About This Listing
Get the chance to be one of very few people living on an island! Elounda Island Villa is the only one building on the island of Elounda! A road leads in 10 minutes to Kolokytha Bay, which has the most transparent and turquoise waters in the area. There's also plenty of good snorkeling around the area. Cross the bridge and within 10 minutes you reach Elounda village, with its sandy beaches and enticing tavernas perched along the sea's edge. In season, there's enough nightlife to keep teenagers (or adults) amused for a few days. You can arrange boat excursions along the coast, or catch a day-cruise to the rocky island of Spinalonga, with its Venetian fortifications and macabre history as a leper colony. Watersports are also available in Elounda. Activities in the area:
• Snorkeling in some ruins of the sunken city "Olous", still remaining in the sea, 200m away form the Villas!
• A peaceful walk to the Byzantine mosaic, the old windmills, the bridge and the protected lake with the migratory birds where the Salt mines used to be till the '60s.
• Swim in the crystal, clear waters of Kolokytha beach (1200m away from the Villas).
• A full of fun visit by boat to the Spinalonga Island with the Venetian Fortress and the old Leper Colony.
• A coffee or a drink by the sea-lake in the town of Aghios Nikolaos.
• A visit to the "real Crete": the traditional Cretan villages of the area (Kritsa, Limnes, Neapoli, Vryses, Vrouchas, Pines, Fourni etch.).
• A drive to Lassithi Plateau with Diktaion Cave (where Zeus was born).
• A visit to the monasteries of Areti and Toplou.
• A visit to the archaeological museum of Heraklion, Aghios Nikolaos and Neapoli.
• A drive to the archaeological sites of Knossos, Festos, Zaros, Zakros, Malia and Gournia.
• Also, one can have a day trip to Vai Palm Forest or have fun at the 18-hole Golf Course of Hersonisos and the water park "Aqua Spalsh".
Lida is an excellent host and she made our stay really pleasant, with her tips and welcoming smile every time we needed anything. The location is perfect to run away from it all: at night, the only sound we heard was the sea; during the day, we enjoyed a swim in the isolated beach right next to the houses and explored this lovely part of Crete. I will definitely stay here again!
If you are looking for privacy and quietness, this is the most suitable place in Elounda. Traditional cozy white multilevel houses, stunning sea view, olive trees, blooming hibiscuses, peaceful atmosphere. But, of course, the essence of this place is its location - close to everything in Elounda but hidden from the fuss.
Lida is very friendly and attentive host, ready to help anytime and give advice and directions.
We spent a month at Elounda Island Villas in the end of season (mid Sep-mid Oct) with a one-year old kid. It was a perfect vacation, we enjoyed every day.
We strongly recommend to rent a boat and spend a day sailing around the Kolokitha island, swimming or snorkeling in breathtaking lagoons - Lida will help you with arrangement.
Tout était paradisiaque dans ce lieu: l accueil chaleureux, souriant, mais discret de Lida, de ses parents et de l équipe, la sérénité des lieux, le bruit des vagues en fond sonore depuis la maison, le confort de l appartement sur 4 paliers meublé simplement et avec goût, les 2 balcons-terrasses avec vue sur la mer à 20m ainsi que sur le village d'Elounda au loin, de l autre côté de la baie, le petit restaurant familial, ombragé et tranquille qui sert de délicieux petits-déjeuners et des jus de fruits frais. Sans oublier les 2 plages paradisiaques proches (une magnifique plage de rochers à 5 min à pied et une autre de sable où l on peut profiter de l ombre des oliviers, à 10 min en voiture+10 min à pied).Tout cela fait de cet endroit un lieu où le temps semble suspendu.
Je recommande cet hôtel à qui apprécie le calme avec neanmoins la possibilité de trouver un village à proximité (10 min à pied, 4 min en voiture), des restaurants, des marchés et de l'animation. Quel plaisir de rentrer le soir et de ne plus rien entendre que le son des vagues!
J' y retournerai, c' est sûr!
The appartment was how described in the internet. Lida was very friendly and helpful. We had an excellent 1 week stay on Crete. The high light was breakfast on our terrasse with a splenedid view over the bay.
About the Host, Lida
I am a visual artist living in Athens and in Crete Greece. I enjoy traveling and I love getting to know different cultures and mentalities. Of course I do not miss visiting museums and galleries. My favorite city is Berlin but I find all European destinations fascinating. I would love to visit Japan and Latin America. My favorite food is 'Gemista' (Stuffed Vegetables) and I love anything hot and spicy. My life motto is ''tomorrow is a new day'!