About this listing
- COZY GUEST ROOM at WRITER'S Home:
- For SOLO travelers, NOT couples
- Must be RESPECTFUL of Peaceful, Private atmosphere
- WIFI Up to 10MB
- FREE Tea, Bali Coffee, Sugar, Creamer
- Shared Kitchen, well equipped
- SPOTLESS Bathroom: shared, western, hot shower
- Private Terrace
- Garage for your motorbike
- Cleaning & Services, onsite Massage (upon request)
- Stylish Deco, Art Pieces, Books, Tourism Info
- Set within Villa “MAYA” - private home of female writer/journalist
- 10M2 yet comfortable garden room w/private terrace
- Single NETTED bed
- Clean, cosy, natural light, quiet
- GARDEN TERRACE: mature tropical garden, 2 sociable cats
- Independent entrance to GUESTROOM
- Full access to GUESTROOM & GARDEN TERRACE
- Shared access to BATHROOM, KITCHEN, GARAGE
Interaction with guests
Our management team will only interact with you as required. We do our best to respect your privacy.
Other things to note
* If you would like a massage or transport hire, please contact us in advance.
* Flashlight (recommended) after dark - Bali is a tropical climate: slippery conditions and electricity can be unreliable.
*We provide :
- Candles, incense, fresh flowers
- Sarong (for ceremonies, or used as towels as they dry faster)
- Personal laundry pick up/drop off service (upon request)
- Natural Essential oils (insect repellent)
- Mini "First Aid" kit
* Bali is a tropical island with an incredibly rich and diverse ecosystem. Most insects, lizards, amphibians, and other strange and beautiful but UNINVITED creatures are mostly harmless but often feared by unaware tourists. We hope that you will enjoy and take interest in the sounds and sights of the jungle: fear not!
* Be respectful of Balinese Dress Rules at ceremonies and temples - please cover shoulders, chest and legs; No menstruating women.
If you are interested in ANOTHER LISTING, please check our other accommodation here:
-- JUNGALOW TREE TOP LOFT - GARDEN FLOOR
sleeps 4 Ppl; large kitchen, small terrace in garden
-- JUNGALOW TREE TOP NEST, 2nd FLOOR
-- COLONIAL-STYLE HOUSE “SHAKTI”
sleeps 5-6Ppl - 2.2Km from Ubud center
— “SOLO” BETWEEN JUNGLE & RICE FIELDS
for 2 Ppl, Large Terrace, 2.2Km to Ubud centre
-- WORLD TRAVELLER STUDIO # 3.
For a couple
==> WORLD TRAVELER STUDIO #4
For a couple
We believe in responsible, mindful, educated travellers.
Our main rule? ~;+) mindfulness IS happiness ~;+)
We have set up a few IMPORTANT points, inspired by experience. Kindly please read.
— Compulsory, upon arrival: a HARD copy of each passport's relevant pages (including children) for Police declaration, for all foreigners (NO Xerox machine, no printer at our office, sorry...).
— Spring Mineral JUG dispenser (20L) use it for tea-coffee-washing fruit/veggies – preparing meals – and much BETTER than buying single-use plastic bottles; price is 25K Rp, pls settle on arrival, leave payment on the table, thk U.
- BREAKFAST: self service - consists of: • Tea, Bali grown Coffee (not 'instant'), creamer, sugar
- Mindfulness is about respect and consideration of others and of the environment Please share our ECO-FRIENDLY approach:
- - Switch OFF lights AND fans before going out!
- - Be conservative with your use of WATER, a very precious resource here.
- - Washing your clothes in the accommodation is NOT allowed. => Contact us for your Laundry
- • We RECYCLE Metal cans, glass & PLASTIC bottles: keep them SEPARATE from other garbage
- - Our soap is diluted, to LIMIT toxic, harmful waste in our homes, ground water, rivers and streams.
- - Smoking is allowed OUTSIDE only. NOT in the room. Please dispose your cigarettes in an ashtray, NOT in the garden.
- PETS: We love them. Yet we reserve the right to allow them on the property. Kindly please TALK TO US first.
- SAFETY: Our place is very safe. Nevertheless, we advise our guests to act in a responsible way:
- - Lock your door & Main Gate, close your windows whenever going out.
- - keep your valuables INSIDE a cabinet, rather than in plain sight..
- - OPEN FLAMES (candles, incense, oil burners, gas cooker...) : NEVER leave them unattended for obvious safety reasons, for yourself & others. Make sure to keep them on a METAL/GLASS plate.
- - WATER HEATER is already set up: please do not change it - if need be, contact us asap, our Maintenance man will do it.
- - Be aware that PATHWAYS AND STEPS can be SLIPPERY. Moss, mold, rain, etc, can be expected. Stay FOCUS & AWARE.
- ELECTRICITY, Water, Internet service: While these are all currently active in the listing, from time to time there can be a LAPSE in their accessibility due to the more primitive infrastructure of services on the island. Nothing can be done about this and does NOT constitute a valid reason for cancelling with the expectation of a refund. We appreciate your understanding regarding this.
- - USEFUL INFOS: - Our employees are OFF from 2PM - AirBnB hosting is NOT like staying at a Hotel:
- - NO 24/7 Reception Desk open for a welcome service; Owner and employees do NOT live on-site
- - Always mention your ARRIVAL TIME so KEYS can be organised for you
- - Make sure to use our OWN drivers rather than an unknown taxi (Addresses in Bali rarely have a clear Nr mentioned on the street)
- - Our own driver knows all the short cuts, the KEYS, the lights, our private contact Nr.
- - These advices are meant to assist you, specially if you are a new comer in Bali and S/E Asia... and remain of course entirely up to you.
Cancel up to 7 days before your trip and get a 50% refund. Cancel within 7 days of your trip and the reservation is non-refundable.
This host has 260 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
I am a Balinese woman married with two young sons; I work as a Cook, House Keeper and Masseuse, so that keeps me busy...
My husband used to work on cruise boats, his English is quite good, he is a driver and takes care of the Scooters.
We are a great Team!
As a small family business, we like to make our guests enjoy their stay, making sure the house is clean, the garden trimmed, transport organized safely.
We are more than happy to welcome you here!