Large apartment with high ceilings, located in a building from 1847, in the very heart of Barcelona Old Town, next to las Ramblas, the old port Port Vell and Barceloneta.
Located in a XIXth century classified building, with high ceilings and some brick walls, you will love this 90 sqm apartment which sleeps 8 people with its 2 double bedrooms (queen size beds) plus two queen size sofabeds in the living room. Totally renovated in 2006, the apartment is furnished with all kinds of detailed luxury.
The Apartment offers a fully refurbished and refurnished flat which boasts an excellent cultural atmosphere. The apartment is on the first floor without lift and it has:
* One half bathroom with toilet.
* An entrance hall with closets.
* A nice bright spacious living room with two double sofa beds.
* A large comfortable dining area with table and chairs for eight.
* Fully equipped kitchen with large refrigerator and freezer, vitroceramic electric stove, oven, microwave oven, toaster, juice squeezer, coffee and tea pots, and all necessary equipment for cooking.
* Reading nook
* Two large bedrooms with double beds and clothes closet.
Complete bathroom with bathtub.
Double glazing and special laminated silence glass in windows.
Colour TV, radio, iron and ironing board, central heating and air-conditioning in summer (July and August).
Towels and bed linen are provided.
Cot for babies upon request.
This apartment is exclusively for your party, not shared with anybody.
The old medieval town of Barcelona; a mix of charming, picturesque, old-world neighborhood with its small shops and famous traditional “tapas bars”, “tascas” and “tavernas” and recent influx of young liberal professionals, artists and foreign immigrants with trendy and ethnic bars, restaurants and fashionable avant-garde shopping.
Close to the Plaça Sant Jaume, at only two blocks from the old docks, which are now the site of a great entertainment mall, the “Maremagnum” , the yacht and pleasure boat port. And at walking distance from the most interesting attractions that the city offers: Las Ramblas, Plaça Catalunya, beaches, the Picasso Museum, the Liceo Opera Theatre, the Cathedral, “el Borne” and the central shopping area, etc.
Located in the middle of the Gothic Area, just a few meters from the Ramblas, the Avinyo street brings you to Carrer Ferran, next to Pl. Sant Jaume, and down to Port Vell, the old Barcelona port. Or turn right on Carrer Ample to reach the Ramblas, left to reach El Born or Barceloneta and its beaches.
The Avinyo Street is a very lively one, and is actually the main pedestrian street in the Gothic area ( vehicle restrictions often in place). It has been a main thoroughfare since the days of the Romans, and in the late 18th and the early 19th century the street was the centre of the aristocratic city life.
This apartment is located in a building with other tourist rentals but also people living all year round.
No parties allowed in the apartment: there are plenty of places to have fun in the Old Town ... no noise in the building.
Cleaning is done after your departure, however guests are kindly requested to leave the kitchen and utensils clean, and the apartment reseaonably tidy.
Très bien placé
Le logement est fonctionnel
La qualité des lits est très moyenne
Le fait de prendre 400 euros de caution sans en avoir été informé au préalable est surprenant
1 seul jeu de clés pour 8, c'est un peu juste...
First some good points : the flat is very (very!) well located, big, clean, good value for money and confortable.
Nevertheless we were a bit annoyed by some other points that could easily fixed by a better communication on the part of Barcelona Line.
1) When we booked the flat, we were told that the price was not good and that we should pay 30% extra, but that "airbnb does not allow seasonal variation in prices" which is not true. We were a bit in a rush so accepted to pay the 30% extra upon arrival, mainly because even with 30% extra the price was still in the lower range of prices for comparable same-size flats.
2) The flat we got was not the one on the pictures. Barcelona line has two flats next two each others (same floor, same building), one with a cosy look with brick walls and so on, and another (ours) a bit darker. It was clean, big and confortable, and I don't know why Barcelone Line did not put any picture of it, except that the other one looked better and would attract more potential travellers. False advertisement, good product, but false advertisement nonetheless.
3) Barcelona Line did not warn us about construction work being done in the building. That would have affected the price (especially the 30% extra) we would have been ready to pay. Instead it only affected our happiness during our stay...
To sum up, a good flat, but a lack of professionnalism and honesty from Barcelona Line.
This host has 9 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews