A slice of the exotic east. A cliche? Well check it out. It marries old composure with hip styling. Red, emerald walls with staid cream. Doors, windows n fittings that look elegantly offbeat. A chalet, a true-blue Swiss was reminded of. Somehow! :)
Please place the filled-up trash bags from both kitchen and bathroom at the foot of a lamp post in front of the main gate. These bags are taken away by the Corporation. Trash includes leftover perishable food items, empty bottles, among other things. Pls do not leave leftover food inside the refrigerator.
Please lock all three doors both upstairs and downstairs when you leave the apartment. This is for your security.
Please ensure all lights and fans have been switched off when you leave the house. Please switch off all electrical equipment like ACs, geyser, microwave, when not in use.
Please switch on the light on the staircase if you are out for the evening, so that you won’t have visibility problems while unlocking doors once you return.
Please keep the apartment clean. A person will come to clean twice a week (Monday and Friday), if it's alright with you.
Please switch off the geyser after use.
Please use the wiper to swipe off water from the bathroom floor once you’ve had your bath. This is to ensure that the floor remains dry and convenient to use for the next user, which may well be you yourself ☺
1. Please wash and wipe dry the dishes and leave them in their respective places before you hand over the apartment to me. If there's any breakage, replacing or compensating are the two options. I should also be informed about it.
2. Please clean the counter and the gas table after each use, otherwise insects etc will invade. This is a tropical country, the high heat and humidity combine as a magnet for insects and little naughty creatures like mice.
3. Please empty out the refrigerator and clean it after final use.
4. Please use the trash can and empty it out regularly. Spare garbage plastic liners are kept in the kitchen.
5. Please switch off filter, microwave, electric kettle, washing machine after EACH use.
6. Please do not move around the microwave and plug it into other points. It will cause a fuse blowout.
7. If there is any breakage or damage of anything, including crockery or decorative items, in the apartment, you will have to replace it if possible or compensate. I do not charge a security deposit because I believe in you my guests.
Guests' guests policy:
This is a private residential apartment designed to give you a safe, cozy, personalised and home-like stay in a new city. I will try my best to keep it that way and feel I have been rather successful at that, going by the feedback of my guests.
Keeping both your and my security as well as the regulations of the housing society in mind, the rules for guest-of-guests are as follows.
1. During your stay, guests of guests will not be allowed in the premises, unless they are part of the family. You can entertain them for a day/two for a few hours. If it is an extended gathering, it will have to be organized outside the flat.
2. People who act as professional escorts or travel guides will strictly not be allowed in the premises.
3. People who became your friends in the course of your travels will not be allowed in the premises.
4. If you plan to have a friend/spouse/any other family member join you later in the course of your stay I will have to be informed well in advance before the booking and ID proof provided along with yours.
For the express purpose of security the street door to the complex is locked at 11.30 pm and then unlocked around 6 am the next morning. I'll advise you to be be back by 11.30 pm. Maybe it can be stretched to 12 am at the most but not beyond that. If you have an early morning flight to catch or if you have to go somewhere really early, you can use the key that I have provided to unlock the gate but you must let me know or inform one of the residents who stay nearer the main gate. My apartment is the second last one from the main street gate.
Kolkata, like any modern city, has a climbing crime rate. Maybe it's a case of more crimes being reported to the police and subsequently splashed across the media. But whatever be the case, for your safety and security, it's best not to invite trouble by being outside beyond 12 am. AFter all, you are here for not too many days. Besides, I imagine Kolkata's charms and quirks lies in many places which can be explored during the day. It has its share of nightclubs but I always think they are just a sham, a pale imitation of places that they have been imported from. :) (but thats of course my opinion)
Thanks a ton for your cooperation
This host has 47 reviews for other properties.View other reviews
My interests include food (low-oil), films, travel, photography, art, news, good conversation, among other things. My music's mostly eighties, seventies, and of course some of the current acts in electronic music, western and eastern classical music as well. I used to be a journalist at one point of time. I write features and edit, if I feel like it, now and then. I like painting, and am fascinated with poster art at present.
Well, I'm a wanderer (as Donna Summer sang many eons ago). I have travelled to most corners of India, other than the northeast. I'm just back from Istanbul. Needless to say, it was a mind-boggling, experience, though a bit rushed. I still feel stunned and am rained under millions of photographs that I and my son snapped up. Other recent visits were to places like Ladakh, Himachal Pradesh, Uttarakhand (mainly Binsar) and Gujarat (Kutch) Outside my country, I have travelled to China, Bhutan, Thailand, Malaysia, Cambodia, Egypt, Nepal, Mexico, Milan, London (my personal love), Paris and Amsterdam, Istanbul and Antalya.
Among authors, I like Murakami, Marquez, Kundera, Fitzgerald, Salinger...intend to re-read the Russians.
I live for my family, for meeting and getting to know interesting people (easy conversationalists an added bonus), and for travel and movies. Among my favorite directors are Bergman, Tarkovsky, Bertollucci, Kubric, Lars Von Triers, Woody Allen, David Lean, Satyajit Ray, Mike Leigh, Antonioni...and all well-made movies created with honest intent, I guess!
People with a sharp sense of humour and an ability to take it nice and eaaasy always welcome in my space.