About this listing
Spacious studio in a great Manhattan neighborhood. Walking distance to so many other fantastic neighborhoods with amazing food, nightlife and shopping. Close to the subway so you can get anywhere in NYC with ease. All towels and linens provided.
This is a lovely, spacious STUDIO in the East Village in Manhattan. It is very clean and it's on a lovely residential street. It's a great place to relax after experiencing the high energy of the city all day long. It is on the first floor (up 6 steps from the ground floor). It's close to the L train 1st Avenue stop.
There are tons of amazing restaurants and cafes to go immediately nearby. It's walking distance to many art galleries, parks, Union Square, Gramercy, Greenwich Village, NYU, SoHo, LES, etc. The East Village is a great neighborhood to have a full-on NYC experience. There is history, art, culture, food, transportation and nature all walking distance from my studio. You are 1 stop on the L train away from Williamsburg, BK.
The apartment has a queen bed and a full (double) sofa bed.
There is a fully equipped kitchen ready to be cooked in; towels and clean linens are provided. The neighborhood is safe and residential.
*Please note* For check-in between 9:30pm and 11:00 a $25 fee will be imposed, between 11:00pm-8am it is $50. A $25 fee will also be imposed for early check-ins, between 8-10am.
The entire apartment!
Interaction with Guests
I usually meet them upon arrival to the apartment, explain everything, answer questions, and am available by text or email during their stay. Every once and a while I have someone else meet them, but I am always available by at least email.
It's the East Village. What's not to love? Culture, food, drinks, history, art- NYC at it's finest!
L train 1st Ave is the closest subway. Busses are on all the avenues, including Ave B.
1. Please send me a message confirming availability for your requested dates before sending a reservation request.
2. To protect all parties involved all bookings must be made through the Airbnb site.
3. First come first served. Dates cannot be guaranteed until the booking has been confirmed.
4. For check-in between 9:30pm and 11:00 a $25 fee will be imposed, between 11:00pm-8am it is $50. A $25 fee will also be imposed for early check-ins, between 8-10am. Fee is payable on arrival.
6. Please treat the apartment as if it's your home, not a hotel. Leaving the apartment clean and tidy reduces the risks of a delayed Check In for the following guests.
7. Please let me know if you break or stain anything. The apartment is furnished for 4 people, if you damage something without telling me, I will not be able to replace it for the following guests who may then be inconvenienced.
8. Please indicate the correct number guests in your booking. If it's discovered you have more guests than you have indicated you will be asked to leave the apartment immediately - No Exceptions. If you anticipate extra guests simply let me know in advance and we will make the necessary adjustments on Airbnb.
9. NO SMOKING
10. Please be green and shut off A/C, lights, etc. when not there.
11. Please empty trash daily, and clean and leave the apartment more or less how you found it :)
The host canceled this reservation 88 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
Due to extenuating life circumstances I am leaving NYC and moving to Europe so I no longer am able to be an Airbnb host in NYC, after 5 years of being one and never canceling a reservation in all of that time. I apologize for the cancellation but I hope because the reservation is nearly 3 months away it will be enough time to find other accommodation.
We did not had the chance to meet personally Emily, anyway everything worked very well. We found the apartment comfortable and clean, all communications with Emily were easy and clear, and we did not have any particular problem. The neighborhood is nice and quite central to all main visiting locations in Manhattan
This was my first time visiting NY and using airbnb. Emily made the experience seamless, providing invaluable instructions in finding our way from the airport to the apartment, along with quick email responses to any questions we had.
The East Village was probably the best place to stay, it seemed to be the best of both worlds with the big city lights of Uptown to the laidback creative lifestyle of Williamsburg and Brooklyn. We spent hours just wandering the nearby streets with lots of bars and cool boutique shops, and being close to the subway it was never an issue getting anywhere.
I would definitely recommend Emily's apartment to anyone wanting to experience New York.
Emily was quick to reply to my queries before and after we chose her apartment. We met and I got the key easily along with basic instructions. Wifi worked fine (my main "requirement"). Nice, spacious apartment - the photo gives the right feel. Comfortable bed. You can hear some people passing on the street but little traffic and not a problem. Lots of good restaurants within 5 - 15 minute walk, grocery stores too. Just the neighborhood feel we wanted.
I was pleasantly surprised when I walked into the apartment. The 'spacious' in the title isn't exaggerated, especially for Manhattan!
The apartment is on the ground floor, and you can hear the elevator and the front door from the apartment. It didn’t bother us, but I think it’s worth mentioning for other visitors.
I didn't get to meet Emily, but the exchange of the keys trough the KeyCafe went without trouble.
I will definitely stay here again on my next stay in New York.
The apartment was great, Emily was really helpfull. I higly recommend this apartment.
Emily is a wonderful host-very attentive and easy to get in touch with. She was kind enough to be patient when we delay our time of the arrival due to traffic. The apartment is exactly as its described. Clean and all you need is there including local maps and information.
This host has 90 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Emily
I'm a New Yorker through and through (State and City), I'm a designer, dancer and artist. My latest venture is becoming a restaurateur. I enjoy great food, company, music and healthy living :o) oh, and, of course, traveling.