About this listing
Luxury + Location - a tranquil environment with all the mod cons. It doesn't get better than this. On the edge of a pristine marine park with access to countless leisure activities, yet only 15 minutes away from Melbourne city.
7 REASONS WHY THIS IS THE PERFECT PLACE TO STAY...
1. Sparkling clean, modern and beautifully decorated home
2. Nature-lovers: You have the Jawbone Marine Park on your doorstep with lakes, bird-life & miles of walking & cycling paths.
3. Food-lover's alert - wear loose pants! Awesome restaurants nearby
4. Dangerously good shopping in Williamstown
5. Just 20 minutes by train to Melbourne city, and en route to the Great Ocean Road
6. Enjoy the serenity - peaceful & quiet location
7. FREE parking, WiFi & Netflix
This property would be perfect for a group of friends or couples wanting a luxurious getaway in a great location, wanting to explore Melbourne and surrounds. No young children or party animals please. This is a close-knit community so I am only seeking guests who will be highly respectful of the property & neighbours.
This house would suit those who are after a sophisticated and relaxed living environment. It is an architecturally designed home of great beauty and charm, featuring high raked ceilings and abundant natural light in the glorious living space upstairs.
The space on offer will suit maximum 8 people, with up to 4 bedrooms with queen sized beds in each. Please note that 2 of the QS beds are sofa-beds which can be used as lounges if/when beds not needed. See floorplans for descriptions.
All decor and furnishings are of the highest quality, including bed-linen, appliances, towels and other amenities
On offer is the entire house consisting of:
- master bedroom suite with queen sized bed, walk in robe and luxurious ensuite bathroom with toilet, double vanity & enormous shower
- adjoining lounge retreat with sofa-bed which doubles as another bedroom
- lovely spacious lounge area with huge leather couch/chaise, internet TV, gas fireplace
- large hostess kitchen with all stainless steel appliances - Barazza gas cook-top, Omega electric oven, F&P fridge, Omega dishwasher. Toaster, rice cooker, coffee machine, all quality crockery, cutlery & cooking utensils to suit even the most enthusiastic cook - this kitchen is a dream for entertaining.
- kitchen island bench for casual dining
- beautiful dining area featuring Tasmanian blackwood table & 8 chairs
- large balcony with gas barbeque, table & seating for 8
- separate powder-room on stair landing
- spacious bedroom with Queen sized bed
- ensuite bathroom with huge shower
- enormous mirrored robe with lots of hanging space and chest of drawers
- private lounge room with TV, music, writing desk & chair, bookshelf and large sofa with chaise. Sofa in guest lounge converts to queen-sized bed for additional guests
- laundry with Bosch washing machine & dryer
- laundry includes kitchenette with fridge, microwave, coffee-making facilities, breakfast bar
The pantry is well stocked with everything you might need - all spices, oils, vinegars, rice, pastas. You may help yourself but please replace anything you use.
WANT TO RENT ONLY THE DOWNSTAIRS APARTMENT?
Sleeps maximum 4. See my whole APARTMENT listing at https://www.airbnb.com.au/rooms/2448210
Guests will have full and exclusive access to the entire house as described above. There will be no access to the garage.
Interaction with guests
The host will meet and greet you when you arrive, and show you around the house and facilities. After that you are free to enjoy this lovely home. The host will be contactable at all times.
Additional cleaning or house-keeping can be arranged for longer stays at an additional cost.
Williamstown is Melbourne's most historic sea-side suburb, and is definitely in the 'you wish' category as a lifestyle residential destination.
The Williams Cove neighbourhood is unique...
The house is situated on the edge of the Jawbone National Marine Park, and there are endless leisure activity possibilities including cycling & walking paths, beaches nearby, watching the bird-life on the lagoon in front of the house where you will see pelicans, swans, ducks and myriad other wildlife. Sitting on the boardwalk watching the sun go down with a glass of wine in hand is one of our great pleasures.
There are miles of walking & cycling paths right at the door - head off to the east to explore the many delights of Williamstown, or to the west to visit the Altona Coastal Park and have some fish 'n' chips at Altona Beach.
There is a small shopping centre within easy walk for everyday needs, a larger shopping mall a short drive away, fabulous food, fashion, gifts and homewares shops in Williamstown itself which is just 5 minutes drive away.
It's best to have a car to get around if you want to see the many sights that can be easily accessed from this location (such as the Great Ocean Rd, the spectacular beaches at Torquay & Lorne, Geelong, Daylesford, Werribee Zoo, Shadowfax Winery and more).
FROM THE AIRPORT:
The airport is 30 minutes away by car or taxi. The quickest route is the Western Ring Road, getting off at the Millers Road exit.
From the freeway, turn right onto Millers Rd, travel 3km (5 minutes) until you get to a large roundabout.
Turn left onto Kororoit Creek Road, travel 4km (5 minutes) then turn right into Lakeview Avenue, then immediately veer right and you will see a house with a red wall & front door on the corner of Sunset Ave & Arthur's Way. Letterbox says number 6. You have arrived!
There is free on-street parking around the house/apartment. It is not reserved parking - anyone can use it. If there are no free spaces in front of the house, there is a parking lot at the end of Lakeview Avenue on the left, and also plenty of free parking on Kororoit Creek Rd right in front of the house.
I recommend that you have a car when staying here so that you can have easy access to all the area has to offer.
If you are not driving, I strongly recommend that you download the PTV app (Public Transport Victoria).
Bus: There is a bus stop right outside the door which will take you to Williamstown North railway station just a few minutes down the street.
Train: The nearest station is about a 15 minute walk from the house (or you could take the bus). From there it is a short 20 minute train ride to the heart of Melbourne. In the other direction, the bus will take you to beach-side Altona.
GETTING TO THE CITY:
I recommend that you drive 5 minutes to the railway station and park there, then take the train into town. It only takes 20 minutes and is cheap and easy.
Thinking of taking a tour to the Grampians, Great Ocean Road, or around Melbourne? Go West and Melbourne Walkabout Tours offer discounts to AirBnB guests. Ask me about it before you plan your trip.
Other things to note
Available for guest use:
- 2 bicycles so you can explore the local area
- Bicycle helmets available for guest use
- Guest safe in bedroom robe
- Beach mats & towels
- Picnic baskets & rugs
- Folding table & chairs
- Hair dryer in bathroom
- Ironing board & iron in bedroom
- A starter supply of basics such as toilet paper, shampoo, soaps etc are supplied to start you off. You will need to buy more yourselves if this is a longer stay
- Shoes off in the house please, to protect the beautiful timber floor
- Please respect the neighbours by being quiet and considerate at all times
- No smoking anywhere on the property
- Only guests named on the booking are allowed onto the property
- No visitors are allowed on the property at any time
- Children only by prior agreement
- No parties of any kind!
- Clean up after yourselves - use the bins provided
- Please turn off all lights, heating/cooling & fans when leaving the house
- Please consider others and the environment by limiting showers to 5 minutes
- This listing is not available for hen's parties or as a wedding base-camp
- Strictly no pets
I am not quite a local as I have only lived in Williamstown since 1980, but I have seen the area change considerably in my 36 years as a resident. I have contributed to that change by renovating and/or building 5 houses in the area, and I'm also to blame for local population growth as I have raised 3 children here. I'm a passionate advocate for the attractions of life in the Western Suburbs, and well known in the local business community as a prolific networker and small business champion. As the Airbnb Community leader for the region, I strive to deliver the best possible guest experience, and be an advocate for responsible hosting.
My family are German so I speak the language fluently, and a smattering of others. I am endlessly fascinated by language and culture. I love art & design and my environment reflects that. Sharing that enjoyment with others is its own reward, which is why I like hosting.
As a host, I try to be helpful but never intrusive, and I know the small touches are always appreciated. I am sensitive to my guests' wishes, and hope that they will take away lovely memories of their stay in Melbourne.