You have found the perfect place for two for a mountain getaway. It's a Sweet Suite.
HI, Thanks for looking at The Suite.
You have found the perfect place for two for a mountain getaway. It's a Sweet Suite.
Out your back door is your hot tub in the forested yard. Inside is one bedroom full of the king-sized bed, cozy living room with two couches, comfy chairs and gas heating stove for instant heat in addition to the hydronic floor heat, fully equipped kitchen if you feel like cooking.
The entry way is shared with the main house which leads you to the door of your private suite. Parking is in driveway.
Towels and bed linens provided. Kitchen has 4 burner stove top, oven, microwave, refrigerator, toaster, coffee pot, etc. Living room has NEW FLAT SCREEN cable T.V., DVD Player, IPOD Player and WiFi.
If dining out is your thing, The Suite is walking distance to Sunnyside, Firesign, and Spoon. And The Lake, you can walk to The Lake.
Non-holiday rate is $125/night, 2 night minimum. Plus the cleaning/laundry/make it perfect fee of $80.
Holiday rate is $140/night.
Email with questions or to get on the calendar. We will email a personalized rental agreement to you after you have booked. Please read the House Rules to see a copy of the rental agreement.
Interaction with Guests
Happy to chat with guests, but I often do not even meet them. That's how private The Suite can be!
The Suite is in a quiet neighborhood. The back yard is up against a campground, providing more forest in the winter and campers in the summer. Mandy, my cute, mid-size dog will also share the back yard with you.
The local bus service stops southbound just down the road. Northbound 1/4 mile away. Taxis are available also.
THIS IS A NON-SMOKING PROPERTY. PLEASE, NO SMOKERS.
The Suite is part of my home. Please treat it as you would your grandmother's house.
Once you complete your booking, we will send you a personalized rental agreement. We do ask that guests please review, sign and return the rental agreement. A copy of the rental agreement is shown below.
Before your arrival, we will send directions for The Suite, including check-in procedures.
Preparing for your departure
and receiving your full security deposit back:
Please leave The Suite as you found it, except, leave used towels on the bathroom floor and no need to make the bed!
Wash and put all kitchen wares/dishes away. Failure to do so….$100 deduction.
Turn off gas stove heat before leaving. Failure to do so: $100 deduction.
Make sure hot tub cover is on. Failure to do so: $100 deduction.
Leave key in the door of The Suite and lock the main front door with the knob.
Failure to do so: $100 deduction.
Please leave The Suite as you found it. Failure to do so: $100 deduction.
These are just a few examples of deposit deductions.
All this said, we know accidents do happen. Please point them out so we can prepare The Suite for our next guest.
Breach of the Rental agreement will result in total forfeiture of security deposit. ***KEEP READING TO SEE RENTAL AGREEMENT BELOW***
Following your departure, The Suite will be inspected and hopefully your security deposit will not be needed.
THE SUITE AND SURROUNDING PROPERTY
ARE NON- SMOKING
RENTAL AGREEMENT 2015
***Your dates are on the calendar through Airbnb. Please review this rental agreement and return at your earliest convenience***
PURPLE, Owner and LUCKY GUEST, Tenant, agree as follows:
1. The premises will be occupied by only 2 adults and 0 children. Occupancy of the premises by any additional persons is a breach of this agreement and may result in forfeiture of Tenant’s security deposit at the sole discretion of Owners or their agent.
2.Owners lease to Tenant hires, from owner the “premises” described as:
THE SUITE, TAHOE CITY
Arriving on XXX and Departing XXX, 2015.
If Interstate 80 closes for 12 or more consecutive hours on the day of arrival, the first day of the term shall be rescheduled, if possible, without charge.
3. RENT: Tenant agrees to pay $xxx/NIGHT for X nights .
To be paid through Airbnb.
4.Departure Clean $ 80.00 Handled through Airbnb.
5. SECURITY DEPOSIT: $500 Handled through Airbnb. Owner and their agent may use all or any portion of the security deposit reasonably necessary to (a) cure Tenant’s default in payment of rent or other sums due; (b) repair damages caused by Tenant or by a guest or licensee of Tenant; (c) clean the premises in excess of normal clean, if necessary upon expiration of the term; or (d) replace or return personal property, excluding ordinary wear and tear. No later than three (3) weeks after the end of the term, Owner and their agent shall furnish Tenant an itemized written statement of the basis for, and the amount of, any security received and the disposition of the security and shall return any remaining portion of the security to Tenant. If damage for which Tenant is responsible exceeds the amount of the security deposit, Tenant hereby authorizes Owner and agent to charge Tenant’s credit card identified in this agreement for such additional damage.
6.UTILITIES: Service outages, including, but not limited to electricity and cable will not result in a discount or refund to the tenants.
7.USE:Tenant shall not disturb, annoy, endanger, or interfere with neighbors, nor use the premises for any unlawful purposes, nor violate any law or ordinance, nor commit waste or nuisance upon or about the premises. If Tenant leaves any personal property on the premises, we will happily return the property. There will be a $20.00 handling fee in addition to the fee charged to pack and send the items C.O.D.
8. RULES AND REGULATIONS: Tenant agrees to comply with all reasonable rules or regulations posted on the premises or delivered to Tenant by Owner. ABSOLUTELY NO SMOKING OR PETS. Any violation of this rule will result in the forfeiture of your entire deposit. SMOKING IS PROHIBITED EVERYWHERE ON THE PROPERTY, INCLUDING OUTSIDE PATIOS, YARD, AND THE DRIVEWAY.
9.CANCELLATION: If you must cancel please give as much notice as possible. There is no penalty beyond the booking fee if you cancel prior to 5 days of your arrival.
10. CLEANING: After your stay the home will be inspected. Our cleaning service will perform a departure clean. We request that you leave the home picked up. (See note about excess cleaning under SECURITY DEPOSIT) Do not make up the bed and please leave the used towels on the floor.
11. GENERAL INFORMATION: Check out time is 10:00 A.M. Late checkouts will be charged $25.00 for each half hour after 10:00 A.M., unless other arrangements have been made with the owner prior to arrival. Check in time is 4:00 PM unless prior arrangements have been made. (Negotiable, without penalty, depending on other bookings.)
12.ACKNOWLEDGMENT:The undersigned have read the foregoing prior to execution and acknowledge receipt of a copy. In any action or proceeding arising out of this agreement, the prevailing party shall be entitled to reasonable attorney’s fees and costs in addition to any other relief awarded.
Tenant (Signature) _________________________ Date ______________
Tenant (Printed) _________________________
Tenant’s Phone_________________________ (day) _____________________(eve)
Fax # ______________________ email: _______________________
The Suite was so lovely and cozy and exceed our expectation. It snowed the weekend we were there and by the time we left the house, it driveway was plowed and ready to go!
Purple was a great host and made sure we have everything we needed. Even though we didnt cross paths, she left lovely post-it notes for us as well as cookies and beer :)
The hot tub in backyard amongst the woods was an extra treat.
The suite was perfect for two, as described! It was very clean, warm and cozy. The pictures don't actually do it enough justice, in my opinion as it is a really cute suite with a good floor plan. The suite is also well-stocked and well appointed with enough bedding, extra blankets, and even a surprisingly substantial amount of kitchenware. The hot tub was clean and so inviting. And Paddy even left us a couple of beers in the fridge as a welcoming gift.
Paddy was away for much of the weekend, but that didn't matter because everything was so well set up, and the directions she included ahead of time and in the suite were quite exhaustive.
The location was solid for us: right near restaurants in the Sunnyside, and just 7 minutes from Tahoe City. Half hour drive to South Tahoe where we hiked the Emerald Bay area.
The sunny side suite was a perfect get away to tahoe. close to skiing and close to the lake with beautiful views!
Our stay at Paddy's apartment was exactly what we needed: quiet, private, close to the slopes, and right next to the lake. We felt right at home in the cozy apartment that was well furnished, clean, and ready for our stay. Paddy was great at corresponding when needed but also left us our privacy which was much appreciated. Everything was as described and she even left us some beers in the fridge for our arrival. Would definitely stay again!
The Suite was perfect for a weekend away in the mountains. Very conveniently located if you're skiing at Squaw/Alpine. The Suite was clean and cozy, and the hot tub was the icing on top of the cake. We would love to stay here again!
The Suite was an ideal stay for two: very comfortable, exactly as described. Purple Paddie even left two beers for us in the fridge, and some New Years cookies! The hot tub was amazing after a full day of skiing, and Tahoe City and its restaurants were super close by. I would recommend this place to anyone looking for an amazing place to feel like home when exploring the wonderful things Tahoe has to offer. I definitely plan to return.
My husband and I stayed at Paddy's suite over a long weekend in Tahoe. The space is incredibly quiet, private and well-appointed - whether you want to cook or just lounge, the suite is great. The radiant heat in the floor and the gas stove heat were super cozy coming in out of the snow.
In terms of location, the suite is walking distance to the lake and Sunnyside, so we had great food and views to top it all off. A short drive from Squaw/Alpine, and minutes from Tahoe City, the location can't be beat.
We met Paddy only briefly, but she was very welcoming and available for any need we may have had - and even left us a couple of beers upon arrival. We had a wonderful time and hope to be back soon!