About this listing
Our modern private guesthouse sleeps four in 2 bedrooms with shared bathroom. Free, legal, safe parking on street--DO NOT PULL DOWN THE STEEP DRIVEWAY! Close-in yet quiet and secluded. Perks of a 5-star, price of 3-star. We provide a.m. beverages.
Guesthouse is building on the left. Notice how steep the driveway is--don't pull down.
Sleek, clean, new (finished in April, 2014), modern and completely private. The guesthouse has two spacious bedrooms connected by a large bathroom with fridge/ice-maker. (No cooking). If you need a kitchen, check out my other guesthouse listing, www.airbnb.com/rooms/(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN) people will be quite comfortable. Separate entrance from main house.
If the Modern Guesthouse is booked, or if you need a kitchen, please check out my other listing: www.airbnb.com/rooms/(PHONE NUMBER HIDDEN), nearby, also a separate guesthouse.
Base price is for 2 people sharing one of the rooms. If two people want both rooms, book it for 3, so the $25/night fee for extra room will be triggered. We provide full coffee and tea service. Refrigerator/ice-maker, iron, private entrance. The two bedrooms in the guesthouse share a large bath. Cable television, hi-speed wi-fi. Use of washer/dryer available. Parking on the street only.
Interaction with Guests
We will be in our separate quarters during guests' stay in the guesthouse. We are available for questions, issues, suggestions about fun stuff to do in Austin but we will not be in your way or nosy.
The guesthouse is less than a mile from Zilker Park (WALK TO ACL) Austin's famous 12 mile hike-and-bike trail, spring-fed Deep Eddy pool, Barton Springs pool, Restaurant Row, and a SUP and boat rental dock. Bike rentals are just about a mile away. Downtown bars and restaurants are about 4 miles away.
Our driveway is steep and curving, so we ask guests to please park on the street. We have had a couple of near disasters with people who parked in our one extra spot and tried to back out of the treacherous driveway. Our street is quiet with very little traffic, so it is perfectly safe to park on the street. We are happy to discuss picking guests up from airport. Cabs, Uber, Lyft and Cars2Go are also available.
Other Things to Note
Architect-designed home completed in April, 2014. Memory foam beds, highest quality sheets and towels, fine shampoo, conditioner, lotion provided, along with hair dryer and iron.
1. Parking on the street only.
2. Smoking is allowed on outside decks only.
3. Pets are negotiable, depending on size, age, and number. We must discuss the pet BEFORE you arrive. You may not just show up with a little dog. We'll provide the bags but you also must pick up after your pet.
4. In the bathroom, you'll find lovely plush white towels for bathing. Please do not use these towels for wiping feet, going to the lakes, or wiping up coffee--grrrr. You'll also find old beach towels and rag towels for taking to the lake or pool, for dirty jobs, wiping feet when it's wet outside, or wiping off the outdoor furniture. Please pay attention to this distinction and don't ruin the nice white towels.
5. Pricing: the base price is for two people sharing one room. If you need both rooms, it's another $25/night even if it's only two people. When you make the rezo, ask for 3 people, so it'll trigger the extra fee.
4. Recycling--we recycle everything-and we'd like our guests to do the same--I frequently have to dig plastic bottles and other recyclables out of the trash after guests leave. Sigh. We provide recycling bins and we think it's important. Plastic, paper, cans--all go in the recycling bins.
We hope our guests will treat our lovely new house just as they would treat their own possessions. Some holiday and special occasion weekends have a three night minimum. Please be sure to check the calendar when booking