About This Listing
Fully furnished and renovated apartment in the historical Barceloneta district and close to main city attractions: Gothic area (10 min walk), Ramblas (15 min walk), and to the beach (1 min walk). A combination of history and sun for a wonderful stay!
(ONLY FOR CALM PEOPLE THAT WILL RESPECT THE TRANQUILITY OF THE FLAT AND THE BUILDING, NO PARTIES ALLOWED IN THE APARTMENT).
Fully furnished apartment located in the historical Barceloneta district and close to main city attractions: Gothic area (10 min walk), Ramblas (15 min walk), Olympic area and to the beachfront (1 min walk) where you can either take a walk in a sunny Barcelona day (lots of sun very often) or take a s(website hidden)ring the summer.
Can either walk to main tourist / cultural sites or take buses to many areas in the city (flat is a few minutes away from public transports). The main Barceloneta market is only a few minutes walk (fresh daily fish and fruit deliveries to the market), close to one of the best french style bakeries in town (according to Elle magazine).
Flat was recently renovated by architect, it is very luminous and calm and it is completely equipped. Located on the 5th floor (no elevator since it is in a historical building). The flat is located 30 minutes away from main Barcelona airport.
The flat is completely equipped, and fits 4 people (double bed in bedroom and sofa for two in living room), towels, sheets, dishes, and everything to cook a nice catalan meal is provided. Washing machine, dishwasher, flat screen TV, air conditioning, etc
A great way to stay in a charming flat (like staying in a trendy hotel suite) and enjoy the wonders of cosmopolitan Barcelona like a local Catalan!
One or more weeks at my flat would allow you to:
- spend one or a few days visiting the cultural sights of Barcelona: which are close either at walking distance or taking a local bus or the Barcelona sightseeing tour: see the sights at the Gothic district, walk around the ramblas, see the Gaudi sights at the Passeig de Gracia or go to the Sagrada Familia, dine in a trendy restaurant at the Borne district or just decide to have dinner in a local Barceloneta restaurant or in one of the best paella restaurants of the city,
- spend one or a few days enjoying the Barcelona beach which is just a few minutes away from the flat: you could go to the beach as you wake up, take a swim depending on the season or just relax and sunbathe on the beach, comeback to the flat to refreshen as you please (just as you would do in a hotel by the sea...) and then go back to the beach and eat at a local beach restaurant or bar (chiringuito as spaniards call it). You could also walk along the coast and go to the Olympic Village area. You could have dinner at a restaurant with a direct view of the sea and maybe decide to later go to the local casino or just go to a bar to enjoy the latest music in front of the sea. Otherwise just go to see the latest film in a local cinema at the Olympic district area...
- do a lot of shopping if you want: either around Placa Catalunya (15 min walk or take a bus from the flat), or at the Diagonal Mar shopping centre (15 minutes with a local bus), or go to the closest shopping outlet mall where you will find great spanish designer brands (Antonio Miro, Adolfo Dominguez, Elena Miro, etc) or international brands (Boss, Diesel, Versace, Ralph Lauren, Calvin Klein, Lacoste, etc) at very discounted prices (take a bus from downtown to the outlet - 30 to 45 min),
- keep in shape: spend one morning or afternoon in a thalassotherapy spa which is located in front of the sea and a few minutes away from the flat. (Entry cost around 15 Euros) or go to a beachfront gym (entry between 11-15 Euros) and enjoy the gym's swiming pool overlooking the sea and the W hotel,
- bike around the beaches or the main Barcelona sights. You can rent a bike at a beachfront spot,
- get close to nature and hike around the Barcelona hills. Get a wonderful view of the city from the Tibidabo mountain or other spots around the city,
- discover other beachfront sites close to Barcelona. You could take a train from the Passeig de Gracia station and go to Sitges (50 min train ride from downtown Barcelona), or to other beachfront spots like Castelldefels Platga or El Garraf (a place that has mediterranean restaurants with a greek style and with breathtaking views of the sea).
- discover other towns not far from Barcelona: you could rent a car for the day and go towards the north (Girona, the Costa Brava) or the south (Tarragona), or visit the Montserrat monastery.
As you can see, there are many reasons to go to Barcelona. But the most important thing is to feel comfortable at the place where you will stay, and to find the perfect place that will match your lifestyle.
I am open to rent my flat to people that want to enjoy the wonders of Barcelona but that will be SURE of taking care of my place and that will RESPECT my neighbours while being in a peaceful and comfortable environment. Please NO partying in the flat.
If you are an easy-going and respectful person,
if you are looking for a calm and harmonious flat,
and you are sure that you will respect my neighbours and the house rules, then this is the perfect place for you!!!
I will be happy to share my flat with you!
contact: (email hidden)
Guests will have access to the whole apartment
The Barceloneta is a triangular spit of land that cuts into the sea boats in the old harbour, or Barcelona’s Port Vell, on one side, and sandy beaches on the other. The neighbourhood, with its narrow, rectilinear streets, was built on a military grid structure to provide accommodation for the former inhabitants of La Ribera.
The Barceloneta was once the home of fishermen, people associated with the fishing trade and the metal industry, and is now one of the city’s most visited and popular districts. In 1988, in pre-Olympic days, the decision was taken to demolish the old beachfront restaurants, known as xiringuitos, and public baths, heralding a process of opening the city up to the sea and the modernisation of an area which now offers first-class beaches as the main attraction for its visitors.
On the sand and inside the neighbourhood, rows of restaurants and bars combine with the traditional images of locals sitting in their chairs in the street and narrow balconies displaying clothes drying in the sun.
The apartment has three main area advantages:
1. It is located a few steps away from the beach and from the PASEO MARITIMO, where it's always nice to walrk around under the sun
2. It's located in a vibrant neighborhood Barceloneta, close to the Borne and Gothic areas.
3. The Barceloneta market is very close to the apartment, It has fresh vegetables, fish, meat and everything to cook a fresh meal!
The closest metro is Barceloneta station and buses going all over the city pass around the corner.
- NO PARTIES IN THE APARTMENT
- NO LOUD GROUPS
- NO SMOKING INSIDE
ONLY FOR VERY CALM PEOPLE OR FAMILIES
From Jul 1 - Aug 31, 2015 the minimum stay is 4 nights.
I had an amazing experience, the apartment is really lovely, very close to the beach, neighbourhood is great! Umberto was managing everything from the distance, he has done a great job, I felt very welcome and comfortable, did not want to leave the place after 2 weeks spent there. The only thing was pretty narrow stairs, I found it hard to bring my luggage up so Umberto arranged some help with this as well. I would definitely come back!
We arrived in Barcelona from 25.06 till (phone number hidden), very pleased with the holiday. Apartment renovated host was very attentive and caring.
The apartment is fully consistent with the fact that there is in the ad. Very convenient location, 5 minutes to the metro, beach 3 mins walk. Also we liked the market, which was in the square in the quarter, and chic bakery. We are there every morning to buy croissants. On the next year I would definitely come back!
Humberto a été un hôte disponible et soucieux de nous donner le maximum d'informations pour découvrir Barcelone et passer de super vacances. L'appartement est conforme à l'annonce, propre, fonctionnel, moderne et très agréable. Super adresse pour s'immerger dans la vie Barcelonaise !
Merci à toi Humberto.
L'appartement est très agréable et conforme aux photos. Petit ( max 3 personnes) mais bien agencé et refait à neuf ce qui n'est pas si fréquent dans cette partie de la ville. L'immeuble et les parties communes sont en assez mauvais état et l'immeuble n'est pas très engageant vu de l'extérieur, mais l'appartement est parfait. Il est chauffé et climatisé, cuisine et SDB modernes.
Le 5e étage permet d'être au calme dans ce quartier vivant et bruyant la journée mais avec peu de voitures et calme le soir. C'est un quartier populaire où tout le monde se connaît et où on peut vivre comme des barcelonais : les touristes n'y font que passer. Il y a tout ce qu'il faut pour faire ses courses, un marché et un supermarché.
La plage est vraiment tout près et c'est une partie un peu moins moins fréquentée du front de mer donc très agréable, avec une aire de jeux et des appareils de musculation. Il y a aussi un parc à côté.
Humberto est un hôte très présent, il n'habite pas sur place mais reste en contact tout au long de votre voyage pour s'assurer que vous soyez accueillie par Juana qui vous attend à l'appartement. Elle ne parle pas français mais Humberto s'arrange pour être joignable à tout moment.
Le métro est à 10 mn, la station Barceloneta sur la ligne 4 permet de parcourir toute la ville, mais on peut aussi aller à pied jusqu'au barri Gothic, las Ramblas ou le Born. C'est donc un endroit parfait pour loger au calme et avoir de l'air. Les enfants adorent.
Le seul bémol est le voisin !! Comme dit sur l'annonce il est très sensible au bruit et se plaint sans arrêt donc si vous avez des enfants un minimum turbulents (comme des enfants), ça risque d'être pénible. Attention aussi à l'escalier qui est très étroit ( 5 étages sans ascenseur) : facile si on est en forme physique normale, mais évitez l'énorme valise ou si vous êtes en surpoids !
Pour conclure une excellente solution très abordable pour qui veut vivre une vie de barcelonais et profiter de la plage après avoir arpenté la ville, mais la nécessité de calme évoquée dans l'annonce est réelle à cause du voisin pénible.
Je suis content que vous ayez aimé l' appartement et le quartier.
- mes voisins cherchent quelque chose de basique et de très normal: la
tranquillité et le respect des règles de vie commune dans un immeuble
en copropriété, comme nous en avons parlé avant votre séjour, ça fait
partie du respect des règles de l' immeuble, et je préfère en
conséquence partager mon appartement avec des hôtes tranquilles et
respectueux (ce qui a été le cas dans la majorité des cas).
- L' appartement peut confortablement loger 4 personnes (il a un grand lit deux places et un grand canapé lit deux places).
My Girlfriend and I spent the 2014 new year eve in Barcelona.
We were looking for a place that was nice, close to the beach, to the city but quite at the same time.
We found Humberto’s place and for sure we recommend this solution to anyone interested in a pleasant stay in Bacelona.
- the host: Humberto is really caring of his guests;
- the flat: very well equipped (air-conditioning, washing machine, dishwasher, full set of pots). It is small, but extremely functional.
- the location: 2 minutes walking from the see, the barceloneta and the Olympic harbor.
- the building is not really good looking and the stairs are not well maintained at all
- 5th floor without a lift (not that bad anyway at the end)
I am glad that you had a nice time in Barcelona and that you liked the flat!. Just a few comments, the flat is in an old historical building and it´s true that most of the buildings in the neighbourhood do not have a lift (as my ad states right from the beginning). We are renovating the building step by step (we just redid the beautiful terrace of the building) and although we have not yet repainted the stairs or the facade of the building, they are in a good and safe condition.
I would like to point out that my flat has been completely renovated respecting the beams and the structure of the building.
We had a wonderful, magical time in Barcelona, and Barceloneta. Our host Humberto, whom we had the pleasure to meet, was so helpful, and responsible in all aspects of renting the apartment to us. From having Juana meet us at the apartment, asking if there was anything we needed, to helping us with our bags. The apartment is all that you need for your stay. It has been renovated, with Ikea cabinets, so it is compact, and meets the spacial challenge of a small unit. A very comfortable platform bed, great shower, stove top expresso machine. What more could you ask for? I leave the 4-5 floor walk up for last, as it was a challenge but by the end of the trip we could walk all the way without stopping. I loved the stairs when we got home as we both lost weight from all the walking, bicycling, swimming, and stair master that we did, not to mention all the great food! I would highly recommend Humberto as your host while in Barcelona. We actually rented both his flats, the other one Barri Gotic for our first week, and the Barceloneta flat for the second week. Both were great locations.
I had a nice stay in humbertos apartment , very clean , nice kitchen , bathroom . It was hot while I was there the air cond worked really well . Great location I would book again to stay here and be near the beach. Humberto is great to deal with , I highly recommend it.
This host has 166 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Umbert
I like being a citizen of the world and this is why I am passionate about traveling and discovering new cities and countries. I live between 2 wonderful cities in Europe, Paris (where I spent most of my time) and Barcelona (my secondary home).
I travel very often to Mexico where my family lives and where I am currently developing a fashion project between Europe and Mexico.
Whenever I am traveling and I am not in Paris or in Barcelona, I am open to share my home with people that want to enjoy the wonders of these two vibrant and cosmopolitan cities, while staying in a peaceful and comfortable environment.
If you are easy-going and respectful, and if you are looking for calm and harmonious flats, then these are the perfect accomodations for you!
I will be happy to share my home with you!