About this listing
Basic layout of sunny livingroom (photo to be posted later to include additions and changes, ie., Loveseats, VCR, DVD & CD Players, etc.)
IDEAL LOCATION - HEART OF HARVARD!!!
AIRY PRIVATE COSY APARTMENT WITH 2-BEDROOMS, LIVING ROOM, & FULL KITCHEN! Perfect for 4-5 guests (6 if needed) for short visits, ie. College Tours, Graduations, Reunions, Conferences, Job Interviews, Visiting Professors, Parent Weekend, Holidays, Vacation, HOTC Regatta, Marathon, Sporting Events, Harvard, MIT, Tufts, Lesley, BU, NE, BC, etc.
AT HARVARD STREET & REMINGTON STREET: charming, safe. residential, tree-lined neighborhood. "Hotel Veritas" & Harvard's Penny Packer Freshman Dorm are at next corners.
-ONLY 1 - 4 BLOCKS TO: Harvard Square Red Line T Public Metro/ Subway/ Buses, Harvard Yard, Restaurants, Groceries, Shopping, Performances, Car Rental, Lectures, Museums, Playground, Charles River, HKSG, HSE, Public Library, HMS Shuttle, Paid Parking, etc.
-HBS, HLS & HAVARD ATHLETICS (10 min walk); MIT (15 Min walk); TUFTS (2 miles); BOSTON (2 m); Logan (6 m); & Amtrak South Station (3 m); Porter Square / Commuter Rail (1 m).
#1 BEDROOM (1 Queen Bed + 1 Single Bed),
#2 BEDROOM (1 Double/ Full Bed),
LIVING ROOM, DINING AREA, & FULL KITCHEN & Dishwasher, Microwave; Coffee Maker, Dishware, & Cookware,
TILED BATHROOM w/ Bathtub & Shower.
PROVIDED: Towels & Sheets, Internet, BASIC Cable TV, CD, DVD, VCR, Iron, Hairdryer, Alarm Clock Radio, Huge Windows, Room Fans & Lamps, Heat & Hot Water, & MAPS & BROCHURES OF CAMBRIDGE & BOSTON,
- BEDS INCLUDE A MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS, MATTRESS COVER, COMFORTER, & EXTRA BLANKET,
- LIMITED STORAGE SPACE FOR GUESTS INCLUDE:
1. Bedroom Closet & Bureau/ Dresser,
2. Some Kitchen Cupboard Shelves & Fridge Shelves,
- FULL-SIZE WASHERS & DRYERS (1st floor, coin operated),
- DAILY ACCESS TO YOGA & GYM: 1 Block ($15 per day),
- LIMITED ON-STREET PARKING MAY BE ARRANGED IN ADVANCE AT $20 PER DAY (SUBJECT TO AVAILABILITY),
24 HOUR COMMITMENT TO COMFORT & VALUE:
- If you want a cosy private 2 Bedroom apt for the price of only 1 hotel room in Harvard Sq, then this is the place for you!
- We can suggest places to eat and things to do and will try to accommodate your wishes, needs, and concerns upon notification.
- NIGHTLY RATES FOR MY 2 BEDROOM BEGIN AT $159 BUT INCREASE DURING HIGH SEASON AND FOR EXTRA GUESTS. HOWEVER, RATES ARE GUARANTEED CHEAPER THAN (OR SAME COST AS) THE LOWEST CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ONLINE SINGLE HOTEL ROOM WITHIN .25 MILES OF HARVARD SQUARE for the same dates, same requested amenities, & total number of guests (adults & children), & inclusive of all their hotel fees & taxes.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE BOOKING:
After reading all the details of the listing and giving me your info, you may inquire about availability for my 2 bedroom apartment. Rates are only updated 30 days ahead and are subject to increase until booking is accepted.
Please also read all info in "HOUSE RULES." If I don't answer right away, I may be traveling with limited internet so please don't hesitate to message again.
My apartment is not child-proofed so it is not be suitable for children 5 years old or younger.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT AVAILABILITY, PLEASE GIVE REQUIRED INFO:
- 1. Guest Names & Brief Description of EACH Guest (if a child or elderly, please give their ages).
- 2. Day & Time for Check In? Day & Time for Check Out? Method: Air, Subway, Bus, Taxi, or Car? (Regular Check In Time is 3pm - 8pm, Regular Check Out is by 11am)
- 3. What are your Special Needs or Any Extra Options you want? (See sample additional options below, ie. early check in, late check out, parking permit, etc)
- 1. My apartment will be comfy & convenient (if you want luxury, then please choose a fancy hotel ie. the Charles Hotel). We welcome friendly, easy-going, non-demanding, respectful, guests & well-behaved children (be aware that my place is not child-proofed). This is my home that I love making available to family and friends (old and new) for short-term visits only, so please do not expect tons of storage space.
- 2. Some Stairs: We're on 2nd floor with 3 steps up to the building entrance, and then an additional 7 steps up (or down) to the elevator.
- 3. Any Requested Additional Special Services NOT previously paid for during booking, may be arranged for and paid in cash after arrival.
- 4. Arrangements for Special Early Check In before 3pm or Late Check In after 8pm may be available (EARLY CHECK IN 12pm - $25, LATE CHECK IN AFTER 8pm - $25)
- 5. Arrangements for Special Extended Late Check Out after 11am may be available (LATE CHECK OUT UP TO 2pm - $25)
- 6. FREE Baggage Storage after 11am check out may be available upon request
- 7. $20 per day: Parking Permit (Must be reserved in advance. Refundable Guest Parking Permit Deposit Required $100)
- 8. - Apt furnishings will be updated periodically, however, the changes may not always be reflected in the photos.
- 9. The necessary building and apartment maintenance, upkeep, or repairs may require occasional apartment access but are generally scheduled in advance between 9-5. As always, we welcome all your suggestions for improvements.
- 10. My apartment is only offered for your personal use for short-term overnight accommodations only. Please be respectful of others and observe quiet in the halls at all times, and also in the apartment between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am: No parties, No unpaid or non-preregistered visitors allowed at any time, No smoking, No pets, No outside business, No illegal activities, etc.
- 11. NIGHTLY BASE RATES FOR MY 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT CHANGE WITH THE SEASON AND ARE BASED ON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE (BABIES AND CHILDREN INCLUDED), TIME OF YEAR, AND THE CURRENT ONLINE RATE (AT TIME OF BOOKING) OF THE CHEAPEST AVAILABLE HOTEL ROOM WITHIN .25 MILES OF HARVARD SQUARE (see list below). RATES, AMENITIES, & AVAILABILITY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE UNTIL BOOKING IS CONFIRMED WITH PAYMENT.
TO GET LOWEST RATE OFFER FOR MY MODEST 2 BEDROOM APT with all the conveniences of Harvard Square while saving on hotel costs:
SEND THE ONLINE QUOTE FOR TOTAL COST FOR A CURRENTLY AVAILABLE SINGLE HOTEL ROOM WITHIN .25 miles of HARVARD SQUARE (CHOOSE ONLY FROM HOTEL LIST BELOW) by putting in exact dates, total number of guests (adults AND children), & number of beds and bedrooms desired.
MY 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT COST WILL BEAT OR MATCH THE TOTAL COSTS FOR THAT SINGLE HOTEL ROOM, PROVIDED THEIR RATE IS:
A. VERIFIABLE ONLINE w/in 24 hours of your reservation booking,
B. Inclusive of all of their HOTEL FEES & TAXES, &
C. FOR SAME: EXACT DATES; TOTAL NUMBER OF BEDS & BEDROOMS NEEDED; TOTAL NUMBER OF GUESTS (ADULTS AND CHILDREN); & REQUESTED EXTRA OPTIONS (ie. WiFi, Parking, etc.)
- TOTAL RATE QUOTE MUST BE ONLY FROM ONE OF THESE 8 HARVARD SQUARE HOTELS:
1. "Hotel Veritas," 2. "Irving House at Harvard," 3. "The Charles Hotel," 4. "The Harvard Square Hotel," 5. "The Sheraton Commander," 6. "A Friendly Inn at Harvard," & 7. "A Bed & Breakfast In Cambridge."
The flat is very nice. We stayed there for 4 nights. It's in the heart of Harvard. The house is very cosy with kitchen and internet. you can cook food there. Also the host is very nice and kind. She give us some suggestion on our tour. Thanks a lot.
Fantastic accommodations centrally located in a beautiful area. Unlike many Airbnb offers that aren't true to the photos posted, we got exactly what was shown - so no bad surprises. The apt was clean and super comfortable. K is a great host who provided lots of good information about the area, and even availed herself to show us around the Harvard campus. My family and I highly recommend it to anyone traveling to Boston.
Our host was wonderful and very helpful. She made us feel like family. The location is perfect to really explore Harvard. I was speaking at a summer Harvard Camp and it was a perfect location for my family to not only enjoy Cambridge but also Boston. The metro stop is a short walk.
Thanks so much for your warm review & for being such wonderful guests. We're happy to include you as part of our extended Harvard family & hope to see you again soon. Just to let you know, the workmen finally arrived (when you left) to do everything so next time you visit, the apartment will be even better. :)
Le logement correspond à la description. Tout est correct mais bizarrement nous n'avons pas trouvé de casseroles dans la cuisine.
The host is very thoughtful and nice. She is also knowledgeable about this community. she is very nice and friendly towards kids too. we had a relax and warm experience here.
Great location, very convenient to reach by metro. Harvard is within walkable distance. The appartment is very convenient and has everything you need for a short stay. The host is responsive, friendly and caring, and provides all the information you may need for your stay in Cambridge.
Location was awesome, apartment was fitting for our party of 3. Host was unable to understand the communicative abilities of young international travellers and had unreasonable expectations of people who were staying for two days. Some of the specific demands which we presumed would be included in the $112USD cleaning fee were not. Things such as washing the linen and towels provided that we were checking out at 3am to depart for the next part of our journey was an unrealistic expectation considering the circumstances.
This host has 52 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Harvard
We're outgoing and love to travel and meet interesting people and make new friends. If you're a like minded visitor to Harvard, MIT, Boston, or Manhattan, we'd enjoy hosting you and sharing the wonders of Cambridge, New England and/or NY.