Hello Mara, Thank you for your feedback. I am sorry to hear of your challenges while on your winter retreat. I would like to address your points for accuracy and fair representation.
1. We offer wi fi only in Harmony Cabin. You did not stay in Harmony and we make no claims of wi fi anywhere else.
2. Our retreat is in a very rural location in western Maine. Our website offers very specific directions in case cell phone reception drops if using (Hidden by Airbnb) maps and there is a map in our parking lot to find your yurt. There are signs directing you on the land. We urge everyone to arrive before dark as our lighting is minimal. We are an off the grid retreat center and do not light the trails. This is clearly stated and we ask you to have you flash light handy. You arrived after 8pm.
3. Yes, in rural Maine cell phone reception is spotty and we make no claims that your cell will work in Denmark or on the land.
4. We inform all guests that it is a mountain retreat with sloped access especially in winter when access is by foot.
5. We do our best to keep the paths cleared and we have gotten dumped on with multiple back to back storms. I am very sorry if your foot travel was challenging at times. We will work on being more thorough on this!
6. We offer boot traction devices aka Yak Trax for sale on site and it is on your provided suggested packing list to bring snow shoes, rent ours or use traction devices as conditions vary from day to day in Maine in the woods and otherwise.
7. All of our information clearly states that our regular community yoga classes on site run from April-early Dec. If you can tell me exactly where you read that there would be winter classes, I would like to be sure to make that explicitly clear. To the best of my knowledge, we are very clear about when our yoga classes run and have not had winter classes for years. Guests are invited to schedule a private yoga class in advance.
8. You were informed that booking a private sauna was an option and the cost is $25 per person (not over $30 each). There was a slot for you Saturday 6:30pm and you didn't want it. We offer private appointments Thurs-Saturday based on availability. Our community sauna does run for 4-6 on Saturday and I am sorry if you experienced staff as unwelcoming.
9. During your stay we unfortunately had our shower room pipes freeze which is being repaired. One of our guests left that door open and the pipes froze, hence the sink not working. We had a plumber repair this as soon as able. Sorry you did not have hot water in the sink.
10. Our guests are all informed in all of our information that we have composting toilets and not indoor toilets.
11. We offer our guests privacy and respect during their stay, hence the self-check in, welcome notebook, maps, and contact info as needed. We never received a call or text from you asking for support in any way and we would have been there for you. It sounds like you had cell reception albeit spotty. We have found that stopping in to see guests has been intrusive so we have shied away from that.
If I am missing anything or you feel I am not understanding your concerns, please private message me and I will do what I can to make it right with you, for example, give you a significant discount to come try us again in different season and when yoga classes are happening again.