In the summer we only rent par week.
In the Limousin, surrounded by green hills you will find La Jaurie. A lovely hamlet of 3 houses situated on a hilltop and 8 hectares of land.
The swimming pool is ready and can be used by all our guests.
The two bedrooms are located in our fully equipped guest-house. It's possible to have dinner with us for a small price 16,50 p.p. and breakfast for 7,50 p.p. For practical reasons it's necessarily to make a reservation for this. You can make several walkings from here throughout the beautiful surroundings.
In this house, there is a kitchen,fully equipped, with an oven, gas for cooking and a large bathroom with toilet.
If you need to wash your clothes, there is a possibility in our main house where's also a dryer. (it's 4,50euro for each machine)
There's a swimming lake at 3 km with several attractions like a playground for the kids, fishing and climbing the trees. For more informations you can feel free to ask if you have any questions. You will find more photos and activities around la Jaurie.
The train station is at 4 km Bussière-Galant.
Swimming pool, wifi, documentation space
Interaction with Guests
Eating at La Jaurie is very much a social affair, with guests welcome to join their hosts for evening dinner. Every Friday, a five-course family-friendly feast is dished up using the a wealth of delicious produce grown and reared on the farm itself. The restored traditional bread oven is put to work on Tuesdays with tasty pizza pies served up at the communal dining table.
There are plenty of onsite activities to enjoy, including crafts for kids, painting, yoga and even panning for gold. If you want to really get involved you can lend a hand on the renovation of the old farm buildings using traditional building methods and materials. This is also ideal hiking territory with numerous trails to be found around the rolling landscape of the Limousin. Alternatively take to two wheels and cycle the voie verte track along the old railway line.
There's direct access to walking routes ranging from 3km to 18km long, maps available at the campsite. 4km (email hidden)-Galant you'll find Espace Hermeline (phone number hidden)), an activities centre with velo-rail (small lightweight bikes on a train track), tree canopy adventure trails, zip line, tennis, bmx trails, swimming and a miniature railway. The route Richard Coeur De Lion links together the 12th century chateaux, churches and historic sites synonymous with The Crusades. The nearby village of Châlus, where old dick met his end, lies nearby. 20km away in the picture-postcard riverside village of Ségur-le-Château with timbered houses and colourful painted shutters, while the historic town of Limoges, famous for its porcelain, is 35km away.
Nearest train station Bussière-Galant, 4.5km away.
Other Things to Note
Pet's are allowed
1. No Smoking: Smoking by Tenants or their guests is not allowed in the house , apartment or any common areas.
2. Abrasive Cleansers: Tenants shall not use abrasive cleansers (such as Ajax or other scouring powders) on sinks, bathtubs, shower stalls or ceramic tile. You might want to recommend approved green cleaning products such as Seventh Generation or Method.
3. Water Conservation: Tenants shall continue to ensure their water usage is reasonable and not unnecessarily waste water. Tenants shall promptly notify Owner if they observe any water leaks.
4. Toilet Stoppages: Tenants shall ensure that non-biodegradable waste is not flushed down toilet. Tenants shall pay for correcting toilet stoppages and associated repairs should stoppage be attributable to such waste.
5. Water Hoses: If water hoses are provided for Tenants use, Tenant shall ensure water supply is shut off after usage and hose is depressurized.
6. Hot Water Heaters: Tenants shall promptly notify Owner should they observe water leaking from a hot water heater. No storage is permitted in proximity to the hot water heaters or gas-fired furnaces as such storage presents a potential fire hazard.
7. Recycling: Tenants are encouraged to use recycling bins for paper, cardboard, glass, metal and number 1 and 2 plastics. Non-recycable materials (e.g., stryofoam and plastic bags) should not be placed in the recycling bin.
Source: Green Living Ideas.
Séjour très agréable dans le gîte la Jaurie. La maison est confortable et située dans un beau site, en pleine nature. Bref on s'y sent bien ! Marcel et Madelinde sont en plus des hôtes très accueillants et chaleureux.
Je recommande vivement ce gîte et ses hôtes et j'y retournerai avec grand plaisir !
A wonderful gite; cosy, comfortabel at a relaxing spot in the rural Limousin area. The hosts are helpfull, attentive and gentle. A great place for kids to enjoy themselves. Certainly to be recommended.
Site idéal pour un dépaysement!
Les animaux, la verdure, les jeux, les hôtes... tout impéc'!
Seul bémol sur les chambres qui n'ont pas de rideaux occultant.
We had a very pleasant stay in La Jaurie. Marcel and his family are very nice and helpful and the house is nice and well equipped.
They also have a great new pool and our stay was really quiet and relaxing.
Breakfast is good, but not included.
Séjour très agréable, les enfants ont adoré. Lovée dans un écrin de verdure,La jaurie correspond idéalement aux familles.
Bon accueil et convivialité .
Un merveilleux séjour et un très très bel accueil. Vous serez bien et vous trouverez du repos. Un week-end très agréable !
C'est très simple et tout juste ce que je recherchais.
This host has 2 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews