About this listing
You will get an entire private cozy 2 bedroom apartment (for 1-6 guests) on a safe, tree-lined street ONLY 2 1/2 blocks to Harvard Sq & steps to Pennypacker Dorms! Enjoy 2 bedrooms + living room, fully equipped kitchen, dining area, on-street guest parking permit, A/C, heat, wifi, and washer and dryer FOR LESS $ than the cost* of 1 hotel room (must be within 1/4 mile of Harvard Sq, inclusive of all their hotel fees and taxes, for same dates and total number of guests, and verifiable on Expedia).
IDEAL LOCATION - HEART OF HARVARD!!!
AIRY PRIVATE COZY SIMPLE APARTMENT WITH 2-BEDROOMS, LIVING ROOM, DINING AREA, and FULL KITCHEN! Perfect for 1 to 4 guests (5 or 6 can be added if needed) for short visits, ie. College Tours, Graduations, Reunions, Conferences, Job Interviews, Visiting Professors, Parent Weekend, Holidays, Vacation, HOTC Regatta, Marathon, Sporting Events, Harvard, MIT, Tufts, Lesley, BU, NE, BC, etc.
LOCATED AT CORNER OF HARVARD STREET and REMINGTON STREET: charming, safe, residential, tree-lined neighborhood. "Hotel Veritas" and Harvard's Penny Packer Freshman Dorm are at next corners.
-ONLY 1 - 4 BLOCKS TO: Harvard Square Red Line T Public Metro/ Subway/ Buses, Harvard Yard, Restaurants, Groceries, Shopping, Performances, Car Rental, Lectures, Museums, Playground, Charles River, HKSG, HSE, Public Library, HMS Shuttle, Paid Parking, etc.
-HBS, HLS and HAVARD ATHLETICS (10 min walk); MIT (15 Min walk); TUFTS (2 miles); BOSTON (2 m); Logan (6 m); and Amtrak South Station (3 m); Porter Square / Commuter Rail (1 m).
#1 BEDROOM (1 Queen Bed-sleeps 2, + 1 Single Bed-sleeps 1),
#2 BEDROOM (1 Double/ Full Bed-sleeps 2),
LIVING ROOM (with single couch-sleeps 1), DINING AREA, and FULL KITCHEN, Microwave; Coffee Maker, Dishware, and Cookware, and
TILED BATHROOM w/ Bathtub and Shower.
PROVIDED: Sheets, 1 set of Towels per person, Internet, CD Player, DVD, VCR, Iron, Hairdryer, Alarm Clock Radio, Huge Windows, A/C, Room Fans and Lamps, Heat and Hot Water, and MAPS and BROCHURES OF CAMBRIDGE and BOSTON,
- BEDS INCLUDE A MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS, MATTRESS COVER, COMFORTER, and EXTRA BLANKET,
- LIMITED STORAGE SPACE FOR GUESTS INCLUDE:
1. Bedroom Closet and Bureau/ Dresser,
2. Some Kitchen Cupboard Shelves and Fridge Shelves,
- FULL-SIZE WASHERS & DRYERS (1st floor, coin operated),
- DAILY ACCESS TO YOGA and GYM: 1 Block ($15 per class/day),
24 HOUR COMMITMENT TO COMFORT & VALUE:
- If you want a cozy private 2 Bedroom apt for the same or less than the total cost* of only 1 hotel room in Harvard Sq, then this is the place for you!
(*total hotel room cost comparison is based on currently available verifiable on Expedia single hotel room that is inclusive of all their hotel fees and hotel taxes and must be within .25 miles of Harvard Square T stop)
- We can suggest places to eat and things to do and will try to accommodate your wishes, needs, and concerns upon notification.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE BOOKING:
After reading all the details of the listing and giving me your info, you may inquire about availability for my 2 bedroom apartment. Rates are only updated 30 days ahead and are subject to increase until booking is accepted.
Please also read all info in "HOUSE RULES." If I don't answer right away, I may be traveling with limited internet so please don't hesitate to message again.
My apartment is not child-proofed so it is not be suitable for unsupervised children 5 years old or younger.
Furniture, linens, and basic furnishings in 2 bedrooms, living room, dining area, kitchen with some cabinet space, bathroom, storage in dressers and some closet space in each bedroom, 24 hour coin-operated washers and dryers in basement, and on-street residential guest parking permit.
Interaction with guests
Please feel free to text or email me 24/7 and I will reply by email or text as soon as I can get online to answer your questions or address your wishes, requests, or concerns.
Other things to note
We welcome friendly, easy-going, non-demanding, respectful, guests and well-behaved children (be aware that my place is not child-proofed & not suitable for unsupervised guests under 5 years old). My apartment will have starter supplies and made clean for your visit (please notify us immediately if something isn't cleaned to your liking upon check in or if something needs attention). While most everyone is happy with my apartment and comfortable, if you expect a newly renovated luxury vacation hotel accommodations, then please choose a fancy hotel ie. the Charles Hotel in Harvard Square.
Although their are window blinds in each room, you may want to bring an eye mask as they don't block out all the light. Since this is an apartment building, you might also like to bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.
PLEASE DO NOT REQUEST TO BOOK UNTIL AFTER YOU HAVE READ ALL THE INFO AND THEN MESSAGED WITH YOUR ANSWERS TO THE QUESTIONS BELOW. WHEN I GET YOUR ANSWERS, I CAN REPLY TO LET YOU KNOW IF MY APARTMENT WILL BE AVAILABLE AND SUITABLE FOR YOUR NEEDS.
PLEASE READ ALL INFO ON THIS APARTMENT LISTING, AND THEN MESSAGE ME YOUR ANSWERS OF THE QUESTIONS BELOW:
- 1. List Full Names and Brief Description of EACH Guest (if under 21 or over 65, please give their ages).
- 2. A. What Day and Time will you Check In? (Regular Check In Time: 5pm - 8pm)
B. What Day and Time will you Check Out? (Regular Check Out: By 10am)
C. Are you arriving by Airplane, Subway, Bus, Taxi, and/or Rental Car? (Do you need directions and/or a residential guest on-street parking permit?)
- 3A. What is the purpose of your trip?
B. How many beds do you want? (see sleeping options in listing)
C. Do you have Special Requests or want any additional services or amenities? (Please see fees for sample extras below, and pay for them in cash upon arrival)
-EARLY CHECK-IN: 2:00pm-5:00pm - $25 (Earlier Check Ins BEFORE 2:00pm requires payment of an additional day)
-LATE CHECK-IN: AFTER 8:00pm - $25
-LATE CHECK-OUT: 10:00am - 1:00pm - $25 (Later Check Outs after 1:00pm requires payment of an additional day)
PLEASE NOTE: IF YOU ARE NOT FRIENDLY, OR NOT WILLING TO STAY IN TOUCH BY EMAIL, OR YOU ARE FUSSY OR DEMANDING, PLEASE DO NOT BOOK WITH US BUT INSTEAD, FIND A LUXURY HOTEL/ APARTMENT.
- 1. This is my modest, but cozy home that I love making available to family and friends (old and new) for short-term visits only.
- 2. Stairs and Elevator: We're on 2nd floor with steps up to building entrance, and an additional 7 steps up (or down) to elevator.
- 3. FREE Baggage Storage (10:00am - 1:00PM on day of check out may be available upon request)
- 4.A. As maintenance and furniture may need to be updated 9:00am - 5:00pm during your stay, we will try to notify you in advance. (Updates may not always be reflected in listing photos.)
B. If you have an urgent issue, please contact us right away & we will get it done as soon as possible.
C. Please notify us by email immediately upon arrival if something is missing, damaged, dirty, or broken. DO NOT WAIT (OR NOT LET US HAVE A CHANCE) TO ADDRESS ANY CONCERNS OR PROBLEMS before you complain or have left and checked-out to say something as we can't help.
- 5. A. Please only whisper when walking down outside alleyway (between buildings) and while walking in halls at all times
B. Keep quiet in the apartment from 11:00 pm - 7:00 am.
C. ONLY THE PREREGISTERED PREPAID GUESTS Allowed in apartment
D. NO additional visitor(s) allowed at any time, No parties, No smoking, No pets, No outside business, No illegal activities, etc.
- 6. NIGHTLY BASE RATES FOR MY 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT CHANGE WITH THE SEASON AND ARE BASED ON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE (BABIES AND CHILDREN INCLUDED), TIME OF YEAR, AND THE CURRENT ONLINE RATE (AT TIME OF BOOKING) OF THE CHEAPEST AVAILABLE SINGLE HOTEL ROOM, WITHIN .25 MILES OF HARVARD SQUARE (see list below). RATES, AMENITIES, & AVAILABILITY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE UNTIL BOOKING IS CONFIRMED WITH PAYMENT.
TO GET LOWEST RATE OFFER FOR MY MODEST 2 BEDROOM APT with all the conveniences of Harvard Square while saving on hotel costs:
SEND THE CURRENT EXPEDIA ONLINE QUOTE FOR TOTAL COST FOR AN AVAILABLE SINGLE HOTEL ROOM WITHIN .25 miles of HARVARD SQUARE.
MY 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT COST WILL BEAT OR MATCH THE TOTAL COSTS FOR THAT SINGLE HOTEL ROOM, PROVIDED THEIR RATE IS:
A. VERIFIABLE ONLINE on Expedia w/in 24 hours of your reservation booking,
B. Inclusive of all of their HOTEL FEES & TAXES, &
C. FOR SAME: EXACT DATES; TOTAL NUMBER OF BEDS & BEDROOMS NEEDED; TOTAL NUMBER OF GUESTS (ADULTS & CHILDREN); & REQUESTED EXTRA OPTIONS (ie. WiFi, early check in, late check out, etc.)
- TOTAL RATE QUOTE MUST BE ONLY FROM ONE OF THESE 8 HARVARD SQUARE HOTELS:
1. "Hotel Veritas," 2. "Irving House at Harvard," 3. "The Charles Hotel," 4. "The Harvard Square Hotel," 5. "The Sheraton Commander," 6. "A Friendly Inn at Harvard," & 7. "A Bed & Breakfast In Cambridge."
Our family background is in medicine, venture capital, academia, digital heath, oceanography, and high tech. As world travelers, educated at Yale, Harvard, Columbia, & UCDavis, we seek out great adventures, spending time with family and friends, and good music and food. If you are like us, we'd love to share the wonders of Cambridge and New England and welcome you into our extended Ivy family.