About this listing
True authentic New York experience... Welcome to my serene apartment in the most prestigious and the safest neighborhood in all of New York. Come live, not like a tourist. But, like someone who lives in New York!
*** PLEASE DO NOT SUBMIT ANY RESERVATION REQUEST OR HIT "INSTANT BOOK IT" Until you agree to the first 3 bulletin points***
1) NO SMOKING within the apartment.
2) NO kids or pets traveling along.
3) NOT more than 2 people staying in the apartment. (if thats the case, please write to me and we can do it as normal booking and not "instant booking")
If you are looking for a stay less than 6 nights, and my calendar for dates are free, please write to me.
--Scroll down direct to FAQ section for a quick overview--
Live New York City! Experience The sex and the City, Will & Grace, Gossip girl, Confessions of a shopaholic, Eyes Wide Shut, Autumn in Newyork or whatever NYC based TV serial/ movie you can ever think of.
Your neighbors are: Mayor Bloomberg, Beyonce Knowles, Barbara walters, Bruce Willis, Donald Trump, Kofi Annan, Jason Giambi, Ralph Lauren and Woody Allen to name a few. This summer, live it all up.. in a nice one bedroom apartment, for a budget you can afford..
"The neighborhood is the greatest concentration of individual wealth in the nation" says Wikipedia! The apartment is located in prime upper east side neighborhood. It is in the 4th floor of an ELEVATOR building.
Wake up in the morning and go for a run in central park reservoir or East river whatever the mood calls for; Have Mediterranean, Mexican, Moroccan, Turkish, Persian, Greek, Italian, Thai, Vietnamese or Chinese restaurant walking not more than 1 block. Do you want to go to a fine wine place, or a dive bar, or a sports bar, or a karaoke, or lounge, or some late night pizza? Did you come back at 4AM from a club, and you want something delivered at your place within 15 mins? This is the neighborhood to be in. Any midtown attraction / main transportation hub / Broadway shows/ Night club in the City is within a $7 cab ride away.
Express subway 86th street station - 5 blocks, Guggenheim, The met and central park - 5 blocks, East river - 4 blocks, Tons of restaurants and fun bars/lounges 1~2 blocks. from the apartment.
Furnishings include: A Queen-size bed, Shelves for your clothes, Large work desk, comfiest recliner office chair, Television, WIFI internet, Air Conditioners (One in Bedroom, one in the living room) a Microfiber couch, Kitchen, Microwave, Dining area, bar stools. We also include iron, ironing board and hair dryer.
I absolutely LOVE living here. Come make a friend in NYC, get some hot tips for places to chill and hidden gems in the city. and fall in love with the place! This apartment, just like the city, is too dear to me! I cant imagine living elsewhere! :)
A best way to experience any city is not to *stay* in the city... But, to *live* in the City. Live the experience of a lifetime. Experience New York City like a native! Make it memorable.
Enjoy, Cherish and experience. Realize the true meaning of the term "New Yorker".
"Where is the apartment located and what's the neighborhood like?"
- Located in the heart of the UES in a safe, residential neighborhood
- Situated five blocks from 86th street station Express trains 5,6 & local train 4.; Four blocks from 77th street local train station Local train 4.
- The crosstown bus to the Upper West Side is 2 blocks from the building at 79th street and 3rd ave.
- Starbucks, McDonalds, Chipotle, bars, pizza, supermarkets, and pharmacies all within a couple block radius of the apartment
- 3 blocks away from Central Park, 4 blocks from Riverside Park
- Great restaurants and bars within a block radius
"What's the apartment like? What makes it a unique place to stay?"
- Fully furnished (with all new furniture), newly remodeled 1 bedroom on the 4th floor of an elevator building
- Living room/dining area with separate bedroom
- Newly redone, and super clean bathroom (non-shared)
- Brand new 32" TV with DVR and DVD player
- Desktop Computer with Internet Connection
- WIFI connectivity for all your WIFI enabled devides.
- Microwave, Stove, refrigerator, plates, cups, pot, pans, and cooking utensils
- On call Laundry service.
- There's an iron and ironing board and a hair dryer, so you don't have to carry your own.
- Really quiet apartment. Walk in and cut yourself out of the crazy, noisy city.
- Just in case it wasn't fully clear, this is a NON-SHARED apartment and you get the ENTIRE place to yourself.
"What's included with my stay?"
- Towels, sheets, pillows, blanket
- High-speed WiFi and wired internet (ethernet cable provided)
- All utilities, including: electric, heat, hot water, cooking gas (stove/oven)
- Iron and ironing board
- A personal touch of service and attention for every one of my guests!!
"What sort of things are available if I request them in advance?"
- Extra Queen-size air mattress (in addition to the queen-size bed and couch) for separate sleeping spaces ($40/night)
- Pre-order your own groceries from (website hidden)
"There are a couple of reviews concerning the cleanliness of the apartment. Should I be worried?"
-When I had gone for traveling a few months ago, I had hired someone to maintain my apartment and coordinate. The reviews were from that time. Right when I got to know that the person had not maintained it, I replaced him and worked extra on promptly bringing the apartment back to its clean state and partially refunded to the guests from that time for their inconvenience. A guest's comfort is our highest priority. As you can in see the recent reviews after that incident, the apartment is back in shape with spick and span cleanliness. This, I can assure you.
Is there anything you don't see here that would help make your stay more pleasant and comfortable?
Just let me know, I'd be happy to accommodate!
Any information left out or something else you'd like to know about?
Please feel free to ask and I'll happily get back to you as soon as I can!
You will have access to everything except my personal belongings tucked away in a corner.
Interaction with Guests
My maid will be in touch if you need anything. They are very responsive and helpful. The phone number will be given to you in check in instructions.
Other Things to Note
For every guest who will request for additional set of towels and linens after the first set, we charge an extra $50 - this is for the laundry and other staff needed.
We have a key delivery service that takes care of handling the keys to the guests, as Im often not in the city.
The Concierge service will send you an email and give you with contact information to coordinate with you directly.
Please note that there is a charge for this, IN ADDITION to your booking fee. The following is the tariff structure taken straight from their website.
We charge the ff. fees for key handling at these specific check in times:
6:00am-9:00am = $65
9:00am-7:00pm = $45
7:00pm-10:00pm = $65
10:00m-12:00am = $85
12:00am-6:00am = $105
Flight delays will attract $50/hr charge
There is a TV. But, no cable television. There is open to air TV. If I'm traveling (which I do a lot) , I would not be able to check the connections and help trouble shoot. If cable TV is more important on your trip to New York, I'd recommend you book another place that provides it.
Be cool, fun and not too noisy. No smoking, No pets. Party a lot, But outside the apartment. Please don't trash the place. That would attract separate cleaning charges. I don't want to deal with it too.
There aren't any other rules. Just be courteous and treat my apartment like yours. I'll be more than happy.