About this listing
This bright and stylish apartment has a minimalist décor. It's fully furnished, has hard-wood floors, recently painted white walls, and frosted glass windows. It is ideal for the savvy traveler who enjoys the amenities and comforts of home while traveling.
Unfortunately our place is not child appropriate due to all glass and sharp edges in the tables and boudoirs. If you have small children, please check with us before booking.
This apartment has 2 bedrooms and 2 full bathrooms. The master bedroom has a new queen size bed, a private bathroom, and a huge closet. The second bedroom has a full bed and also a spacious closet. The second bathroom is just outside the bedroom. The living room and dining room are loft-like making it very spacious and perfect for entertaining. The contemporary zen décor provides a clean and elegant ambiance. The large and brightly-lit kitchen is fully equipped with a refrigerator, stove, microwave, washer and other small appliances. Additionally, there’s another dinning area off the kitchen that can be used as an office or a studio. The kitchen also has a small balcony and a handy storage room.
Other convenient amenities include; ipod station, flat screen TV and DVD player, and wireless internet service. Included with the cost of the apartment is a much coveted parking space inside the building, and a weekly cleaning service.
Our neighborhood, Colonia Cuauhtémoc, is the ideal starting point to explore Mexico City since it is walking distance to the most important historical, cultural and fashionable sites. Our apartment is a couple of blocks from the grandiose landmarks of The Angel of Independence and The Diana Fountain on Reforma Avenue. We are only a 20 minute walk to the Museum of Anthropology, the Contemporary Art Museum, the Rufino Tamayo Museum, and Chapultepec Park and 30-40 minutes walk from the Historical Centro, the Theater of Fine Arts (Bellas Artes) the Zocalo, multiple museums and iconic restaurants in this area. We are also walking distance to other great neighborhoods of interest such as Condesa, Roma, and Polanco,
You won’t need to rent a car while staying at our place since public transportation is readily available in our area and it's safe and inexpensive. It includes city-sponsored bicycles, subway, metrobus, buses that go up and down Reforma Ave. and safe taxis by phone or their hub a block away. This is a great area to bicycle to work or for fun. Free bicycles and well-located bike lanes are all around Reforma Ave. On Sundays Reforma Ave. is closed to cars to allow pedestrians, runners and bicyclers to circulate freely.
If you are in Mexico City for business purposes, our location is also optimal since we are walking distance from many embassies (American, British, Japanese, and Colombian), the Mexican headquarters of HSBC, and American Express, American Airlines, Continental and many other important businesses. Most importantly, since we are centrally located you won’t spend hours in traffic.
Our neighborhood has a European feel to it as it is surrounded by a large variety of restaurants, cafes, delis, an art house theater, and boutiques. The neighborhood is safe and the apartment has a live-in doorman. For your convenience, there is a gym, a yoga studio, a supermarket, several convenient stores, and a Mercado (farmer’s market) close by.
This extraordinary apartment offers a great interior to relax, work, and entertain and a fantastic location so you can discover and enjoy all the wonders Mexico City has to offer.
Since every place is different we recommend you read the Apartment Rules so you familiarize yourself with how everything works in our apartment and have a more pleasant and comfortable stay.
1. Check-in is at 2pm and anytime thereafter. If you arrive earlier, you can leave your luggage with our housekeeper or doorman, stroll around the city, and come back at 2pm to formally check in. If the apartment is ready when you arrive, you can check in at that time. During check-in, our administrator will welcome you to the apartment, show you around, our place, and let you know how everything works.. He will also give you the apartment keys and answer your questions. At this time you will fill out a Registration Form.
2. Check-out is at 10am or anytime earlier. If your flight leaves in the afternoon or evening, you are welcome to leave your suitcases in the apartment while you stroll around the city. Sorry for the early check-our but our housekeeper only has four hours to get the apartment ready for the next guests. You may check-out later if there are no other guests arriving that day. Please coordinate your check-out with our administrator during your check-in by providing him your departure information. During check-out our administrator will inspect the apartment to check that everything is in good condition. If everything is fine, we’ll let Airbnb know so they won’t deduct anything from your security deposit. At this time you will return the apartment keys.
3. Keys: You will be given a set of 3 keys. One key is for the building and the other two are for the apartment. Our administrator will show you how they work. For your security reasons, please make sure to lock the apartment door when you leave the apartment and keep the door closed and locked when you are in the apartment. The balcony door may remain open when you are in the apartment but please close it when you go lo sleep at night or leave the apartment.
4. Doorman: We have an apartment building’s doorman. You will see him in the building M-F 8am-8pm and Sat 8am-2pm. He’s off on Sundays and holidays.
5. Unpacking your suitcases: DO NOT put your suitcases on top of the bed. Instead put your luggage on the wooden stools we have provided for you located in each bedroom.
6. Bed Pillows: Each bed has four pillows and two cushions. Two of the pillows and the small cushions are for decoration only. When you go to bed, kindly remove the decorative pillows/cushions and put them on top of the white chair. If you need extra pillows or blankets, you will find more in the bedroom closet. We appreciate your cooperation in this matter.
7. House cleaning: Our cleaning lady for over ten years will clean the apartment Monday afternoon. She arrives approximately 12:00 pm and leaves around 5:00p.m. She has her own keys and will go about her business unless you advise her otherwise. We take care of her salary but if you would like to leave her a tip, feel free to do so. If your stay is less than 8 nights, please disregard this information.
8. Laundry Service: Our cleaning lady will wash the sheets and towels once a week. We ask guests not to do this task since she will take care of it. Again, if your stay is less than 8 nights, please disregard this information.
9. Personal Laundry: Feel free to use the washer and dryer but please don’t overload them because they can breaks down. Never use the washer and dryer simultaneously because it overloads the power system and may cause an electrical short. Please leave the washing machine door open after use so it ventilates and the rubber in door doesn’t get moldy. On a sunny day we recommend you dry your clothes in the clothesline in the balcony next to the kitchen.
10. Kitchen: You are free to use the kitchen and all the appliances. The kitchen is fully equipped with an oven, a microwave oven, a blender, toaster, a coffee maker, a pot to boil water and plenty of pots and pans. The smoke alarm in the kitchen is a bit sensitive so if you are cooking and it smokes the alarm will go on. Just open the kitchen windows and it’ll turn off by itself within a couple of seconds.
11. Plants: Our cleaning lady is in charge of watering the plants. She takes care of the plants on the day she comes to clean. Please open the windows every now and then so that the plants get some fresh air and so the apartment gets some ventilation as well.
12. Lights: Please make sure to turn off the lights when you are not in the room. The lights burn out quickly if left on all the time. Also, please help save the planet and conserve energy.
13, Toilet: The toilets pipes in Mexico are considered antique since the drainage system is hundreds of years old. Please DO NOT throw any toilet paper or feminine items inside the toilet as it will clog the drainage. We have a wastebasket bins next to the toilet where ALL toilet paper and feminine napkins should be disposed.
14. Telephone: The phone is for your use and you can make and receive domestic calls. You will be able to receive international and cell phone calls but unable to make them.
15. Internet: We have a wireless internet service in the apartment. You can access it by clicking on GARCIA1. You will find the Password in the Important Numbers handout in the kitchen. If you decide not to bring a laptop, there are several internet cafes by the house. The closest one is a block away FasTOffice on Rio Panuco 132-1B before Rio Tiber. The cost for internet usage is 15 pesos an hour.
16. Appliances: The voltage in Mexico is the same as the US, Canada, and some countries in Latin America but different than Europe, Asia, Africa or Australia. Feel free to bring any appliances. We advise you check (website hidden) to see if you need a voltage converter. A speaker system is available so you can plug in your phone or MP3 player. A blow dryer is also available.
17. Water: Tap water should not be used for drinking or brushing teeth. We have provided bottled water instead. You will find 2 large jugs of water by the kitchen for this purpose. We provide 2 large water jugs of water weekly however if you run out of water please let Oscar know and he will buy the water jug for you. The cost for the additional water jug is 40 pesos with tip included. He will bring the jug of water to the apartment.
18. Food: The food in the fridge and cupboards in the kitchen is for your consumption. It includes sugar, coffee, tea, milk, salt, some olive oil, etc. to get you started in case you would like to cook or have a soothing warm beverage in the morning.
19. Trash: Our cleaning lady will empty trash bins, however, if they are full before she arrives please throw the trash bags in the bins in the big trash cans in the garage (entrance is past the elevator). Our administrator will show you where they are located. Also please make sure that the trash bin in the kitchen is always closed otherwise the bad odor will permeate the apartment and be an incentive for critters.
20. Bathroom and kitchen supplies: Extra supplies of toilet paper, hand soap, paper towels, napkins, dish soap, counter cleaners are below the sink in the kitchen. We try to have enough supplies to last your stay, however, if you run out, you can purchase more in a convenience store two blocks from the apartment called OXXO or El Roble de Panuco located on the corner of Rio Panuco and Rio Guadalquivir. These stores are in front of each other on different sides of the street. You can also purchase any supplies in Samborns in front of the Angel. Please make sure to bring your own toiletries since we don’t provide shampoo, conditioner, body wash, body cream, toothbrush or toothpaste.
21. Important telephone numbers: We have a list of important telephone numbers on the refrigerator door and inside the drawers in the night tables in every bedroom.
22. Information about Mexico City: You may use the tourist guides we have left for guests to borrow on the orange table in the office room by the kitchen.
23. Public Transportation close to the apartment:
We are on the pink line (Linea 1). There are 2 stations close to the house
For more info check: (website hidden)
We are on the red line (Linea 1). You can catch the Metrobus on Ave.
Ave, Reforma, Hamburgo or the roundabout on Ave. Insurgentes For more info check: (website hidden)
• Auditorio: Travels on Ave. Reforma and makes stops in front of the
Anthropology Museum, Rufino Tamayo Museum, Museum of Modern Art, Auditorio Nacional (National Auditory) & several stops in Polanco.
• Zocalo/ Pino Suarez: Travels on Reforma Ave. to the downtown area and makes stops in front of Bellas Artes & the Zocalo.
You can catch a taxi on Ave. Reforma or Lerma but we recommend you call a safe taxi. We use SERVIRET, which is fast and reliable. Their telephone numbers are (phone number hidden) or (phone number hidden). They will ask for your name, address and let you know when approximately the taxi should arrive.
Unfortunately tourist cannot rent the ECOBICI, which have stands all over the city because you need to be a resident of DF to be able to rent them. However, there is a bicycle stand managed by a non-profit organizatio on Ave. Reforma next to Angel of Independence that lends bikes to foreigners for free but they require 2 forms of ID and a major credit card for all rentals.
24 Pets: ABSOLUTELY NO pets are allowed. We are animal lovers but due to future guest’s allergies, we can not allow pest inside the apartment.
25. Smoking: A reminder that this is a NON-SMOKING apartment. Smoking in the apartment will entail a $200 USD penalty.
26. Considerations for neighbors: Please keep music and noise levels down after 10:00pm in consideration for our neighbors. Most of our neighbors are professionals and go to work early in the mornings during weekdays and need to sleep. Please don’t slam the entrance door of the apartment when you come in and out.
27. Places off-limit: One of the closets in the main bedroom that is locked. It is not to be used by guests so please stay out of this spaces and respect our private belongings in it.
28. Responsibility: We will make every effort to make your stay as pleasant as possible within our reach and within the limits of our property. We do not take responsibility for any inconveniences caused outside the apartment as it is beyond our control and purview.
29 Guests: You are welcome to bring friends for lunch, dinner, coffee or a drink, however, we recommend they do not stay overnight. This is mainly for your safety as there have been unpleasant incidents where new acquaintances are invited to spend the night and they turn out to be thieves. Thieves pray on the innocence and good will of tourists and travelers. Please be cautious at all times.
30. Problems: Please call our administrator in case of an emergency or should you have any problems or questions.
31. Damages: There are many fragile glass objects and surfaces in the apartment for decorative purposes Please be careful not to break or scratch any surfaces. We understand accidents happen but you need to take responsibility for them by informing our administrator of any damages that were incurred during your stay. During check-out, our administrator will inspect the apartment and you will be responsible for paying for any damage or missing objects. Any charges will be deducted from your deposit.
32. Liability: Policy: Maria Demello, Jennifer Demello and house staff do not assume any responsibility for any injuries, illnesses, insect bites, theft, or death sustained to the guests during their stay in the apartment. When guests agree to stay at this apartment, they consent to release Maria Demello & Jennifer Demello and staff from all liability.
33. Comments and/or Suggestions: We appreciate your comments or suggestions and consider your feedback of great importance. Please let us know how you enjoyed your stay in our Guest Book located on the orange table in the multipurpose room by the kitchen.
We hope that this information is useful and helpful!
Wishing you a wonderful stay at our Apartment in Mexico City.
Maria and Jennifer Demello
Host truly pays attention to detail, which is a key factor in their success. Their process is flawless. They even have an "instruction manual" for the unit that is just perfect. They have really thought of everything. For example, we had a late arrival into MEX, and ended up arriving at the unit after midnight. The host made sure Marcos, the apartment coordinator waited for us! Once we arrived, the Marcos gave us a tour of the place and explained all relevant areas and processes. The unit was beautiful, quite clean, and very functional. After spending 4 amazing days in Mexico City, it was time to leave. Again, Marcos came over to inspect the place and made sure our stay was great. He even called us a taxi for the airport, and walked us downstairs. The listing description is very accurate and the neighborhood is amazing. Dozens of restaurants and shops all around the unit. There is even a Sushi restaurant right in front of the building. This has been one of the very best airbnb experiences for me -- definitely top 5. I highly recommend Maria & Jennifer's Stylish Apartment.
The reservation was canceled 7 days before arrival. This is an automated posting.
The apartment was great! It had plenty of room and was well appointed. We appreciated the maps and information on the area that was made available to us as well. The location was great for exploring along Reforma and there were restaurants and a supermarket within walking distance. The coffee place across the street was also handy!
Our stay was impacted by a couple of things that our hosts had no control over: First, there were renovations happening on the building which meant hammering and banging all day, so we didn't want to be in the apartment during the day. Secondly, there were protests in the area and they blocked off major routes (including Reforma) which made it difficult to get around in buses or taxis. The Zocalo was also occupied by military and riot police and we were not able to enjoy that area at all. We'll have to visit again when all this protest stuff is finished.
Great location and great apartment!!! Great amenities and very clean, like in a 4 star hotel but with the comforts and liberty of being home in your own home. Host was very attentive to my questions and needs and made sure I was comfortable and happy during my entire stay. Maria, the owner delivered an excellent service with follow up of the last details even days after my check out. Definitely recommend this place!!!
The apartment is in an area with many restaurants and a brisk night life and easy access to public transportation. The apartment is lovely, clean, comfortable and very safe. The parking was secure and private. We had no trouble with check-in and check-out.
This host has 5 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Maria & Jennifer
My sister Jennifer and I love to travel together and try different cuisines, meet new people, discover new places, learn different languages, and enjoy different cultures.
In our travels we love to cook and not be enclosed in one room so we always try to rent a house or an apartment. This has made an enormous difference in the cost and quality of our travel experience. Since this is not our primary residence, we decided to share our apartment with other fellow travelers so they can enjoy our magical place and have a more pleasant and enjoyable stay in Mexico.