100% sun-powered, the Surf-Hut overlooks the break at Shipwreck's Beach... great surf when it's rolling in.. great swimming, wind surfing, snorkeling, when it's not. Desert meets sea, so lots of cacti, wildflowers, whales, pelicans & arroyos to see!
The detached guest-palapa is about 10' x 12', and is furnished two single beds, which can be attached to make one queen. We can also provide you with an eatra cot, and/or pitch you a tent, if you're traveling with a larger group.
* PLEASE BE SURE TO READ OVER OUR PROFILE, LOCATION, AMENITIES AND HOUSE RULES SECTIONS...and please contact us *PRIOR* to making a reservation request! ...sorry for typing so loudly but many of these points seem to often be overlooked and I then get all sorts of questions that are already listed here :)
...AND PLEASE READ THIS TOO:
The listed price can vary for different months to reflect high and low seasons, holidays, etc. So as well as checking the present rate, please check to see what the price would be for the period that you are looking, as this could be more or less than what is listed above. To do this, type in your dates in the 'Book it!' box on the first page of our listing(you will not have to book at this point).
• 900 miles South of the border.
• 200 miles West of Mexico City.
• 30 miles NE of Cabo San Lucas.
• 12 miles to nearest town / airport.
• 100 steps to sand and sea...
David & Hannah said "Leon and Elana were gracious and charming hosts and our time with them was the highlight of a long tour of southern Baja. If you're looking for good surf, quiet beaches, tasty meals, general tranquility, and a picturesque place to rest your head at night ... look no further."
Cory said "I have never been as relaxed on vacation as I was while staying at Elena & Leon's place. Each morning after a walk to the surf we had a delicious breakfast prepared by Elena, while dinners became an opportunity to converse over good tequila. Leon & Elena are well-read, open-minded, and definitely contributed to our experience in Baja. While one can ignore civilization at this remote slice of paradise, the palapa and main house are completely solar powered and, believe it or not, also offer high-speed wireless internet."
The palapa is a separate and private dwelling, about 30' from the main house, and there's an outdoor(but private) shower behind the main house, which is open at all times. There is also a 'dry toilet', about 40' from the guest-hut, and the main house is open for free coffee and drinking water between set hours. WiFi is included in the rental, and can usually reach the guest-hut, but if not, it is available in, or near to the main house.
Interaction with guests
With a day or so advance notice, breakfast is available until noon, as well as lunches and and/or dinners, at very reasonable prices.
• Please note that part of living in a desert means that water here is extra precious... we therefore try to be extra careful how we use it. This means that showers need to be kept on the short side and we have no plumbed toilet but instead use a well kept dry/outhouse type of toilet.
* Please let us know if you're considering bringing your pooch...we have cats and so can only have kitty friendly pets visiting.
* If you do bring along a pet please keep in mind that coyotes, bobcats, and birds of prey, also call this (URL HIDDEN) please be aware of the dangers before allowing smaller pets to roam the monté unsupervised.
Cancel up to 5 days before your trip and get a full refund. Cancel within 5 days of your trip and the first night is non-refundable, but 50% of the cost for the remaining nights will be refunded.
About me / About you: *****************************
Me: I'm fairly creative and run my own business and I am health conscious. I love my work as well as my fun. I prefer a clean house but can be messy at times in my own room and around my desk area when life gets busy (though I do try to keep this contained). I am generally cheerful and brave, and enjoy celebrating this world's great things, while remaining sedulous in the strive for melioration. I like to bike, run, read, work, laugh, cook, eat, question authority, talk to strangers on the bus, and see and hear live music. I am a clown, a romantic, a philosopher, and a maniac...maaaaniac on the dance floor (order changes according to situation). My origins lie in NYC but I've been growing up all over the place, with recently 20+ years in Europe and the U.K.*****************************
I try to live as sustainably as is possible in the big city, and am an avid supporter of bike and public transport use, and do not own a car(by choice!). Contrary to popular belief ~ this IS possible in LA! *****************************
I volunteer for The LA Homeless Services Authority and The LA Food Bank *****************************
You: Are pleasant and easy to be around, tidy and have Eco habits or are open to a little adapting.*** Most importantly, you are a kind, considerate, and conscious individual.