your city of origin on our wall map so we can show future travellers where all our visitors have come from. As well, please leave us a recommendation on the AirBnB website if you have enjoyed your stay with us.
1) Make sure you lock all windows and double lock the apartment door whenever you leave the flat. Since we are on the first floor, we just want to make sure no one can get into the flat from the windows and take anything of yours or ours when you’re not at home.
2) Please make sure the air conditioning, tv, lights and water are turned off each time you leave the apartment. We want to be a green location, so we need your help in making sure that energy and water is being used wisely. Also, please try to make sure the washing machine is completely filled if you need to use it.
3) Please leave the bath towels in the apartment and do not use them as beach towels. We’ve provided 2 larger obvious beach towels for that purpose. If you need more beach towels or supplies like beach umbrellas or chairs, many local stores have them for sale. However, please leave the actual bath towels that we have provided for you in the apartment.
4) Tourist maps or information brochures that we’ve left on the table can be taken, but please leave the guide books that are on the shelves in the flat. Although, we do like the idea of a take-a-book, leave-a-book system, so if you haven’t finished reading one of the regular books we’ve left in the apartment, take it, but please leave a comparable book in return for future visitors.
5) Please make sure to keep all opened food in the fridge. As we're sure you feel the same, none of us want any ants or bugs being tempted by food you might leave out in this hot beach area when you're not there.
6) Please think of the apartment as you would your own home. This means making sure you leave furniture and objects in the same condition you found them when you got here. Thanks.
7) Please, only paying guests in the apartment. It's a small building with a lot of locals living here, so we ask that you not have other people staying in the apartment, have no big parties and consider your noise level at all times. Thank you.
8) If you lose the set of keys we give you, there is a 25€ charge to replace them. These things do happen, so we'll try to get a new set to you right away, but the cost and time means we do need to charge you for it.
9) Please, no smoking in the apartment and no pets are allowed either.
10) By booking with us, it is expected that you have read and accepted these rules.
We had a fabulous time! Txema and Ryan were prompt, helpful and clear in handling the few small needs that arose during our 5 weeks there and was very generous with helping with suggestions and tips. We're moving to Barcelona in 2016 and Txema turned us on to Carrefours in Glories for our appliances at our new flat and saved us tons of money. And this sweet apartment in Barceloneta is nothing but wonderful. The bed is very comfortable. It has a big closet. The air conditioning and fan were essential during the hot spell, we put the washer to good use, and the beach and promenade are only a few blocks away. Plus you're near grocery stores, the best bakery in Barcelona, Baluards, and metro and buses. The apartment is just like the pictures. It is up one narrow flight of stairs so if you have difficulties there, that would be the only drawback I see. I so appreciated too how there was laundry detergent, sharp knives, good pots and pans and everything you need to just live and enjoy yourself. We'll go back again if we need an interim place to stay when we move to Barcelona. The whole experience was a gift.
Tivemos uma experiência ótima em Barcelona. Ficamos um mês no apartamento da María, que é exatamente como as fotos mostram, com cozinha super bem equipada, salinha, quarto com cama king e banheiro. Tudo funcionando. Não tivemos problema com nada.
O sinal de wi-fi é bom, com boa velocidade e constante.
O Bairro de Barceloneta é um dos mais turísticos da cidade, por isso bastante movimentado e já vem apresentando restrições quanto ao período de estadia (mínimo um mês). O ap fica próximo de tudo: mercados, farmácias, praia, metro, ônibus e toda estrutura de comércio, bares e restaurantes.
Fomos muito bem recebidos pelo Txema, que foi atencioso desde a primeira troca de mensagens, nos apresentou o ap e deu dicas preciosas de pontos para visitar na cidade.
Really nice and friendly host. Txema was a perfect host helpful with suggestions of everything you need to know.
The apartment itself is very comfortable, very clean, nice decorated and has everything you need like in the photos their show.
Very convenient place close to everything beach, restaurant, supermarket, best bakery shop, metro everything that will make you feel like home.
I definitely recommend it.
P.S. Thanks Txema for very warm welcome and a lovely wine :)
Excellent séjour à Barcelona! Accueil super et les conseils ont été pratiques! Les Mojitos à 3,50euros: bonne adresse! ;-) studio nickel!
Chema (and Ryan who we didn't meet in person) were wonderful. Super friendly, knowledgeable and very quick to respond to any inquiry. The area is great and very close to beach. The place was a little small for the three of us but we didn't mind as we spent almost zero time in the apartment. Thanks for a great stay guys!
Die Barceloneta ist ein wunderbarer Teil Barcelonas, der nahe am Meer liegt, mit entzückenden kleinen Gassen, guter Infrastruktur, netten Bars und authentischen Lokalen neben vielen anderen "Touristenlokalen", eine Gegend, in der man sich sofort wohl fühlt. In einer der idyllischen Gassen liegt diese Wohnung: schon das Betreten des Hauses durch ein ganz kleines Haustor ist ein Erlebnis! Die Wohnung verfügt über alles, was man braucht: Geschirr, Gläser, Besteck, Töpfe.... Geschirrtücher, Hand- u Badetücher; sogar Strandtücher werden bereitgelegt! Waschmaschine, Föhn, Flaschenöffner.... alles vorhanden. Ein Balkon erhöht den Reiz der Wohnung noch. Maria ist eine sehr nette, flexible, freundliche..... Gastgeberin. Kommunikation und Schlüsselübergabe waren perfekt und unkompliziert. Wir wurden von einem Freund Marias empfangen, mit allen Informationen versorgt und zusätzlich mit einem Gastgeschenk in Form einer Flasche Wein verwöhnt. Wir fühlten uns dort sofort wie zu Hause und würden jederzeit dort wieder einziehen. Noch einmal ein herzliches Dankeschön an die Gastgeber!!
My best friend and I went to Barcelona for the first time and picked this place and really liked it. It looks just like on the pictures and has everything you need and is clean. Utensils, pots, dishes, shower gel, towels etc. Its in the heart of Barceloneta and very close to the beach and very safe. Everything was within walking distance (Tons of Restaurants, bars and little Supermarkets) and we walked a lot. or pretty much everything in Barcelona.
The apartment is located on the first floor, which was great since the stairwell in most buildings in Barceloneta seem to be very narrow and without elevators.
We've been told that Barceloneta is a quiet area and therefore people respect everyone. Well that seemed true for the people in our building.
I have to say that if you want to sleep well I recommend you to take earplugs with you. Its quite noisy out there during the day and mornings as well (with windows closed not as bad). Other than that though super.
The bedroom itself is not very big, but the bed is huge and sooooo comfy.
But let me tell you about the Host. WOOOOWW....We arrived very early in Barcelona and Chemo was so nice to let us in early. He took the time to explain everything and gave us some great tips. He even sent us an email after with all the things we should see and do. Fantastic. He was awesome and great communication. He always responded right away. Oh and lets not forget about the Bottle of wine we got :)))
We would definitely stay there again.
Thanks so much.