About this listing
Lay in the comfortable bed, while looking out over the Lagoon listening to the waves crashing on the other side of the dunes. Delicious breakfast!This is the perfect place to come and forget any worries...which fits quite well with Floripa's vibe.
It is spacious, clean, relaxed and comfortable. We provide a wireless connection, also ideal for an IT professional who wants to work from home and enjoy life. The house is only few steps away from a beautiful natural lagoon, Lagoinha Pequena, where you can go for a dip after the beach or simply sit on the deck to enjoy the gorgeous view. Floripa Guest House is very close to bus stops, coffee shops, a fresh fruit and veggie street market, supermarket, gym, and restaurants.
It takes only 15 minutes by bus to get to famous Lagoa da Conceição, with its boutiques, trendy bars and restaurants.
The guest room has a double bed with an orthopaedic mattress, fresh linen and good pillows. The bathroom is private, shared occasionally with visitors to the house. Fresh bath towels, beach towel and linen are provided.
Breakfast can be prepared according to your dietary requirements. Please inform before arrival.
Shared fridge, lounge, garden and car parking
There are guide books and maps available for consultation.
Interaction with Guests
I´m always available and open to give guests the best tips on how to enjoy the island. You might also be invited to join me on a day tour or any other event that is happening during your stay.
Our neighbourhood, Rio Tavares, is friendly, safe and offers all the basic amenities such as ATM, coffee house, bakery, supermarket, restaurants (local seafood cuisine, Japanese, Italian, burgers, tapas, BBQ).
The house is only few steps away from a beautiful natural lagoon, Lagoinha Pequena, where you can go for a dip after the beach or simply sit on the deck to enjoy the gorgeous view.
Public transportation is available just around the corner, with buses to the famous Lagoa da Conceição (15 min away), downtown (25 min away), and connect to beaches such as Mole, Barra Da Lagoa, Jurerê and so on.
Other Things to Note
During your stay, we recommended:
- kayak in the lagoon few steps away from the house - 2 hours rental only R$30 (reais)
- A Day Tour or Half-day tour around the island can be arranged and paid up on request.
Day Tour is R$160 (one hundread and sixty reais) per person
Half-day Tour is R$80 (eighty reais) per person) or 2 for R$240
- Outdoor activities such as surf lessons, Stand up/board paddle, kite surfing, windsurfing, hiking/trekking, kayaking, body board, and paragliding.
- Surf Safari, and Photography Safari can be arranged with a private driver/guide. It is a must if you are into surfing or photography.
- Take Portuguese as a Foreign Language course at a language institute nearby.
- A visit to a local art studio, where you can paint your acrylic on canvas or purchase a paint.
- Visit a fishermen's village and ranch, and meet some of the locals.
- Do Yoga, Pilates, or balance your chakras at a holistic centre.
- Practice martial arts such as judo, jiu-jitsu, box.
- Take a City Tour and go shopping.
- Try the local cuisine and refreshing caipirinha cocktail at the restaurant just across the street.
*Smoking is allowed in our private garden.
*Only guests, who have checked in, are allowed in the bedroom.
*Breakfast is served from 08:30am to 10:00am.
*Laundry, wash-dry-and fold, at extra charge R$55(reais).
*Day tours&half day tours are at extra cost. Please enquire. Transfers and pick up at the airport or coach station at extra cost.
*Meals such as lunch and dinner/BBQ can be pre-booked at an extra cost.
*House time is from around 7am to 11pm.
I have lived in London for many years working on the education and travel industry. I love the natural world, jungle smells, tropical rain, sun rise, sun set, midnight sun, plants and animals.Also like yoga, running, camp fire, beach, fishing, transcendental meditation, cycling, good music, small festivals, hiking, waterfalls, dancing, volcanoes, long Sunday lunches, sustainable arts and crafts, keeping fit, organic food and drink, and cooking round the world food[experimenting]!. And... I love welcome people from around the world!