About this listing
Wheel of life. Photos by Irene Kuok (Singapore), our guest who stayed with us with her friends in Nov 2012. Check her photography studio RENEZ dot co dot nr
You are checking - Roof suite (on boat 1) - bed size Queen (soft bed) - full set bathroom, sea view balcony, full size wardrobe and drawers, desk, reading light, air-conditioned, clean pillows and quilt.
----- SEE ALL --------------
For other room options, visit below links:
1. http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/65117 ( Room1- Front Cabin, boat 1) - USD88/night
2. http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/349836 (Room 2-Roof Suite, boat 1) - USD 118/night
3. http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1514586 (Room3-Captain Suite, boat 1) - USD 108/night
5. http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/2013499 (Room5-Cabin Suite, boat 2)- USD 75/night
6. http://www.airbnb.com/rooms/1967069 (Room6-Captain Suite. boat 2) - USD108/night
"We are now recommended on Lonely Planet, yeeey" (See all photos)
------ BOAT DESCRIPTION & LOCATION --------:
Our Chinese wooden-Junk boat is called Moksha (Moksha in sanskrit means Liberation) and was built in 1993. The boat has been restored and converted into comfortable houseboat in Oct 2010, with classic Chinese wooden decoration, modern kitchen and with luxury of space, open deck and balconies watching and listening to sky, air, ocean, mountains and refresh from vibrant and high-tech Hong Kong. Moksha is moored in Arberdeen on Hong Kong Island in South China Sea and conveniently connected. A local bus ride to famous Times-Square in Causeway Bay is just 10 minutes away. Causeway Bay is HK's major shopping districts and one of the most crowded areas as it contains many trendy shops carrying both locally made fashion and products from Japan and rest of the world. As such, it is a popular social spot for young people. Your host Saral, Siti and 2 cats (Shiva & Apple) live on the boat and there are 2 extra rooms on boat for travelers to stay.
-------- ROOM DESCRIPTION------------:
On this page, you can see the bedroom pictures. It's a big 300 square feet suite room on the roof of the boat with independent floor, full set bathroom, sea view balcony, full size wardrobe and drawers, desk, reading light, clean pillows and quilt. The room is good for a family with 1 or 2 kids under 10 year old. We'll provide fresh bed linens on your arrival and change once in 3 days. Our helper will daily clean and make your bedroom, washroom / bathroom. This suite room can accommodate 2 persons (a couple) and a kid. There's no charge for one kid under 10 years old. We can also provide a mattress for the kids in the same room. For extra guests or kids can either book another room on the deck or stay in the TV room with a small double bed. The TV room is open but with a curtain to close on the bedside, please refers to pictures for details. If you are traveling with a bigger group, we could reserve 2 full boats or upto 6 rooms with the TV room. Please contact us for details.
- Bus Terminal and Taxi station is right outside our Pier.
- 2 minutes boat ride is the famous Jumbo Restaurant on ocean.
- 5 minutes by Local bus is Ocean Park
- 15 minutes by local bus to Jockey Club (Horse races-every Wednesday), Wan-Chai, Causeway-Bay and Deep-Water-Bay beach.
- 15 min by taxi to the Wanchai Exhibition center.
- 25 minutes by local bus & MTR to Central.
- Direct ferry to Lamma island from Aberdeen Pier - 5min from our boat.
Stone throw away from our boat is the Ocean Park, which is undoubtedly the best theme park in Hong-Kong (Yes, much better then Disney-Land). With the presence of four giant pandas and four very rare and cute red pandas, as well as plenty of rides, such as the celebrated roller coaster called the Dragon and the Abyss ‘turbo drop’. In Marine Land you’ll find sea lions and seals, daily dolphin and killer-whale shows, and aquariums with 5,000 fish from 400 species, and contain the world’s biggest aquarium viewing dome. The newly opened "Polar adventure" in 2012 house many polar animals including 70 penguins, pacific Walruses etc.
NEARBY LOCAL FOOD MARKET:
To go for local flair, near to our boat, there's Nam Long Shan road cooked food market and Ap Lei Chau Fish Market where Chinese Dai pai dong (food stalls) operators cook up tasty dishes in HK$30 to HK$60 range, and affordable seafood selections. You can buy seafood from the wet market downstairs and pay them to cook it for you the way you want.There's also a Thai food restaurant that offers the best Tom Yum soup and Red Curry run by a Thai couple. Every evening, fishermen, dragon boaters and locals come to these markets for the cheap beer and delicious food.
NEARBY BEACHES, ISLANDS, HIKING & WATER SPORTS:
Lots of beaches like Deep-water Bay (walkable distance), Repulse Bay, Stanley beach and small island villages that are within 20 mins bus or Ferry ride from our boat. We can arrange many water sports such as wake-boarding, Jet-Ski etc so send us message for details. Stanley is also famous for stalls selling that last-minute souvenirs gifts and lots of great restaurants and bars. 20mins by Ferry is the most famous Lamma Island where you can visit the Lamma Fisherfolk's Village, Tin Hau Temples and enjoy hiking to find strange rocks and beautiful views or relax by eating sumptuous Chinese seafood feast at a delightful waterfront restaurants.
----------FROM AIRPORT TO OUR BOAT--------------:
From the airport to our place, it takes around 40 minutes by Taxi & costs around HKD350. If you want a local/cheaper option, then first take the airport express train (HK$100 per person) from the airport to Hong Kong Station (Central- last stop) then jump on a bus (HKD4.7 per person) from right outside the Hong Kong Station station (Exchange Square bus terminal) to the last stop (Shum Wan road bus terminal) near our home. Or you can take a taxi (HKD80) after you arrive Central. The pier is next to the bus terminal, you can take the water taxi to the boat. It's only 2 minutes away from the pier to the boat. The water taxi runs 24 hours and cost HKD7 per person in the day time, HKD10 per person in the night time and HKD20 per person after mid-night. The direction with full details & reference pictures will be sent to you few weeks before your check in.
You can always see "Boat Moksha Hong Kong" on FxxxBxxk Page as well !! If you like our FxxxBxxk page, you will get US$ 5 off for every night of your stay with us. You can also go to that page to check out more picture which are shared by our guest :).
-----------BREAKFAST, LUNCH & DINNER----------
Basic breakfast such as cereals, bread-toast, tea, coffee will be provided. You are welcomed to use the kitchen to cook and store your groceries in our fridge but make sure to clean-up after use. If you like us to prepare meals for you, please send us message for details. There are also many local & chain restaurants around. Please ask us for details.
Finally, if you haven't found answers to all your questions then feel free to send us the message with your questions. We'll get back to you as soon as possible, normally within an hour if not sleeping.
In addition, you may also read "House Rules" to find out more about the location, our pets, check in, and check out times. Your host keeps the availability calendar updated, so you may go ahead and book if it says available or otherwise send us the message and we may be able to make special arrangements depending on conditions.
Looking forward to see you at Moksha-Happy Travels !!
- The hosts lives with 2 British-short-hair cats. As concerned about the health of the cats, Please do-not feed the cat without host permission.
- Check out time Before 1pm however in some circumstances such as late flight, we accept late check-out considering that no other guests are arriving the same day, in which case you are welcomed to hang-around on the boat but clear the room before 1pm.
- Check in time: After 1:00 pm however in some circumstances such as early flight arrival, we accept early check-in considering that no other guests are checking out the same day, in which case you are welcomed to hang-around on the boat until the room is cleared and cleaned.
IMPORTANT NOTE: If Check-in after 9pm, is consider as late and requires you to inform the host in advance as we have to make special arrangements. If the guest didn't inform the host of the late check-in, we will consider the booking is cancelled automatically without refund.
- We have electric toilets on-board which gets jammed/damaged if you throw anything else in the toilet except toilet paper (eg cotton buds, plastic, diapers, pads etc) . In case the pump is broken due to your carelessness we'll charge the repair fees of USD200 as penalty.
- Smoking is only allowed in outdoor area. It's not allowed to smoke indoors including living room, guest room and washroom.
- All rules are flexible, but the guests have to discuss with the host in advance if they have any special situation.
- Only the person who have made reservations to stay on the boat are allowed, if you have friends in Hong Kong and you want to invite them to the boat, please ask the host permission in advance. If the guest bring other persons on the boat without notice, we will cancel your stay permit immediately without any refund.
Front Deck. Photos by Irene Kuok (Singapore), our guest who stayed with us with her friends in Nov 2012. Check her photography studio RENEZ dot co dot nr