About this listing
The Manhattan apartment:
- Is a cute two bedroom with combined dinning area and kitchen in the heart of the east village.
- North facing so great light in the bedrooms.
- Free wifi
- Hardwood floors throughout apartment
- One bathroom - shower and tub combination
- This is also a pre war building - I chose it because it has character but it is also not the newest building - I love it - because it has character - If you are looking for all marble luxury apt I am not the place for you - but if you are looking for a truly bohemian creative comfortable space you will love it ....
- Fully equipped kitchen (microwave, toaster, gas oven, coffee machine, fridge freezer, etc)
- No cigarette smoking in the apartment, but fine if you want to smoke in the common garden area out back or go up to the roof.
- Third floor walk up.
- Washer and dryer in the basement.
- The apt is filled with lots of original art and personal signature design peices and if I say so myself just has a really cool chill vibe.
- Be sure to cut the lights - turn on the black light - and check out the huge black light painting in the living area. I had it specially commissioned for the space.
Please be aware that this is a NYC apt and may not be as quite as big apt's in other cities, by NYC standards the apt is a cute, not huge at all but very comfortable with great light in the rooms. A homely home.
- Fully Furnished bedrooms, with queen beds in both rooms.
- Air conditioning & Central Heating
- High-speed Wifi
- Each room has a windows looking out onto Ave C.
- All bedding (sheets, pillows, comforter), bath towels provided
- Visitors guide/s to NYC will be available for you to borrow during your stay.
- I am more than happy to make recommendations of some of my favorite places in the neighborhood and city, as I am passionate about the east village and NYC, also check out my guidebook on here.
- If you are more than four there is an air mattress option for you to use.
-The apartment is in a great location for visiting NYC.
It is the fun neighborhood that everyone comes to because it is filled with affordable cool and trendy restaurants, cafes, bars, hip clubs, shopping, yoga studios,coffee shops, live music venues, gyms, and avant garde theaters & operas. Pretty much anything you could want you can walk to.
If you want to venture out of the east village you will be in walking distance of Thompson Square Park, Lower East Side, SoHo, NoHo, West Village, Bowery, Greenwich Village, Union Square, Gramacy Park, China Town, Little Italy and the water by FDR park.
The Ave C bus line stops literally right outside the apt.You are within walking distance to the following subway lines 2nd Ave F subway line, that will connect you to anywhere in the city. Also walking distance to the J,M, Z on the LES and a little further away the 6, N and R lines at Astor place.
I have been hosting airbnb guest for over two years now look at my reviews they speak for themselves. I look forward to welcoming you to NYC !
WIFI @ the Apt.
TEA / COFFEE
The apt has tea / coffee, fruit etc it is there for you to use please help yourself.
Jason was great! He was able to accommodate me on very short notice, which I really appreciated. The apartment was exactly as listed. Great location. Exactly what I needed. The wifi was a little slow/wonky. It did ultimately work, just not super well. That would be my only minor critique. But would definitely recommend the apartment, especially if you're looking for something in the East Village. Great location and was well taken care of by Jason and his friend Cameron.
It was an easy check-in. Pictures described the apartment accurately. Village area has a lot of bars and venues to visit.
Great location and easy to travel to and from Laguardia airport. Our weekend plans revolved around activities that took place primarily in LES, so it took only a few minutes to get around. Jason was incredibly accommodating and apartment feels exactly as described in listing. I would recommend groups of 5 or less. We were 6 and it was a bit of a tight squeeze. Overall, though, great experience!
Jason's communication was prompt. The check in process was smooth for us. The Alphabet City unit is close to transportation to explore the lower east side and beyond. The unit can sleep four if needed as there are two true bedrooms but as stated there is not a huge social area if you wanted a communal space. As Jason stated the unit is older and we found it a little rougher around the edges than we anticipated. It was nicely cooled on a hot NY summer day. The price was good for two beds.
Jason's apparement is just great! East village is a quiet family neighborhood. Great location to visit Manhattan! The apartments is fully equipped. I definitely recommend this stay!
Can't beat the location or the price...perfect crash pad for a short trip to the city.
This host has 551 reviews for other properties.View Other Reviews
About the Host, Jason
- I am a laid back south African, professionally a teacher, been between NYC and FL for the last twelve years.
Really like my home to be a home and want you to feel as comfortable as possible here to.
Other than that love to go on adventures and travel, create art, drink good wine, eat good food, be in nature.