For your lodging consideration we are offering one clean, comfortable, furnished bedroom with private full-bathroom and common living areas in a ranch-style, 3-bedroom/1.5-bath house. Being located away from busy urban centers and situated only 4-blocks from the beautiful turquoise-blue waters of the Pacific Ocean, our lodging provides peaceful solitude while offering amenities for your convenience, enjoyment and relaxation. Our home is surrounded by a gently sloping terraced yard with peek-a-boo ocean view, landscaped with lush tropical vegetation, cooled by refreshing trade wind breezes and soothed with distant sounds of surf along the rocky volcanic coastline. Pahoa Village is located 6-miles from our property. There you will find banks, gasoline stations, grocery stores, restaurants, post office and a variety of small shops. In town you will be able to obtain necessary provisions for your stay. Save big money on lodging while in Hawaii with our affordable residential accommodation!
Room reservations should be booked at least 24-hours prior to our listed check-in time.
OCCUPANCY, ROOM RATES & LODGING TAXES:
• Single or Double Occupancy, Non-smoking Room
• Sunday - Thursday: $59 per night
• Friday & Saturday: $70 per night
• Rates include 4.166% Hawaii General Excise and 9.25% Hawaii Transient Accommodations Taxes
• Complimentary Breakfast - cereal, fresh tropical fruits, juices, milk, coffee and tea
• Bedroom furnishings: Serta queen platform bed, nightstand, reading lamp, telephone, alarm clock, chest-of-drawers, flat-screen HDTV, ceiling fan, clothes hangers, laundry basket and ample closet space
• Free local telephone calls
• Cable TV and secured wireless high-speed Internet (mobile computer device required)
• Room provided with locked keyed entry for security and privacy
• Separate private full-bathroom provided with clean towel sets, liquid hand soap, bath bar soap and toilet paper
• Fully equipped kitchen for preparing in-home meals
• Barbecue grill for outside cooking
• Back yard tiki torches for enjoying nights while listening to sounds of the ocean surf
• Enclosed carport for protected vehicle parking
• Postal delivery and pick-up service
• Bus route with island wide service 1-block from property
• Ocean front county park 3-blocks away
• Guest beach towels and umbrellas provided
• Fee-for-use charges (please see House Rules)
We highly recommend the use of a rental motor vehicle as your primary source of transportation when visiting The Big Island. Rental vehicles provide excellent scheduling flexibility, easy access to points of interest and facilitate pick-up and transport of necessary provisions.
The Hawai'i County Mass Transit System is very economical to use however, only provides transportation to towns along principal roads and highways. Weekday bus service is fairly regular with reduced scheduling on Saturdays and restricted regional service on Sundays. Buses in our area do not operate on Sundays in addition to State and Federal holidays. For more information on bus routes, schedules and fees search: "Hele-On Bus Hawaii". NOTE: Due to its limited service and schedule, we generally do not recommend guests using the public transportation system solely for getting around The Big Island.
Special arrangements can be made to provide guests with private transportation. This service is available to guests requiring lodging and transportation for 5-nights of stay. Please contact us for details on our vehicle service and rates.
SOME OF OUR FAVORITE BIG ISLAND LOCATIONS:
• Hawaiʻi Volcanoes National Park (37 mi.)
• Punaluʻu Black Sand Beach (66 mi.)
• South Point / Papakōlea "Green Sand" Beach (93 mi)
• Puʻuhonua o Hōnaunau National Park (117 mi.)
• Kealakekua Bay State Park (120 mi.)
• ʻImiloa Astronomy Center (24 mi.)
• Mauna Kea Volcano Observatories (65 mi.)
• Hilo Bay / Liliʻuokalani Gardens / Coconut Island (24 mi.)
• Rainbow Falls (25 mi.)
• Hawaiʻi Tropical Botanical Gardens (31 mi.)
• Akaka Falls State Park (39 mi.)
• Waipiʻo Valley Lookout (75 mi.)
• Pololū Valley Lookout (108 mi.)
• Hapuna Beach State Park (92 mi.)
• Petroglyphs near Mauna Lani (98 mi)
• Lava Tree State Monument (9 mi.)
• Kapoho Waiʻopae Tide Pools (17 mi.)
• Ahalanui "Hot Spring" Park (18 mi.)
• Isaac Hale Beach Park - boat launch for lava viewing (19 mi.)
• Kalapana - hiking tours for lava viewing (16 mi.)
Permit Number: W40149214
Adrian and Susan are the best host we have ever, we are end up arrive very late of the day 1am, Adrian stay up just for us to arrive and next morning prepare a nice breakfast for us, helping us to resolve our rental car issue, during the staying time we are feeling at home, they are feel like family. by the day we leave, they are wake up at 5 am to prepare breakfast for us, what is a nice couple, if we come back to big island again, it will not for the view, it will for visiting them. 100% highly recommend.
i couldn't imagine a better place for staying on the Big Island. so lovely people. the House and the rooms are very nice, especially the bed so confortable. you've got your own key, own bathroom and you can use all the kitchenstuff.
every morning is a special healthy breakfast prepared.
for your daytrips you will get a lot of Informations and recommandations from Adrian & Susan
Thank you for such a great time....we learnt a lot from each other (traditional german breakfast, how important paint is) :-)
hope to see you soon, all the best for u and we'll stay in contact.
Adrian and Susan are extremely nice people. They gave us a lot of tips about the area near Hilo. And the fruit breakfast is delicious. The house is near the coast line, you can walk to the sea shore and enjoy the view.
A great stay with Adrian and Susan. Susan introduced us to some island fruit we had never had before. Chatting with them about their story of coming to Hawaii and being part of the culture was very interesting and romantic! The accomodations were very clean. We slept well aided by the music of the tree frogs. A great B and B.
Excellent! Wonderful hosts, perfect accomodation and absolutely marvellous breakfast. The best stay I had for a long time! Thank you so much for everything!!
My only regret about staying at Adrian and Susan's is that we could only stay one night. The room was beautiful, clean, and comfortable. The bed was very comfortable. Unfortunately we did not get a chance to meet Susan, but Adrian was very friendly and helpful. The breakfast they provided was lovely. Nothing too extravagant, but the fresh fruit, cereal, juice, and coffee they set out for us was a perfect way to start the day. I hope to stay with them again, and highly recommend staying with them if you are in the area.
We enjoyed our stay at their home. Susan and Adrian were very very helpful in deciding what places to visit in Big Island.Ask them where you can find Hawaiian-made souvenirs. They are very flexible and accommodating with our daily schedules.Loved my stay at their beautiful home.
Adrian & Susan, they are very friendly and helpful.
Room was beautiful, clean and comfortable. On the bed was very comfortable.
They provide breakfast was lovely.
Fresh fruit, cereal, juice and coffee,
By the way,I love their combination of papaya and banana, Miss ...
They provide us a perfect way to start the day.
I only regret that only spend 3 nights ...
Oshima also had a chance to travel in the future,
I would still choose Adrian & Susan's GARDEN HOUSE B&B, NEAR THE OCEAN.
Adrian very carefully will give you a receipt for housing and very professional
Understand Adrian seriously in business B&B
Adrian is our fifth most professional masters
Felt very good.
We miss u.
From Taiwan Andy & Enid.^^
Adrian and Susan were excellent hosts. They went far above and beyond any b&b hosts that we have ever stayed with. Their tips and advice greatly enriched our experience on the Big Island. If we ever make it back to Hawaii we will definitely stay here again. There is fresh fruit available everywhere in Pahoa and we found the kokee frogs to be a soothing sound to fall asleep to.
Two thumbs way up!
We loved our stay with Adrien and Susan! Heir home is impeccably clean and cozy. They were quick to suggest things to see and make the most of our short stay. You can tell they take pride in hosting guests. Also the breakfasts were delicious!!