It does not get more central than this. Stora torget - Main Square - is just outside the door. You are right on the walking street and at the other side of the building is the river with its picturesque atmosphere (see photos).
Your room is facing the old square and the cathedral but has a quiet private courtyard and some lecture halls for the Peace and conflict department of Uppsala university.
The flat is a colorful and friendly place with a roof terrace where you can barbecue hot dogs or just sit and read (mustard and ketchup is on us). There are only four apartments and the H & M headquarters in the building so the huge terrace is always available.
There is complimentary tea and Nescafe whenever you like.
It might also be possible to borrow a bike for a few days or rent it for the entire month. (Check with us in advance).
For all guests:
* There is a laundry room in the basement free of charge.
(just tell us in advance and we'll book it for you or if it is free just go ahead and use it).
* Outside terrace with possibility to barbeque hot dogs or vegatables
For short term stays:
Breakfast is complimentary/free for shorter stays. The first week for long term stays also. It includes:
* Home made organic müesli
* Organic / ecological milk
* Organic / ecological marmelade and Swedish butter
* Healthy bread
* Tea and coffe
If you would like to keep some things in the fridge, like sandwiches, soft drinks or extra stuff for breakfast that is fine.
*Unfortunately you will not be able to cook if you are staying for a short period less than week.
*We'll be glad to invite you to share a (probably vegetarian) meal or two with us if we are at home :)
Long term stays :
* Breakfast is free during your first week :)
* You will also have full access to cook in the kitchen (no lamb or pork though), a place in the fridge and freezer for your breakfast and other food stuff.
We are more than happy to show you:
or go on a bike tour along the river
(just check with us first to make sure we'll be home).
If you want tips about what to do just tell us.
* If you rather be left alone, just inform us and that is fine too and we will just welcome you and be there if you have any questions :)
You are smack in the middle of everything. Shopping and all kinds of restaurants of all sorts, university buildings, student nations, pubs, libraries, botanical gardens, gyms, a bath house/ swimming pools, parks, the concert and congress house, the castle, the cathedral and its picturesque surroundings by the river.
Everything is basically a stone's throw away.
See our photos. They are all within a ten minute walk away in different directions.
Follow the river up streams for cafes, restaurants or old houses. Take the second or third bridge left to go into the old university area toward the old cemetery, maybe stop at the Italian restaurant. Or walk up to the castle and view the city and the botanical gardens from above.
Walk downstream and visit the city park, a green oasis. Have dinner at one of the boats or continue to the mini golf court.
Or just wander around the building, the old square or the pedestrian shopping street. See it all in the photos.
Keep an eye on the cathedral and the river. That way you know you are always near the apartment.
All of this is within 1-10 minute walk or an hour or two to see it all.
- You can basically see all that Uppsala has to offer by foot from our place.
- Many buses stops at Stora torget (the main square and the name of the bus stop) and we are a few minutes away from the train station (should you like to go to Stockholm). Just visit the UL or SJ webpage for the itinerary.
- Bike will definitively take you everywhere in Uppsala and is the main transportation for many in town.
- If you are coming by car we can offer a garage 15 minute walk from the apartment for a fee of 100 SEK / day. (that is what about 4 hours will cost you parking in the streets) Please let us know in advance.
- Pick up from the airport can be arranged for 300 SEK (just let us know when you book) that is a little less than two train tickets ;)
In Sweden house keys are goverened by a system so they cannot be copied which means that if you loose your key they whole lock has to be changed. This is everywhere like this so even if you find your own place eventually keep this in mind since changing locks costs between two - three K SEK.
Please note that we are vegetarian and do not allow cooking meat (lamb and pork) in the kitchen
A common thing in Sweden is to take off your shoes at the door so that will be greatly appreciated.
It also keeps the house clean ;)
* Please respect that this is our home and we live here so drunk and disorderly behavior is not really OK.
Mutual respect and kindness will do just fine.
* If you drink coffee and tea please wash up the dishes and wipe off the table.
* No parties or pre-parties please.
* Smoking is OK only outside at the terrace.
For long term guests:
We like our home very clean :)
* no cooking of pork or lamb!!!
* clean the stove after each time you cook
* leave the kitchen very clean after cooking. - - Clean the table and the cooking surfaces every time.
- Do the dishes properly to get all food off.
If you eat bread make sure there are no crumbs left.
- Pick up anything off the floor and keep even the place under the sink clean.
* We recycle so it is important to open packages, milk boxes etc. and actually wash them like the dishes before recycling. Keep our planet green and clean :)
* clean the bathtub from hair etc after using it
* please don't store food in the room. If there is not enough place in the kitchen just tell us and we'll try to make more room.
We once had to throw a wardrobe away because of cheese stored there
Please vacuum it once a week :) or every two weeks
Our and your room:
We will never go into your room without your permission. If something needs to be fixed we will ask you first.
The same way we expect you to respect our room to be private when we are not at home. In case you need anything please just ask first.
Thank you and welcome.
Really wonderful place for living, locate in the center of Uppsala, convenient to work. David & Maja are really nice and warm hearted, and considering everything for me, thanks very much! Strongly recommend.
David and Maja are perfect hosts. From the beginning I felt like at home and this is very important when you arrive in a new city. They were kind and helpful, providing me information and tips useful to discover Uppsala. The flat is nice, very clean and cozy and the location is central and ideal to discover the city. Maja and David will take care of you and of every possible detail…I stayed 2 months in their home and now I consider them as good friends… I really recommend them and their home!
David and Maja were warm, attentive and very respectful hosts. They know a lot about their city and Sweden with clever insights resulting from their several travels around the world. Also they like food for itself and the sharing nature of meals, which I much appreciated.
The flat itself is nice, with a natural lay-out for flat sharing, good light exposition and a homely yet (very Swedish) "design" feeling. The location is simply IDEAL to discover Uppsala and its surroundings on a week-end or for a longer stay more work-related (it's very quiet at night).
I'm quite new to airBnB so I don't know if it's the "use", but I'm happy to be contacted for more information; I have only good things to say about them and the flat!
If you are looking for the best place to stay in Uppsala,look no further cause this is the one. The flat is perfectly located, clean, with a very confortable bed. Maja and David will really make you feel at home and take care of every possible detail! A very highly recommended place to stay!
We are two very nice 35-year old teachers who love music and travel :)
We have traveled all over the world and met so many good people and we hope to give you a nice travel experience. We believe that what you give is what you get and we are always keen on giving you a heartfelt welcoming smile :D
Vi är två lärare i 35-års åldern som tycker om att träffa människor från hela världen och olika delar av Sverige. Vi ska göra vårt bästa för att er vistelse i Uppsala ska bli så bra som möjligt. :)