About this listing
We love hosting family & new & old friends in our ideally located basic apartment that's virtually on the Harvard campus. For the price* of 1 hotel room (must be currently verifiable online), that's within 1/4 miles of Harvard Square, you'll get our entire private fully furnished unit, that sleeps 1 to 5 guests, and consists of 2 comfy bedrooms, living room, dining area, & fully equipped kitchen.
Sunny livingroom (photo to be posted later to include additions and changes, ie., Loveseats, VCR, DVD & CD Players, etc.)
IDEAL LOCATION - HEART OF HARVARD!!!
AIRY PRIVATE COSY SIMPLE APARTMENT WITH 2-BEDROOMS, LIVING ROOM, DINING AREA, & FULL KITCHEN! Perfect for 1 to 4 guests (5 or 6 can be added if needed) for short visits, ie. College Tours, Graduations, Reunions, Conferences, Job Interviews, Visiting Professors, Parent Weekend, Holidays, Vacation, HOTC Regatta, Marathon, Sporting Events, Harvard, MIT, Tufts, Lesley, BU, NE, BC, etc.
LOCATED AT HARVARD STREET & REMINGTON STREET: charming, safe. residential, tree-lined neighborhood. "Hotel Veritas" & Harvard's Penny Packer Freshman Dorm are at next corners.
-ONLY 1 - 4 BLOCKS TO: Harvard Square Red Line T Public Metro/ Subway/ Buses, Harvard Yard, Restaurants, Groceries, Shopping, Performances, Car Rental, Lectures, Museums, Playground, Charles River, HKSG, HSE, Public Library, HMS Shuttle, Paid Parking, etc.
-HBS, HLS & HAVARD ATHLETICS (10 min walk); MIT (15 Min walk); TUFTS (2 miles); BOSTON (2 m); Logan (6 m); & Amtrak South Station (3 m); Porter Square / Commuter Rail (1 m).
#1 BEDROOM (1 Queen Bed + 1 Single Bed),
#2 BEDROOM (1 Double/ Full Bed),
LIVING ROOM, DINING AREA, & FULL KITCHEN, Microwave; Coffee Maker, Dishware, & Cookware,
TILED BATHROOM w/ Bathtub & Shower.
PROVIDED: Sheets, 1 set of Towels per person, Internet, BASIC Cable TV, CD, DVD, VCR, Iron, Hairdryer, Alarm Clock Radio, Huge Windows, Room Fans & Lamps, Heat & Hot Water, & MAPS & BROCHURES OF CAMBRIDGE & BOSTON,
- BEDS INCLUDE A MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS, MATTRESS COVER, COMFORTER, & EXTRA BLANKET,
- LIMITED STORAGE SPACE FOR GUESTS INCLUDE:
1. Bedroom Closet & Bureau/ Dresser,
2. Some Kitchen Cupboard Shelves & Fridge Shelves,
- FULL-SIZE WASHERS & DRYERS (1st floor, coin operated),
- DAILY ACCESS TO YOGA & GYM: 1 Block ($15 per class/day),
24 HOUR COMMITMENT TO COMFORT & VALUE:
- If you want a cosy private 2 Bedroom apt for the same or less than the total cost* of only 1 hotel room in Harvard Sq, then this is the place for you!
(*total hotel room cost comparison is based on currently available verifiable online single hotel room that is inclusive of all their hotel fees & hotel taxes & must be within .25 miles of Harvard Square T stop)
- We can suggest places to eat and things to do and will try to accommodate your wishes, needs, and concerns upon notification.
- NIGHTLY RATES FOR MY 2 BEDROOM ARE BASED ON THE CURRENT COST FOR 1 HOTEL ROOM AVAILABLE WITHIN .25 MILES OF HARVARD SQUARE. PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR RATES FOR OUR 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT WILL VARY ACCORDING TO SEASON, BUT ARE GUARANTEED CHEAPER THAN (OR SAME COST AS) THE LOWEST CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ONLINE SINGLE HOTEL ROOM WITHIN .25 MILES OF HARVARD SQUARE for the same dates, same requested amenities, & total number of guests (adults & children), & inclusive of all their hotel fees & taxes.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE BOOKING:
After reading all the details of the listing and giving me your info, you may inquire about availability for my 2 bedroom apartment. Rates are only updated 30 days ahead and are subject to increase until booking is accepted.
Please also read all info in "HOUSE RULES." If I don't answer right away, I may be traveling with limited internet so please don't hesitate to message again.
My apartment is not child-proofed so it is not be suitable for children 5 years old or younger.
Interaction with Guests
Please feel free to text or email me 24/7 and I will reply by email or text as soon as able to answer to any questions or attend to any wish, request, or concern.
Other Things to Note
We welcome friendly, easy-going, non-demanding, respectful, guests & well-behaved children (be aware that my place is not child-proofed & not suitable for guests under 5 years old). My apartment will have starter supplies and made clean for your visit (please notify us immediately if something isn't cleaned to your liking upon check in). While most everyone is happy & surprised at how spacious and comfy it is, if you expect vacation luxury hotel accommodations, then please choose a fancy hotel ie. the Charles Hotel in Harvard Square.
Although their are window blinds in each room, you may want to bring an eye mask as they don't block out all the light. Since this is an apartment building, you might also like to bring ear plugs if you are a light sleeper.
BEFORE RESERVING, INQUIRE ABOUT AVAILABILITY & PLEASE ANSWER QUESTIONS BELOW:
- 1. Names & Brief Description of EACH Guest (if a child or elderly, please give their ages).
- 2. A. What Day & Time will you Check In?
B. What Day & Time will you Check Out?
C. Are you arriving byAirplane, Subway, Bus, Taxi, or Rental Car?
- 3. A. What is the purpose of your trip?
B. What wishes and needs do you have for your stay?
C. IF YOU ARE NOT FRIENDLY & NOT EASY GOING, OR YOU ARE DEMANDING & LOOKING FOR A LUXURY HOTEL APARTMENT, OUR PLACE IS NOT FOR YOU.
D. Do you have Special Requests or want Any Extra Options?
(Regular Check In Time: 5pm - 8pm, & Regular Check Out: By 10am)
- 1. This is my simple, but cozy home that I love making available to family and friends (old and new) for short-term visits only.
- 2. Stairs & Elevator: We're on 2nd floor with steps up to building entrance, & an additional 7 steps up (or down) to elevator.
- 3. If you want any additional services or amenities, please request them at time of booking, and pay for them in cash upon arrival, ie:
EARLY CHECK IN (1:00pm-5:00pm - $25),
LATE CHECK IN (AFTER 8:00pm - $25)
LATE CHECK OUT (10:00am - 1:00pm - $25)
- 4. FREE Baggage Storage (10:00am - 1:00PM on day of check out may be available upon request)
- 5. As maintenance & furniture may need to be updated 9:00am - 5:00pm during your stay, we will try to notify you in advance. If it's an urgent maintenance issue, it will be done as soon as possible. Updates may not always be reflected in apt photos. Please notify us by email immediately if something is missing, needs cleaning or repair, or could be improved.
- 6. Please keep voices quiet outside near building & inside halls at all times, and quiet in the apartment from 11:00 pm - 7:00 am: No parties, No unpaid or non-preregistered visitors allowed at any time, No smoking, No pets, No outside business, No illegal activities, etc.
- 7. NIGHTLY BASE RATES FOR MY 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT CHANGE WITH THE SEASON AND ARE BASED ON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE (BABIES AND CHILDREN INCLUDED), TIME OF YEAR, AND THE CURRENT ONLINE RATE (AT TIME OF BOOKING) OF THE CHEAPEST AVAILABLE SINGLE HOTEL ROOM, WITHIN .25 MILES OF HARVARD SQUARE (see list below). RATES, AMENITIES, & AVAILABILITY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE UNTIL BOOKING IS CONFIRMED WITH PAYMENT.
TO GET LOWEST RATE OFFER FOR MY MODEST 2 BEDROOM APT with all the conveniences of Harvard Square while saving on hotel costs:
SEND THE ONLINE QUOTE FOR TOTAL COST FOR A CURRENTLY AVAILABLE SINGLE HOTEL ROOM WITHIN .25 miles of HARVARD SQUARE (CHOOSE ONLY FROM HOTEL LIST BELOW) by putting in exact dates, total number of guests (adults AND children), & number of beds and bedrooms desired.
MY 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT COST WILL BEAT OR MATCH THE TOTAL COSTS FOR THAT SINGLE HOTEL ROOM, PROVIDED THEIR RATE IS:
A. VERIFIABLE ONLINE w/in 24 hours of your reservation booking,
B. Inclusive of all of their HOTEL FEES & TAXES, &
C. FOR SAME: EXACT DATES; TOTAL NUMBER OF BEDS & BEDROOMS NEEDED; TOTAL NUMBER OF GUESTS (ADULTS AND CHILDREN); & REQUESTED EXTRA OPTIONS (ie. WiFi, early check in, late check out, etc.)
- TOTAL RATE QUOTE MUST BE ONLY FROM ONE OF THESE 8 HARVARD SQUARE HOTELS:
1. "Hotel Veritas," 2. "Irving House at Harvard," 3. "The Charles Hotel," 4. "The Harvard Square Hotel," 5. "The Sheraton Commander," 6. "A Friendly Inn at Harvard," & 7. "A Bed & Breakfast In Cambridge."
Our family background is in medicine, venture capital, academia, digital heath, oceanography, and high tech. As world travelers, educated at Yale, Harvard, Columbia, & UCDavis, we seek out great adventures, spending time with family and friends, and good music and food. If you are like us, we'd love to share the wonders of Cambridge and New England and welcome you into our extended Ivy family.