About this listing
We love hosting family & new & old friends in our ideally located 2 bedroom apartment w/cosy living room, dining area, & fully equipped kitchen, for the same total price as 1 hotel room (currently verifiable online) w/in .25 miles of Harvard Square!
Sunny livingroom (photo to be posted later to include additions and changes, ie., Loveseats, VCR, DVD & CD Players, etc.)
IDEAL LOCATION - HEART OF HARVARD!!!
AIRY PRIVATE COSY APARTMENT WITH 2-BEDROOMS, LIVING ROOM, DINING AREA, & FULL KITCHEN! Perfect for 1 to 4 guests (5 or 6 can be added if needed) for short visits, ie. College Tours, Graduations, Reunions, Conferences, Job Interviews, Visiting Professors, Parent Weekend, Holidays, Vacation, HOTC Regatta, Marathon, Sporting Events, Harvard, MIT, Tufts, Lesley, BU, NE, BC, etc.
AT HARVARD STREET & REMINGTON STREET: charming, safe. residential, tree-lined neighborhood. "Hotel Veritas" & Harvard's Penny Packer Freshman Dorm are at next corners.
-ONLY 1 - 4 BLOCKS TO: Harvard Square Red Line T Public Metro/ Subway/ Buses, Harvard Yard, Restaurants, Groceries, Shopping, Performances, Car Rental, Lectures, Museums, Playground, Charles River, HKSG, HSE, Public Library, HMS Shuttle, Paid Parking, etc.
-HBS, HLS & HAVARD ATHLETICS (10 min walk); MIT (15 Min walk); TUFTS (2 miles); BOSTON (2 m); Logan (6 m); & Amtrak South Station (3 m); Porter Square / Commuter Rail (1 m).
#1 BEDROOM (1 Queen Bed + 1 Single Bed),
#2 BEDROOM (1 Double/ Full Bed),
LIVING ROOM, DINING AREA, & FULL KITCHEN & Dishwasher, Microwave; Coffee Maker, Dishware, & Cookware,
TILED BATHROOM w/ Bathtub & Shower.
PROVIDED: Towels & Sheets, Internet, BASIC Cable TV, CD, DVD, VCR, Iron, Hairdryer, Alarm Clock Radio, Huge Windows, Room Fans & Lamps, Heat & Hot Water, & MAPS & BROCHURES OF CAMBRIDGE & BOSTON,
- BEDS INCLUDE A MEMORY FOAM MATTRESS, MATTRESS COVER, COMFORTER, & EXTRA BLANKET,
- LIMITED STORAGE SPACE FOR GUESTS INCLUDE:
1. Bedroom Closet & Bureau/ Dresser,
2. Some Kitchen Cupboard Shelves & Fridge Shelves,
- FULL-SIZE WASHERS & DRYERS (1st floor, coin operated),
- DAILY ACCESS TO YOGA & GYM: 1 Block ($15 per day),
24 HOUR COMMITMENT TO COMFORT & VALUE:
- If you want a cosy private 2 Bedroom apt for the same or less than the total cost* of only 1 hotel room in Harvard Sq, then this is the place for you!
(*total hotel room cost comparison is based on currently available verifiable online hotel room that is inclusive of all their hotel fees & hotel taxes & must be within .25 miles of Harvard Square T stop)
- We can suggest places to eat and things to do and will try to accommodate your wishes, needs, and concerns upon notification.
- NIGHTLY RATES FOR MY 2 BEDROOM ARE BASED ON THE CURRENT COST FOR 1 HOTEL ROOM AVAILABLE WITHIN .25 MILES OF HARVARD SQUARE. PLEASE NOTE THAT OUR RATES FOR OUR 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT WILL VARY ACCORDING TO SEASON, BUT ARE GUARANTEED CHEAPER THAN (OR SAME COST AS) THE LOWEST CURRENTLY AVAILABLE ONLINE SINGLE HOTEL ROOM WITHIN .25 MILES OF HARVARD SQUARE for the same dates, same requested amenities, & total number of guests (adults & children), & inclusive of all their hotel fees & taxes.
PLEASE NOTE BEFORE BOOKING:
After reading all the details of the listing and giving me your info, you may inquire about availability for my 2 bedroom apartment. Rates are only updated 30 days ahead and are subject to increase until booking is accepted.
Please also read all info in "HOUSE RULES." If I don't answer right away, I may be traveling with limited internet so please don't hesitate to message again.
My apartment is not child-proofed so it is not be suitable for children 5 years old or younger.
Interaction with Guests
Please feel free to text or email me 24/7 and I will reply by email or text as soon as able to answer to any questions or attend to any wish, request, or concern.
Other Things to Note
We welcome friendly, easy-going, non-demanding, respectful, guests & well-behaved children (be aware that my place is not child-proofed & not suitable for guests under 5 years old). My apartment will have starter supplies and made clean for your visit. While most everyone is happy & surprised at how spacious and comfy it is, if you expect vacation luxury hotel accommodations, then please choose a fancy hotel ie. the Charles Hotel in Harvard Square.
TO INQUIRE ABOUT AVAILABILITY, PLEASE GIVE REQUIRED INFO:
- 1. Guest Names & Brief Description of EACH Guest (if a child or elderly, please give their ages).
- 2. Day & Time for Check In? Day & Time for Check Out? Method: Air, Subway, Bus, Taxi, or Car? (Regular Check In Time is 3pm - 8pm, Regular Check Out is by 11am)
- 3. What are your Special Needs or Any Extra Options you want? (See sample additional options below, ie. early check in, late check out, etc)
- 1. This is my home that I love making available to family and friends (old and new) for short-term visits only, so please do not expect an empty vacation apartment with tons of storage space.
- 2. Some Stairs: We're on 2nd floor with 3 steps up to the building entrance, and then an additional 7 steps up (or down) to the elevator.
- 3. Any Requested Additional Special Services NOT previously paid for during booking, may be arranged for and paid in cash after arrival.
- 4. Arrangements for Special Early Check In before 5pm or Late Check In after 8pm may be available (EARLY CHECK IN 1-5pm - $25, LATE CHECK IN AFTER 8pm - $25)
- 5. Arrangements for Special Extended Late Check Out after 10am may be available (LATE CHECK OUT UP TO 2pm - $25)
- 6. FREE Baggage Storage after 10am check out may be available upon request
- 7. Apt furnishings will be updated periodically, however, the changes may not always be reflected in the photos.
- 8. The necessary building and apartment maintenance, upkeep, or repairs may require occasional apartment access but are generally scheduled in advance between 9-5. As always, we welcome all your suggestions for improvements.
- 9. My apartment is only offered for your personal use for short-term overnight accommodations only. Please be respectful of others and observe quiet in the halls at all times, and also in the apartment between the hours of 11 pm and 7 am: No parties, No unpaid or non-preregistered visitors allowed at any time, No smoking, No pets, No outside business, No illegal activities, etc.
- 10. NIGHTLY BASE RATES FOR MY 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT CHANGE WITH THE SEASON AND ARE BASED ON THE NUMBER OF PEOPLE (BABIES AND CHILDREN INCLUDED), TIME OF YEAR, AND THE CURRENT ONLINE RATE (AT TIME OF BOOKING) OF THE CHEAPEST AVAILABLE HOTEL ROOM WITHIN .25 MILES OF HARVARD SQUARE (see list below). RATES, AMENITIES, & AVAILABILITY ARE SUBJECT TO CHANGE UNTIL BOOKING IS CONFIRMED WITH PAYMENT.
TO GET LOWEST RATE OFFER FOR MY MODEST 2 BEDROOM APT with all the conveniences of Harvard Square while saving on hotel costs:
SEND THE ONLINE QUOTE FOR TOTAL COST FOR A CURRENTLY AVAILABLE SINGLE HOTEL ROOM WITHIN .25 miles of HARVARD SQUARE (CHOOSE ONLY FROM HOTEL LIST BELOW) by putting in exact dates, total number of guests (adults AND children), & number of beds and bedrooms desired.
MY 2 BEDROOM APARTMENT COST WILL BEAT OR MATCH THE TOTAL COSTS FOR THAT SINGLE HOTEL ROOM, PROVIDED THEIR RATE IS:
A. VERIFIABLE ONLINE w/in 24 hours of your reservation booking,
B. Inclusive of all of their HOTEL FEES & TAXES, &
C. FOR SAME: EXACT DATES; TOTAL NUMBER OF BEDS & BEDROOMS NEEDED; TOTAL NUMBER OF GUESTS (ADULTS AND CHILDREN); & REQUESTED EXTRA OPTIONS (ie. WiFi, early check in, late check out, etc.)
- TOTAL RATE QUOTE MUST BE ONLY FROM ONE OF THESE 8 HARVARD SQUARE HOTELS:
1. "Hotel Veritas," 2. "Irving House at Harvard," 3. "The Charles Hotel," 4. "The Harvard Square Hotel," 5. "The Sheraton Commander," 6. "A Friendly Inn at Harvard," & 7. "A Bed & Breakfast In Cambridge."
About the Host, Harvard
We're outgoing and love to travel and meet interesting people and make new friends. If you're a like minded visitor to Harvard, MIT, Boston, or Manhattan, we'd enjoy hosting you and sharing the wonders of Cambridge, New England and/or NY.