This room is one of three separate rooms that are located inside the apartment "A warm and cozy home away from home" The apartment is rented out as an entire apartment, as well as individual rooms. Hence, guest must check with me before making reservation, so I can verify whether or not the place is available entirely or just as private rooms..
This room is located on the 1st floor of my home. It is in a beautiful duplex apartment in Brooklyn that is 15 minutes away from downtown Manhattan by trains. My neighborhood borders both a Jewish and a West Indian community and I live on a small block that located across the street from a playground and one block away from the Interfaith Hospital. There are post offices, pharmacies, grocery stores, hair and nail salons, supermarkets and other places that provides a variety of amenities nearby. The C train is just one block away & the A trains are two blocks away, the LIRR is also a block away and other means of public transportation are very convenient just in case one does not drive. There is a parking garage that is located three blocks away from my home, also a BP Gas station and a Seven Eleven is located around the corner just in-case one does drive. Furthermore, The Children's museum, Brooklyn Museum, Brooklyn Bridge, Prospect Park and the Botanical Garden are all amazing sites to see while staying at my home.
SORRY THIS ROOM ONLY ACCOMMODATES ONE PERSON, NO EXTRA GUESTS ALLOWED!!! THANK YOU!!
I DO NOT PROVIDE DISH WASHING LIQUID, DETERGENT, TOILET PAPER AND PAPER TOWELS FOR GUESTS WHO ARE STAYING LONGER THAT THREE(3) WEEKS. THESE AMENITIES ARE ONLY PROVIDED FOR INDIVIDUALS WHO HAVE SHORTER STAYS, SORRY FOR ANY INCONVENIENCES.!!
|Room type:||Private room|
|Bed type:||Real Bed|
|Minimum Stay:||4 nights|
|Weekly Price:||$400 /week|
|Monthly Price:||$850 /month|
|Check In:||1:00 PM|
|Check Out:||10:00 AM|
Good place to stay on a budget. I didn't spend much time at all in the neighborhood, but it was safe enough and it's very close to the subway, as well as a grocery store. The room is (as disclosed) very, very small. Portia wasn't around but kept in touch and made sure everything went smoothly. The other guests (I think there were two other larger rooms) were conscientious about sharing the kitchen and everyone mostly kept to themselves.
I have stayed at Portia's for 4 weeks and although Portia is very nice, helpful and friendly and the place is clean, I would still not recommend staying there, because:
- the room is overpriced considering its very small size and location. Once you have put your suitcase in the room, the whole space is taken up. It is located in a neighborhood in Brooklyn where you won't find any restaurants and bars, and it becomes a bit unsafe past a certain hour at night.
- it is very noisy, night and day, because of the train which passes right in front of the window and the very thin walls and ceilings (you can hear every whisper, music, and every step coming from above and from next door).
- the photos make the place look very bright and homely, but it is very dark and empty in reality, which makes it quite depressing. The lights need to be on all the time, even when the sun is shinning outside.
- there is no washing machine and the kitchen is poorly equipped
- towels and bedsheets are provided (and Portia will kindly provide new ones whenever you need), but toilet paper, and dish soap are normally not provided if you stay longer than a few days.
- if you are a student, there is no desk to work from.
- Portia was very inflexible and refused twice to change the reservation when I asked several weeks in advance.
- I understood from the description of the listing that the room was located in Portia's home and that I would be living with her and her mother. In reality, Portia doesn't live in the apartment, which means you will be by yourself or with other airbnb guests who stay in other rooms. It can be a good thing if you want to have a lot of freedom, but I was expecting a home stay and was a bit disappointed.
I recommend staying with Portia. Her house is 5 minutes from the C line which takes you to Manhattan in 20 minutes. The apartment is very clean and the neighbor hood felt safe. The room is very small but I spent most of my time in the living room anyway. Portia was very nice and helpful to me and we had some interesting conversations as well.
I really enjoyed, staying at the Small Room and at Portia's House. It's quiet and the location is great! There are only some minutes to walk to the subway, which gets you right to Manhattenm and the apartment is also really close to a big grocery store.
Portia is a wonderful host and she helps you wherever she can.
I'm already looking forward to staying there again someday!
A real home away from home, I felt really comfortable in Portia's house. It's clean, and quiet, with a nice space downstairs where you can cook, watch tv, or use your laptop etc. There's easy access to the subway, and it's pretty easy to get to and from Manhattan. Portia is really friendly, and a great peson to meet!
This was my first time using Airbnb and would highly recommed using it. Portia was a very good attentive hostess and the room and the house fitted my needs and it was close to shops and trainstops. I liked our nice conversations about NYC. Thanks Portia!
The house is near the subway and Portia made just a great host, providing everything I needed. I spent 3 months feeling like I was home, had such a great time in this amazing city!
My stay at Portia's unit was a great experience. The room is just what I needed for the duration of my trip to New York (and consistent with the write up). It was clean and comfortable.
Portia was accommodating and flexible to requests and assisted all her guests as much as was possible (this I witnessed first hand). She was also was very helpful regarding tips for Brooklyn/ Manhattan travel!
I left with entertaining memories thanks in part to stories Portia told me.
Portia was an exceptional host, upon arrival she was at the apartment promptly waiting for me, she helped me with my luggages and escorted me to my room. She immediately showed me the ins and outs of staying at her place and readily proposed any further assistance that I may need in getting settled in the space that I had reserved. During my stay she was always friendly, courteous and respectful - she gives her guests the right amount of space and also she provides clean towels and sheets, Oh did I say the apartment is always clean? yes, very clean. She was even gracious enough to invite myself and a few others guests who were staying at the apartment to have a few fun nights in the town. I had a great stay at Portia's apartment and I would gladly stay there again when I go back to NY. I would definitely recommend anyone to stay at her apartment because she is very hospitable.
This is the final rate, including any fees from the host and Airbnb.