Gorgeous, quaint 2-1 Hyde Park Cottage built in 1926.
This house is an absolute gem, and has been completely spruced up and refurnished for short term stays!
2 Bedrooms, each with a queen-sized bed, plus a full-sized sleeper sofa (sleeps 6).
1 Large Bathroom w/ faux clawfoot tub, lots of closet space.
HUGE Screened in porch and backyard---the highlight of the house! Great outdoor lounge furniture, outdoor dining table with umbrella, and outdoor speakers (play music from lap top or iPhone).
Great Hyde Park Location, on a quiet street near Red River and 44th St, just 2.7 miles from downtown. Within 3 blocks of from great restaurants (Asti, Mothers, Hyde Park Bar & Grill) and coffee shops (Quacks, Dulce Vita), a full shopping center w/ HEB, Sears, Twin Liquors, Petco, Hollywood Video, 24hr Fitness, Jasons Deli and more.
Just a block away from Red River Bus line--easy 10min bus ride straight into heart of downtown!
Propane grill w/ grill tools.
Two (2), cute 7-speed cruiser bikes (his and hers) Perfect for commutes to the coffee shop or to go downtown for SXSW.
Brand new 40" Flat-Screen TV, with ATT-Uverse (U-200), surround sound, BluRay Player, Netflicks, Youtube, etc. Unlimited movies at no extra cost.
Super Hi-Speed internet (U-Verse Elite).
Fully stocked and loaded kitchen w/ all brand-new appliances---dish washer, microwave, toaster oven, ice maker, coffee maker, blender, etc.
New super comfy beds, comforters, sheets, and pillows.
HUGE very private fenced backyard, pet-friendly.
Backyard Games (horseshoes and Croquet).
Other Things to Note
Note that AirBnb does NOT charge you, or make any authorizations on your card, for the security deposit unless there is an issue at check out.
Please review rental rules before confirming. Confirmation of reservation conveys acceptance of rental rules. Thanks! :-)
1. Smoking is NOT allowed inside.
2. People other than those in the Guest party set forth above may not stay overnight in the property. Any other person in the property is the sole responsibility of Guest.
3. All of the units are privately owned; the owners and/or Emerson Guest Properties LLC are not responsible for any accidents, injuries or illness that occurs while on the premises or its facilities. The Homeowners and/or Emerson Guest Properties LLC are not responsible for the loss of personal belongings or valuables of the guest. By accepting this reservation, it is agreed that all guests are expressly assuming the risk of any harm arising from their use of the premises or others whom they invite to use the premise.
4. Keep the property and all furnishings in good order
5. Please respect the homeowner and neighbors by refraining from making excessive noise, playing loud music, or having an excessive number of people at the house at any time.
a. Events and parties are not allowed. This home is located in residential neighborhood. Loud noise, especially outside, is always discouraged, and strictly prohibited after 9pm. If neighbors can hear you or music from inside, that is also a violation of the noise policy. The security deposit will be forfeited if noise violations occur, and management reserves the right to terminate the rental early if deemed appropriate. If you are coming/going for a night out on the town, please be mindful of car door noise, etc when you return home
b. Illegal substances and/or activities are strictly prohibited.
c. Owner or Owner’s Representative reserves the right to ask guest to depart the premises if these rules is ignored.
6. Only use appliances for their intended uses
7. PETS are permitted only with prior approval
8. PARKING – Driveway parking is generally available. Street parking is generally allowed. We’re happy to answer questions about parking at your specific property.
9. Housekeeping: There is no daily housekeeping service. While linens and bath towels are included in the unit, daily maid service is not included in the rental rate. We suggest you bring beach towels. We do not permit towels or linens to be taken from the units.
a. All dishes used should be run through the dishwasher or hand washed prior to departure.
b. Please place any used towels in the bathtub prior to departure. Sheets can remain on the beds. Thanks!
10. Check out Policies. Guest should be checked out of home by 11am of last day, unless another time is specifically agreed upon. After making sure the house is securely closed up, please place all keys in lockbox and relock. Missing keys will result in a rekey fee being deducted from the security deposit.
a. Penalty for late check out is $50
Deposit will be refunded within 5 business days. Unless there are pets (14 days).
If you’d like to bring a pet, you must discuss/get approval when booking the reservation.
1. Guest to pay additional pet fee
2. All pets must comply with the following specifications (documentation from an accredited veterinarian must be provided by Guest upon request):
a. May not exceed 100 lbs.
b. Must be at least 1 year(s) of age or older.
c. Must be spayed or neutered.
d. Must be up-to-date on rabies vaccinations and all other vaccinations. Heartworm preventive is highly recommended.
e. A maximum number of 2 pets are allowed, unless an exception is specifically granted.
3. All pets must be leashed at all times when outside of the house or fully fenced yard.
4. Guest is responsible for cleaning up any/all pet refuse. A minimum of $50 clean up fee will be applied if pet refuse is left at the property.
5. Pets are not allowed on furniture at any time. Any evidence of pets on furniture may incur extra cleaning fees.
6. All pets are to be treated with a topical flea and tick repellent three (3) days prior to arrival. Fleas and ticks are very rampant in this area and can cause harmful/fatal illness to humans and pets. Deposit may be held up to 2 weeks with pets to ensure there are no fleas in the residence. If flea treatment is necessary, guest will be responsible for damages.
7. Pet must not cause damage to premises or furnishings. If damages are caused, the cost of the damage may be deducted from security deposit.
8.Guest should prevent pets from producing excessive noise at a level that disturbs neighbors. Failure to honor this rule can result in early termination of the rental without refund and/or withheld deposits.
9. Pet will not be left unattended for an undue length of time, either indoors or out. Pet will not be left unattended on balcony, patio, or porch.
10. Homeowner and/or Emerson Guest Properties LLC assume no responsibility for illness or injury that may incur to pets or humans while on the premises.
The Guest shall be solely responsible for the pet while on the property.
Thank you so much
Your recommendation for this property was everything you said and more
I enjoyed being in Hyde Park
I came to visit my daughter at UT Austin and enjoyed being in a neighbor and so convenient to the neighborhood restaurants and grocery stores
It you are a fan of Central Market, perfect part of town to be in
My daughter plays ultimate frisbee and being close to the athletic fields was a plus
I am looking forward to being a repeat customer
The house was exactly the way it was described. It was perfect. In a fabulous location and easy to get around from. Brooke was very responsive to emails.
This is a wonderful and comfortable home! Made our trip so nice! Beds are comfortable!!
Brooke was great and was easy to get a hold of during our booking process. We were a group of 6 ladies that stayed at the Hyde Park Cottage and we had plenty of room. It was in a great location, near downtown Austin. Pictures can not do this beautiful house any justice. The house was so much more spacious in person. The covered back patio was extremely relaxing and had lots of shade. The neighborhood was very quiet and we felt extremely safe. We absolutely loved the house and would recommend anyone to stay here - it was everything we wanted and more! Can't wait to go back if we ever need a place to stay at in Austin!
The house was great! We had permission to take our Shih Tzu with us on the trip and the neighborhood was beyond perfect for our morning and afternoon walks. The yard was a great plus and the enclosed patio become our favorite hangout. There's shops within walking distance and its super close to jump on the highway to get anywhere. Brooke was very professional and very accommodating.
Stayed in a really cute guest house in Hyde Park in north Austin! It was clean and cozy and perfect for myself and a few family members.
It was a little weird receiving a separate, extremely long rental agreement that was a requirement of staying there - my first clue that Brooke was a property manager instead of the home owner/renter. All went well though and I would recommend the spot to anyone visiting Austin with a crowd.
This host has 171 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
Long time Austinite and owner of Emerson Guest Properties. I love what I do! I know this town well, and can recommend many a fun activity. I pride myself on professional service and reliability. Can't wait to welcome you to Austin.