About this listing
Come & stay in our sunny studio that sleeps 3-4 people. London Eye and Parliament are just 2.4km away & can be reached direct by bus. We're 10 mins walk from Stockwell underground station & 15-20 mins walk from Vauxhall underground (5 mins by bus).
King size bed that's brand new. It's an extra comfy mattress and is orthopeadic so suits everyone, even those with back pain.
We are long standing and popular hosts on airbnb and it is our top priority to make sure you have a welcoming apartment to call home whilst on holiday in our wonderful city. May you enjoy your time at our place!
Firstly, this studio apartment is completely private. You'll be staying here alone with your party, so all rooms and amenities are for your private use.
The studio apartment is clean, cozy, calm, extremely private and has free WIFI. Airbnb have come to visit to take these photos, so rest assured what you see is what you get.
Our studio is on the fourth floor of a block which you access through a lift. The studio has three rooms: kitchen, bathroom and one large bright room - one half is the bedroom and the other half is the sitting room with a fireplace. The main room steps out onto a balcony, all of which is bright and catches the morning sun through until mid-afternoon.
We've decorated the studio with some British art and crafts so you get to see more of British life whilst at home - replica artwork by the eclaimed British graffiti artist Banksy, artwork of famous London locations and cushions made by Welsh artisan craftsmen using recycled bottles.
As hosts it's our job to make your holiday and smooth and fun as possible. With that in mind we've filled the apartment with things you'll need.
Beds - One of the most important things a host can provide are good beds for a restful night's sleep after a long day on the tourist trail. So we specially selected a European Kingsize (American Queensize) orthopedic bed and a new futon sofabed. Past guests have commented on the quality of sleep they get, so we're pleased we did our job here.
Alongside bedding and towels, we offer these special extras:
* Free WIFI
* For having fun in London: two mobile phones and two transport passes (Oyster cards) that make travelling around London easier and cheaper (you just need to load them up at the local shop), London tour books and guides.
* For beauty: Complimentary toiletries, hairdryer, iron and ironing board
* For refreshment: Breakfast cereal, coffee, tea and electric espresso coffee machine
* For entertainment at home: flat screen TV/DVD (with 30+ TV and radio stations), a book exchange and DVD collection.
The kitchen has full amenities, including washing machine, cooker, microwave, fridge/ freezer, kettle and caffetiere for you to prepare your fresh coffee. Take advantage of the supermarket 2 minutes from the house and cook something nice!
The bathroom has a shower and bathtub with glass screen. We provide towels and complimentary toiletries.
Check-in is between 1pm-8pm. This means your flight should arrive no later than 5pm.
Interaction with Guests
You can contact us by telephone and email. We provide mobile phones with our number on speed dial so you are able to ring us whenever you want.
Check-out is before 10am, check-in is after 1pm. In some cases we can be more flexible, so just let us know what times you need before you book and we'll see what we can do.
Our studio is in a typical inner-city London neighbourhood with residents from many different cultures. It's not yet trendy, but is popular with Londoners (especially young professionals) because of its close proximity to the heart of the city and great transport links.
The studio is set within a 1950's purpose built block in a housing estate of buildings that look exactly the same (you'll walk past some of these when walking to our place from the main road). The building and those around it are typical post-war London apartment blocks that you'll see all over London. From the outside, they're not fancy but once inside they're cosy, warm and flooded with natural light.
Our apartment is close to many things you might need. It's 3 mins away from a supermarket where you can buy your groceries, a bus stop to take you directly into the heart of the city, a restaurant to eat an evening meal and a newsagents to top up your travel card.
It's close to an area called "Little Portugal" in Stockwell - home to London's Portuguese community and people of Caribbean, West African and Indian descent. The high street close to our apartment has some cafes, restaurants, barbers and shops run by people from these communities.
We're 5-7 mins bus ride from Vauxhall, London's largest transport hub and emerging social scene. From here you can take buses, trains, tubes or a ferry to literally anywhere in London and beyond. You can also hire bikes by the hour – quite the way to see the city! Vauxhall also has your closest Starbucks, Pret-a-manger, bars, nightclubs (in the newly named area of VoHo) and restaurants overlooking the river Thames.
You'll choose to stay here for it's close proximity to the heart of London tourist sites. Reach London's biggest tourist sites - Big Ben and London Eye in 20 minutes by bus or 30 minutes walking. Stockwell tube station is 10 minutes walk, Vauxhall tube station is a 5 minute bus journey.
* Bus to Big Ben and London Eye in around 20 minutes, walking in around 30 minutes.
* The following popular tourist sites can be reached quickly by the underground - Vauxhall station (which is a 5-7 min bus ride/15-20 min walk): Oxford Circus (8 minutes); Buckingham Palace (6 minutes); Camden Town (15 minutes); British Museum (13 minutes)
* Airports; Heathrow (1 hour); Gatwick (45 mins); London City (39 minutes)
* By ferry from Vauxhall you can reach: Theatre Land for the west end musicals, Trafalgar Square, Covent Garden and The Strand (10 mins)
Other Things to Note
- Check-in is between 1pm to 7.30m. This means your flight should arrive no later than 5pm. If you arrive after 7.30pm then you will need to check in the next day.
- To help you make an informed decision about whether our studio is for you, we thought you might find it helpful to hear some of the private feedback we've had from our 70+ guests:
1) All our guests have loved our listing because it's close to the action, has everything you need, it's cosy in winter and floods with light in the sun and because we are experienced hosts who are responsive to your needs.
2) One or two said they would have liked a prettier apartment block and neighbourhood, so if you're looking for the pretty Victorian terrace on a traditional London street, then we might not be a great fit.
3) We have many bookings of 3-4 people staying. One or two times, guests who wanted to spend lots of time in the apartment thought the maximum capacity should be 3 as they thought 4 would be a bit of a squeeze. However, the majority have said the apartment can sleep 4 easily and if you're planning on just using our studio as a base to eat and sleep then we think you'll be just fine.
4) Finally, although none of our 70+ guests have ever commented on it, you might like to know that the apartment is near to a flower and fruit market. In winter months when tree cover is less, you might see part of the market building upon exiting the lift, but once in the studio you'll see none of it.
We hope that's everything covered, but if you have any more questions please get in touch. Happy holiday planning!
Jo and Luka
* Key collection is from the shop that is 2 minutes walk from the apartment and is very easy to find.
* Unless otherwise arranged prior to booking, check-in is between 1pm till 7.30pm, so your flight need to arrive by 5pm. If you are any later, you will need to check in the next day.
* Check-out is 10am. We reserve the right to withhold some of the security deposit for anyone checking out after this time. This will be passed onto the next guests and the cleaner who will arrive shortly after and who will be inconvenienced by the delay.
* Leave keys on dining table when you leave.
* Empty all bins before you leave (bins in carpark)
* Clean inside oven if you have used it. This includes the pan.
* Leave it as you find it.
* Please leave the travel cards on the dining table when you leave.
INSIDE THE APARTMENT:
Please treat our home as it is your home. For example:
*Please throw away your own rubbish and empty the bathroom basket before you leave (use the large garbage bins outside the door of the flat).
*Leave it as you find it.
*If using pan inside oven, please line with foil to stop dirt forming on the bottom which leads to extra cleaning.
*Don't forget to lock all doors, the front gate and close all windows upon leaving the house.
*Cutlery, cups, plates, cooker/ oven: Please clean immediately after use to stop stains.
*Smoking inside is not allowed.
*No pets allowed.
The bedroom area has dividing wall panels to give you extra privacy night or day. It extends so far that it completely hides the bed from the sitting room.